Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rangers - where's the buzz?

we have one of our biggest matches of the season on saturday. we're back at ibrox on league duty for the first time in forty years. we have a bit of momentum at last after getting our first win on saturday.
i'm disappointed by the lack of excitement and enthusiasm this week. we were a fluke goal away from playing east stirling or annan this week, and instead we are playing rangers.
this forum is very quiet. over on the official website, the main news is about a car boot sale. you have to hunt hard to find any mention that we are playing rangers. what is going on? are we not really bothered about this week's match? we have not seen much encouragement for supporters to get through to glasgow and get behind the team. the players need our support. it is a daunting place to go, much better when there are 400 or 500 fans right behind them.
isn't our chairman a rangers man? he must want as many east fife supporters as possible for a big game like this. where is the rallying cry? How many are going to the game? come on folks, it was an almighty struggle to earn the right to be playing this game. let's get through there and get right behind east fife, win lose or draw!!!!!

Re: Rangers - where's the buzz?

Why should there be any more buzz than usual? Just another league game.

Yeah I thought there would be a bit more buzz too, but they are just a two year old team after all.

If anyone missed it in the programme on Saturday's here's an initial piece on the Gers game - http://aftnwebsite.blogspot.ca/2013/08/rangers-v-east-fife-its-been-while-and.html.

Check the blog tomorrow for a follow up piece on our 1973 trip and win there.

Sorry but I dont get a buzz at the thought of sitting in a stadium having to listen to the crap spouted by the knuckle dragger's regarding ancient history.I will be there in the hope of seeing EF take three points and if having to endure 90 mins of sectarian bile is the price so be it.

Grinch
Sorry but I dont get a buzz at the thought of sitting in a stadium having to listen to the crap spouted by the knuckle dragger's regarding ancient history.I will be there in the hope of seeing EF take three points and if having to endure 90 mins of sectarian bile is the price so be it.

My thoughts exactly. Most of these knuckledraggers at Ibrox seem to think fans of other clubs are in awe of them. I couldn't care less about them, their newco, and their sectarian songs. I hope we win, but I hope we win every game.

One of my hates about visiting them are the condescending fanny's saying "enjoy yer day". Like we are so privilidged to visit their ground. The the othe main thing that boils ma p### is the bigoted singing. As Kevin Keegan said "ah will love if we beat them, love it". Mon the Fife

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........
Can't wait, happy to soak up bigoted pish, arrogant comments, cheesy music, over priced half time snacks, crap drive through, lengthy delay getting out of The flee pit car parks all because I am a man of belief, belief that on this occasion we could possibly cause those over paid fanny's problems. And Coisty may have a heart attack, have you seen the size he is getting food must be good at Murray park. Why get up tight about the fuds they are what they are and unless you intend on creating a new political force in uk I doubt you will ever change it so I say let them and their opposite nbers in green crack on slavering push while we enjoy our wee happy existance

GoF
Yeah I thought there would be a bit more buzz too, but they are just a two year old team after all.

If anyone missed it in the programme on Saturday's here's an initial piece on the Gers game - http://aftnwebsite.blogspot.ca/2013/08/rangers-v-east-fife-its-been-while-and.html.

Check the blog tomorrow for a follow up piece on our 1973 trip and win there.

Is it safe to wear colours on Saturday?

Just don't wear the deckchair top!

Our new blog post is up with a look back at East Fife's win at Ibrox in our last league game there. Has photos and everything!

Have a read and spread the word - http://aftnwebsite.blogspot.ca/2013/08/east-fife-looking-to-party-like-its-1973.html.

Last time I went through with scarf and 70s Toffs shirt on all the way there and all the way home (train and Subway) and it was nae bother.

Il be wearing the black and gold with pride, drinking in there clubs.. telling the one`s with no history, to enjoy there day against fife`s finest. Not every week they will play a team of such prestige

An observation from the cup game last season is that there is no point even trying to sing befoe kick off as the music blaring out drowns out any attempts. Better to save it for the 90 minutes during the match.

Give me Berwick or Elgin away any day over a trip to either half of the ugly sisters.

It's no really a buzz mate. Nice try to boost your traffic.

MonTheFife
Posting the link has nothing to do with trying to increase my website traffic, if you must know, the site's doing fine, Today we had 48 unique visitors before I posted that link with a total of 74 visits and it's not even mid-day, after posting the link here we have 63 unique visitors with 99 visits.

I was just trying to lift the spirits by linking you to some history from The Anorak, who, by the way, knows more than most about the history of The Fife, he's also offering anything you need to know on demand via the MTF 1903 forum.

we can ask the Anorak on here. Angus always happy to help find out answers for fans questions. I wish you well with your site. How would you feel about GoF trying to redirect people from your forum? I suppose you'll say you're fine with that.

Spirits don't need lifted anyway. Don't see why we should be buzzing about sevco. Cheats snd non entities IMO.

MonTheFife
There's a bit of a buzz over at MTF 1903 with the Anoraks Angle - Home page, 3rd post.

You keeping your Huns tattoo well covered on Saturday mate?

Curious
MonTheFife
There's a bit of a buzz over at MTF 1903 with the Anoraks Angle - Home page, 3rd post.

You keeping your Huns tattoo well covered on Saturday mate?

Not at all mate, Are you going to tell me who you are yet?

How many of us are going on Saturday? 500/600

Round about 300 i heard

How many tickets were we given?

i'd heard 431

GoF
Just don't wear the deckchair top![/quote

I met you outside the ground when you wore it last.

Good luck today...