Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
lay of the new east fife

Why after an expexted defeat do we have fans moaning...was u thinking they will be a shock with a new team...am a east fife fan but not expecting instane success just cause we are semi full time.. Give it time and have some patience. At end of the day east fife will always be safe so dont worry get behind them win lose or draw

Re: lay of the new east fife

New East Fife lolz

Different season, same old shite. Before today we were poor. Next week and the following we'll still be poor.

Best squad of players seen at bayview for 15 year

Dougie Hope
Best squad of players seen at bayview for 15 year

Aitchison will be the worst manager we've seen in 15 years.

Like everything going on behind the scenes at Bayview just now but just look at the results on the park.

lost to Dunfermline by a dodgy penalty

Out-played brechin in first half ...we looked decent for 50 mins against team that beat us 6-0 last time we played

Beat the broath

Today lost to a team paying 4k a week average

I'm not sure what Will Berry's agenda or gripe is but seems to me that the manager is doing okay so far trying to build a team.
Seems to talk sense when interviewed, trying to play football and had the experience of building youth which is surely the entire long term strategy.
We have lost to the top two teams in the league so far, the next three or four are all against teams we will either fight for play offs or avoid relegation. We will have a much better idea of where we stand then.

Let's give the guy a decent chance.

DerbyFife
I'm not sure what Will Berry's agenda or gripe is but seems to me that the manager is doing okay so far trying to build a team.
Seems to talk sense when interviewed, trying to play football and had the experience of building youth which is surely the entire long term strategy.
We have lost to the top two teams in the league so far, the next three or four are all against teams we will either fight for play offs or avoid relegation. We will have a much better idea of where we stand then.

It's the easy option to give someone a decent chance, just because they are there in the first place. During that "decent chance" we are once more struggling while an inexperienced manager has to learn by making mistakes.
Stacks of other candidates could have done the job that needs to be done at Bayview without having to learn about management at the same time. He made basic blunders today with players out of position that lost us the game in the first 15 minutes. Why? Because he has no experience.

im thinking basic blunders made by players today cost us. 4 individual errors cost us 4 goals ...then you have there first goal, I thought the players were just a step away from getting there phones out to take pictures!!!! then bang a firework then bang a goal 18sec

We signed a Scottish international did not expect him to give away 3 goals today ?

Cannot blame willie for any of the above and if brian wants to give him a decent chance in football then that's ok by me.

DerbyFife

Couldnt have said it better myself!

Strangely enough I thought all our best performances came in the middle of the park today with Stewart, Willis and Brown all producing good spells of possession and Buchanan playing in the hole linking up well. The only slight grumble I have was the lack of a ball to Tuta's feet as this is where big Cedric causes problems for the opposition.

Said this in the other thread but not as disheartening today as some make out.

I didn't think Aitchison was the right guy for the job but he's put together a good squad through his and Drinkell's contacts and you can't blame him for the result today.

Individual errors and what other players would you have had out there?

Rangers are head and shoulders above everyone else. Really wouldn't be surprised to see them go unbeaten. We're realistically aiming for one of three spots and that should be all that concerns us.

As usual we are all settling for small consolations.
Try to be honest. The manager's selections at the back made sure this game was over as a contest in just fifteen minutes. Or maybe one minute. Poor choices by Aitchison, whose lack of experience was exposed immediately. To his credit, he recognised that and changed it, but too late, Rangers tails were up and they were two goals to the good.
He said before the match he would not change our preparation just because it was Rangers. What a mug.

What should have been the formation/ selection at the back?

Care to share your wisdom ahead of the Forfar game or are you going to stick to insults, moans and nonsense?

Crossbar the guy has a point big Joe should start in the middle at back he is the best we have him and thin did ok once willie changed it and put Nielson at rb robbie is a rb and has only played in bounce games this season putting him in the centre cost us the first goal, Joe would have got something on that I am positive. Any way we knew that it's hard to get anything and to be honest I thought that even when the gaffers plan wasn't working that brown was terrific effort etc jonny Stewart was trying to help but is too slow against these teams, deuto was telegraphing every pass which wasn't helping. Felt sorry for liam getting subbed, thought Cedric shoulhave gone for Fas h to come on any way

I thought the 352 wasn't a bad idea, but I'd have had Neilson and Dutot switching positions.
The lack of a genuine left back made options tough, though Stoney did well once we switched

Was always going to be tough yesterday

We were niave and didnt do ourselves any favours initially. But we continued to try to play football and keep the game open. I believe we are still settling into a team and have absolutely no fears for the coming season. I am also confident rather than a consolidation season we will be in play off

Good comments guys the gaffer is raw and learning I think he may well get it right soon cos there are some resent players. Drop Stewart try fash from the start cos tuta off the bench with half an hour to go would be a problem for anyone. Gers at the game yesterday said he was the biggest threat they had so far