Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
People complaining.

I really cannot fathom how so many people are complaining about players such as Stonny, or our Chairman being Rangers Supporters.

Rangers have been around for 141 years, they've been in the Scottish Premier League for most of that time, are officially the world record holders in terms of league titles, have been in the Champions & Europa League, reached the Europa league final.

East Fife on the other hand? We've never been near the Champions League or Europa League, we've never hit the heights like that.

Surely people understand that some of our players are going to be supporters of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs etc?

Every team Rangers came up against last season in SFL3, there was a minimum of about 4 players who's boyhood clubs were Rangers, a few others were Celtic fans etc. It's going to happen this season too. And for us it has already happened.

Rangers are just here for one season, stop complaining - Our bank balance is going to be alot bigger because of them.

Re: People complaining.

ffs it's STONIE !!!!

FifersRus

East Fife on the other hand? We've never been near the Champions League or Europa League, we've never hit the heights like that.

We would have hit those heights if there had been European competition in 40s and early 50s!

GoF
FifersRus

We would have hit those heights if there had been European competition in 40s and early 50s!

Gof with respect mate wtf are you trying to say or argue l have not got a clue

Our Cup wins would have got us European competition if such a thing had existed. Then we would have had more money, wider exposure and who knows where we would be now.

We could be a Dundee or a Dunfermline or we could have been a top flight staple and kept hold of our players back in the day.

That's all!

Gof mate that's total fantasy it did not work like that. Fact is we need to think about what we can do not what we
Cam we win a cup yes.we can

True the subject name of this post tells you all. Complain after complain since....come on fife fans let's get some positive about the club. We have forfar at home next game, let's get some positive topics started.

Mon the fife!

GoF
Our Cup wins would have got us European competition if such a thing had existed. Then we would have had more money, wider exposure and who knows where we would be now.

We could be a Dundee or a Dunfermline or we could have been a top flight staple and kept hold of our players back in the day.

That's all!

We were certainly good enough in the late 40's and early 50's to make an impact in Europe if the possibility had been there. Unfortunately the financial advantage would have been minimal as the board of directors at the time managed to fritter away the financial takings from a 13,000 average home crowd in 1948-49 to one of 7,000 or so nine years later with such abandon that the club's supporters had to place collection tins in every pub and club in Leven and Methil just to keep East Fife afloat.
We very nearly went the way of Rangers/ Gretna/ Third Lanark and Airdrieonians back in 1959!

FifersRus
I really cannot fathom how so many people are complaining about players such as Stonny, or our Chairman being Rangers Supporters.

Rangers have been around for 141 years, they've been in the Scottish Premier League for most of that time, are officially the world record holders in terms of league titles, have been in the Champions & Europa League, reached the Europa league final.

Surely people understand that some of our players are going to be supporters of Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs etc?

Every team Rangers came up against last season in SFL3, there was a minimum of about 4 players who's boyhood clubs were Rangers, a few others were Celtic fans etc. It's going to happen this season too. And for us it has already happened.

Rangers are just here for one season, stop complaining - Our bank balance is going to be alot bigger because of them.

All what you say is irrelevant. The Rangers have been around for 1 year not 141.

Our club captain should still be coming back with his team on the official team bus not with a load of his mates who for some reason support a team from another city and are a rival club FFS. That said I'm right behind Lee Murray and all he is doing for the club and I don't care he was a Rangers supporter.

Craig Jonhstone on the other hand should have shown much better judgement.

I agree you don't see people moaning at lee murray talking the ef official bus home like the other directors and other players as he signed my programme on the way out of ibrox main door, who cares what team they support they are at east fife and to do a job within the club ie being a backroom staff member or footballer for the club.

Maybe our club Capitan was in that bus on a recruitment drive and trying to sell the club to Fifers who travel to Glasgow every second week.This may even answer the question of why he was allowed to go on the bus by a high ranking official at East Fife.I can just see Stonie at the back of the bus teaching the peepel the words to Mary from Methilhill,after all Lee has said he wants to take the club out into the community.

I RONNIE
Maybe our club Capitan was in that bus on a recruitment drive and trying to sell the club to Fifers who travel to Glasgow every second week.This may even answer the question of why he was allowed to go on the bus by a high ranking official at East Fife.I can just see Stonie at the back of the bus teaching the peepel the words to Mary from Methilhill,after all Lee has said he wants to take the club out into the community.

Fantasy and wishful thinking.

He was on that bus to talk about Rangers with his pals. Simple the high ranking official that allowed him? Rangers fan and chairman of East Fife, Murray.

Can't believe how pathetic a pety some people are being, sound like a bunch of kids but are more than Likely sad middle aged men with nothing better today than post negative comments on aftn! This is certainly the last time I use it.

Ef
Can't believe how pathetic a pety some people are being, sound like a bunch of kids but are more than Likely sad middle aged men with nothing better today than post negative comments on aftn! This is certainly the last time I use it.

Good. I don't know why you are having a go at middle aged men, when you haven't a clue who is posting what. Assuming and generalising about any group of people shows total ignorance on your part.

FifersRus

I stopped reading after this part.

They're SEVCO. Rangers are dead. Sevco chose not to pay the debt therefor do not have a history.