Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"Hun" comments today.

We got ourselves into the spotlight after today's game, for all the wrong reasons.

It was noted on @EastFifeFC's twitter account that GoF ( @aftnwebsite on twitter ) would be doing updates of today's game.

Rangers' fans must of checked his page out because soon enough it was all over Rangers' fans twitters accounts and all over Rangers facebook pages that GoF had said in one of his tweets:

"And the Huns start singing "God Save The Queen". Just a horrible afternoon all round really."

This got so noticed that East Fife had to come out and respond on their twitter that @aftnwebsite wasn't actually affiliated to them nor doing updates for them.

GoF if you read this, we don't involve ourself in the bigotry of the old firm, or any of the teams in Scotland. You dropped the ball when you tweeted that today. And alot of Rangers fans noticed.

Re: "Hun" comments today.

So what?

If you check the Rangers thread above you'll also see that Dysart Lino used it.

It's a common term used by many fans.

The Mighty Fife
We got ourselves into the spotlight after today's game, for all the wrong reasons.

It was noted on @EastFifeFC's twitter account that GoF ( @aftnwebsite on twitter ) would be doing updates of today's game.

Rangers' fans must of checked his page out because soon enough it was all over Rangers' fans twitters accounts and all over Rangers facebook pages that GoF had said in one of his tweets:

"And the Huns start singing "God Save The Queen". Just a horrible afternoon all round really."

This got so noticed that East Fife had to come out and respond on their twitter that @aftnwebsite wasn't actually affiliated to them nor doing updates for them.

GoF if you read this, we don't involve ourself in the bigotry of the old firm, or any of the teams in Scotland. You dropped the ball when you tweeted that today. And alot of Rangers fans noticed.

So fucking what. Poor sensitive souls, the only bigotry comes from vast swathes of their fans.

Good work GoF

Aye on threads on here - Where people won't see it.

But if your twitter account's been shouted out by @EastFifeFC as doing updates for the game, and the Rangers FC official count (which has over 100,000 followers) shouts out @EastFifeFC

Then people are going to see it. It's very different using Hun comments and the like on this forum where others won't come and have a look and get riled up about it. but to do it when there's so many eyes on the social networks because we're playing Rangers. Is very different.

WTF
So what?

If you check the Rangers thread above you'll also see that Dysart Lino used it.

It's a common term used by many fans.

have a wee read about aftn. It states just about everywhere that it's not affiliated with club. Think about two knuckle draggers took a turn.

Are you scared that the self proclaimed big boys are angry?

And another thing.

I wonder why you're so touchy.

Does the fact that are you reading Rangers fans twitter accounts and facebook pages show where your LOYALties lie?

The Mighty Fife
Aye on threads on here - Where people won't see it.

But if your twitter account's been shouted out by @EastFifeFC as doing updates for the game, and the Rangers FC official count (which has over 100,000 followers) shouts out @EastFifeFC

Then people are going to see it. It's very different using Hun comments and the like on this forum where others won't come and have a look and get riled up about it. but to do it when there's so many eyes on the social networks because we're playing Rangers. Is very different.

well, next time, they won't shout out then eh?

WTF
And another thing.

Does the fact that are you reading Rangers fans twitter accounts and facebook pages show where your LOYALties lie?

Born and bred in Kirkaldy, and been a fan of East Fife all my life. But when a big game such as this arises, the spot light is on, I have many friends who favour the big clubs of Glasgow over smaller teams. Word gets around when you're playing one of the old firm mate.

Dragging the name of East Fife down with Hun remarks is not something to be proud of.

*Let the bigots and sectarian scum of the old firm have their way, personally I'd like us to steer clear of that.

Touchy much?

So from what I can tell, one Rangers twitter account tweeted at East Fife about it and they pointed out we weren't tweeting FOR them, which anyone with half a brain would have realised since it was on a different twitter account where East Fife's crest doesn't appear anywhere.

Had a bit of banter back and forth with a couple myself and a few others have been retweeting our more humourous comments during the game.

As I mentioned in the blog article in the programme last week, my dad is a Rangers fan and he calls himself a hun all the time.

GoF
Touchy much?

So from what I can tell, one Rangers twitter account tweeted at East Fife about it and they pointed out we weren't tweeting FOR them, which anyone with half a brain would have realised since it was on a different twitter account where East Fife's crest doesn't appear anywhere.

Had a bit of banter back and forth with a couple myself and a few others have been retweeting our more humourous comments during the game.

As I mentioned in the blog article in the programme last week, my dad is a Rangers fan and he calls himself a hun all the time.

I'm touchy because all I've seen after that is nothing about us being hammered 5-0 it's

"East Fife Fenian Bastards" or "Bigot fucks"

They're naive enough to think we don't even support East Fife, like it's just a hobby or something to do from time to time, but really we're all big bad Celtic Supporters.

Hardly a name I'd like attached to any East Fife fan.
"Tim in disguise"

Who cares what Rangers fans think about East Fife fans?

Who care what they or Celtic fans think about anything in Scottish football.

They're all in their own insular little world.

GoF
Who cares what Rangers fans think about East Fife fans?

Who care what they or Celtic fans think about anything in Scottish football.

They're all in their own insular little world.

And they're all in that little world because they are; Bigots, Sectarian, Promote Hate speech etc.

Don't join in by dropping to that level. Call them whatever the fuck we like on here, but on match day against that lot, we really are all under the microscope.

It'll result in things like seats being ripped out and vandalism etc at Bayview.

GoF is not a sectarian.

He's got proddy friends.

Are you being Serious ??? yeah there going to rip our seats out cause the got called huns ...get a fucking grip ...talking total bullshit there pal.

We were threatened today by stewards at ibrox for calling someone a sumo ?

Do you honestly think anyone ripping seats out at bayview will not be arrested ??

Oh dear me what a terrible thread boys total pish. Today the opposition fans were quite civil in my opinion and lets remember that there is nothing bigoted about singing the national anthem. If you think it is then u are wrapped up in that trash. Some of the other songs were questionable but what do you expect.

hmmmm I wonder who started this thread ???

Not a genuis
hmmmm I wonder who started this thread ???

I'm not ashamed to call them Huns. Huns Huns Huns. It's not a sectarian term, that's a ridiculous comment when they are a club that thrives on religious and political division. It's a well deserved insult, widely used in Scottish football. Who cares if they hate us?! They're not our pals. We should show them the contempt they deserve. Orc c#nts!

Cut everyone ae you wee fuckers.

Jealous ae the biggest team in Scotland!

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!
FUCK YER EAST FIFE!

BT
Oh dear me what a terrible thread boys total pish. Today the opposition fans were quite civil in my opinion and lets remember that there is nothing bigoted about singing the national anthem. If you think it is then u are wrapped up in that trash. Some of the other songs were questionable but what do you expect.

Rangers fans singing the national anthem is as bigoted, sectarian and politically loaded as it gets.

away you go wi yir slashed puss.

aye yir all the same

The Dude
BT

Rangers fans singing the national anthem is as bigoted, sectarian and politically loaded as it gets.

Oh dear

The Mighty Fife
WTF
And another thing.

Born and bred in Kirkaldy, and been a fan of East Fife all my life.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You can't even spell the name of the town you were 'born and bred in'. Missing out the c is the classic mistake of someone who has never tried to spell it before.

I have to agree with GOF the west of Scotland scum are not wanted by the majority of Scottish football fans,but your directors cannot get close enough to them licking balls noses up erses etc.Who put your teams formation out today.How many Huns are on your board?

Personally I wouldn't use the H word on a messageboard or social media as I'm aware that some of the sensitive souls in the Ibrox support have been claiming that it is a sectarian term for some time now. A claim that is spurious at best and after closer examination total hogwash, but that is now the perception in some quarters so I refrain.
GSTQ isn't sectarian it's just embarrassing to bellow out that tripe at a football game but One Scotland Many Cultures etc etc...

FamousRFC

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!
FUCK YER EAST FIFE!

No but how can you class yourself as biggest team in scotland when....

1. Your aren't in champions leauge/europa leauge to represent scotland
2. Your aren't in scottish premiership.
3. You only won one title(third division) last season as a major cup since replacing the name.

Bet ye travelled fae derby and support a winning team than derby county

Kings of Fife
Personally I wouldn't use the H word on a messageboard or social media as I'm aware that some of the sensitive souls in the Ibrox support have been claiming that it is a sectarian term for some time now. A claim that is spurious at best and after closer examination total hogwash, but that is now the perception in some quarters so I refrain.
GSTQ isn't sectarian it's just embarrassing to bellow out that tripe at a football game but One Scotland Many Cultures etc etc...

Yeah, that's fair enough. Should have known they would be so touchy and steered well clear of the word. Nice to see they care about a small East Fife site though!

The Mighty Fife and FamousRFC are the same people btw in case anyone hadn't worked that out!

BT

The national anthem is 'Flower of Scotland'. I was fucking disgusted when they turned round to the East Fife support', arms raised and singing the English national anthem.

What right had they to parade a union flag with the name 'Lee Rigby' on it? That was sick, warped and twisted to use the name of a soldier that died in appalling circumstances to further their filthy bigotry. Rigby was from Bury in Lancashire, maybe those sick, twisted fucks don't know the difference between Lancashire and Lanarkshire.

C'est What
BT

The national anthem is 'Flower of Scotland'. I was fucking disgusted when they turned round to the East Fife support', arms raised and singing the English national anthem.

What right had they to parade a union flag with the name 'Lee Rigby' on it? That was sick, warped and twisted to use the name of a soldier that died in appalling circumstances to further their filthy bigotry. Rigby was from Bury in Lancashire, maybe those sick, twisted fucks don't know the difference between Lancashire and Lanarkshire.

Lee Rigby's family were at the game as guests.
Apparently touched by the flag that was dragged round the pitch at half time, whenit was displayed at a pre season game.

It was pretty vomit inducing and has NOTHING to do with football. The old firm just can't seem to help seem to help themselves when it comes to this professional grieving
The announcer said that the flag would be presented to the family in private after the game. At least they weren't dragged out to be paraded in public too

Maybe safer to call them ORCs when they come to Bayview.
Just so you don't offend them.
Unfortunately their away support is proportionately even more despicable than the hordes that descend on Snake Mountain every 2nd Saturday.

Clydebank rejects
FamousRFC

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!
FUCK YER EAST FIFE!

No but how can you class yourself as biggest team in scotland when....

1. Your aren't in champions leauge/europa leauge to represent scotland
2. Your aren't in scottish premiership.
3. You only won one title(third division) last season as a major cup since replacing the name.

Bet ye travelled fae derby and support a winning team than derby county

Ok points 1-3 relevant points. Why make mention of a fan from Derby wouldn't have anything to do with his passing (RIP)at the game yesterday. Only you can answer that I have my opinion of your comment. I also know you will not be truthful in your answer. I believe your comment was in some way directed at this football supporters passing, he was also with his grandson. Sad that you need to resort to that to get a dig in SAD SAD man.

I, personally, don't believe the term is sectarian. I found myself in a slightly unpleasant situation a couple of years ago while watching an Aberdeen-Rangers match in my local, and I used the term while describing the animosity shown by the Red fans toward the Blue fans. Unfortunately, the stranger I was speaking to was of the blue persuasion, and took great offence. I had thought of it, and still do, as a nickname for the Rangers fans, which arose because they descend on away matches in great hordes. Some careful explaining and apologies, and some assistance from the pub's resident bluenose who is proud to self-describe himself as "The Hun", and all was smoothed over.

Whether it's sectarian, or not, I just don't use it anymore. I don't want to get into these sorts of arguments.

Spectator piece on the Offensive Behaviour at Fitba Act.

People were lifted under this Act at Balmoor, Glebe Park and Shielfield last year

This Act seems to be wide-open in its scope and capable of bringing a prosecution for just about anything. It's just not about whether it's sectarian or not, but whether someone is likely to be offended by it. If a boy fae Cowden was offended because one of our number commented on his foot odour and lack of audio-visual equipment, and a copper took him seriously, then that person could be in trouble. Not likely of course.

What is likely, is that with such a large support as the Rangers have, someone will be offended by something. And the Act seems to make extra allowance for knuckle dragging bams just looking for an excuse for disorder. May I suggest we all learn the words to "Rangers We Love You" before they come to Methil.

The bill was rushed through at the request of the police in the wake of the Neil Lennon death threats, and while I agree it is deeply flawed, and poorly/unequally enacted, I am quite sure calling Celtic fans Tims,Rangers fans Huns,Raith fans Lino Lickers, etc on a message board will not result in a knock at the door from the rozzers! P.s. if any Fifers think they'd be deeply upset at being abused because of their identity, I'd advise against drinking in Falkirk!

Can we just call them Zombies then or is that offensive to the walking dead?

Way way worse than zombies.

How much of being a rangers fan is actually about football?

WullieBroonIsGod
C'est What
BT

Lee Rigby's family were at the game as guests.
Apparently touched by the flag that was dragged round the pitch at half time, whenit was displayed at a pre season game.

It was pretty vomit inducing and has NOTHING to do with football. The old firm just can't seem to help seem to help themselves when it comes to this professional grieving
The announcer said that the flag would be presented to the family in private after the game. At least they weren't dragged out to be paraded in public too

I did not know that Lee Rigby's family were at the ground, superficially it's a nice gesture but I can't help but think that the invitation was driven by politics rather than humanism.

A number of Rangers fans had 'Lee Rigby' printed on the back of their football shirts. I think this is repulsive and bordering on the offensive. It's almost like the other lot with 'Bobby Sands' on the back of their shirts; who can outdo each other in warped ideologies?

Not sectarian? The words of one of their songs blasting away on the tannoy: "if you go to Dublin, we will follow you". I'd like to hear some stupid hun explain that away as non-sectarian.

The 'William of Orange' scarves on sale near Ibrox would go down a treat outside the Nieuwe Kerk in Delft, Netherlands, that's where most of the members of the House of Oranje-Nassau are buried. (King 'Billy' is buried in Westminster Abbey btw.)

What a sick, twisted city Glasgow is; half of them want to be 'Irish' and the other half 'British'. I feel sorry for the beleaguered Scots stuck in the middle

It's just a banter but rangers are good team that's why they beat us and have not lost a game yet

The bit that really sickened me was how the HUN`s all stared at the east fife support when flag was going round to see if we were clapping.

Most of us did ....

What would the response have been if like me, the whole effc support never clapped ?

FamousRFC

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!
FUCK YER EAST FIFE!

Famous for what? Bigotry? Yeah, really jealous of that.

C'est what?
FamousRFC

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!
FUCK YER EAST FIFE!

Famous for what? Bigotry? Yeah, really jealous of that.
ye need ti look a bit closer to hame wi sertain folk on the 1938 bus belting oot their bigoted celtic sectarian pish

Well I can't understand East Fife fans singing songs about another club.