Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Match Discussion: H v Smokies

2-1 to Fife at half time.

Totally dominating game, two goals disallowed, Arbroath down to ten men, Tuta looking immense.

I think it's fair to say that our season gets underway today.

Gonna be a great second half.

Mon the Fife.

Re: Match Discussion: H v Smokies

Was hoping for a less anxious time. C'mon Fife!

We won 2-1 Durie, Red Carded, both teams end up with 10 players

Arbroath ended up with 9 men after one of their players had to go off.

Thought Cedric Tuta was simply outstanding. It's been a while since I've seen such a big lad with touch, pace and power. Great stuff.

Gary Naysmith showed what he'll bring to East Fife! I can't remember an Arbroath attack down his side. Him and stoney shut down that left hand side.

Anyone seen Bobby Linn? Same shite from him. Hides during the game and did absolutely fuck all. I wish Paul Sheerin would just retire, the man just constantly moans and doesn't shut the fuck up.

Thought everyone had a good game today. Special mention to Ross Brown who again had a good game!

Great crowed once again btw!

Big Rab
We won 2-1 Durie, Red Carded, both teams end up with 10 players

Well that's a blatant lie! Arbroath finished the game with 9 men because someone got injured with 10 to go, first half was pretty quiet I would say with east fife scoring from a corner then a penalty and Arbroath scoring a freekick. We didn't press as much as some folk would have liked second half. Moosari was brutal but Gary Naysmith looked composed throughout keeping Linn quiet. Still no dig in the midfield! id like to see Dutot or even Thom in the anchor roll chasing down everything coming through the midfield.

Noise levels were pretty good today though keep it going the rest of the year!.. and my hand is broken from banging the stand I think!

Lets be honest here. Thought we were great for 25 minutes albeit starting with just 10 men! After that well it was like Brechin again. Thought the managers tactics were questionable during the match, the first substitution was a disgrace and sitting back against 10 then 9 men was well! Though Tuta, Brown an Stonie were class. Durie, Thom, Buchanan had a decent game too. Gary N was tidy and never really got pressed. Three points but it was very ugly.

Ok SMART ASS I LIVE OVER 5,500 MILES FROM METHIL BBC WORLD SPORTS DID NOT SAY

ANYTHING ABOUT AN INJURED PLAYER FOR ARBROATH.

INSTEAD OF SAYING BLATANT LIE YOU COULD HAVE SAID, DID YOU NOT MAKE A MISTAKE

IN YOUR POST.

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION YOU ARE JUST AN ARSE HOLE.

at the end of the day a wins a win,it can only boost morale within the squad.

Big Rab

IN YOUR POST.

Firstly stop acting the big man over a keyboard.. and secondly "well that's a blatant lie" is a figure of speech used by the younger generation these days so get with the times!.. another figure of speech before you take offence. Why are you commenting on the discussion of the game if you weren't there? your not a fan if that's the case.

Got to mention the ref....probably the worst I've seen. He was determined to even the game with a second red....shocking!!

Dubs
Big Rab

IN YOUR POST.

Firstly stop acting the big man over a keyboard.. and secondly "well that's a blatant lie" is a figure of speech used by the younger generation these days so get with the times!.. another figure of speech before you take offence. Why are you commenting on the discussion of the game if you weren't there? your not a fan if that's the case.

Maybe you should stop acting as a child - or is that what you are?

Penpal
Got to mention the ref....probably the worst I've seen. He was determined to even the game with a second red....shocking!!

Got to agree wi that like, he was itching to take book out last 20 mins. for anything!! . the refs really bring down the standard of football to junior level with some decision making

My Dear Dubs again in my humble opinion I believe you cannot read or comphrehend English for you to say I have no right on this forum, reporting about todays game.
If I could afford it I would live in the Leven area during the football season as I have been a supporter of East Fife for over 68 years now.

As Zack and the Burger Boys & Girl can attest to everytime I am over I
travel with one of them to an away game. I was fortunate to be at all 3 League Cup Final games and also at the Cup Final game we lost to Rangers 3-0, Have you been to any East Fife Cup Final games probably not.

One does not have to be in attendance at a game to be a true fan, there are many EXILES like me who support East Fife, though it is impossible for us to attend games.

There is Ozzie Fife, Gof, and the one from Texas who name I do not remember at the moment.

Every day that East Fife has a league game or cuptie I am following them on BBC Sports World on my computer this is how I can have an idea of the score etc.,

I am going to be over in the Leven area next year sometime, hopefully in the football season, if I manage to attend a home game and you are of legal drinking age I will treat you to a Dram, to show I am not upset at your comments.

Remember I am 5,500 miles East of New Bayview.

Hey rab would love to have a dram wi ye pal... But if your looking for better updates on match day join twitter it does the trick mate worth it honest

Next time your in town share your 4 cup final memories with everyone please we all love to hear it. il get ye a mic x

Thank You.

It will have to be a pint shandy for me as I have all but given up the booze,

done this many years ago.

Reason I gave up the booze I had to drive 50 miles one way to work,

once I went into management I had a beeper on me ( no mobile phones then )

One never knew when he would be called back to work in an emergency, thus no

booze, the good thing is I do not miss the Demon Rum & Coke.

Will be happy to meet you.

Could and should have been out of sight by half time. Some really good stuff played in the first half but unfortunately a silly foul gave Arbroath a lifeline.
Tuta was virtually unplayable in the first half and is forming a decent partnership with Buchanan. I was hoping the manager would keep him on a bit longer to try and get us a crucial 3rd goal.
Midfield is still the weak link in the team and it just isn`t happening for Moosari and I`m struggling to see why Aitchison justifies giving him a start.

Ref today was one of the worst ever and I can`t believe he let Sheerin off with blatant dissent during the whole time he was on.

Great to see a decent crowd today but maybe another turnstile to accommodate season ticket holders would prevent another queue.

I cannot understand management decisions .... How Moosari gets a game before anyone that was listed on the bench today is beyond me! Young Ross brown out in an unbelievable shift again trying to cover for colleagues that were AWOL. Tuta superb also and hope he and Buchanan can score soon, they could be an awesome pairing.