Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Rangers at Bayview

Now that the trip to Ibrox is out of the way, and we can get back to the normality of third tier league football, I hope the board has given some thought to maximising revenue from the return fixture in Methil.

As is usual on such occasions the home end will be infiltrated by a fair number of fans supporting the visitors. My suggestion is that the club issue a voucher scheme for upcoming games to allow regular attenders at Bayview to have a better chance of their ticket for The Rangers match. Even if some of these have allegiance to the visitors, at least they will have paid a few extra quid into East Fife coffers for the privilige
If you have 3 vouchers from say 4 games you will be entitled to queue up first for your ticket.

There is plenty of time to organise.

Re: The Rangers at Bayview

Is the club still intending having barriers opposite the stand to accommodate the away fans?

Great idea Ritchie.

Another option, which is big over here, is to sell game packs. So maybe a 3 or a 5 game pack that includes and guarantees a ticket to the Rangers game. Maybe throw in some really cheap freebie with it.

It would be good to try and keep the main stand for Fife supports and have all the Rangers fans completely separate.

I was also wondering what the chances would be of East Fife selling live coverage of the game to overseas fans like Rangers did for the game at Ibrox. Could make a mint from that.

Be nice to hear my old mate Angus talking to me in my living room! Be just like old times.

Rangers fans seem to think that the game will be on their tv so it will be the same deal as Saturday I think

Curious
Is the club still intending having barriers opposite the stand to accommodate the away fans?

1000 Fife fans + 200 corporate at our end. 800 gers fans at remaining away end seats.

1500 gers fans around the other 3 sides (4 deep) with plenty portaloos and a few outside bars. Great day by all and a 2-1 win for the Fife. And a seat in the East Fife mini bus for the Gers Captain taking the East Fife west coast players home.

For the 1500 rangers fans around the pitch I hope it rains..... rains dog shite.

Noisy crossbar
For the 1500 rangers fans around the pitch I hope it rains..... rains dog shite.

lol.
runny dog shite

Ritchie
Now that the trip to Ibrox is out of the way, and we can get back to the normality of third tier league football, I hope the board has given some thought to maximising revenue from the return fixture in Methil.

As is usual on such occasions the home end will be infiltrated by a fair number of fans supporting the visitors. My suggestion is that the club issue a voucher scheme for upcoming games to allow regular attenders at Bayview to have a better chance of their ticket for The Rangers match. Even if some of these have allegiance to the visitors, at least they will have paid a few extra quid into East Fife coffers for the privilige
If you have 3 vouchers from say 4 games you will be entitled to queue up first for your ticket.

There is plenty of time to organise.[/quote

I WORK 3 Saturday's out of 4 now , supported the fife for 30 years , my day off, falls on the day we play Rangers , so i can't go with this scheme ?

Frustrated
Rangers fans seem to think that the game will be on their tv so it will be the same deal as Saturday I think

Would EF have received a cut of the revenues?

mr305

I WORK 3 Saturday's out of 4 now , supported the fife for 30 years , my day off, falls on the day we play Rangers , so i can't go with this scheme ?

As a long standing supporter I'm sure you could unofficially 'reserve' a ticket through someone you know at the club, through the trust or through the SC.

Ritchie's idea is more suited to dealing with the amount of locals that suddenly want to attend a game on this date, if they do then let them come to 4 or 5 other games first. Makes sense to me.

mr305
Ritchie

There is plenty of time to organise.[/quote

Build proper concrete terracing so we can increase capacity on a permanent basis would do the trick. As a club that now has some serious ambition we are going to have to do this anyway so let's get on to it now!