Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Maintaining the East Fife profile

This is an extract from an exam paper I wrote for a well known post-graduate international diploma:

QUESTION 6

“Establishing an effective system of internal control is not a one-off exercise. No such system remains effective unless it develops to take account of new and emerging risks, control failures, market expectations or changes in the company’s circumstances or business objectives. The Review Group reiterates the view of the vast majority of respondents in emphasising the importance of regular and systemic assessment of risks facing the business and the value of embedding risk management and internal control systems within business processes.”

(Extract from Internal Control: Revised Guidance for Directors on the Combined Code Financial Reporting Council, October 2005)

You are a Governance and Risk Consultant for The East Fife Finance Company (EFFC). Recommend change strategies, measures and techniques that EFFC’s Board of Directors and management should consider in order to embed governance at boardroom level and in general across the organisation?

(100 marks)

'Mon the Fife.

Re: Maintaining the East Fife profile

It's easy for you, you're only asking the questions

True but I'm open to bribes

Remove the risk, let me buy your club and put an end to doughnuts polluting our forum

C'est What?
This is an extract from an exam paper I wrote for a well known post-graduate international diploma:

QUESTION 6

“Establishing an effective system of internal control is not a one-off exercise. No such system remains effective unless it develops to take account of new and emerging risks, control failures, market expectations or changes in the company’s circumstances or business objectives. The Review Group reiterates the view of the vast majority of respondents in emphasising the importance of regular and systemic assessment of risks facing the business and the value of embedding risk management and internal control systems within business processes.”

(Extract from Internal Control: Revised Guidance for Directors on the Combined Code Financial Reporting Council, October 2005)

You are a Governance and Risk Consultant for The East Fife Finance Company (EFFC). Recommend change strategies, measures and techniques that EFFC’s Board of Directors and management should consider in order to embed governance at boardroom level and in general across the organisation?

(100 marks)

'Mon the Fife.

C'est What?
A member of a Royal Family with many millions
Remove the risk, let me buy your club and put an end to doughnuts polluting our forum

Spastic.

What a dreadful word to call someone.

C'est What?

Spastic.

Your university education certainly wasn't a waste of taxpayer's money.

Not The Other Chairman
C'est What?

Spastic.

Your university education certainly wasn't a waste of taxpayer's money.

That word used in that context must warrant a ban totally rediculous. In fact so much offence you should be ashamed hope you feel proud of yourself. think you are bright lol Go curl up and sink back to where you came from

C'est What?

Spastic.

By now you've probably realised that you're well and truly out of order.
Most of the posters reading this forum have not responded to your comment. I, on the other hand, just could not resist....Simply NOT acceptable. Deeply offensive.

Penpal
C'est What?

Spastic.

By now you've probably realised that you're well and truly out of order.
Most of the posters reading this forum have not responded to your comment. I, on the other hand, just could not resist....Simply NOT acceptable. Deeply offensive.

AND no apology!!

She might have been referring to one of DC Robertson's uniformed police colleagues in Irvine Welsh's "Filth". Otherwise possibly a lack of education.

Sorry, clutching at straws and embarrassed for the poster.

FFS stop being such drama queens; it's a 'trendy' insult and not meant to target any 'minority'.

C'est What?
FFS stop being such drama queens; it's a 'trendy' insult and not meant to target any 'minority'.

Trendy? Explain please.

It's insulting language full stop.

C'est What?

Wriggling like a worm on a hook. Is knob head a trendy insult ?

Sorry for missing this earlier.

Not sure how many chances some people need/deserve but I tried. Final straw now reached and he's banned.

Will leave it up for now so people can see why then delete whole thread later.

It's not so much for this one comment but the constant pain in the arse over the past few months and no attempt at change despite the final warning.

Yup, no matter how many guises Ian aka Exile has he just can't help being an angry little troll with issues.
Good riddance to a vile little man.