Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New east fife fans website

I had a look at the new "rival" fans website and am not sure what purpose it serves.

I personally think its a slap in the face for Gof and all the hard work over the years that has gone into this site.

They have even put a forum on it.

Aftn has its faults but its still brilliant. Dont know why those people who have set up the rival site couldnt have just contributed some articles to aftn.

I was one of the "unique visitors" to the new site and I can say that my visit was truly "unique" as I wont be going back.

Its sad seeing a wee club like ours have factions.

I aint got time to go trawling different websites so I'll just stick to here for East Fife news if you dont mind

Re: New east fife fans website

In what way is it a slap in the face to anyone?
It's there for everyone to enjoy. It's a bit different to AFTN with articles on East Fife and some features relating to the club's history, including an on this day column.
I'm sure both websites can co-exist without any animosity.

Why make Pepsi? We already have Coke! Nothing wrong with having a choice.

Kings of Fife
In what way is it a slap in the face to anyone?
It's there for everyone to enjoy. It's a bit different to AFTN with articles on East Fife and some features relating to the club's history, including an on this day column.
I'm sure both websites can co-exist without any animosity.

Yes I agree.

Things which help promote East Fife are good.

Some of how this was done weren't the best but the end result will be good I'm sure. Especially if he starts putting up original stuff that isn't already found elsewhere.

He can't expect to come on here and advertise his site though (it's in the conditions above) and especially not with how he went about things on twitter.

Mod (and Rocker)
Things which help promote East Fife are good.

Some of how this was done weren't the best but the end result will be good I'm sure. Especially if he starts putting up original stuff that isn't already found elsewhere.

He can't expect to come on here and advertise his site though (it's in the conditions above) and especially not with how he went about things on twitter.

I'm guessing you classed my reply as advertising and that's why it's no longer here.

Anyway, AFTN Forever, You clearly haven't been keeping as up to date as you might like to think, I initially offered GoF the chance to combine our abilities and he politely declined, The original idea was to register the domains MonTheFife.com and MonTheFife.co.uk but after finding out that GoF had registered MonTheFife.com I didn't create an animosity I simply and politely asked if it was him and his silence spoke volumes.

Despite this I persevered and registered 2 different domains, Both of which I'm sure you're familiar with as I have now been advised I can't mention them.

Either way, I stated from the start that I wasn't attempting to take over AFTN and that has never been my intention, I have simply created a new East Fife resource for the fans.

If its no designed to take over from aftn then why add a forum?

Billy T

The forum was the initial idea in order to stop people hiding behind anonymous alias' and posting rubbish, making anonymous threats and generally being a nuisance.

The website was never in the initial plans as I figured GoF would be happy to link our abilities but he said no, so I decided to make my own website for the fans.

Billy T

Perhaps he feels that he can offer an improved layout eg sub forums where users can for instance ask EF related questions. It is also password controlled, minimising the possibility of trolls or serial posters of racist views simply changing their username.
If you don't like the format don't use it. It's not a forum war.

I'll jump in here before this becomes a pointless slagging match back and forward.

I have no problem with the new forum and I wished Brian well. You might have seen this since he decided to tweet a copy of my email out along with a number of comments which he subsequently deleted.

Some people have asked for a log in forum in the past, for the reasons outlined above, which we have considered but decided against it, at least for now.

Now there is one and people can freely use it and chat away.

I like the subsections and we discussed introducing that here a while back but the general consensus was no. I like how it splits things up though.

We can quite easily add this at the flick of a switch, which I've been seriously considering but don't think I can move existing threads into them unfortunately.

I have no idea who MTF is, I don't think we've ever met, but spreading the word of East Fife is always good. We need more people talking about the club.

However, with how he went about things initially, we won't be publicising the site here, although I have left most posts up so far where he's done that.