Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
latest

1-0 stenny. gemmell penalty

Re: latest

and all the teams below us are all winning as it stands we will be bottom of the league.

1-1

Well we are bottom but on the other hand our first away goal, first away point and only 3 points off a play-off place.

Half-full or half-empty?

Grim Reaper
Well we are bottom but on the other hand our first away goal, first away point and only 3 points off a play-off place.

Half-full or half-empty?

I think it has to be half full! Really good result against a team that, last week apart, have been going great guns. Big game next week before 2 toughies.

The three points off a playoff spot, getting a point on an artificial pitch and coming from behind to get it all have to be taken as positives I feel.

Onwards and upwards.

Next few games will see how strong the squad is, including the Rangers game if we improve on the last hammering.

Stenny are a team of bruisers. Their tactics in the first half was punt, punt, punt to Gemmel. This tactic with the wind behind them seemed to work, but credit the the defence and the defending of the whole team we kept them out.
We were the team playing the football and our goal came from a good passing move.
Second half we continued to pass the ball and had a couple of chances to score.
In the end they probably shaded it but some gritty performances in what could only be described as a scrappy game.
Well done to the team. I would have taken a point before the game.

Good point .... Good support... Stevie Campbell was awesome today...mom
by a country mile.... Ps stewards were fuds!

Football and class will tell over hammer throwers like Stenny in the end

The Dude
Football and class will tell over hammer throwers like Stenny in the end

This is the first time I have ever posted and have just driven back from stenny and had my tea. There was a wee tet-a-tet between some supporters who had had a drink and the stewards, it was getting a bit heated but i could not believe two directors of the club and NTOC were standing smirking as this all went on. The young lad who helps with the kit was there as well adding his tuppenceworth. These people represent the club / trust and should have been trying to solve the problem rather than having a laugh at the stewards expense no matter how stupid the problem was, they were bringing the club into disrepute and should be talked to by the chairman. Apart from that it was a good workmanlike performance with an awesome game by Stevie Campbell, don't get to excited though we don't look like we are going up the league in a hurry, our management team don't look like they have a clue how to turn things around, lots of great talk but up till now concrete action.

As this was your first post Wee Willie (fnarr fnarr) it would be much appreciated if you would make it your last,you cretin.

Trollhunter
As this was your first post Wee Willie (fnarr fnarr) it would be much appreciated if you would make it your last,you cretin.

I am only posting my opinion the same as others on the site, who are you anyway the "E" traffic police? No you are a fud

Nice reply for only your 2nd post online :-)

Wee Willie ffs get a grip. As yer name suggests you r a right little prick!

You east fife boys truly are a bunch o twats, you never fail to make a proper got of yourselves on this hahahaha

got to agree wi penpal all they did was punt the ball up to that moaning arse hole Gemmill all day,ok they had a couple chances near the end but I thought we were the better football team through out,Stevie Campbell was amense at the back...