Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Atchison

Time to go son. You are worse than Brown!

A joke!

Re: Atchison

That's a bit harsh Jeek. Was very disappointing today but we are still early on.
However I do admit to being surprised by the tactics today. We played without a midfield!!!!

Idiot.

He's not a manager and never has been, tactics and team selection prove that. No need to compare him too Brown tho. Danny Lennon will be free agent soon, proven at this level.

Fred
Idiot.
I

Really Fred. Tell me why.

Results don't lie! Exact the same position as last year. All the hype and we're every bit as shite if not worse!

Must go!

very angry wont be back! Thanks board and the club...Lost a loyal supporter, didn't get signature in a book before going abroad next week because I was asked to leave the office area after the game.

Hendry Ireland! bye east fife!!

Your in your 20's and your still wanting autographs?

Can
Your in your 20's and your still wanting autographs?

and it wasn't for me, but it doesn't matter now...because ill save money now for no going back problem solved and a complaint to mr murray! don't care hes lost a fan or two.

What I would say is Willie has had a go. Dream come true for someone who probably hasn't got the credentials to manage at pro level. That said he has carried himself like a pro and a gentleman. He doesn't deserve abuse. He should step aside I would offer him a chance as youth coach if he wanted it. The squad today was full of talent and a more knowledgable and experienced manager would get slot more from them. Willie you need to go before people really start getting frustrated.

Drop the sympathy act, the club wont care about losing wierd supporters hendo...

The off the field work at the club has been outstanding the past couple of months, a real breath of fresh air and well done to the new regime for the positivity that now exists at the club. Long term this can only be good news.

However the bottom line at any football club is results. People want to see a winning team and fans have put up with poor results and crap performances for far too long. All the good will that has been build up over the summer will quickly dissipate if we keep getting beat on the pitch. At this stage I don't know if Willie Aitchsion will prove to be a good manager or not but the signs are not good at the moment. We have on paper a good crop of players, far better than last season, but if Willie can't get them winning games soon then we need someone with senior management experience to come in who can. There is probably a place for Willie in developing the youth side of things but managing the first team? The jury is still out.

Dubs
Drop the sympathy act, the club wont care about losing wierd supporters hendo...

Weird supporters? who are you calling weird least a care about the club but for someone who buys a club recently gets more sympathy than me and tells you to go outside pfft no be back! and ill be sticking to my amateur club I play for in Glasgow least there no full of Judases and traitors and stuck up people who tells me they know more than me, stick the club up your pipehole, goodbye. ENJOY BEING THE WEIRD ONE AT BAYVIEW, pfft!

Cambuslang Fifer
Dubs

Weird supporters? who are you calling weird least a care about the club but for someone who buys a club recently gets more sympathy than me and tells you to go outside pfft no be back! and ill be sticking to my amateur club I play for in Glasgow least there no full of Judases and traitors and stuck up people who tells me they know more than me, stick the club up your pipehole, goodbye. ENJOY BEING THE WEIRD ONE AT BAYVIEW, pfft!

Who told you to leave? Lee Murray?

Aye that's exactly who asked me to leave because of a comment that was said to Stoney in the office area

Cambuslang fifer calm son, you have been living in the west too long. You are getting far too stressed life is full of good and bad days. So you will never be back! Really come on I will apologise if you want. Sorry on behalf of the fife support please keep coming...

What happing Hendry it's Colin

BT
Cambuslang fifer calm son, you have been living in the west too long. You are getting far too stressed life is full of good and bad days. So you will never be back! Really come on I will apologise if you want. Sorry on behalf of the fife support please keep coming...

Thank you but I want a writing apoligies by Mr Murray himself if not then East Fife and me are finish and getting called a weird supporter pfft! eh I pay £14 for travelling by stagecoach then £13 or more quid to get in bayview plus taxis within leven to there to follow east fife every season and getting told today to stand outside bayview after the game, nut its a joke no wonder I move out the area to the west.
I feel right now chucking all my east fife stuff in the bin. I am so angry!

All I can say we got beat but that won't stop me from
Going to cheer on east fife at Stranraer and think this is a must win game

what happened in the office area Cambus?

Unless Mr Murray ejected you by kicking your arse then i suggest you get over it. He obviously felt the need to move people on for whatever reason.

No wonder you moved out the area? What's Lee Murray telling you to wait outside got to do with that?

The reception area is getting out of hand at the end of s game there are about 10-20 people hanging about, some are waiting on autographs and some are there to gaud players, some of the comments are unacceptable, also when the players are trying to get out of the door the have to try and get passed all these people, something had to be said just a pity it was Hendo, but the area needs to be kept free it's a health & safety issue when people are dodging past others to try and get out or in, especially the kids running about the place.

The way things are going you wont have to worry to much about getting people out.
I'd be more concerned about getting them in! Who's going to want to watch that every week?! Utter shambles.
As said above, decent crop of players but no tactical nous on how to play them.
Once again we have a board who continue to make poor management appointments and all the hard work and pre season hype counts for nothing.
Getting beyond a joke!

jeek
Time to go son. You are worse than Brown!

A joke!

Here we go again!! Ok, a poor start, granted but to start the "must go" stuff already is OTT. Willie will get it right, with Nielson and Naysmith on board the tactical advice is available if asked for.

A win at Stranraer next week and at home to Airdrie will change things around.
IT'S EAST FIFE REMEMBER. ALWAYS A BUMPY BUT NEVER BORING ROAD.

He will get it right? What you basing that on? He's never got it right so far in his long career. Then you go on to say others can give HIM advice if he needs it. Ha ha ha ha. He's supposed to know all about tactics, he's the fucking manager.

1 win all season. Out every cup possible at the first time of asking. Nestling comfortably into the bottom of the league already. Maybe once we're relegated to the basement league next season you'll change your mind. Atchison won't get another senior job as manager after us. Just like Baikie, Crawford, Robertson, Brown. And we sacked Drinkell? Our club is a farce. Some folk need to get their tongue out of Mr Murray's arse on social media sites and wake up.

Trying to take the positives from yesterday and I'm struggling. Good to see a healthy crowd again but i don't think there will be as many at the Airdrie game if we don't get 3 point on Saturday. The sad reality is that if we do loose our next game we're bottom. I just hope we can go on a wee winning run. I do have concerns over the manager. What was that 'formation' all about yesterday? Decent players on a rudderless ship! Preseason hype and optimism is draining by the week as we drift further from the play offs (at the right end). Lets just hope for a good win next week. Hopefully the 'gaffer' will be away on a coaching / tactics course this week. Unless he resigns he'll be here for the season on the basis that i cant see us having the money to pay him off this early into a full time deal. Cant see our 'owners' paying out for that. Onwards to next week. If win we'll be world beaters again! Mon the Fife.

Relegation
He will get it right? What you basing that on? He's never got it right so far in his long career. Then you go on to say others can give HIM advice if he needs it. Ha ha ha ha. He's supposed to know all about tactics, he's the fucking manager.

1 win all season. Out every cup possible at the first time of asking. Nestling comfortably into the bottom of the league already. Maybe once we're relegated to the basement league next season you'll change your mind. Atchison won't get another senior job as manager after us. Just like Baikie, Crawford, Robertson, Brown. And we sacked Drinkell? Our club is a farce. Some folk need to get their tongue out of Mr Murray's arse on social media sites and wake up.

My my, such anger so early in the season. Calm down dear, all will be well. I will buy you a beer if we are relegated and you can buy me a double malt if we reach the play offs. Have you never heard "WE ARE TOO GOOD TO GO DOWN"

Fifey
Relegation

My my, such anger so early in the season. Calm down dear, all will be well. I will buy you a beer if we are relegated and you can buy me a double malt if we reach the play offs. Have you never heard "WE ARE TOO GOOD TO GO DOWN"

We are too good to go down??? Well we can all tell that Fifey hardly goes to any games. He has a pop at moaners but he doesn't have to watch it week in week out like the rest of us do

Yesterday was a major disappointment and these days are becoming the norm rather than an occasional blip. However lets look at the positives and negatives of our Manager
Positives -
1) since coming in to Bayview he has assembled a squad of players, better than last seasons on a limited budget which I believe is less than last years.
2) He comes across very well in interviews where he is open and honest and nothing like the raving lunatic that was Billy Brown
3) he has the team trying to play a passing game, which at times has been great to watch, rather than the long punt from the back that we witnessed last season.
4) He has shown a willingness to try different formations and is not afraid to make changes to the team before and during the game. Last year too many players were guaranteed a game when performances didn't merit their inclusion.

Negatives
1) he has no excuse in terms of him being lumbered with players who had already signed before he came in. He has assembled the whole squad. We can all see that we are lacking in the middle of the park. Ross brown has been excellent in their but we need another mobile, tough tackling ball winner in their. I also feel we need a right winger
2) With Kevin Drinkell away, he no longer has someone on the bench he can bounce ideas and decisions off, so he now has to make them himself, with Robbie Neilson on the park.
3) a lot of the players who have come in have a Hearts connection, where he knows them from but we possibly missed out on other players because he was unknown to them.
4) The passing game he wants them to play is good to watch and for me a breath of fresh air compared to what we have endured in recent seasons. However, he maybe isn't getting over to the players that their is a time and place to pass and times to get the ball forward quicker to prevent them overplaying which gives teams time to get organised and if they close us down quickly can put us into trouble.
5) I know he assembled the squad later than most teams but he should now know what his strongest starting XI is and the formation which gets the best out of them. Too many changes to formations can make it difficult for some players to understand and get an established pattern of play.

I can see what he is trying to do in terms of the type of Football he wants them to play, but unfortunately playing nice Football does not win games. It's a results driven business, where if you can do this by playing great football, you have reached Utopia, but I'd settle for winning the next two games ugly. I may be one of the few it would seem who thinks he needs a bit more time but having played 5 of the first round of fixtures, he needs to get points quickly.

Cambuslang Fifer
Aye that's exactly who asked me to leave because of a comment that was said to Stoney in the office area

What was the comment,it could not be his travelling arrangements from Ibrox was it?. Or could it have been his home jersey being sponsered by Rangers supporters,leven Branch.

Bayviewboy you are right in many ways. What I struggle with is after only a few games thinking that he should go I know people need time, but real gut feeling that Willie is out his depth and needs real guidance drinkle is a fanny and I was glad he went. If willie doesn't go as the club want to be loyal they may be advised to find a decent and honest mentor

The club said at the beginning that Drinkell was there for his experience.
There's one thing the club could do that would win everyone over
BRING IN EAST FIFE LEGEND DAVE CLARKE AS AITCHISON'S ASSISTANT.

Then the revolution would be complete!

or if they really want to aim high what about God

its paul daniels were needin

3 points out of 15 is shocking stuff.

BT
or if they really want to aim high what about God

Wullie Broon?

There is only one God and he is called Stevie Archibald

Cambuslang Fifer
Dubs

You cant even play fitbaw and you dont stay in Glasgow, your always there when the young girls are training next to Levens park twice a week. Your one of the biggest weirdos going around here and you never hear a peep so dont start acting the big man here

I was criticised and ridiculed on this forum two weeks ago, on the Vs Rangers and Lay Off the New East Fife threads, for saying our manager lacks the experience we need, and for questioning his tactical ability. It is interesting to see the remarks now.
Willie Aitchison is not a senior football club manager, and the man who was supposed to help him find his way has decided he was wasting his time. Another season is about to go down the pan if we can't admit that a mistake has been made. Running the club successfully means making difficult decisions that put personal relationships aside. Why did Brian McNeill think that Willie was the man for the job, when no other club chairman had ever knocked his door?

How do you know he's there twice a week when the girls train? Because your there too?

if you had any football knowledge you would not to play your top goalscorer in the centre of midfield...why ross brown was dropped i'll never know

Give the man a chance he's doing a wonderful job,long may he continue.

BlackandGold
if you had any football knowledge you would not to play your top goalscorer in the centre of midfield...why ross brown was dropped i'll never know

The team selection on Saturday was like a school team. You pick who you think are the best 11 players and give them a game no matter what position they play. Stony,Durie and Buchanan all playing out of position in the midfield and it showed. Forfar without 5 players and won easily without playing that well!!

Well that didn't take long. whats next, Sack the board?

Fifer

Aitchison should be given until Christmas. If we haven't improved by then, well he will have to go.

Fifer

What didn't take long, to be heading for the bottom of the league already?

What's next? A one way ticket to the 4th league probably.

We shound get a younger manger like the Elgin manger or stilrling one I like the Dumbarton manger as well

Bill
Fifer

Aitchison should be given until Christmas. If we haven't improved by then, well he will have to go.

Yeah, agree with this.

With us having naysmith and neilson on our books shouldn't we give them a chance as manager and assistant as they've both either done or doing their badges!! With Cameron McNamara and Hartley all doing well isn't it worth a punt and joining the trend of giving ex pros their first managerial chance??

Havent we already tried that with Crawford,Fuck sake give Atchinson a chance we are only 5 games into the season

I RONNIE
Havent we already tried that with Crawford,Fuck sake give Atchinson a chance we are only 5 games into the season

7 games this season. 1 win.

You blether.

Crawford was more pushed in rather than wanted the job. And I tend to always back our managers but for all those pre season games and 7 proper games the manager has no set team yet or formation our best defender in preseason was dutot now he gets played out of position every week. Big joe is gd in the air but see every time someone runs at him or he has ball at his feet i shit myself

Its not as if weve been unlucky, we just cant compete!

Played 7
1 Win
6 Loses
6 Scored
20 Conceded

Even with the Arbroath game, we hardly got on top of them with 10 men

It's 5 games but time for us to sack the manger before we are in a fight to stay up u seen what lvingstone did they got a new manger after 4 games

Give the guy a chance fs! we are little over a month into the season and already he's getting abuse and calls for the sack! Yes our results haven't be great but I'm more than confident that he'll get us up the table and come May we'll be fighting for the playoffs at the right end of the division. The way he has got us playing in spells has been great to watch and once we start taking our chances we'll start dishing out a few hidings!

Fair enough if we are still in the same position come the end of November/early December then rightly so his job would need to be looked at but until then get behind him and what he's doing for this club.

#monthefife

And this is why I hate aftn! Joke!!

We can't just sack a manager every time we start to struggle! We've potentially got a good team so hopefully we'll click soon and we can start climbing the table. We could easily win our next two games and then it looks completely different. If we lose the next few then it's a different story but until then let's give him a chance.

Nah we have no changes of Beening in the play offs he's not the right guy he's a nice guy but to old manger it's someone younger we need we cheer the team tommorow but not the manger

Colin h
Nah we have no changes of Beening in the play offs he's not the right guy he's a nice guy but to old manger it's someone younger we need we cheer the team tommorow but not the manger

As a religious man I'll always support the manger, after all it supported the baby Jesus when he was born!

Fine mate but lvingstone did the right think they sack there manger and have a new one now

Andrew Miller
Give the guy a chance fs! we are little over a month into the season and already he's getting abuse and calls for the sack! Yes our results haven't be great but I'm more than confident that he'll get us up the table and come May we'll be fighting for the playoffs at the right end of the division. The way he has got us playing in spells has been great to watch and once we start taking our chances we'll start dishing out a few hidings!

Fair enough if we are still in the same position come the end of November/early December then rightly so his job would need to be looked at but until then get behind him and what he's doing for this club.

#monthefife

This time last year 2 points went to Stranraer won 6-2.............maybe its an omen!

win tomorrow and Colin h will adore the manager again, agree with Andy n Scott, very early days, #monthefife

If you hate AFTN why post ? stay away ,stop visiting the site . GOODBYE

Well good point if we won will cheer the team and the manger u are right I just hate us getting beat all the time but its not the manger flot I say we win I have east fife on my bet to win

another defeat to Stranraer today. Shocking stuff from the relegation contenders.

Good luck to team today. I hope Aichison can turn things round and prove me wrong. Be interesting too see how we lineup. Massive game! Mon the Fife!

Fuck you Atchison you fucking fuck faced fucking fuck.

taxi for aichinson

Always on the cards.

Fucking brutal.

this ain't working atchison time to pack the bags and face reality, we need a experience club level manager like Craig Levein who has been a manager of a senior team with Dundee United and Hearts but not so at national level like we have seen. I am sure he cant be any worse than what we have at the moment this simply not good enough and nothing getting there? we are bottom and its pretty embrassing!
Time to bring in someone in the game or has been at senior level. I wont mind Levein and Neilson am sure both were at Leicester together in the past even though most of us wont want him because of his tactics at national level and was at Cowden long ago but something's got to change.

Then again i dont know what am talking about and weird, upto Lee murray to stick or bin

Surely time up for Willie!

Couldn't see Levein coming within a mile of the Managers seat at Bayview. Hates us with a vengeance !
Unfortunately foe Willie Aitchison, he was always going to have to hit the ground running and get the team off to a flier or the knives would be out. The knives are being sharpened by many fans as the Club have slumped to the bottom of Division 1.
The fact that his 'experience' was as a Youth Coach at Hearts and that he never played the game at Professional level was always going to work against him. I'm not afraid to say that some of the Football we have played this season has been a breath of fresh air compared to the 'lump it up the park' we have endured over the last couple of seasons, but unfortunately playing decent Football on the deck hasn't put points on the board. Results are key - Football Utopia is winning by playing good attractive football, but winning has to be the first priority to ensure staying in the League.
He also doesn't have the excuse that he is working with players he didn't sign because he has signed them all as we had no players under contract after last season. We have the basis of a good squad at the Club, but too many play similar positions which means some playing in different roles. I also question our lack of options in the middle of the park. Ross Brown has done really well in there but who is best beside him ? We also don't have any natural wingers to provide supply to the strikers.
Lee Murray has tweeted that the dressing room is solid and asks for fans to stick by him cause they are getting it right. I have no doubt that Lee, the Board and Willie are working very hard to get it right and bring success to the Club and I admire them for that, but sometimes when things aren't going well, changes have to be made for the benefit of the Club before things sink too low.

Lee Murray took a huge gamble bringing his pal Willie in as manager, unfortunately is has backfired! Bottom of league and dumped out 2 cups at 1st hurdle proves this. Thought it was a strange decision in 1st place considering he's never managed or even played at this level but hey Ho. Oh well, Airdrie at home next wkend, things can only get better.

I agree with bayviewboy,we seem to have plenty of players for certain positions i.e centre halves and forwards but are piss poor in the middle of the park.I would also question some of our re-signed players from last year,it looked to me that the manager never watched a game we played last season or he would surely never have given mcbride or willis contracts.Captain is a problem as well for me i don't think stoney is a captain in any team far less a struggling one,by making him captain you are saying he's going to play every week,he gives us effort but is that enough?The games i've watched this season show the same problems as last year.

The board must surely be telling the manager in private ,that they need to see a massive improvement in 6 weeks or only one thing can happen. I don't see any green shoots of recovery. Ill give the manager my backing the now but there has to be improvement in the next 6 weeks or things will have to change. A manager is judged by results and 1 win in 8 tells its own story.

The bottom line is that Atchinson is simply not a Manager, and if he continues to be in charge we will be playing in League 2 next season, and that is not where we want to be.. It was a gamble and it hasn't paid off, we have 30+ games to go and that is plenty of time for a good manager to come in and consolidate out place in this league! Mon the Fife!

My 20/1 on you hams to be bottom looks better by the week. And VC bet were kind enough to double my bet when I opened my account in July. And to make life even worse for you lot we are heading for another final and second top of the league. GIRUY.

Levenmouth Rover
My 20/1 on you hams to be bottom looks better by the week. And VC bet were kind enough to double my bet when I opened my account in July. And to make life even worse for you lot we are heading for another final and second top of the league. GIRUY.

Is anyone against me banning this boring erse again?

The manager can only do so much, he has made good signings and at the end of the end day; once those players step on to the pitch it is down to them to perform! The players are to blame here not the manager but I do agree that giving the team and manager time is what we need!!

We need a ball winning midfielder or someone with some height in the middle of the park constantly overrun

Tam
Levenmouth Rover

Bash on Tam!

The only cup you lot will get , is when the new Morrisons opens, you nip in fur a cup o tea

Levenmouth Rover' s goading is the least of our worries.

Fife 4 lyf
The manager can only do so much, he has made good signings and at the end of the end day; once those players step on to the pitch it is down to them to perform! The players are to blame here not the manager but I do agree that giving the team and manager time is what we need!!
He's also made some terrible signings! A win on Sat at home to Airdrie is a must. Also how much time do we give him? He's had time and still no improvement or even a settled team. I agree the players are to blame as well tho, but it's his team, his signings and from what i've seen we're looking good for straight relegation. Murray has backed him on twitter so I suppose we just need to get on with it and hope we improve or its hiya 2nd div!!

It's that age old question. Who is to blame? The manager or the players. The manager always gets the blame and the boot, but it's the players that aren't performing at the same time.

That said, it's a shocking start and you can only let him go on like that for so long. With the money spent and the players brought it, there is no way we should have the record we do.

The team have had time to gel and the buck has to stop with the manager at the end of the day if he can't get this squad on the necessary page to win.

He has to go if he doesn't win next week. We need an experienced guy in.

When he was rumoured to be appointed, I had an interesting chat with someone who knows him and he was amazed he was being given the job as a manager and said he doubted he had what it took to succeed at that level.

Time's running out for him to prove that he does have it.

GoF
It's that age old question. Who is to blame? The manager or the players. The manager always gets the blame and the boot, but it's the players that aren't performing at the same time.

That said, it's a shocking start and you can only let him go on like that for so long. With the money spent and the players brought it, there is no way we should have the record we do.

The team have had time to gel and the buck has to stop with the manager at the end of the day if he can't get this squad on the necessary page to win.

When he was rumoured to be appointed, I had an interesting chat with someone who knows him and he was amazed he was being given the job as a manager and said he doubted he had what it took to succeed at that level.

Good points GOF. I travelled down to watch the game yesterday and it was really poor. Its getting to be predictable now. Every week Aitchison changes a lot of players and there is no consistency. The only thing that is consistent is that Aitchison will say 'Just individual errors that cost us which you cant legislate for. We have been looking good in training all week blah blah'
its getting to be a broken record.

Why is our club giving aitchison time to prove that he has got what he has never had? He is not a manager, and never has been.
Two games ago Lee Murray said on Twitter the Forfar game was a six pointer. Last week fans were saying yesterday's match was a six pointer. How long is this going to be allowed to continue? Five goals against, one goal for (a fluke).
A mistake was made in appointing him. As with all mistakes, the worst thing you can do is deny it was a mistake, and hope things get better.
Meanwhile another season is all but ruined already. I thought we had new owners with a bit of savvy about them? They look like mugs right now.

GoF

GOF, good points made. I also spoke with a friend who works at riccarton and he said a similar things. Someone posted the boys look good in training, I have watched a good few sessions at training now, have to say the ones that stand out are the young lads, Fash Brown, Lennie, the others I can't remember all the names sorry.
The young keeper shows the other two up every session I watch, why not put them in a reserve game from the start with senior players around them we might get a surprise. Certainly don't think the keeper will throw the ball in. Fash will come on again Brown as we no has been good so far, guys it can not get any worse at the min. If it doesn't work in a reserve game he can go with what he has. I suspect there will be no change though.
If you can nip down and watch training see for yourself

Lee Murray must be concerned.
His legacy will read "local businessman buys into local club and gets them relegated first season". East Fife are quickly becoming a laughing stock.
He could man up, admit they got the managerial appointment wrong, and do something about it!
Then again, he could always bury his head in the sand and come out when its far too late.

Tam
Levenmouth Rover

Likewise raithman? I welcome other teams' fans if they've something constructive to say but not if they're just spamming the board. Thoughts?

KotS
Tam
Levenmouth Rover

Likewise raithman? I welcome other teams' fans if they've something constructive to say but not if they're just spamming the board. Thoughts?

neither contribute anything worthwhile.

WullieBroonIsGod
KotS
Tam
Levenmouth Rover

I think we need to be careful. Banning them probably breaches their rights under the Mental Health Act. I don't know Raithman but know who LR is and banning him would remove the only pleasure he has.

Not The Other Chairman
WullieBroonIsGod
KotS
Tam
Levenmouth Rover

I think we need to be careful. Banning them probably breaches their rights under the Mental Health Act. I don't know Raithman but know who LR is and banning him would remove the only pleasure he has.

And may push him over the edge?

Aye, go for it mods!

Bump!

Nice guys don't necessarily make good managers!

you trawled back weeks to dig a post up. give the guy a chance. he cant account for individual errors. it is like the posters who slated gary thom when he signed and he has been one of our best players. pish the day but no time to panic yet we are only a quarter through the season.

After watching the interview after the Ayr game it looks like the manager is slowly morphing into Billy Brown!

You're right, he can't account for individual errors but he can account for the fact that he is the man that picks these players for our team.

He started with Moosari and Stewart, both extremely poor players. Then he brings on Ryan Stewart who simply shouldn't even be playing amateur football.

I think he's a decent man and would like him to maybe coach the under 19s but never the first team.

Every time we get beat he blames it on individual errors...that's a relevant excuse for one defeat but not multiple loses, fingers have to be pointed at the manager. He obviously isn't addressing this problem and probably never will. Yes he signed Stephen Hughes, which will probably sort the centre mid problem, but we have no decent wide players and that is a massive problem. When things are not going well at a football team there is only a certain amount of things that can be wrong.. And quite clearly the problem is Atchison... A quarter of a season is massive in this league .. Look at how tight it is, another poor quarter and we are down! In my eyes he has to go, he's not a manager. Going to be a long year ahead.

kceffc
you trawled back weeks to dig a post up. give the guy a chance. he cant account for individual errors. it is like the posters who slated gary thom when he signed and he has been one of our best players. pish the day but no time to panic yet we are only a quarter through the season.

Dont panic! last season after 9 games we had 8pts and look what a shit season that was. Sadly the manager is out his depth and Kevin drinkell walking away for football reasons, says it all!!

How old is Willie Aitchison? around 50 maybe? I take it he has been involved in football most of his adult life? By speaking to other fans in the past I am led to believe that he hasn`t even reached the heights of assistant manager at any senior club and has only been involved in a coaching capacity and working with youths.
Surely if he was any good then word would have got round and other clubs may have possibly taken him on board.

Was he given the job because he talks a good game and is pals with Brian McNeil? His appointment as manager was always a gamble and it has failed. I really wish he had been a success then it would have meant we would have had a more successful team than at present, but bottom of the league and scoring only 6 goals is failure in my eyes.

The board cannot afford to take another gamble and let this continue. The off field activities have been a breath of fresh air and a lot of people have bought in to this. The club cannot afford for gates to go back to what they were last season. Big decisions have to be made soon.

Willie Aitchison is a 52-year-old taxi driver. He is not a young coach with new ideas. He has never been an assistant coach at a senior club but he will tell you he was first team coach at Hearts if you ask. This is not true. He did bibs and cones after Csaba Laszlo befriended him, and was out the door when Laszlo left.
He has never played senior football, and he has never managed in senior football.
Since arriving at Bayview, his assistant has walked out after just a few weeks. He has appointed his teenage son as first team fitness coach, and the lad has now turned for the reserves.
If only Jeremy Beadle was still alive, we would have some hope.

I'm going to go against the grain here and stick up for the manager.
At the moment we're just 6 points off fourth place and have been playing some decent football.
Due to injuries at the start of the season the manager didn't have a settled side but was able to keep almost the same 11 for the Airdrie and Stenny games - where we took 4 points from 6.
Aye it's never nice being bottom, but I think with the likes of Naysmith, Neilson and Hughes in the side, along with the likes of Buchanan we really do have the core of a good side.
I've been impressed with Gary Thom too.

We just need things to click for us and then I'm sure the wins will come.

The manager is trying to build something new at Bayview just now and needs time.

Knee jerk reactions are not the way forward.

The appointment of aitchison was a gamble and it's clear it is not paying off. Time to cut the losses and start again while the playoffs are still achievable. Every defeat makes life harder for the next manager.

Jimmy calderwood anyone.

we had to change manager last year due to durie being ill we don't have to this year I have read interviews where players are accepting they are not doing it on the pitch. buchanan today saying they had prepared for ayrs style but did not do what was asked once out on the pitch.

I am not happy with the way the season has started I don't know anyone who is but don't think sacking the manager is the way forward just now.

as for drinkell do we know why he left ? I don't so I cant blame anyone for that. and he was hardly experienced not downing him was glad to have him on the coaching staff but he was out the game for years and was working as an agent. atchinson was coaching all that time.

this Is only my opinion same as it is only other peoples. but as has been mentioned a couple of results and we could hit the promotion playoff position.

also it would just bring about the broon situation of its no ma team.

I would give him at least till December to get his style implemented and if he doesn't I think the board will take action but until then I will back the manager and the team.

this is going to be a tight league outwith rangers and I think stability could go a long way to being successful or not.

kceffc
we had to change manager last year due to durie being ill we don't have to this year I have read interviews where players are accepting they are not doing it on the pitch. buchanan today saying they had prepared for ayrs style but did not do what was asked once out on the pitch.

The players disregard manager's advice = problem.

kceffc
I am not happy with the way the season has started I don't know anyone who is but don't think sacking the manager is the way forward just now.

What changes would you make then, to take us off the bottom of the league and improve our goal-scoring tally, which is currently half that of the second lowest scorers in the league? Would you sign some more players?

kceffc
as for drinkell do we know why he left ? I don't so I cant blame anyone for that. and he was hardly experienced not downing him was glad to have him on the coaching staff but he was out the game for years and was working as an agent. atchinson was coaching all that time.

Aitchison has been driving a taxi since Laszlo left Hearts at the start of 2010. Before Laszlo arrived and needed a pal, Aitchison was a taxi driver.

kceffc
this Is only my opinion same as it is only other peoples. but as has been mentioned a couple of results and we could hit the promotion playoff position.

The team in the bottom play-off position have just humped us 4-1 at home. Don't kid yourself that we are contenders.

kceffc
also it would just bring about the broon situation of its no ma team.

Aitchison has signed just about every player in the squad. It is his team.

kceffc
this is going to be a tight league outwith rangers and I think stability could go a long way to being successful or not.

At the moment, stability is going a long way right enough, to annan and elgin next season.

I said the next manager would have the excuse its no ma team.

I think the signings have mostly been good ones but change takes time.

I have told you what I will do I will support the team and the manager because I have seen some positive things in the opening quarter.

we can all play football manager but most of us have less qualifications than the man you call a taxi driver.

tell me this if this really is yours and others opinions why the silence for 2 wks was it because we got 4 points from 2 games ?

what would your plan be after sacking him ?

some of the best coaches in recent times have been players with little or no playing or coaching experience. there is no set formula sometimes experience works sometimes it doesn't .

my point is if we don't give him a chance and we sack him does the next manager only get 6 or so games before you call for his head.

we have a better run club than last season and imo a much better squad who atchinson surely must have helped bring some here.

I think 15 games is the minimum you have to give a manager unless you are in dire straits or he loses the dressing room I see no evidence of either at the moment

We were showing signs of improvement but that on Saturday was 10 steps back. A manager is responsible for results, he can play who he wants and what formations he wants, but the bottom line is results. After watching that on Saturday even the most eternal optimist would struggle to see how we can get anything from our next 2 games. The first competitive match at Forfar we gave them far to much time and space on the ball, here we are in October and we are still doing the same. At least three goals on Saturday no one pressures the ball. It has been clear that the midfield has been the problem, I would not like to hazard a guess what formation wullie comes up with this weekend, but we need 2 things fight and width. A 442 only works if the wide players get involved in the game and put in a shift. I said a few weeks back that we must be looking for improvement in results and performance over 5 or 6 weeks. I will give the manager my backing for now as he was unable to play the team that had shown improvement. On Saturday at least 5 players were well below what is required, but the good thing is we should have better players desperate to fill their boots. I would try a midfield of stonie wide left brown and hughes in the middle and durie wide right.

the manger is foul of crap hes crap better he gets the sack if we keep him we will go down

The Manager needs EVERY player playing for him and he won`t get that with some current players doubting his credentials.

The same players, who put in a shift every week must be sick of carrying some others who continue to put in sub standard performances.

Never, ever thought we would be in this position at present and certainly wouldn`t give Aitchison 15 games to prove himself as too much damage could have been done by then.

kceffc
I said the next manager would have the excuse its no ma team.

I think the signings have mostly been good ones but change takes time.

I have told you what I will do I will support the team and the manager because I have seen some positive things in the opening quarter.

we can all play football manager but most of us have less qualifications than the man you call a taxi driver.

tell me this if this really is yours and others opinions why the silence for 2 wks was it because we got 4 points from 2 games ?

what would your plan be after sacking him ?

some of the best coaches in recent times have been players with little or no playing or coaching experience. there is no set formula sometimes experience works sometimes it doesn't .

my point is if we don't give him a chance and we sack him does the next manager only get 6 or so games before you call for his head.

we have a better run club than last season and imo a much better squad who atchinson surely must have helped bring some here.

I think 15 games is the minimum you have to give a manager unless you are in dire straits or he loses the dressing room I see no evidence of either at the moment

The problem is that Aitchison looked like a poor appointment and after the first quarter of the season we are bottom of the league and have scored only six goals in nine games. Opinions have now become evidence. Poor manager, poor performances, poor results, poor prospects. There is talent in the squad, without a doubt. But as a team, we are going down.
You ask what my plan would be after sacking him. Eh ... get a manager who knows what he's doing. It's not rocket science. There are plenty of them out there who would love the opportunity, and the boardroom backing, that has been given to Willie Aitchison. After all the positive changes off the field, the appointment of the wrong manager is a massive missed opportunity to take East Fife forward. But it is not too late to put this right.
No evidence of the manager losing the dressing room? Try speaking to the players. Some of them gave up on him six weeks ago. He lost his assistant too, by the way.

Can anyone remember when Aitchison said that "East Fife were going to give someone a doing soon"

you don't rate him fifer that is fair enough I don't think he has done as well as expected either doesn't mean sacking him is best for east fife.

who are these countless managers you speak of I don't think many would want job if they see a manager sacked after a quarter of the season.

its been a pish start don't think anyone would disagree but not disasterous we can still have a good season.

a new manager will want to bring in new players where will this money come from.

In all the time I have supported east fife I have never seen a board or manager attract the calibre of players we have just now. the board have put the money up they deserve the chance to see if it works.

however I do believe atchinson will know his coat is on a shoogley peg this is a results business he will not get forever.

and as I said why drinkell left could be any number of reasons does not mean it was down to the manager.

it may be baby steps of progress but the club is going the right way imo and lee said they would be happy with 7th this is still easily achievable.

so youre saying players gave up on him in late august early September well I think that would say more about there lack of fight for the fife jersey. how can you sign up then be unhappy so quickly especially when everyone knew they were going to a team in transition.

to say we are going down is premature to say the least I do not believe we will go down.

I don't think a new manager would want to bring in that many new players.

Look at the player we have/had. Some top talent there for this league.

So where does the bulk of the blame lie? The players for not playing to their potential or the manager for not getting the team to do that?

Always a tough one.

You have to look at our horrendous goal difference for one of the major reasons we're struggling right now.

Apart from the Arbroath game, where we played excellent for about 40 minutes, I don't see this good football others talk of. The only two wins were by scraping home against 10 man Smokies, and a deflected goal against a very poor Airdrie, who could have easily taken something from the game.
Ayr looked a poor team on Saturday but still much better than us.
The manager is well out of his depth, and the farcical situation on Saturday when he had Tuta stripped and ready to come on for 5 minutes, and had at least 5 opportunities to make the substitution, but the manager didn't seem to know who to take off, whilst big Cedric continued to freeze on the sideline. In the Dunfermline game Aitchison called the assistant (in fairly derogatory terms) to make a substitution, but the player couldn't come on as he wasn't correctly listed on the team sheet. It is amateurish in the extreme.
The purpose of a youth academy coach is to develop a player or two for the first team, whereas a first team manager needs to get results. Obviously this is not happening at the moment, and I haven't seen anything to suggest things are going to change soon.
I would cut our lossesnow. Not expecting anything from the next two games, but a new manager might get a reaction to take into the cup match at Forfar, which at least would give some hope for the rest of the season.
My choice would be Calderwood, who would jump at the chance, and knows the likes of Clarke and Buchannan. Big decisions to be made

Maybe the reason Nade hasn`t signed is that he is waiting to see if his pal Aitchison is still going to be in a job?

if we get beat by pars on saturday get the manger sack its not working out after 10 games wolud rather have colin camron the cowdenbeath manger than the one we have the now

Second bottom of league and out of all the cups.
How much longer is this guy going to get