Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today..

Was fucking dreadful, and that's putting it lightly.

Did we even come out after half time? We had to rely on a howler from their goalkeeper to even have a chance of scoring.

Questions need to be asked about Aitchison. Tactics were awful. 7 defenders? unbelievable.

Sorry for the negativity, but im sick of us being constantly fucking shite.

Re: Today..

That was as bad today as the shite we had to watch last season,team selection a mystery,our best forward wasted in the middle of the park!!!!!

Honeymoon period is now over. That was a shocking set up today by the manager. When I first saw the line up it looked like a 4-3-3 but putting Buchannan in midfield in a 4-4-2 is simply baffling. It didn't work for us. What did Ross Brown do to get dropped? He has arguably been our best midfielder this season. We have some quality in the squad and a group of lads on full time contracts. Today was not good enough.

That was as bad a performance as I have seen in a long time. Forfar weren`t that great but they wanted it so much more than us.

We looked a shambles out there and to come up against a team who are below us and are missing a few players and have 1 shot on goal is a disgrace.

The crowd today was nearly 800 and well up on the same fixture last season but people will start to stay away if the team continue to play as poorly as that.

Terrible! Absolute shambles today! Early days but hard to stay positive after that! Can't blame supporters for having a go at manager, his tactics will see us relegated if given the chance!

What bout thom . Never known parent of a player to be called . Hope all is okay

He was doing a good job too. what about giving Cedric some lessons in passing and keeping his head up

The most frustrating thing about watching that today is we played Forfar 6 weeks ago and the management have not learned anything. It was like watching a carbon copy of the game at station park. We gave Forfar all the time and space in the middle of the park they wanted. I cant remember us winning one tackle in the midfield in 90 minutes. Forfar will not believe that we have allowed them the same space to play there passing game in. In all my years of watching football I have never seen a team have such poor ball retention as what we had today, every time we won possession we gave the ball back straight away. We were a poor 2nd all game and made Forfar look like world beaters. Only stonie wanting to do the ugly side of the game chasing and letting players know they are in a game. The central midfield pair were out played and out muscled from start to finish. Now I am not shouting for sacking anyone but surely you must learn from past mistakes. Formation and shape totally wrong today why play your biggest goal threat in central midfield. Fash, stonie and neilson did ok the rest cant complain if they don't get a shirt next week. Talking of next week a 6 pointer already, I for one wont be running to the bookies to bet east fife, if we play like that a certain home win is on the cards. I don't know why the manager wont give McBride a chance as he cant be any worse than what ive seen today. Fans are backing the board turning up in numbers lets not loose the faith, but lets not keep making the same mistakes week in week out, or we will loose the faith. One more thing is the team that wanted that most today got what they deserved victory, I hate seeing my team out fought.

Sounds like my 20/1 on you hams to be bottom is looking like a good investment.

Great to hear you all arguing amongst yourselves. After your honeymoon period over the summer reality strikes.

agree performance was atrocious. Midfield has not been functioning all season. nobody creative enough. no good chances being made. Giving manager credit for trying to solve midfield problem but yesterday didn't work out. Buchanan, a good forward, wasted where he was. Neilson, not sure he is better than Durie!! Durie, prefer him at full-back. Disappointed with Dutot, maybe midfield is not for him. Agree with comment as to wondering why Ross Brown was dropped!! Stevie Campbell might help stop shipping awful goals. Gary Thom has been pretty consistent and good in the air. We might have to give actual midfielders ie Willis and McBride a run, can't be any worse. These are simply my opinions for discussion, not wanting to put the boot into anybody But bottom line is let's get behind all at East Fife and give encouragement.

Well said Newby. As usual some of our posters negativity is legendary.

And how come Andrews wasn't in goal? Paterson mucked up big time.

Brown has been our best player but was dropped.

We had no midfield. Our top goalscorer Buchanan was played there?? Crazy

Anyone else thinking Drinkell probably couldn't agree with some of our manager's strange decisions and that's why he walked???

perplexed

Anyone else thinking Drinkell probably couldn't agree with some of our manager's strange decisions and that's why he walked???

Before yesterdays game i thought Forfar,stranraer and Airdrie games,who were all below us in league, would determine our season. I was hoping for 7 to 9pts to push on up the league. i feared any less than 6pts then it would be another long season ahead. On the displays this season i have not seen any change from last season and its worrying already into the season. Stranraer manager stated after defeat yesterday, "its early but i feel we are in a fight now" Sadly i think we are in the same fight!!PS:i hope we can still get the 6pts from Stranraer and Airdrie next 2 weeks,We live in hope!

perplexed

Both keepers have dropped a few clangers already this season, but the gaffer will stick by them cos they have loads of experience. Aye okay drops Broon arguably the best player this season so far why cos he's inexperienced too.

Willie speak to your coaches they will tell you who's doing well etc try them in a reserve game you might even be surprised, their are a few at the club not even getting looked at because they're young pish, if they prove good enough in the reserve try it you might be surprised. Can't do any worse than what going on the now, take the young keeper back from loan he is streets ahead o Paterson, fact. must be a reason an english championship club are looking at him after training with them in Portugal.

Not saying get all the lads in but there are others as good as Broon and it can't do any harm what's the worst that can happen lose. Well managing to do that anyway.

If we get beat on Saturday think the manger will get the sack

Think the board might follow him,as he is their choice.

Fucking fuck

You cunts are shite,who chooses the players to be offered full time contracts lomg may he or they reign cause they couldn't pick their nose.You are the shittiest team in Fife and the scum from the dark side are thanking you.Yer pish and long may it continue.heee haaaaw yer a fuckin donkey.

Cowdengelly, I`m a Cowdenbeath fan like yoursel` but you are making a comlpete tit of yourself on here.

My choice Jimmy I stand by what I say there are the Pits of Fife football and deserve everything that goes against them.