Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
bobby linn.

i hope on saturday that bobby gets a good reception,why because to me he gave everything to the fife when he was there and played for the jersey,unlike some of the squad today,and also he was part of the best times i have experienced,and im 52.

Re: bobby linn.

You are a bit unfair to mention the current squad. They have only just been put together. Give them time before having a dig.

I hope he is ignored and we get behind our players.
An average 1st Divsion player, Good in patches for us in Div 2, past his best with questionable temperament and decision making faculties as evidenced by his dummy spitting and Ballingry soujourn.

Just my opinion likesay.

SmokieBasher
I hope he is ignored and we get behind our players.
An average 1st Divsion player, Good in patches for us in Div 2, past his best with questionable temperament and decision making faculties as evidenced by his dummy spitting and Ballingry soujourn.

one of the best players east fife have had for a number of years, if not name another,

I liked bobby and we miss his talents in our team but I struggle with the suggestion that "he gave everything for the fife". There were enough games when you would barely know he was on the field

Sing " who needs Bobby Linn when we've got Aitchison" LOL LOL LOL come back Bobby ........

Darren Smith too...

All i care about is the three points.

You clearly didn't have the guy on Facebook then to see when he called us "the worst fans he has ever played for"

I hope he gets abuse for 90 minutes from the fans and Mbu kicks him off the park.

Certainly will welcome Smith back more than 1 in 10 Linn. Smith gave his all every time he played for us and I'd love if we still had him here.

No time for Facebook to busy writing songs

Linn was the most frustrating, inconsistent player I have ever seen in an East Fife jersey. Don't miss him at all and I couldn't give a monkeys about him on Saturday. Would take Smith back in a second though. He gave 100% every game.

Kenny deuchar and Ryan Wallace were jovially booed on their return to bayview and that's probably the best bobby linn can expect.

The only person that needs to think about Bobby Linn is Gary Naysmith.

Hopefully there's plenty room in his back pocket

Boaby's reception will be based on what reaction he gives the fans when he runs out.

A wee handclap towards the fans may keep some quiet. If not, booooooooooooooooooo

Bobby played several seasons with The Fife, scored a barrowload of goals, including some of the best I have had the privilege of seeing,created many more and played his part in our first title win in 60 years.Why would any self respecting Fifer boo the man.Darren Smith was injured for a large chunk of his EF career and although he had a few good games his contribution to our club does not come near to what Bobby Linn gave us,why should he be lauded and Bobby slated?PS Darren was a committed player when fully fit and I don't have a bad word to say about the guy!

Trollhunter

.Why would any self respecting Fifer boo the man.

Cos hes playing for the other side? That and the fact him and his PR mentor Hissy only ever talk about East Fife in a negative way on social media. But like I say ignore is the best policy.

I personally will welcome both of the players ,but I hope that we will show them what they are missing ,now they are at smaller club.

Bobby Linn no great loss, his form was poor in last season. Would take Smith back in a heartbeat tho, exactly the type of player our midfield need now.

See Hissy and Linn having a wee discussion about our "fans" on twitter. Couple o` sweetie wives!!
Oh, Linn is no great loss at all. Done virtually hee haw in his last season with us.

Someone trying to make a link between Twitter and sweetie wives. I wonder ?