Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest.

1-0

Re: Latest.

Martin Grehan is the scorer.

2-0

Stranraer 2 East Fife 0

2-0

Fucking dreadful

Absolute murder.

Taxi for Aitchison

Altogether now

We are bottom of the league
We are bottom of the league

Cha cha cha

Struggling,Struggling, Struggling.

Full time and Bottom of the league.

Simply not good enough alarm bells have been ringing for a few weeks. Over to the board the is your first big decision.

Don't know how we performed today, but 1 win in 8, and that was a battle against ten men...not promising at all.

lets face it this manager is out of his depth at this level but are the board blameless,no it was them that hired him in the first place.

That was a shocker .. Maybe one shot on goal and yet again wholesale changes to the team . Worried

we need a manager with experience at senior level and has been a manager. They will be plenty manager out there that could do a job at east fife and are unemployed like Craig Levein, Jimmy Calderwood, John Hughes etc. But many won't want someone like Craig Levein to manage EF because he was at Cowden and done a poor job in managing the national side for Scotland, saying that he was great at club level with Dundee United and Hearts in the top flight and i think he was manager at Leicester when Robbie Neilson was there. To me i think he will do reasonable well with EF and couldnt do any worse than the current manager.
Willie Aitkinson was never that man for the hotseat and the man before him BB hasn't been a manager at any of his pervious clubs under Jefferies and him has been at in the past and was worse but we did survive the play-offs by the skins of the teeth.
Getting rid of Broony and Muir was the worse thing the club could do in the summer with them both leaving, we lack quality in the midfield and our goalies what are there experience before than turning out for Dunfermline and Falkirk in Paterson and Andrews. Antell also looked promising with us last season but he optied to join QOS.

Poor start with one win vs Arbroath and we've conceded far too many goals, we are now bottom and we look like a albion rovers side that went down last season having won the play-offs also to stay up we need to sort it out before we are miles behind Forfar and Stranrear when December come.

Willie is going nowhere.

Lee Murray just tweeted saying there all gutted but feel there getting there...Laughable.

We are fucking dreadful.

The manager is not getting there, what we doing in getting there? our reserves play better with wins against Airdrie and Annan its alright saying that as a chairman and typing on Twitter but its the man in the dugout that puts out a team to win and winning only once and bottom of Leauge One is poor and pretty embrassing. The only postivie to say we didnt lose heavy at Stranrear like last season shambles there.

of course the board will back the manager,if they didnt they would end up with egg on their face as it was them the board who appointed him even though he had no managerial experience at this level and what i have seen so far on the park and team selection week in week out has no chance of turning this shambles around.results speak for themselves last 3 games lost 3 scored 1 with the opposition goalie throwing it into his own net conceding 10.automatic relegation stats im afraid if this poorrun continues.

name the manager
we need a manager with experience at senior level and has been a manager. They will be plenty manager out there that could do a job at east fife and are unemployed like Craig Levein, Jimmy Calderwood, John Hughes etc. But many won't want someone like Craig Levein to manage EF because he was at Cowden and done a poor job in managing the national side for Scotland, saying that he was great at club level with Dundee United and Hearts in the top flight and i think he was manager at Leicester when Robbie Neilson was there. To me i think he will do reasonable well with EF and couldnt do any worse than the current manager.
Willie Aitkinson was never that man for the hotseat and the man before him BB hasn't been a manager at any of his pervious clubs under Jefferies and him has been at in the past and was worse but we did survive the play-offs by the skins of the teeth.
Getting rid of Broony and Muir was the worse thing the club could do in the summer with them both leaving, we lack quality in the midfield and our goalies what are there experience before than turning out for Dunfermline and Falkirk in Paterson and Andrews. Antell also looked promising with us last season but he optied to join QOS.

Poor start with one win vs Arbroath and we've conceded far too many goals, we are now bottom and we look like a albion rovers side that went down last season having won the play-offs also to stay up we need to sort it out before we are miles behind Forfar and Stranrear when December come.

The club never got rid of David muir, and hendoyou've posted nearly the same post on two threads with different names.

hopefully the reserves beat Rovers in midweek to see some changes in the squad for airdrie, at the moment their results have been much better than the first team on a saturday or theres a change of management at the club. Right now we are heading in the wrong direction as a club.
The leauge table doesn't lie tonight but we need to stop this poor run of consistency going on for another week and Zero points added.

Just wanted to say a few things about todays performance, Jonny Stewart didn't look interested and was rightly subbed, Pat Clarke was completely invisible, Gary Naysmiths legs have gone and Robbie Neilson's misplaced pass that set up the the second goal for Stranraer summed up his poor performance. I would like to see Stoney back to left back and Durie to right back with Thom and Campbell who played well together today at the centre of defence. Its the midfield where we are really struggling though, Willis is wasted wide on the right and we have nobody right footed to pass the ball through the centre of midfield or to send in crosses from the right flank.

Time for nacho novo?

travis bickle
of course the board will back the manager,if they didnt they would end up with egg on their face as it was them the board who appointed him even though he had no managerial experience at this level and what i have seen so far on the park and team selection week in week out has no chance of turning this shambles around.results speak for themselves last 3 games lost 3 scored 1 with the opposition goalie throwing it into his own net conceding 10.automatic relegation stats im afraid if this poorrun continues.

All the great work off the field will soon become totally irrelevant if this dreadful run continues. The bottom line is results, nobody likes supporting a losing team, the fans for sure (though we are well used to it)and certainly not the sponsors either. I mean who wants to be associated with failure? Crowds are up on last season but that will very quickly revert back to the hardcore 400 if results continue to be poor.

Something has to be done pretty soon otherwise we are looking at the bottom league next season.

raithman
your shite and we know you are,your as good as your mum/sister/granny/auntie/wife/sister in law etc isn't.it runs in the family,not like your paternal father if you know him.

Please BAN this pointless f@uckin TWAT . Spamming the forum with total crap

Done. Deleted some of his other stuff last night but missed this one.

What great work off the field ?? Open your eyes this has been coming right from the off . all the players that were signed well maybe signing oh right not signing. I said at the beginning it will end the same some folk in the club do not know what there doing or what direction to go. Who would take the job now what we're looking at is another BB type situation. The players at the club are good enough to get them out of trouble no more. Nip down on a Tuesday night and see for yourself. The players are not happy at training ask Nade about what he was left to do on Thurs night and who actually took the training drills he was asked to do. It was scarey and very poor to ask a Pro to do what soccer 7s do. Have a go by all means but go see for yourself you will then understand why the guys aren't performing on a Saturday.

GoF
Done. Deleted some of his other stuff last night but missed this one.

Cheers mate , well done

Bon
What great work off the field ?? Open your eyes this has been coming right from the off . all the players that were signed well maybe signing oh right not signing. I said at the beginning it will end the same some folk in the club do not know what there doing or what direction to go. Who would take the job now what we're looking at is another BB type situation. The players at the club are good enough to get them out of trouble no more. Nip down on a Tuesday night and see for yourself. The players are not happy at training ask Nade about what he was left to do on Thurs night and who actually took the training drills he was asked to do. It was scarey and very poor to ask a Pro to do what soccer 7s do. Have a go by all means but go see for yourself you will then understand why the guys aren't performing on a Saturday.

I agree with you there,I know some players don't like him at the club and says his training is poor and baffling at times. I also know that smith, muir , McManus never stayed because after meeting the manager to stay they said he was a clown that didn't know anything about football. The man got a job being pals with the chairman and is well out his depth . Time to let someone else come in before its too late

Brian
Bon

I agree with you there,I know some players don't like him at the club and says his training is poor and baffling at times. I also know that smith, muir , McManus never stayed because after meeting the manager to stay they said he was a clown that didn't know anything about football. The man got a job being pals with the chairman and is well out his depth . Time to let someone else come in before its too late

I am reading all this and have to admit i am deeply concerned! Too many rumours to discount them.

When will some of you posters realise we are bang average and have been ever since Robbo left. He got us close to playoffs on last day of season for 2 seasons in a row and also to a quarter final of a domestic cup. Had experienced players who got the players going but oh no some fans make up lies and condemn them and want to make bang average players like Campbell pretend they are the future. Well Campbell is still here and we are even worse off. Don't need to mention names of experienced players as some of you young immature posters take the hump and can't see the wood for the trees and realise things were a lot rosier back then.

Now we have this clown in charge aptly employed by Brian McNeill and co. Brian isn't even a physio yet we have let him bring an imposter of a manager who has no tactical nous. He was laslzlo's taxi driver at hearts and is clearly just a friend of the board.

We want to be better than Cowdenbeath but we have no chance and it will be more than few years to even get close

Realist
When will some of you posters realise we are bang average and have been ever since Robbo left. He got us close to playoffs on last day of season for 2 seasons in a row and also to a quarter final of a domestic cup. Had experienced players who got the players going but oh no some fans make up lies and condemn them and want to make bang average players like Campbell pretend they are the future. Well Campbell is still here and we are even worse off. Don't need to mention names of experienced players as some of you young immature posters take the hump and can't see the wood for the trees and realise things were a lot rosier back then.

Now we have this clown in charge aptly employed by Brian McNeill and co. Brian isn't even a physio yet we have let him bring an imposter of a manager who has no tactical nous. He was laslzlo's taxi driver at hearts and is clearly just a friend of the board.

We want to be better than Cowdenbeath but we have no chance and it will be more than few years to even get close

That will explain why shagger never got the right treatment and took over half a season to get back playing. We need a new manager ASAP or we are doomed .

I am not keen on spreading gossip, but was talking to a guy today, who is both friends with a senior player and knows the manager.
If he is to be believed (and I have no reason to doubt, particularly reading other views on here) there are serious concerns about the manager, his laddie and their training techniques. Examples cited include full high intensity sprint training on a Friday, the day before a match.
If his regimes turn them into world beaters, good on Willie, but unfortunately results show this is not the case.

Time to cut our losses on this gamble me thinks

Ritchie
Examples cited include full high intensity sprint training on a Friday, the day before a match.

Scientifically there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing this.

Bayview Beau
Ritchie
Examples cited include full high intensity sprint training on a Friday, the day before a match.

Scientifically there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing this.

I have no idea if this is scientifically right or wrong, but the player cerainly believed it was not normal and high risk.

As I said, if this new age thinking was reaping results there would be no need for debate, but the players appear not to buying in to it, and the results are not forthcoming.

When the players stop believing in him and are not responding then there can only be one outcome. And whatever the rights and wrongs of it it's not the players that go, it's the manager (as we have just seen at Sunderland).

Grim agree with your post! Alas, looking at the recent results, performances, player body language I think we have already reached that pivotal moment. I am personally gutted by the start of this season where I do believe the football is worse and the potential for staying up this season at this juncture is less. Saturday is a massive game for us, one we have to win and one where the players prove us wrong and give the manager everything. If the result goes against us then unfortunately Mr Aitchisons tenure at the helm has to be considered by the powers above in the board room. I think Lee et al have done a fantastic job from a Corporate and commercial perspective but on the footballing front it appears todate that serious misjudgements have been made. Football eh; who said it was ever easy. Mon the Fife!

Mr Brightside
Grim agree with your post! Alas, looking at the recent results, performances, player body language I think we have already reached that pivotal moment. I am personally gutted by the start of this season where I do believe the football is worse and the potential for staying up this season at this juncture is less. Saturday is a massive game for us, one we have to win and one where the players prove us wrong and give the manager everything. If the result goes against us then unfortunately Mr Aitchisons tenure at the helm has to be considered by the powers above in the board room. I think Lee et al have done a fantastic job from a Corporate and commercial perspective but on the footballing front it appears todate that serious misjudgements have been made. Football eh; who said it was ever easy. Mon the Fife!

Just keep the faith, guys. It's not so many years since - as many of you will remember very well - we were standing bottom of the Third Division and faced with the Danskin nightmare. But with hard work and a great support, who I think felt we were all in this together, we got promoted the next season. Lot of water under the bridge since then but the one thing we can be sure of in football is that better days will be just round the corner. Well maybe a corner or two with the odd bump in the road!

Realist

Must have missed this post earlier, are you suggesting Brian is not a physio, how could he have been doing this for so long if he is not

10:13 PM folks and the lights are still on at the ground.

.......and your point is?

simple to work out,obviously you can not.

Yes very simple to work out there was a reserve game at kirkcaldy. Probably just got back