Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Positive thought for the day

Whoever decided we should wear the black and gold at Ibrox should be applauded, because the team looked magnificent in our first-choice shirts.
Credit should also go to those who gave us a proper strip at last this season.
Thank you for giving us back some of the pride that has been missing in recent seasons.

Re: Positive thought for the day

Plaudits must go to the old regime for the choice of the current strip so credit where credit is due. Personally I would love to see the shirt being worn together with white shorts and black stockings but Rome was not built in a day.

Kings of Fife
Plaudits must go to the old regime for the choice of the current strip so credit where credit is due. Personally I would love to see the shirt being worn together with white shorts and black stockings but Rome was not built in a day.

In the absence of white shorts I thought the white socks looked good.

I don't know why the board does not comply with the fans' wishes and play in white shorts, I really don't.

White shorts were not possible on Saturday since rangers were wearing white shorts.

Sacrilege to say this I know, but I always prefer black short. Just looks much meaner!

Not sure how many threads we have on shorts and a new crest on here over the years!

I was great seeing the team play in black and gold stripes on Saturday though. Really love the new kit.

It was interesting that when the players were warming up before the game on Saturday they were wearing black socks but ended up wearing white ones because, I suppose, Rangers also had black socks & the ref told them to change. Fair enough but although there is a rule that states that teams should not wear clashing shorts or socks, have you ever seen Celtic or Rangers wear anything other than white shorts in derby games? I know its been a while & possibly could be even longer before it happens again but I'm willing to bet that they both wear white shorts the next time they meet!
Sauce for the goose etc!

The old regime did not pick the strips. There was a clash of socks but only through the fault of The Rangers. They refused to change but provided white socks. All mind games. White shorts and socks are impractical, they are hard to keep clean and therefore don't always look fresh.

East Fife couldn't wear white shorts on Saturday; Rangers' home kit has white Shorts.
East Fife also had to play in white socks on Saturday; Rangers' home kit shorts and black and red at the knee.

Lesley, you need to try Daz may dear. It gives you the whitest whites.

Lesley
The old regime did not pick the strips. There was a clash of socks but only through the fault of The Rangers. They refused to change but provided white socks. All mind games. White shorts and socks are impractical, they are hard to keep clean and therefore don't always look fresh.

There was a post on the club's Facebook page with a preview of the following season's kit on January 15th 2013 featuring a black and gold shirt with a white collar.

Paul Raymond

Yes but how reliable is it on a cold wash 30 degree cycle?

C'est what?
Paul Raymond

Yes but how reliable is it on a cold wash 30 degree cycle?

and will Shane Ritchie arrive at Bayview to do a doorstep challenge?