Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rangers away. How will we line up?

Well, first league trip to Ibrox in many a year. A thing I thought I'd never see.

I watched them on BTsport on Fri night and they ripped Airdie apart at times.

I wonder if we'll go with 2 up top?
If we go 4 5 1 who misses out?

Hopefully Dutot is fully fit. I imagine he'll fit in at right back with Durie suspended.

Maybe something like this

Andrews

Dutot, Thom, Mbu, Naysmith

Willis, J Stewart, Brown, Johnstone, McBride

Tuta

Harsh on Liam,but given our midfield being dominated a bit so far this season, we might need more bodies in there.

Re: Rangers away. How will we line up?

Liam's only wee so maybe we could sneak him on as well.

I have a horrible feeling that Moosavi will play. The gaffer clearly rates him despite a blind man being able to tell you he's not a footballer. Nothing against the boy but he can't beat a player, can't cross a ball, can't shoot, can't pick a pass, can't control the ball, doesn't know who to pick up, is consistently out of position, lets players run off him and his teammates appear not to pass to him due to the aforementioned. He is clearly very fit (physically, although he's offy braw) that is the 1 and only thing he has. That's it, Aitchison fancies him!

we're 99% certainly going to loose on Saturday so lets have a go!

Well we played with 10 men from the start on Saturday.... and just got away with it. If we do the same this Saturday coming we are doomed big time!

Get Dutot or Stevie Campbell in the midfield

Phone Lennon at Celtic and get some tips about bus parking!!

WullieBroonIsGod
Well, first league trip to Ibrox in many a year. A thing I thought I'd never see.

I watched them on BTsport on Fri night and they ripped Airdie apart at times.

I wonder if we'll go with 2 up top?
If we go 4 5 1 who misses out?

Hopefully Dutot is fully fit. I imagine he'll fit in at right back with Durie suspended.

Maybe something like this

Andrews

Dutot, Thom, Mbu, Naysmith

Willis, J Stewart, Brown, Johnstone, McBride

Tuta

Harsh on Liam,but given our midfield being dominated a bit so far this season, we might need more bodies in there.

Buchanan has scored 80% of our competitive goals this season. He will play for sure. Don't think a midfield containing McBride and Willis will have the necessary grit to do the job at Ibrox either. Agre that if Campbell is fit then he could do a job in there. What this does show is that we are still a bit lightweight in the middle of the park and this needs sorting quickly.

The teams that going to do well against Rangers this season are the ones that will surprise them and have a real go.

Nowt to lose, not got much of a midfield, so go 4-3-3 and if we let in a few shut up shop and keep score respectable.

I'd rather go for it and lose 4-0 than play boring as fuck and lose 1 or 2-0.

But most of all, I'd rather we pull off a shock win

GoF
The teams that going to do well against Rangers this season are the ones that will surprise them and have a real go.

Nowt to lose, not got much of a midfield, so go 4-3-3 and if we let in a few shut up shop and keep score respectable.

I'd rather go for it and lose 4-0 than play boring as fuck and lose 1 or 2-0.

But most of all, I'd rather we pull off a shock win

Our last league game at Ibrox was in October 1973. Result: Rangers 0 East Fife 1
It can be done.

4-3-3 was the favoured formation of Gavin Murray. His predecessor Dave Clarke would not have touched it with a bargepole, he knew how to approach these games.
There is no way on earth we will leave our midfield outnumbered and exposed away from home at Ibrox.
In 1984 we played one up front against Hibernian in the Scottish Cup at Easter Road, hit them on the counter attack and created the best chances, drew 0-0 and beat them in the replay at Bayview.
Six years later, same competition same venue and we went gung ho and got pumped 5-1.

We should have no fear in going toe-to-toe with this lot.

Be bold, be brave, believe and we will be victorious.

Yeah me too, missed having him in squad for two weeks am sure he'll cause them problems if he's brought on but I don't think mcbride or fash will start prob go for that european bloke moosavi, we need to attack them from the off and cause either gallacher/bell problems in making saves if we are going to take something from them.

Is anyone signing tomorrow am in row E, the game last year we just sang barmy army for 10mins...pity anyone doesn't have a drum and crowd singing east fife would slience those union bears on the right of us.

Hopefully Dutot is fit for tomorrow, as I'd have him straight back into my side. Midfield has been the weak point of the side by a mile this season so if he is fit I'd put him into midfield to give us the bite we've been missing.

Andrews

Neilson Thom Mbu Naysmith

Buchanan Stewart Brown Dutot Stoney

Tuta

With this I'd have Stewart and Dutot sitting in and allowing Ross Brown to venture forward when possible. I realise Buchanan isn't a right midfielder but I'm more than sure he'll do ten times the job that Moosari could. Who in all honesty should never be allowed near an East Fife top!!

Mon the fife!

Who is Neilson at right back?????

oops just scrolled down and found "right back" hope he can do a job!

Football Manager
Hopefully Dutot is fit for tomorrow, as I'd have him straight back into my side. Midfield has been the weak point of the side by a mile this season so if he is fit I'd put him into midfield to give us the bite we've been missing.

Andrews

Neilson Thom Mbu Naysmith

Buchanan Stewart Brown Dutot Stoney

Tuta

With this I'd have Stewart and Dutot sitting in and allowing Ross Brown to venture forward when possible. I realise Buchanan isn't a right midfielder but I'm more than sure he'll do ten times the job that Moosari could. Who in all honesty should never be allowed near an East Fife top!!

Mon the fife!

Can't argue with that, especially the last part about Moosari...PISH!