Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reserves tonight?

Is there a reserve game at Bayview tonight?

Re: Reserves tonight?

QOS at Bayview. 7.30PM

From the OEFS...

The next reserve match v Queen of the South will be on Monday 30th September 2013 at Bayview Stadium with a 7.30pm kick off.

The cost of entry will be;

Adults - £2.00

Concessoins - £1.00

Finished nil nil. Good game against a strong QOS side. Closest to a goal came when Cyrus Moosavi hit the post in the second half . Team was Andrews, Grieve, Wilson, Mbu, Lennie, Moosavi, Barr, Fash, Falconer, Honeyman.

Agree good game, would have been good to see what the young keeper had to offer but instead we got to see Kenny yep the Managers laddie. I thought that only happened in the regional youth football Not good Willie.
My only real argument for that is he's the only one one we haven't seen this year are you keeping him under wraps Willie. Maybe BM head of Youth could answer why the lad is not getting a chance. As I have said in previous posts at training he looks the part. The Portugal posts he was away training with Doncaster Rovers etc he must have something, just my thoughts

What are you on about Brian is up front on Saturday and cazza is left back

Heard we also have 2 or 3 full timers out on loan , why were they not brought in , instead of the managers son getting a run out.

Sounds like Moosavi is worth a start on Saturday. Maybe give stonie or Buchanan a rest.

Noisy Crossbar
Sounds like Moosavi is worth a start on Saturday. Maybe give stonie or Buchanan a rest.

Don`t see why we should give the 2 best players we had against Airdrie a rest this week.

An entertaining match between 2 evenly matched teams.

Please note that it was Robbie Neilson and Gary Naysmith who were in charge of the team and made the substitutions NOT Willie Aitchison.

Tam
Noisy Crossbar

Don`t see why we should give the 2 best players we had against Airdrie a rest this week.

Plotting my revenge!!!

Terracing Bob
Finished nil nil. Good game against a strong QOS side. Closest to a goal came when Cyrus Moosavi hit the post in the second half . Team was Andrews, Grieve, Wilson, Mbu, Lennie, Moosavi, Barr, Fash, Falconer, Honeyman.

No Cedric or Alexis in the team/squad?

They didnt turn up, is the info I got.

Bon
They didnt turn up, is the info I got.

Bon,You must have been at a different game from me, Alexis came on when young Bradley went off injured

To be honest on hearing this i found there to be a rather comical element to the managers son being drafted into the squad and used for the last wee bit of the game . However on the other side there is a youth set up at the club and I'm sure the laddies who are trying to make there way part time in the under 19s set up who through personal choice have work outside full time football would have been grateful of a call up if they were seeing progression in the reserve set up . This appears non existent and sure is a point which doesn't go a miss to these players who could be playing at junior level for payment .
Also there was a full time goalkeeper who requires game time who wasn't used surely wrong on any level.
Heard manager was at the game too so was aware .

I think you'll find that there were a number of late call offs that prompted the use of young Aitchison on the bench!
Only Andrews, Mbu, Stewart & Dutot on the bench could be classed as senior first team members. The rest were all youth players. 17 year old Falconer up front with Fash looks a good pairing & Ross Lennie looks a real prospect. Very encouraging signs in my opinion

Fash and Lennie, agreed Falconer not for me, u19 at a push but right to play him in these games. Have seen the young keeper last season at the Rangers game beat 5-1 he kept to 5 some great saves from Hutton, Kyle and a pen fae Kyle. next time was near end of season against Livi 1- 1 that was all the full time youth and some 19s against a very strong Livi including the Jacobs boys again made two top top saves and a umber of good saves. So much so the Livi chairman ma mention of it at the end of the game.

Watched a couple of games at Kelty and at Hill o Beath where I was surprised he played believe he is/was on loan. Beath hadn't won a game 1-1 draw at Kelty couple of great saves to keep it that way and a win at Carnoustie. Unfortunately I can't say if he there or not have been working over the last couple of weekends. Beath though haven't Lost since he was in goal and the winning begun, believe Stewarty is back in now tho good keeper but too small.

In my opinion he should get a chance to show what he has if he has what's needed, it part of youth development and give him a run with the boys he trains with day in day out. But that's what fit a is about opinions. I have mine others have there's.