Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Tickets for Rangers game

Can someone please clarify this for me. I`m a season ticket holder with a reserved seat. Am i still guaranteed my seat as i am led to believe that i have to exchange my season ticket for a match ticket. Not too keen on giving up my seat tbh.

Re: Tickets for Rangers game

Confused
Can someone please clarify this for me. I`m a season ticket holder with a reserved seat. Am i still guaranteed my seat as i am led to believe that i have to exchange my season ticket for a match ticket. Not too keen on giving up my seat tbh.

Hi mate, this is an UNOFFICIAL East Fife website , be best to contact the club for the answer to your question . Have you tried that yet ? can you let us know the answer ? cheers mate ?

mr305
Confused

Hi mate, this is an UNOFFICIAL East Fife website , be best to contact the club for the answer to your question . Have you tried that yet ? can you let us know the answer ? cheers mate ?

Sorry mate, but i`m going abroad in the morning mate and won`t manage to contact the club while i`m away mate. Unfortunately, I didn`t know the situation regarding the tickets until minutes before i posted mate, hence why i didn`t phone the club (after 5pm mate)

Won`t be able to let you know the answer mate as i will be away but one thing i do know is that you are a prick.

Cheers mate.

Confused you will be able to have your seat. When you go down to the club with your season ticket they will exchange it for a ticket with your own seat number hope this helps

Confused

As I understand it, there is a deadline of Friday for season ticket holders (who have already paid for their seat) to book their (reserved)seat.. If they don't book their seat the club would like to sell it on (again) ...potentially to a rangers fan.

Makes perfect sense ..... much simpler than just sending out the match ticket to season ticket holders

There will be a lot of old fans who don't use the net completely unaware of this.

Confused
mr305
Confused

Sorry mate, but i`m going abroad in the morning mate and won`t manage to contact the club while i`m away mate. Unfortunately, I didn`t know the situation regarding the tickets until minutes before i posted mate, hence why i didn`t phone the club (after 5pm mate)

Won`t be able to let you know the answer mate as i will be away but one thing i do know is that you are a prick.

Cheers mate.

god I spat out my coffee when I read that.

Did we not go through all this already this season or am I having deja vu?

I have a ticket in my season ticket book for my reserved seat which has a reserved sticker on it. What more needs to be done, for crissakes. It works for every other game. What's the difference?

As they say on Dragon's Den, they're solving a problem that doesn't exist (and being piss-poor at communicating it come to that).

KotS

I have a ticket in my season ticket book for my reserved seat which has a reserved sticker on it. What more needs to be done, for crissakes. It works for every other game. What's the difference?

As they say on Dragon's Den, they're solving a problem that doesn't exist (and being piss-poor at communicating it come to that).

I agree,what the hell is this about? It's the first I have heard of this. So let me get this right,you buy a season ticket to reserve your seat for the season,but come the big games you have to go out of your way to travel to Bayview (an hour each way for me) to exchange your already paid for and reserved seat season ticket,for an actual ticket for the match? What a farce!

And if you don't jump through these hoops by Friday your ticket may be sold on!

Someone's made an error here - I suggest they fix it pronto.

Here is the article from the official website, also if you phone the club they will post your ticket out if you stay to far away.

Rangers Game Saturday 26th October

Priority Purchase Arrangements

For ONE week only Season Tickets holders and members of the Supporters Trust and the Supporters Club will have priority booking for the Rangers match until Friday 11th October.

In addition they will be able to buy additional tickets for the match which must be ordered and paid for by 16.00 on Friday 11th October.

Please note that if you buy additional tickets it may not be possible to have your own usual seat.

Tickets will be on general sale for the East Fife section only after the 11th October.

They are also saying that if you wish to buy additional tickets for friends and family and want to sit next to them you might not get your own seat simples

Why?
KotS

I agree,what the hell is this about? It's the first I have heard of this. So let me get this right,you buy a season ticket to reserve your seat for the season,but come the big games you have to go out of your way to travel to Bayview (an hour each way for me) to exchange your already paid for and reserved seat season ticket,for an actual ticket for the match? What a farce!

Did Rangers season ticket holders have the same issue when we went through a couple of weeks ago?

Very simple
and if it means the club can sell an extra 2 tickets at £18 then BRAW !!!
if any problems ie travel etc just phone the club ? no worries

Re: Tickets for Rangers gameth

Dougie Hope
Very simple
and if it means the club can sell an extra 2 tickets at £18 then BRAW !!!
if any problems ie travel etc just phone the club ? no worries

With the increased capacity with the terracing can I get tickets for that rather than the stand? Will the home fans be allowed on the terracing? I bloody well hope so.

Re: Tickets for Rangers gameth

Nah sorry bud but we are getting the stand and the scum are out in the rain but btw we are getting the complete stand for ef fans x

Cazza
Here is the article from the official website, also if you phone the club they will post your ticket out if you stay to far away.

For ONE week only Season Tickets holders and members of the Supporters Trust and the Supporters Club will have priority booking for the Rangers match until Friday 11th October.

In addition they will be able to buy additional tickets for the match which must be ordered and paid for by 16.00 on Friday 11th October.

Please note that if you buy additional tickets it may not be possible to have your own usual seat.

Tickets will be on general sale for the East Fife section only after the 11th October.

They are also saying that if you wish to buy additional tickets for friends and family and want to sit next to them you might not get your own seat

simples

My point exactly , confused , why do you leave this inquiry , till now ? the day before you go abroad ? there is 3 weeks till the Rangers game, will you be out the country till then ? you won't be able to contact the club ? Where are you going the f@ckin MOON ? I think we know who the PRICK IS ?

Cazza

They are also saying that if you wish to buy additional tickets for friends and family and want to sit next to them you might not get your own seat simples

Maybe you think it's 'simples' but on the official website it says nothing about posting tickets out to ST holders. All it says is we have till Friday to priority book our tickets. What other club in the UK faffs about like this? Did Sunderland make their fans do this yesterday for the visit of Man U,have Ayr Utd made their fans jump through hoops for the game today? No,didn't think so.

mr305
Cazza

They are also saying that if you wish to buy additional tickets for friends and family and want to sit next to them you might not get your own seat

simples

My point exactly , confused , why do you leave this inquiry , till now ? the day before you go abroad ? there is 3 weeks till the Rangers game, will you be out the country till then ? you won't be able to contact the club ? Where are you going the f@ckin MOON ? I think we know who the PRICK IS ?

I am still undecided...