Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
stonny, rangers game

Stonny took the rangers supporters bus home after saturdays game which as a captain I think is disgraceful, I also disagree with him being in the team as his footballing ability is lacking to say the least, I agree he is a good leader on the pitch but I think its time to move him on and move forward

Re: stonny, rangers game

I fear this will will open a can of worms yet i find myself unable to disagree with you.

so what...hardly a big deal. he was probably with friends and family. lets get rid of him, bad boy

The captain of our team shouldnt be going away on the opposition teams supporters bus, after a defeat the captain should be there to help lift the lads up after a heavy defeat.

The problem is not so much his behaviour, but the decision to make him captain. He barely deserves a start, far less the armband. Getting a Rangers bus home just underlines his lack of the very qualities a captain needs.
This embarrassment is easy to fix. Make someone else captain.

who is Stonny?

will berry
The problem is not so much his behaviour, but the decision to make him captain. He barely deserves a start, far less the armband. Getting a Rangers bus home just underlines his lack of the very qualities a captain needs.
This embarrassment is easy to fix. Make someone else captain.

I wonder if he was also celebrating a big win for the team he supports?

I agree that is not the mark of a leader or a club captain. He is a player I quite like for his efforts and commitment but I don't think he has enough other qualities to be a regular starter at a club that, to paraphrase a certain previous manager, is looking to go places. I'm actually quite offended that he has done that to be honest and hope he has the guts to come out and apologise for a poor piece of judgement.

Mind you someone at the club must have condoned his not coming back on the team bus and whoever that was should have his arse kicked too.

People can be getting stung here with a mischievous post.... Hearsay as far as I am concerned until I see official evidence.... As such I will not pass judgement....

Bush Trimmings
People can be getting stung here with a mischievous post.... Hearsay as far as I am concerned until I see official evidence.... As such I will not pass judgement....

Well I'll take it back if that is the case though I stand by what I said regarding his qualities as a player.

Grim Reaper
Bush Trimmings

Well I'll take it back if that is the case though I stand by what I said regarding his qualities as a player.

Likewise.

I have it as evidence from someone who was on the bus saying he was getting pelters from the rangers fans because of the result

I understand he has a season ticket for The Rangers and holds office in the Kennoway Rangers Supporters club so I can understand him travelling back with his friends on the bus... If he wasn't the captain of East Fife.

If true its very amateurish in my opinion but perhaps a reflection of some of the things the chairman was talking of wanting to change in his talk sport interview - i.e local football fans bypassing East Fife to support the bigot brothers.

It would have been classier of him if he and some of the players tried to squeeze in the 1938 buses if they wanted a quick run home and a better class of football debate.

If he had supported Brechin or Forfar and took a lift in their bus this would not have got a mention. The pretend outrage is much more to do with the team involved rather than the deed.
I am mystified by the need of anyone from outside Glasgow to support either of the bigot brothers but it's their choice. To take a lift home with friends in a supporter's bus is a major non-event and for anyone to question the player's committment or loyalty to EF, based on that, is a bit bizarre.

I'm going to have to disagree with you, he is team captain and should be acting like one. His duty is to his team mates and East Fife Football Club.

To travel back with Rangers supporters (or any other opposition supporters) shows a distinct lack of respect for his position within the club and the club itself. You have to question his commitment, you really do.

It was only when we played Rangers last season I read that he was a Ranger's supporter. A lack of committment to EF had never crossed my mind prior to knowing that and although his decision to travel that way and the club's decision to allow it seem ill thought out I don't think he has given any less than 100% effort in any game he has played.
Would there have been this sham outrage if it was Forfar rather than Rangers ?

Not The Other Chairman
If he had supported Brechin or Forfar and took a lift in their bus this would not have got a mention. The pretend outrage is much more to do with the team involved rather than the deed.
I am mystified by the need of anyone from outside Glasgow to support either of the bigot brothers but it's their choice. To take a lift home with friends in a supporter's bus is a major non-event and for anyone to question the player's committment or loyalty to EF, based on that, is a bit bizarre.

Hardly pretend outrage. It's just plain wrong regardless of which club he supports. He is club captain after all and should be setting an example not getting on a supporters bus with his pals. It's unprofessional if nothing else but more seriously displays a complete lack of respect towards the club he supposedly represents.

He is the captain of east fife a professional football club and he should act in a professional manner and he did not.I would like to think we are not that diddy football club.

Not The Other Chairman, wrong wrong so very wrong.

Its a pretty damn poor show to be honest and he clearly didn't put a lot of thought into it.
Sheer stupidity on his part.
As it stands we got well and truly pumped which makes it even worse!

Think use clueless idiots will forgetwe slonsor him and £100 from lur club is going to your club. Talking about your captain in this way is a joke!! Think half of you will not have the bottle to speak up and say what you think to him. Hes a great guy and always gives more than 100% and was your beat player yesterday!!

Lee Thomson
Think use clueless idiots will forgetwe slonsor him and £100 from lur club is going to your club. Talking about your captain in this way is a joke!! Think half of you will not have the bottle to speak up and say what you think to him. Hes a great guy and always gives more than 100% and was your beat player yesterday!!

One hundred quid? Is that all it takes to sell the club's pride? You can have your money back Lee, we can live without it. You will need it for the bucket collection when your club goes into administration again. And while you are at it, stick your Kennoway Rangers up your arse.

Its buckhaven and methil RSC but i will let you off. Thats nkt the point, the way you are talking about your captain js a joke, hes your best player, he was player of the year last year and now because lf a rumour he is now shite?

I suppose this is the same guy who gave up summer holidays to train full time who works extra hours to get time of for training. Who gives his all in every game for east fife I'm not his biggest fan as a player but come on he's captain of east fife not the Concordia.

martin black
I suppose this is the same guy who gave up summer holidays to train full time who works extra hours to get time of for training. Who gives his all in every game for east fife I'm not his biggest fan as a player but come on he's captain of east fife not the Concordia.

Correct mate, boy has gave alot up and does alot for your club, shame some of your fans are idiots! Never mind done wasting ma time, i came on to stick up for a good mate who is a great captain, & for the comment about the bucketxollection, a think you will find you want to increase capacity for rangers games to make money off us, ?? Enjoy relegation

Lee Thomson
Its buckhaven and methil RSC but i will let you off. Thats nkt the point, the way you are talking about your captain js a joke, hes your best player, he was player of the year last year and now because lf a rumour he is now shite?

If you think this guy is our best player, it just proves that people like you who attach yourselves to Rangers or Celtic know very little about football.

this post is embarrassing and is an attack on one of our local players, personally think it should be removed but no doubt it will make the press for the wrong reasons!! Stonie always plays for the shirt and his commitment should not be questioned. Lee posts supporting Stonie and gets abuse from all the nameless on here ... we dont need another vendetta this year against any players !! support them not slate them !!

Lee Thomson
martin black

Correct mate, boy has gave alot up and does alot for your club, shame some of your fans are idiots! Never mind done wasting ma time, i came on to stick up for a good mate who is a great captain, & for the comment about the bucketxollection, a think you will find you want to increase capacity for rangers games to make money off us, ?? Enjoy relegation

Enjoy being run by the Easdales. You deserve each other. And you thought Craig Whyte was bad.

I have said the decision was ill advised but still cannot see why it calls his committment to the club into question.
The first few posts on this thread are from people who have presumably followed EF through some messy times but never thought to voice an opinion yet suddenly they are outraged.

ps is Lee Thomson really Jim Traynor - writing style seems similar.

Agree with NTOC.

There is no way you can question Stonie's commitment to East Fife on the pitch during games and off it with training and community work.

You can question his sensibilities IF what the original poster says happened actually happened. Was stupid and not what a captain should do imo.

So Stonie is a Rangers fan. So what? I hate them but each to their own and if he has a season ticket, remember the guy was playing amateur and won't have a long playing career so he's thinking ahead about following his team.

In games like these a Rangers fan is likely to play out of his skin in the hope that maybe, just maybe, he can do enough to impress the team he supports and would give anything no doubt to join.

"Enjoy relegation"

Love Stoney. But you are an arrogant prick son.

EFFC forever

Lot of silly attitudes on here.

Lee Thomson was correct to defend his pal but let himself down with the "enjoy relegation" comment, showing a bit of immaturity there

Enjoy relegation tut ye come fae methil fs so much for supporting stoney if you want us relegated.

Lee Thomson
This is the kind of response we come to expect from fans with no morals.I couldnt believe these peepel they even clapped off a player that bets against his own team.

This thread is an embarrassment.

He's an East Fife player & captain, okay we've established that. But let's get down to realism here. East Fife although considered "Professional" & "Semi Full-Time", it's not that.

Rangers have been around alot longer, and have been way more successful, so much so that that if you vist countries like Spain, America, New Zeland, Australia, etc, you will find Rangers kits on sale and Rangers merchandise. If you go to Northern Ireland, there's a Rangers shop in Belfast, if you go to Glasgow Airport, there's a Rangers shop in the airport.

These lads that play for East Fife, when they're kids growing up they don't dream of playing for East Fife. They dream of playing for teams like Rangers, Celtic, Manchester United, Manchester City, Barcelona, Real Madrid. They also grow up supporting teams like that.

So what he jumps on a RSC bus back to Fife from Ibrox. Stop yer whining. More people around the world now know who East Fife are because they played a game against Rangers in 2013 on league duty at Ibrox Stadium infront of 42,870 people.

Let the captain do whatever the fuck he wants.

DaMan
This thread is an embarrassment.

He's an East Fife player & captain, okay we've established that. But let's get down to realism here. East Fife although considered "Professional" & "Semi Full-Time", it's not that.

Rangers have been around alot longer, and have been way more successful, so much so that that if you vist countries like Spain, America, New Zeland, Australia, etc, you will find Rangers kits on sale and Rangers merchandise. If you go to Northern Ireland, there's a Rangers shop in Belfast, if you go to Glasgow Airport, there's a Rangers shop in the airport.

These lads that play for East Fife, when they're kids growing up they don't dream of playing for East Fife. They dream of playing for teams like Rangers, Celtic, Manchester United, Manchester City, Barcelona, Real Madrid. They also grow up supporting teams like that.

So what he jumps on a RSC bus back to Fife from Ibrox. Stop yer whining. More people around the world now know who East Fife are because they played a game against Rangers in 2013 on league duty at Ibrox Stadium infront of 42,870 people.

Let the captain do whatever the fuck he wants.

What a load of steaming bull sh!te.

What a load of bull.

The enjoy releation was probably a bit low, a dont want that only because ot stonie! But can you blame me, all i did was come on and defend a good mate of mine & all i get is abuse, whose the immature ones now?? whats being said about him is a joke. Wouldnt be this reaction if he supported anyone bar rangers!!

Got to hand it to Craig Johnstone,great captain,taking pelters over this and taking the heat off the rest of the team for a hammering.Seriously,I don't know Craig but I hope he has the sense to ignore this trivial rubbish.

My only concern here is why was Stonie on the bus?

I hope it was just a case of him needing home early and making a poor choice.
Whoever at the club gave the ok is also needing a wee word in their ear

What I'm concerned about is that there's been a bust up and he's chosen not to travel with the team.

If it is the first instance, let him make a short apology in the Forfar match program. I'm sure he wont make the same misjudgment again

It was so he could get a bevvy wi his pals and family before going home... no big deal is it ?

He has to have a life outside of east fife, but just thought he would have choosen a better path than the one he is on.

Typical attitude from rangers fans on here though ..."look what we do for you smaller teams" .."Scottish football be fucked without us" away and beat it to your Scandinavian league cause you lot are the main reason the game in this country suffers.

Rangers have wasted more Scottish players than they develop

If u wanna bitch and moan cause stoney was going out for a night out with pals and family from the bus actually find out how many players were on the bus leaving ibrox

"These lads that play for East Fife, when they're kids growing up they don't dream of playing for East Fife. They dream of playing for teams like Rangers, Celtic, Manchester United, Manchester City, Barcelona, Real Madrid. They also grow up supporting teams like that."

Not True when I was growing up my ambitions were East Fife and Scotland. Never yearned for these other wannabes. Mind you talking about when the Fife was winning cups and regularily near top of 1st div and feared by all.

Aye I remember it well.

Lee Thomson
martin black

I have a great respect for stonny but your mate got the diplomacy bit wrong on Saturday. I suppose he could've gone home on the East Fife bus then joined you in the pub later but in the cold light of day, this is a storm in a teacup.

Let's hope we never play Hearts in the Cup!!!

DaMan0

[/quote

Mountain being made out of a molehill.

A think this whole topic is going a bit over the top. Is it gonna get brought back up again if in October if he goes to McPhails for a pint wi his mates after the game? He gives his all for the club on the park n does alot of stuff of the park for them which is what fans want! If people don't like his performance tht is fair enough, everybodys views are different but a think at this moment in time the teams performance on the park n lack of results is more worrying then a bus trip wi few friends and family!

DPH

I have never put anything on this forum before and totally respect the fans right to say what they want and having a place to do it. I have talked with GOF and he is a great EF supporter and totally respect AFTN.

For the above to call me and Stoney bigots and glory hunters is really below the belt. Does this guy support the club. Has he ever watched Stoney play? This guy has worked his backside of for EF and for very little in return mostly due to his amateur background. To question this guys attitude, contribution and commitment to the club is incredible. I cannot defend Craig's decision to go on the RSC bus back from the game on Saturday and that will be brought up tomorrow at training as the manager and myself have spoken about it today once we found out. Craig like me were brought up as Rangers fans I have never hidden that and never will but that does not stop me working almost non stop for EF and giving the club massive commitment since I became involved. Nobody wanted to win at Ibrox more than Stoney and myself and that is down purely to being winners and I am sure that normal EF fans would want more Stoneys in the squad. This bigot stuff really is shocking you obviously don't know me or Craig at all. Some of my best friends are Celtic supporters and I have been best man to 2 Celtic fans. What you must understand is that these guys who play for EF are professionals very rarely do you get players playing for clubs they supported as kids. As I have said I totally respect all fans right to vent and give their opinion on AFTN but I will not sit back and accept this kind abuse about me and our captain and the guy that won 3 player of the year awards and who suddenly is not worthy of being the captain. Yes it was an error of judgement but that is it end of nothing else.

I really hope all EF fans would support the club with as much vigour as they do on this forum.

Lee

Well said Lee the guy is there to do a job and gives nothing less than 100% every time he pulls on the black and gold but surely when that full time whistle goes his shift is over and it is then up to the man himself where he wants to go and what he wants to do how would any of you feel if someone was criticising you for going out after your work for a drink with your mates seriously the guy turned up for work and done his job i dont see what the problem is personally i dont think it was a error of judgement surely he is entitled to do what he wants after his work just like any other working class person

This is cringeworthy stuff. What an embarrasment some of our so called supporters are. Let the manager deal with Stoney, it's his job afterall, some of the stuff spouted on here is disgusting. We have been crying out for years for a localguy to come in and run the club and look how he is treated. So what if guys support one half of the ugly sisters that is their choice and you can't change who you support but calling people bigots is just stupid and pathetic.

The club is moving in the right direction for once so get behind the guys and team or stay away and off the internet.

Thread shouldn't of been started its so pety, maybe if he arrived on the supporters bus you'd have a point but going home on the bus what does that really matter? Pathetic

For those of you can't see a problem with our captain's decision to take the Rangers bus home, try reading Lee Murray's comment again and you will see that both the chairman and the manager are unhappy with Craig's decision. There is a reason why they are unhappy. The captain represents East Fife at all times, as do Lee and Willie Aitchison, and he has responsibility that the other players do not have.
Captains set examples for others to follow. Going home on a Rangers bus was not a good example to his team-mates or to our younger players. If he wants to be captain, he has to think about putting East Fife's interests first on a matchday, ahead of having a drink with his pals (if that is what he did). It is not as if the pubs were about to shut, there was all night to socialise when the team bus got back to Fife and they all went their separate ways.

Putting the bigot part of this thread aside as it just silly and unworthy the fact that our captain went home on the Rangers supporters bus is still so wrong.Stonie was representing our team and to say his responsibility to the club ends at the final whistle is ludicrous. Dont know what Stonie was wearing I would imagine it was still the clubs trackie .Having said that Lee has said he will speak to him and that should be an end to it.In my opinion it was a lack of judgement on Stonies part and no harm has been done.

Lee

I appreciate you coming on here and making comment. Just another part of the openness we have at the club right now that we didn't have before.

I truly hope you don't feel that people were calling you or Stonie a bigot. I didn't take that from any of the comments, otherwise they would have been removed.

And I don't think anyone can doubt your commitment to the club and what the new regime have done so far.

Likewise, as I said earlier about Stonie, for his questionable decision re the bus you cannot doubt his commitment to the club on the pitch or in the community work he does off it.

We should probably all remember that not all Old Firm fans are bigots and not all bigots are Old Firm fans.

Will leave this thread open for now but if it starts to feel that it's run it's course then we'll close it to save it just going over the same old ground.

Lee's said the club will deal with it and that should be good enough for all of us.

This is cringeworthy stuff. What an embarrasment some of our so called supporters are. Let the manager deal with Stoney, it's his job afterall, some of the stuff spouted on here is disgusting. We have been crying out for years for a localguy to come in and run the club and look how he is treated. So what if guys support one half of the ugly sisters that is their choice and you can't change who you support but calling people bigots is just stupid and pathetic.

The club is moving in the right direction for once so get behind the guys and team or stay away and off the internet.

GoF
Lee

I appreciate you coming on here and making comment. Just another part of the openness we have at the club right now that we didn't have before.

I truly hope you don't feel that people were calling you or Stonie a bigot. I didn't take that from any of the comments, otherwise they would have been removed.

And I don't think anyone can doubt your commitment to the club and what the new regime have done so far.

Likewise, as I said earlier about Stonie, for his questionable decision re the bus you cannot doubt his commitment to the club on the pitch or in the community work he does off it.

We should probably all remember that not all Old Firm fans are bigots and not all bigots are Old Firm fans.

Will leave this thread open for now but if it starts to feel that it's run it's course then we'll close it to save it just going over the same old ground.

Lee's said the club will deal with it and that should be good enough for all of us.

GOF, see DPH's comment (above); it is probably tantamount to libel and should be removed. DPH (who ever you are), you are out of order.

Lee Murray
DPH

I have never put anything on this forum before and totally respect the fans right to say what they want and having a place to do it. I have talked with GOF and he is a great EF supporter and totally respect AFTN.

For the above to call me and Stoney bigots and glory hunters is really below the belt. Does this guy support the club. Has he ever watched Stoney play? This guy has worked his backside of for EF and for very little in return mostly due to his amateur background. To question this guys attitude, contribution and commitment to the club is incredible. I cannot defend Craig's decision to go on the RSC bus back from the game on Saturday and that will be brought up tomorrow at training as the manager and myself have spoken about it today once we found out. Craig like me were brought up as Rangers fans I have never hidden that and never will but that does not stop me working almost non stop for EF and giving the club massive commitment since I became involved. Nobody wanted to win at Ibrox more than Stoney and myself and that is down purely to being winners and I am sure that normal EF fans would want more Stoneys in the squad. This bigot stuff really is shocking you obviously don't know me or Craig at all. Some of my best friends are Celtic supporters and I have been best man to 2 Celtic fans. What you must understand is that these guys who play for EF are professionals very rarely do you get players playing for clubs they supported as kids. As I have said I totally respect all fans right to vent and give their opinion on AFTN but I will not sit back and accept this kind abuse about me and our captain and the guy that won 3 player of the year awards and who suddenly is not worthy of being the captain. Yes it was an error of judgement but that is it end of nothing else.

I really hope all EF fans would support the club with as much vigour as they do on this forum.

Lee

Ah. I read that first time around but for whatever reason never really took in the bigot comment.

DPH is a long time, regular poster. Apart from the last sentence (which was done at least partly in jest I took it from the smilie) the rest of the post was fine.

But since I can't just edit out lines in post, I'll be true to my word though and delete that!

Just out of interest, do all players return to Bayview on their way back from games?
I'd have thought it would have made sense for the guys from the Glasgow area, and other parts of Scotland, just to go straight back to their homes from Ibrox.
My point really is, maybe Stoney just saw the RSC bus as a route home, maybe allowing him to have a beer with his pals etc.
If ALL players were returning to Bayview, though, following the game on the team bus that could be slightly different...

Regardless, I really don't see how it's such a big deal.

Lee Murray
DPH

Lee

ha, that's you lot put straight! I did think about deleting this Kathy but no rules were broken. In fact, I really wanted it gone due to sh1te spelling and abuse to the written English language!

Quieta non movere, Kerrian - as The Burger Boys say.

Lee Murray
DPH

Lee
The gloryhunting bigots was tongue in cheek, I call all my Rangers chums that as I don't see no other reason why anyone outside Glasgow would support either of the OF! Sorry for offending you. Good luck and all the very best Lee.

Let me start by saying, there was no drinking on the supporters bus, which is very well run

Maybe it was a mistake by stoney to come home on our bus, the boy was still excited after captaining his team against the team he supported as a boy, his mates were on the bus, so he wanted to speak to them, big deal
Are you going to question Billy McPhee who was on the bus, or Wullie Johnstone who also got a lift home on it, who both spoke to your captain, and praised his effort

Think this should end now, for the boys sake

Lee Murray
DPH

Lee

Well said Lee,I would not even mention it to stoney,this whole thread is a joke it is always the same,someone goes in a huff over nothing.

I don't think this should end now. I have already said that Craig's wasn't the best decision but Billy is a Bayview legend,what possible reason could he have for being on a Ranger's bus ? Same with Wullie Johnstone who is from Kirkcaldy - why would he be on a Ranger's bus ?

Cause they are both friends of the bus, that's why

What has it got to do with you, who goes on the bus, was trying to make the point, there were ex players on the said bus, who have played for you, and that was not the first timeor the last they will be on it

Not The Other Chairman
I don't think this should end now. I have already said that Craig's wasn't the best decision but Billy is a Bayview legend,what possible reason could he have for being on a Ranger's bus ? Same with Wullie Johnstone who is from Kirkcaldy - why would he be on a Ranger's bus ?

Harsh. You shud be ashamed of yourself!

Scott
Cause they are both friends of the bus, that's why

What has it got to do with you, who goes on the bus, was trying to make the point, there were ex players on the said bus, who have played for you, and that was not the first timeor the last they will be on it
Difference is they are not our club captain.

No one is saying they are bud, but think its a bit over the top, the stick he is getting

The bus that he was on, has done loads to help with various sponsorship for your club. There are maybe up to 12 members of that bus who go to watch him play, when Rangers are not, he was just wanting to see some of his friends, in his team track suit, not like some of the tales that he to wear a Rangers strip to get on, think it has gone to far now, but that's only my opinion

jeek
Not The Other Chairman

NTOC has a point. Once a player has played for East Fife (no matter how long ago), he must never travel on any other bus but the team bus - even if he want's to go shopping in Edinburgh and we are playing up at Brechin.

That's cleared up the nonsense and every one knows where they stand - probably at a bus stop.

GoF

GoF you have always defended free speech on this forum within reason, but now you are talking about closing a thread to save it going over old ground. But this is within two days of the first post, and it is the main subject of debate this week for East Fife supporters. Why would you close it down? As you say, there is no real bigotry accusation here. It looks like you are trying to please one person here. It loooks very much like you have been influenced by your contact with him and lost your objectivity. Take a step back and think about it. Even the chairman thinks Craig was wrong. That is the talking point of the week. By all means delete individual posts if they go too far, but please do not censor passionate comment. Craig made a mistake and that will not be easily forgotten, despite the desire to put it in the
past.

Good post fella.

C'est what?
jeek
Not The Other Chairman

NTOC has a point. Once a player has played for East Fife (no matter how long ago), he must never travel on any other bus but the team bus - even if he want's to go shopping in Edinburgh and we are playing up at Brechin.

That's cleared up the nonsense and every one knows where they stand - probably at a bus stop.

I think we have only scratched the surface of this scandal. A spokesman from Stagecoach said last night the driver of the Rangers bus once attended an East Fife match and did not declare this when he was allocated the Ibrox run.
After discussions with the EFFC board Stagecoach have sentenced him to 10 years the Kennoway circular.
There needs to be much tougher screening of bus passengers in Scotland.

Not The Other Chairman
C'est what?
jeek
Not The Other Chairman

I think we have only scratched the surface of this scandal. A spokesman from Stagecoach said last night the driver of the Rangers bus once attended an East Fife match and did not declare this when he was allocated the Ibrox run.
After discussions with the EFFC board Stagecoach have sentenced him to 10 years the Kennoway circular.

Ah! NTOC I am afraid both your posts have fallen on stoney ground. Your ironic, deadpan and somewhat amusing posts need a wider audience I feel.

Had a couple of bites with the first one. Second one was just to pass time.

Same old same old from NTOC,trivialise what is a serious subject.This is our club captain we are talking about,a captain that has travelled home on the oppositions supporters bus wearing our official gear and still representing East Fife no matter what his pals on that bus says.In my opinion Stonie should come out with an apology stating it was an error of judgement then we should all move on.

I can't believe that the usual crap about freedom of speech is churned out on this site. Ironic that this freedom is promoted and hidden in anonymity. Yet these gutless wonders can criticise a persons freedom to do what they want. I am more concerned with what a person does on a football field for east fife rather than their travel arrangements. I am also convinced that the majority of fans with real names would share that view. Perhaps a poll using real names would suffice oops forgot that freedom of speech on here doesn't promote that.

I RONNIE
Same old same old from NTOC,trivialise what is a serious subject.This is our club captain we are talking about,a captain that has travelled home on the oppositions supporters bus wearing our official gear and still representing East Fife no matter what his pals on that bus says.In my opinion Stonie should come out with an apology stating it was an error of judgement then we should all move on.

Going over old ground here but I notice that despite the scandals and mismanagement which have plagued EF for years this is the first time you have been angry enough to protest. Presumably you were happy with Derrick Brown,Samantha Twigg,Sid Collumbine,Billy Brown? If Craig's minor error in judgement is the worst scandal to hit EF in the next couple of seasons I will be delighted.
I trivialised what to me was a relatively trivial event.

Not The Other Chairman
I RONNIE

Going over old ground here but I notice that despite the scandals and mismanagement which have plagued EF for years this is the first time you have been angry enough to protest. Presumably you were happy with Derrick Brown,Samantha Twigg,Sid Collumbine,Billy Brown? If Craig's minor error in judgement is the worst scandal to hit EF in the next couple of seasons I will be delighted.
I trivialised what to me was a relatively trivial event.
NTOC I was on the mound protesting ,was very vocal about the BB situation (under a different name but I am now sticking with this one) .What Stonie did is not trivial at least not in my eyes,he is our club captain for christ sake.For all his faults I bet Steve Hislop would never have done anything like this but if he had I bet he would have been hung ,drawn and quartered for it.I am a big supporter of Stonie but this is so wrong and he needs to realise it but what chance is there of that when the Chairman of our trust comes on a Social Network site and spouts crap and unfunny jokes about it.

What I find funny, is how it is possible to support a football club on the other side of the country, when you are born and bred a couple of miles from another senior football club. I just cannot fathom that out one bit! It doesn't happen in England anywhere near the scale of it in Scotland. Down there, they support their local clubs far more than we do in Scotland and we wonder why our game is going downhill so fast.

There are around ten outraged posters on this thread and the majority of these have never had much of an opinion previously about EFFC so while a few have an opinion to be considered there is hardly wave of protest.
I RONNIE (assume you are the same person as II RONNIE)and NTOC will have to agree to disagree and I hope there is not another crisis which causes you change your name yet again.

NTOC needs to put his fishing rod down - it really is too easy for him to wind up some of the hard of thinking on here.

Trivial issue as he states, apparently there was only 3 players who actually travelled back on the bus, maybe Stoney just fancied some company on the trip back to Fife.

Not The Other Chairman
C'est what?
jeek
Not The Other Chairman

This is now officially 'BUSGATE' - and we are being investigated by The Two Ronnies!

I RONNIE

There is, of course, the old humanist angle here - it's only a game and mixing with other fans is a way of promoting friendship.

Not The Other Chairman
C'est what?
jeek
Not The Other Chairman

I just found out that the said NTOC also tried to get on that bus, but was knocked back because they wouldn't accept his bus pass as payment!

Reality
Not The Other Chairman
C'est what?
jeek
Not The Other Chairman

I just found out that the said NTOC also tried to get on that bus, but was knocked back because they wouldn't accept his bus pass as payment!

All together now:

Oh yeh cannie shove Stonny af a bus (af a bus)
Oh yeh cannie shove Stonny af a bus (af a bus)

IN MY OPINION HE SHOULD BE SHOWN THE DOOR,AND ALSO BAD MANAGEMENT FROM THE BOARD A TOTAL DISGRACE.

Aw no a fell for it. Clever ntoc. Never even seen the rod.

Honest.

There are around ten outraged posters on this thread and the majority of these have never had much of an opinion previously about EFFC so while a few have an opinion to be considered there is hardly wave of protest.
I RONNIE (assume you are the same person as II RONNIE)and NTOC will have to agree to disagree and I hope there is not another crisis which causes you change your name yet again.

jeek

Aw no a realy thinked a would get yoo.

Reality, that is an outrageous example of ageism which should have been deleted by one of the totally incompetent moderators who are probably too busy wetting their pants as to whether "Ranger's bus" is libelous or not.
I have written to their boss - The Moderator of the Church of Scotland - using one of my many different and clever nommes de plume (TONC) and demanding to know why you have not been banned.

Not The Other Chairman
jeek

Aw no a realy thinked a would get yoo.

Yool nivir git Mrs tnoc. Yir miles away.

"Reality
Sep 4, 2013 - 10:46AMQuoteReply Re: stonny, rangers game
What I find funny, is how it is possible to support a football club on the other side of the country, when you are born and bred a couple of miles from another senior football club. I just cannot fathom that out one bit! It doesn't happen in England anywhere near the scale of it in Scotland. Down there, they support their local clubs far more than we do in Scotland and we wonder why our game is going downhill so fast."

it doesn't happen in England, lol
who is the largest supported team in the world?
and they all stay in Manchester !!!!!!!!!!

as a youngster you tend to support the bigger teams, teams who are winning
hence most Scottish kids support rangers or celtic although nowadays
even they aren't big enough most kids support man united,city, chelsea or arsenal, barcelona or real madrid, just check out the strips kids wear these days and this team tends to stick with you all your days.

Also back in the 60's and 70's fife had an influx of west coasters so
they brought their kids up supporting the teams their dads supported.

You find it funny to support a team from another area, weird
So in your thinking you should only play for the team from the town you were
born in, how do we do that.

the game in scotland is going down fast because of small-mindedness,
i.e. how dare one of our better players enjoy himself with friends & family
and celebrate probably one of the best days in his life, get a grip.

Can we please stop calling Stonie one of our better players please!!

I think we should draw a line under this. I think he's made a mistake and it's being dealt with by the club. End of. One thing about our captain is that he definitely gives every ounce of ability and effort into his game and is at least vocal on the pitch. He's obviously a big Rangers fan and that's fine by me, most of our team will probably support the big 2 (PSG and Monaco) but as long as they give their all for us then that's fine.
Big game against Forfar next week so let's focus on that!

charlierwb
"Reality
What I find funny, is how it is possible to support a football club on the other side of the country, when you are born and bred a couple of miles from another senior football club. I just cannot fathom that out one bit! It doesn't happen in England anywhere near the scale of it in Scotland. Down there, they support their local clubs far more than we do in Scotland and we wonder why our game is going downhill so fast."

it doesn't happen in England, lol
who is the largest supported team in the world?
and they all stay in Manchester !!!!!!!!!!

as a youngster you tend to support the bigger teams, teams who are winning
hence most Scottish kids support rangers or celtic although nowadays
even they aren't big enough most kids support man united,city, chelsea or arsenal, barcelona or real madrid, just check out the strips kids wear these days and this team tends to stick with you all your days.

Also back in the 60's and 70's fife had an influx of west coasters so
they brought their kids up supporting the teams their dads supported.

You find it funny to support a team from another area, weird
So in your thinking you should only play for the team from the town you were
born in, how do we do that.

the game in scotland is going down fast because of small-mindedness,
i.e. how dare one of our better players enjoy himself with friends & family
and celebrate probably one of the best days in his life, get a grip.

What influx are you talking about mate, because I don't remember any big influx to Methil or Leven? I don't blame Stoney for being a supporter of Rangers, that was probably his Dad's fault. If his old man came from the West, then fair enough, I'd do the same and guide my son to support East Fife, if I had moved to the West.

I agree that a line should be drawn under the bus affair, it was a mistake, but Stoney's commitment is definitely not in question. His effort & tackles last Saturday proved that beyond doubt. He may support Rangers, but he supports himself and the team he plays for first! It's all about personal pride when playing football and all players want to play better than anybody else on the park.

The fact is, there is a senior club in our area that maybe some will moan about not being involved enough in the community, but one thing is for certain - they are far more involved than any other senior football team. Where do Rangers or Celtic provide facilities for kids around here? So, sorry mate, it is still a mystery why kids are not encouraged by their local, born & bred parents, to support their local team if they are into football.

I am not saying that you should only play for the team where you come from, don't be daft. Any player wants to play at the highest level they can and supporting a team doesn't come into it one bit.

Just look at the crowds throughout English football and try to argue after doing that. By the way, how many of the so-called supporters of the most 'supported' team in the world actually 'support' that team in person, at games? The vast majority of them are wee girls in the far east who wouldn't know the difference between a football and a rugby ball. That says it all about 'supporting' a team from elsewhere!

Let's be honest. how vulgar is it to see kids and adults going about here in Rangers or Celtic tops eh, they don't even look good? I would put money on, that those putting a case on here for 'supporting' the old firm, are supporters of them themselves.

Not The Other Chairman
Reality, that is an outrageous example of ageism which should have been deleted by one of the totally incompetent moderators who are probably too busy wetting their pants as to whether "Ranger's bus" is libelous or not.
I have written to their boss - The Moderator of the Church of Scotland - using one of my many different and clever nommes de plume (TONC) and demanding to know why you have not been banned.

TONC, I don't believe that inanimate objects fall within the tort of defamation of the person.

Not The Other Chairman

Reality
charlierwb
"Reality
I don't blame Stoney for being a supporter of Rangers, that was probably his Dad's fault. If his old man came from the West, then fair enough, I'd do the same and guide my son to support East Fife, if I had moved to the West.

I did exactly that and I'm proud to say he is as big as if not more than an East Fife fan than myself . What used to annoyed me was family from Methil saying I can't believe you travel through to watch East Fife but nothing was said to others who went in the opposite direction to see our friends in the west.

Ooooohh the rage,did you kick your Poodle after posting that.

* In reply to Fife Football supporter's first post.