Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
things that are annoying

Pissed off after yesterday hence the rant below about things that annoy me:
1 - having a Rangers man as Chairman of my club.
2 - people saying Lee Murray has bought the club. He hasn't and couldn't afford to even if he wanted to as he has no money.
3 - having a the rangers fan as captain (and he's pretty poor)
4 - applauding subs that warm up
5 - being consistently pish as a club.
6 - Lee Murray not admitting he doesn't own the club
7 - Mr Moosavi
8 - ALWAYS Getting the wrong manager
9 - incompetent announcers on match days.
10 - having a club shop that could be better run by school bairns.
11 - 'positive fans' that lecture everyone on how to behave, what to say and what to do.
subs:
12 - whoever thought Kevin Nade looked like a footballer.
13 - the whole squad for applauding the fans yesterday at full time. They should've been down the tunnel as they would at any other ground.
14 - All of us for living in the past.

apologies for my negativity but I'm getting a bit fed up of being let down year after year. Resigned myself to another season of trying to stay up and viewing that as success. Feel free to pick apart the above comments and tell me how great we are, i need some reassurance that there is hope!

Re: things that are annoying

Things that are annoying:

1. Negativity.

Point 9 -

You have a problem if you are upset about our announcers. They do a good and amusing job and I wouldn't change them for anybody else. What would you prefer, a boring and patronising pratt of an announcer straight out of the BBC announcers School of Boring B'strds, like the one at Ibrox yesterday? Me, I'd go for our announcers every time, people who actually have a personality.

It is interesting to note that teams like Alloa, Cowdenbeath, Dumbarton ... can compete at a higher level with no more resources than we have.

Perhaps we can learn from what they are doing.

Although, we need to give the new regime more time.

Not fair to have a go at volunteers like our stadium announcer. Like the other poster said, do you want some publicly educated toff with golf balls in their mouth?

come on
Not fair to have a go at volunteers like our stadium announcer. Like the other poster said, do you want some publicly educated toff with golf balls in their mouth?

good point. I apologise for saying that, please disregard that comment. Just a bit annoyed / frustrated this morning (as I'm sure we all are)!

onwards and upwards, 3 points against Firfar and all will be good again.

sorry for any offence in earlier post.

Mon the Fife

I was particularly impressed with the faultless ht draw announced by that fud Andy Cameron yesterday.

Stuttering buffoon.

Gutted
2 - people saying Lee Murray has bought the club. He hasn't and couldn't afford to even if he wanted to as he has no money.
7 - Mr Moosavi
11 - 'positive fans' that lecture everyone on how to behave, what to say and what to do.
subs:
13 - the whole squad for applauding the fans yesterday at full time. They should've been down the tunnel as they would at any other ground.

apologies for my negativity but I'm getting a bit fed up of being let down year after year. Resigned myself to another season of trying to stay up and viewing that as success. Feel free to pick apart the above comments and tell me how great we are, i need some reassurance that there is hope!

This post is sooooooo last season.

Mindless moaning like this damages the club. It helps no one and it's embarrassing.

I hope you can change your ways and get behind your club - faults and all. If not then then I suggest east fife is not the club for you.

Respect to Mr Gutted. Telling it like it is. I agree with many of the points made

1 - having a Rangers man as Chairman of my club. TRUE BUT HE IS HONEST ABOUT IT AND IS PUTTING EAST FIFE FIRST NOW, AND HE IS A BIG IMPROVEMENT ON HISSING SID
2 - people saying Lee Murray has bought the club. He hasn't and couldn't afford to even if he wanted to as he has no money. CORRECT, BUT THE MAJORITY OF FANS HAVE LET THE WOOL BE PULLED OVER THEIR EYES. THERE WAS NO BUY-OUT, JUST A CHANGE OF CONTROL FOR NOW
3 - having a the rangers fan as captain (and he's pretty poor). AGREED HE SHOULD NOT BE CAPTAIN BUT HE HAS IMPROVED AS A PLAYER
4 - applauding subs that warm up NOT BOTHERED
5 - being consistently pish as a club. YES, I'M WITH YOU ON THAT ONE...
6 - Lee Murray not admitting he doesn't own the club. AS ABOVE AT 2
7 - Mr Moosavi MINOR PROBLEM
8 - ALWAYS Getting the wrong manager THIS IS OUR BIGGEST FAILING. SOMEONE ELSEWHERE HAS SAID ON ANOTHER THREAD THAT EAST FIFE MANAGERS NEVER GO ON TO BETTER THINGS. WHY DOES JUST ABOUT EVERY COWDENBEATH MANAGER IN THE LAST 20 YEARS GO HIGHER IN THE GAME? WHY CAN THEY HIRE GOOD MANAGERS, AND WE KEEP APPOINTING INEXPERIENCED FAILURES? WE HAD A BIG CHANCE IN THE SUMMER TO GET THE RIGHT MAN IN PLACE TO DRIVE THIS CLUB FORWARD
9 - incompetent announcers on match days. EMBARRASSING AT TIMES BUT A MINOR PROBLEM
10 - having a club shop that could be better run by school bairns. MINOR PROBLEM
11 - 'positive fans' that lecture everyone on how to behave, what to say and what to do. ANOTHER OF OUR BIGGEST PROBLEMS. THE MAJORITY OF FANS ACCEPT POOR FARE WHILE OTHER CLUBS OF THE SAME SIZE, AND SMALLER, LEAVE US BEHIND. YOU CAN HEAR THEM NOW IF WE GOT PROMOTED: 'WE'LL COME STRAICHT BACK DOON"
subs:
12 - whoever thought Kevin Nade looked like a footballer. IN THE PAST, FORGET IT
13 - the whole squad for applauding the fans yesterday at full time. They should've been down the tunnel as they would at any other ground. YOU ARE RIGHT, THERE IS A TIME AND A PLACE. YESTERDAY WAS NEITHER
14 - All of us for living in the past. WE SHOULD ALL LOOK TO THE FUTURE AND WANT THE BEST FOR EAST FIFE. TOO MANY FANS ACCEPT THE PRESENT AS OUR LONG-TERM FATE

Honestly, what a bunch of moaners.i really can't see you have any idea how much work people do at the club. A lot of it voluntary. Folk have hit the ground running with a lot of stuff and are doing a damn good job. When did you last look in the shop? It has been changed, there is now an awful lot more stuff in it and more new stuff is being ordered.

I know I will miss folk out but Lee Murray, Robert Cargill, Brian McNeill, Alex Blyth have really stepped up and are putting an awful lot of hours into the club. They were all there today doing stuff. Peter and Dave Brodie work every Sunday doing all the crappy jobs. All that comes over is criticism, negativity and general crap. Would you prefer a return to the old ways, were you happy with fans being treated like mushrooms? There is a buzz about the club, people are smiling fans are getting a lot more information than ever before, the shop has stock to sell, and the club is listening to the fans. There is more corporate than there has been for years, we have more sponsorship, we have a chairman that talks to the fans as an equal, a massive increase in season ticket sales, things are looking up at East Fife. We have a great youth programme with Ross Brown seeming to have found a regular place in the team and others on the fringes. A new East Fife Youth Academy has just been launched. And wait for it, people at East Fife are working together, yes folks it is possible contrary to what the old regime wanted you to believe.

Monty was also working today, and the amount of work Carolyn, Dennis, and especially Leona are doing has increased tremendously. You can't just stand on the sidelines snap your fingers and everything will done to your satisfaction. I know that it has been said before but you should try giving some help and then you would appreciate just what is going on.

So how about making September a month of positives, lets have a half full instead of a half empty attitude for a few weeks. Lets look forward and encourage instead of looking back and comparing with other clubs. We are East Fife, we are here, and hopefully under the new leadership we will now be able to go on. I am passionate about my club and stand proud. Lets go out and sing at the games, lets show other clubs we are behind the players, help them with a bit of intimidation with our noise it might just help, one step at a time might make all the difference.

Thanks for not putting me as number 1

I aim to please sometimes I do get it wrong and can't pronounce some of the foreign names but I do put a smile or grimace on peoples faces, there is no airs n graces about me I am who I am a Methil born and bred lass and I love doing the announcements for my beloved East Fife. I am into my 10th season with East Fife so if you are not used to me by now you never will

Cazza, no need to take the bait. Your doin' a great job!
If people want a news reader type voice, switch on BBC.

Do you really have a clue?
Honestly, what a bunch of moaners.i really can't see you have any idea how much work people do at the club. A lot of it voluntary. Folk have hit the ground running with a lot of stuff and are doing a damn good job. When did you last look in the shop? It has been changed, there is now an awful lot more stuff in it and more new stuff is being ordered.

I know I will miss folk out but Lee Murray, Robert Cargill, Brian McNeill, Alex Blyth have really stepped up and are putting an awful lot of hours into the club. They were all there today doing stuff. Peter and Dave Brodie work every Sunday doing all the crappy jobs. All that comes over is criticism, negativity and general crap. Would you prefer a return to the old ways, were you happy with fans being treated like mushrooms? There is a buzz about the club, people are smiling fans are getting a lot more information than ever before, the shop has stock to sell, and the club is listening to the fans. There is more corporate than there has been for years, we have more sponsorship, we have a chairman that talks to the fans as an equal, a massive increase in season ticket sales, things are looking up at East Fife. We have a great youth programme with Ross Brown seeming to have found a regular place in the team and others on the fringes. A new East Fife Youth Academy has just been launched. And wait for it, people at East Fife are working together, yes folks it is possible contrary to what the old regime wanted you to believe.

Monty was also working today, and the amount of work Carolyn, Dennis, and especially Leona are doing has increased tremendously. You can't just stand on the sidelines snap your fingers and everything will done to your satisfaction. I know that it has been said before but you should try giving some help and then you would appreciate just what is going on.

So how about making September a month of positives, lets have a half full instead of a half empty attitude for a few weeks. Lets look forward and encourage instead of looking back and comparing with other clubs. We are East Fife, we are here, and hopefully under the new leadership we will now be able to go on. I am passionate about my club and stand proud. Lets go out and sing at the games, lets show other clubs we are behind the players, help them with a bit of intimidation with our noise it might just help, one step at a time might make all the difference.

Well said absolutely spot on

Cazza a think yer guid lol

Do you really have a clue?

This.

Obviously results on the park will play into how positive people can be but we must have one of the worst sections of moaning supporters in Scotland.

Every club message board has moaners (it's not just here as some seem to think) but are we just so used to mediocrity now that we can't see all the good things that are happening with our club?

The work put in behind the scenes by the new regime appears excellent and the club needs more people to give up their time and help out if they can. Knocking the volunteers that do is sad to read.

There are certainly things that can improve but we've come a long way in terms of communications and playing squad since three months ago.

Gutted
7 - Mr Moosavi
subs:

You are fucking bang out of order.

9. Cazza does a great job.

13. Are you fucking daft or something? It is good that the players recognised the fans yesterday, it's called bonding.

we won the third division a few years ago, we are slowly but surely turning things round. If you want success then jump on a train and go watch that trash in blue that play in Ibrox.

For obvious reasons I do not frequent Bayview very often but when I do I have to admit that Cazza does what she says herself and puts a smile on peoples face. She clearly has a passion for her club with this coming over loud and clear during all of her announcements during match days.

It's not often I come on here and give praise to anything connected with East Fife but on this occassion I do so wholeheartedly.

Cazza - keep up the good work.

Why do we have so many negativity posts on here now....

1. Who cares who lee murray supports yawn fs get a grip he's now at east fife and the other negativite posts like he said that or he support Rangers pish.

2. Why would we want to replace cazza you need to be shot, the lassie pits her effort in doing this for the club as a annoucer. Would have her than have a boring character that's clueless.

We are east fife so if ye gonna moan just leave this forum and take a good look at yourselfs your putting the club down. Try and support your team eh....sick at reading wasted post fillied with so much negativie post. Let's constrated and get behind ef at the next match, bet another negativie post will slag me or the club I love and support...bring it on!

#mon the fife!

I hope one season we have better fans both at games and on AFTN, I'm sick at fans moaning or being negativie let's get together and support ef fs. I hope gof or the people behind AFTN start putting username accounts to stop random people having a go unkeown, this forum would be better and positive about ef and that will happen if this keeps up so don't blame me take a look of yourself before posting. Let's support e.fife.

^^^