Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Absolutely destroyed

Pretty hard to handle the result of today. Knew Rangers were going to beat us, but to get beat so easily, was alittle disheartening.

Rangers' Striker Nicky Clark, scored the first goal in just 29 seconds, possibly a record for fastest debut goal.

And then from then on it was just utter disaster, and this was against the weaker Rangers team with only two trialists. Their transfer embargo ends at midnight tonight, and they'll be at full strength with 8 new players.

Dreading them coming to us!

Re: Absolutely destroyed

How was he playing today,as far as I aware they cannot play until September and this is still August cheating baskets .

raithman
How was he playing today,as far as I aware they cannot play until September and this is still August cheating baskets .

Nicky Clark and Cammy Bell played as trailists.

Why were the water sprays put on at half-time? To me that is making deliberate changes to the playing surface during the game and surely, should not be allowed? It clearly had an effect on our players who probably, were wearing firm ground boots due to the prolonged dry weather conditions. They were also put on just prior to the start of the match and from what I could see, the ground was nice and green in perfect condition and definitely didn't look like it needed watering. I noticed a few of our players slipping, but no opposition players seemed to slip, from what I saw. Were the water sprays on all morning as well to deliberately soften the ground up to catch out the away team.... I wonder??

Igor, perhaps you could make a comment on this, why would they water an obviously excellent playing surface during a game? Do you think the were at it? I can't believe that the grass couldn't do without water for 90 minutes, or even half a day, do you?

Last week at bayview the pitch was watered maybe an hour before the game, it's not a conspiracy

Hozelock
Why were the water sprays put on at half-time? To me that is making deliberate changes to the playing surface during the game and surely, should not be allowed? It clearly had an effect on our players who probably, were wearing firm ground boots due to the prolonged dry weather conditions. They were also put on just prior to the start of the match and from what I could see, the ground was nice and green in perfect condition and definitely didn't look like it needed watering. I noticed a few of our players slipping, but no opposition players seemed to slip, from what I saw. Were the water sprays on all morning as well to deliberately soften the ground up to catch out the away team.... I wonder??

Igor, perhaps you could make a comment on this, why would they water an obviously excellent playing surface during a game? Do you think the were at it? I can't believe that the grass couldn't do without water for 90 minutes, or even half a day, do you?

LOL!!!!

Really can not believe your train of thought. Go to the mirror and give yourself a slap. Don't talk about things you clearly no nothing about. Conspiracy LMAO........

As far as I know it's common practice to do that.

Was speaking to Robbie Keane after last week's Vancouver-LA match and he went on a big rant about the state of the Whitecap's pitch and how they hadn't watered it before the game or at half time and said it was standard practice to do that in Europe.

At least with the larger teams.

Does anybody remember when Rangers cut their pitch size to the minimum allowed, for a European match a few years ago? It was to give them an advantage against the opposition, so I wouldn't put anything past them.