Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Vs Rangers

Nicky Clark makes it 1-0 to rangers after one minute.

Re: Vs Rangers

Miserable start but settled a bit now.

Official EF twitter having data problems, so we're going to live tweet the game over on our Twitter account.

2-0
Just in and watching on Orc vision

Where's Naysmith?!

Gers looking really quick. Our defence is all over the place.

Templeton and Wallace looking excellent.

Tuta and Buchanan looking lively when they can get the ball.

East Fife playing in white socks!
Tuta just shot wide.. Getting plaudits from the commentators

3-0 McCullouch

We look exhausted!

4-0 now [mcleod]. not a good day at th office!

5-0, mcculloch hat trick.

Re: Vs Rangerstha

5 now. Thought we'd do much better than this pathetic effort.

We need a higher quality manager to get make the most of the revolution. Aitchison is totally out of his depth

Is it not because of Aitchison's Hearts connections that you're managing to attract the likes of Naysmith and Neilson?
If the Huns break our British goalscoring record this season, at least you boys can be happy you did your bit to help.

Get a grip of yourself. We had 2-3 Great chances to score. It's the same old with us. Can't take our chances and concede stupid goals.

The players will learn from this. Can't wait for next week already!

We gave a far better show this time than last season. Individual errors (2x keeper, 2 Neilson) crucified us. Andrews never had a save to make & Rangers scored with their only efforts on target! 5 could actually turn out to be quite respectable as some will lose by 7 or 8 there this season! Our season really starts In 2 weeks time

Bapple!
Get a grip of yourself. We had 2-3 Great chances to score. It's the same old with us. Can't take our chances and concede stupid goals.

The players will learn from this. Can't wait for next week already!

What will the players learn? They were playing the weakest Rangers team we have ever seen.What will Robbie Neilson learn that he didn't know a long time ago?
The manager could learn a lot. Why did we not hire a manager who already has the experience we need? Aitchison is a nice guy but never an East Fife manager. Taxi!

We have the panic merchants out in force i see. What the fuck did you want from today? We played some decent stuff at times and should of scored 2-3! It's down the the manager that Naysmith, Tuta, Nade and Neilson want to play for East Fife!

You don't think that kids like Fash and Brown won't learn anything from today?
They won't learn anything coming up against better players? Give me a break.

Give the negativity a rest eh!

Might be the weakest Rangers team ever but they are still miles stronger than anything out with the top division. Ross Brown was our best player today so will have picked up a lot today. What did manager do wrong with selection today considering his preferred line up was f#%ked with Naysmith being injured. Individual errors are killing us if we cut them out we will be fine

What on earth will the players have learned from this? They were walked over by the weakest Rangers team in history, after tonight Rangers introduce their 8 new players full time, who turn that team basically into the second strongest side in Scotland once more.

This was our chance for a shock victory, it won't come again.

Absolute joke some of the opinions on here, just accept that rangers will win the league and anything we could get against them is a bonus. People expect too much. Get behind the team for once.

Are some of you seriously wanting Aitchison out? Give the man time for fuck sake!

Right, So they can't watch the video and LEARN from the mistakes made today?

Okay

Bapple!
Right, So they can't watch the video and LEARN from the mistakes made today?

Okay

- Okay they watch the video, they learn how to deal with the current weaker Rangers side.
Then tomorrow the brand new 8 rangers players are officially registered, transforming Rangers into a whole new team, they'll have trained and practiced for the older team

You really are a tit.

They'll watch the game film and the manager and coaching staff will point out any mistakes or areas where they could of done better, LEARN from it and hopefully do the right things in future games.

BlackandGold
Absolute joke some of the opinions on here, just accept that rangers will win the league and anything we could get against them is a bonus. People expect too much. Get behind the team for once.

Are some of you seriously wanting Aitchison out? Give the man time for fuck sake!

Give him time? He has had all his life to prove he is a manager. He did not make it, was not good enough. Why have we allowed him to take charge? He does not merit this opportunity. Only two people think he's the man for the job. Brian McNeill, and himself. Brian is a good guy but he has let his friendship with Willie cloud his judgment.

Giving a manager time is the age-old cop-out when a mistake has been made. Next cliche due any minute: Man Utd nearly sacked Ferguson. True, but he would have still been a massive success elsewhere. No other senior club will ever appoint Willie Aitchison as manager. After East Fife, it will be back to the taxis.

will berry
BlackandGold

Give him time? He has had all his life to prove he is a manager. He did not make it, was not good enough. Why have we allowed him to take charge? He does not merit this opportunity. Only two people think he's the man for the job. Brian McNeill, and himself. Brian is a good guy but he has let his friendship with Willie cloud his judgment.

Giving a manager time is the age-old cop-out when a mistake has been made. Next cliche due any minute: Man Utd nearly sacked Ferguson. True, but he would have still been a massive success elsewhere. No other senior club will ever appoint Willie Aitchison as manager. After East Fife, it will be back to the taxis.

No other club offer ex East Fife managers jobs period. Where did Murray, Bone, Kirk, Shannon, Baikie, Crawford, Roberston, Durie, Brown etc etc go after they finished with us? Not on to manage other senior clubs thats for sure.

No other club offer ex East Fife managers jobs period. Where did Murray, Bone, Kirk, Shannon, Baikie, Crawford, Roberston, Durie, Brown etc etc go after they finished with us? Not on to manage other senior clubs thats for sure.

Durie's actually the manager of the Rangers u20's or reserve league team I think?
And he just took whichever Rangers team he's in charge of to the Reserve Cup Final.

I really think the comments about the manager are out of order.Its more like somebody holding a grudge or having been freed by the club.He has only just started and should be allowed to get on with it.

topper
I really think the comments about the manager are out of order.Its more like somebody holding a grudge or having been freed by the club.He has only just started and should be allowed to get on with it.

No grudge. Not a player. I am an East Fife supporter who wants the best for the club, and thinks we can do a lot, lot better than a youth football coach as our manager.

Will....you're looking rather silly bud.

Didn't hear any of these comments from you after the Arbroath game. Loosing away to rangers is hardly a disgrace.

What's really your issue - your laddie not getting a game or are you a serial moaner that's struggling to find something to moan about this season?

How do you know he is not going to make a good manager??.

Rangers were a different class to us today and different class to every other team in the division and probably all of the Championship (still feels weird typing that).

Their pace and link up play left us flat footed but despite shipping five I thought we had a couple of chances and can only wonder if it would have been any different had we held on longer.

Probably not but I was pleased to see the guys didn't give up and battled to the end.

Tuta looked good. Fash and McBride added a little when they came on. Our defence did look all at sea though.

We won't be the last team to ship five or more at Ibrox this season.

The division is a bit of a farce really but we have three spots to aim for and that should be out main focus.

GoF
Rangers were a different class to us today and different class to every other team in the division and probably all of the Championship (still feels weird typing that).

Their pace and link up play left us flat footed but despite shipping five I thought we had a couple of chances and can only wonder if it would have been any different had we held on longer.

Probably not but I was pleased to see the guys didn't give up and battled to the end.

Tuta looked good. Fash and McBride added a little when they came on. Our defence did look all at sea though.

We won't be the last team to ship five or more at Ibrox this season.

The division is a bit of a farce really but we have three spots to aim for and that should be out main focus.

Agree we looked a bit better in the second half, thought Willis and McBride gave us options on the left and right flanks.

Everyone on here got opinions, so am I the only one that thinks Tuta has got to learn to release the ball (make a pass) when him team mates are available. One of his best qualities are holding on to the ball and being a big awkward centre forward, great, but should bring others into play to help him.

Could point the finger at the obvious faults/mistakes that led to their goals, but we'll see these on the highlights.

Rangers were good today, but we did carve out some chances and played some decent stuff during the 90. so something to build on.

Think the team is playing better than last season and I'm confident of avoiding the pain of the playoffs. Hopefully mid table.

For what it worth would have kept Buchanan on a wee while longer.

We really shouldnt count rangers as a serious judgement, we did not play that bad. Yes we made 5 errors but these can be fixed! We should just put the game behind us and concentrate on the games we do have realistic chances of winning. Its far far too early too be calling for the manager to leave, lets forget about this result and hope we dont make these mistakes again, cmon the fife!

Will,

What is it about the manager you don't like ? Tactics, team selection, signings? Just wondering if there is actually any substance to your point...... I'm guessing there is not.

But don't let that stop you posting eh bud.

I am aware that we had a few injuries and Durie suspended, but after a team set up the way they were last week against Arbroath played well, why so many changes for a game such as this. Putting players in that a) hadn't played in the team and b) players in new positions, played right into their hands. They (R****rs) are not as good as they think, the number of goals we leaked through fundamental defensive errors made the result look like they dominated us, this certainly is not the case. Robbie Neilson I felt despite it being his 1st game cannot use this fact as an excuse because, especially the 1st goal he should've had that sorted that is basic stuff to clear that ball, he also continually played dodgy passes across the defensive line which you would think someone with his experience would know better than to do. On an important point in my opinion we gave them far too much respect, for what?

On a separate point at the start of the match the announcer made a big song and dance about sectarian language and singing. On numerous occasions I heard the word 'fenian' amongst other words coming over from their 'fans' right beside the security folk, nothing said. Our fans were chanting who ate all the pies later in the match in friendly banter with some of their fans, same security folk tell them to stop it, what for discrimination? what a joke.

Calling for the manager's resignation is just daft. Couldn't make it to the match yesterday, but did watch some of it online. We played some good stuff going forward, but struggled a bit at the back. I am confident though that over the season, once the new players bed in,we'll be much better defensively than we were last season. All in all, I haven't felt so positively about the club for a very long time. Onwards and upwards.