Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gary Naismith Signed...

Signed on a 6 month deal.

Very good signing IMO. Stoney isn't a left back and will play far better moved into the midfield.

Thoughts?

Re: Gary Naismith Signed...

I thought our midfield looked better for Stoney being in there first half on Saturday so having an experienced lb behind him will be great for the side.

Any news on Stoney? He limped off on Sat?

Stoney trained on Monday night with the team according to the East Fife mail.

Happy with this!

What a signing cannae wait to see him in the black and gold

Any news on dutot ? missed him sat

has to be a good signing even at 34,over 40 caps at senior level for scotland.can only enhance the current squad,and his experience will help,the younger players that are at the club.all the best gary.

Well done the powers that be for signing Gary. Welcome to New Bayview and good luck for Saturday Gary.

That's a fantastic signing and well done to the Board for showing more ambition than we've seen for many a year in attracting these kind of plsyers.

Let's hope he enjoys his initial time here, stays on and lets some of his mates know.

Let's hope the team can start to gel a bit in the next couple of weeks and start to show some of the play on the pitch to match the initial excitement and expectations.

Apparently on sport sound tonight

That is brilliant news........ Fantastic that should get the boys buzzing getting a guy with that experience in the dressing room. Looking forward to Saturday. Well done EF

Very pleased at this news, shows the ambition of the club to bring in a player of his experience and still a youngster too!

I think folk on here are underplaying this signing. He's only 34 and probably a class apart from any defender in the division (including Lee Wallace). This is a brilliant move by East Fife.

Under playing it !!!
We will probably win by5 on saturday and I can't see us conceding for the restof the season

What a signing!!

I hope he can stay clear of injury. He was a bit part player at Aberdeen last year but if fully fit and hungry to play I'm sure he'll be a standout at this level.

I wonder if there are anymore signings to come? Would love to see the bozids sign up but looks like that deal might have run cold. Craig Gordon perhaps?

Great signing by the club!! I wasn't expecting this.

Yeah we have got a left back in who is a left back, I feel stoney is more of a winger in midfield where he can use his pace and can cross balls in the box to buchanan to fire them in. That's what I think.

I hope we get another keeper for andrews, very experience and positions himself at set-pieces ie corners and free kicks. Prob craig gordon or sean murdoch at hibs I think, was with hamilton and dunfermline before? Could strengthen the team.

Listened to his interview on radio last night, was talking about getting into coaching and we will help him with that. so he be more a player-coach in the future. He has built a new house in Edinburgh and is settled here so were local for him. Hope he enjoys his time here and maybe even extend his stay.

I have heard the jambos would have kept him if they weren't saving up for there new stadia in livi.

The Jambos can sign players again on Feb 1st can they not?

I suspect that's where he'll be once his 6 months here is up.
However it's a good short term signing and the youngsters in the squad can learn a lot from him.

Great signing.

Hopefully he enjoys his time at Bayview and extends his stay after 6 months.

Ye hearts fans expect him back in 6 months.

As much as we are praising him, great signing btw, can we at least get his name right???

It's NAYSMITH!!!

King Kebab
As much as we are praising him, great signing btw, can we at least get his name right???

It's NAYSMITH!!!

Now for Steven Naysmith.