Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rangers Match Tickets: Some Q n A

Rangers Match Tickets: Some Answers

Some fans have asked questions about the ticketing arrangements for the Rangers match on October 26th so here are some more details. Thanks to Jean, Joyce and the others who raised these questions at Ochilview on Saturday or on Facebook/Twitter

I’m a season ticket holder. Why do I need a separate ticket? Why can’t I just use my normal ST voucher?
The police have instructed that all people going to the match must have a separate ticket for that game only. The club have to follow their instructions. We have no say in the matter.

I’m a season ticket holder. Do I have to claim my ticket by Friday 11th to get my own seat?
No. If you’re already a season ticket holder your normal seat will be there for you to claim until match day. We are not sure at this stage if we will be allowed to sell tickets on the day itself so to be safe claim your normal ticket by 16.00 on Friday October 25th.

I’m a season ticket holder and I live a good bit away from Bayview. Do I have to claim my match ticket in person?
No. You can contact the club (01333 426323) and once we’ve confirmed your details we’ll post the tickets out.

How much are the tickets?
Home tickets are £18.00 with £8 for concessions. Remember season ticket holders have already paid for theirs. They won’t have to pay for their actual matchday ticket.

What’s the deadline of October the 11th for?
The club has been given permission to allow known supporters to buy extra tickets. But we can only do this for a short time – until October 11th.

So who can buy extra tickets?
Our supporters who are members of the Supporters’ Trust, members of the Supporters Club or who hold a season ticket can buy additional tickets until 16.00 on Friday October 11th

How many additional tickets can I buy?
We have not set a maximum as yet but each person buying them must confirm they will be responsible for the behaviour of their guests to ensure the wrong people do not get access to the wrong section of the crowd.

My pal’s a Rangers supporter. Can he buy tickets from East Fife?
No. Away supporters can only buy tickets from Rangers.

Has the club been able to increase the ground capacity?
Yes. If you’re down at Bayview you’ll see some pretty pink scaffolding going up behind the goals and alongside the opposite side of the pitch. This will create additional standing terracing capacity for 3500 supporters for away fans only.

Great! Does that mean we’ll be able to stand at every match?
Unfortunately no. The conditions mean we have to get permission every time we use it and that involves costs for inspection and certification which means it would not be financially worthwhile.

We hope as many of our fans and their friends will get along to Bayview on October 26th. The Rangers match will be the biggest we’ve ever staged so far at New Bayview and we hope we’ll have a full house for what will be a great occasion.

If you’ve any other questions please just contact us on office@eastfifefc.info or call 01333 426323 and we’ll be happy to help.

Re: Rangers Match Tickets: Some Q n A

Why an increase of £18.00 to get in?

Cheers Eugene.

A question about the new terracing though: how come every other club in Scotland that's ever put up temporary stands can actually use them at every home game and we've somehow ended up in the position where we can't?

Shame about not being able to stand for regular matches. I presume then that the temp terracing will only be used for the Rangers games?

Raises the question again though, will East Fife fans ever get to stand at a home match?

Fifer
Why an increase of £18.00 to get in?

To max the revenue to increase the playing budget.

One of the draw backs of capitalism.

If you want to start a communist resolution I'll be right behind you.

Eugene Clarke

And time to get new pals.

Can i clarify it is £8 for concessions. If so does that include pensioners and if that should be the fact why are they charged £10 for all other games

Please watch the concession gates,
If it is £8 as stated,this may lead to misuse by home and away supporters.
Have banged on about this before but nothing seems to be done,
Put on a steward at these gates /or someone from the club and just see who are entering illegally.

Re: Rangers Match Tickets: Some Q n A Additions

Soory but I missed out a line in my original post about prices. I've also added an explanation of postage costs.

What about postage costs?

We strongly recommend using special recorded delivery (£1.65 extra) as any tickets that go missing cannot be replaced. If a supporter chooses normal post and the tickets go missing we cannot replace them

How much are the tickets?

Home tickets are £18.00 with £15 for adult concession and £8 for child concessions. Remember season ticket holders have already paid for theirs. They won’t have to pay for their actual matchday ticket.

Are the club going to state 'any Rangers fans in the EF stand will be ejected from the ground'? We all know the type of supporter they attract,and if any of them are sitting near me and start slagging off my team,or any of the bile that they call songs starts,I will not be quiet about it. This has the potential to have a nasty atmosphere,and not the party carnival that EF want.

A wee bit of hindsight
Are the club going to state 'any Rangers fans in the EF stand will be ejected from the ground'? We all know the type of supporter they attract,and if any of them are sitting near me and start slagging off my team,or any of the bile that they call songs starts,I will not be quiet about it. This has the potential to have a nasty atmosphere,and not the party carnival that EF want.

I only see insults going in the direction of the opposition fans on this forum so far. If you and others keep it up, will anybody be surprised if the opposition fans take exception to these comments and go to the game thinking all us EF fans are spoiling for a fight?

Nae need for the insults to their supporters. Was there any hassle at Ibrox, where any EF supporters felt threatened? I was there (wearing EF colours) and didn't feel threatened in the slightest.

Unfortunately I was not in a position to purchase a season ticket and now feel aggrieved I am to be penalised because of my financial standing. I do attend all home games and would ask the board to review the pricing for loyal supporters like myself. I cannot say I am happy sitting in the stand paying 27% more than the next man. In fact I will choose not to attend as a point of principle.

Noisy crossbar
Eugene Clarke

And time to get new pals.

Think it's great the board have put temporary stands in to accommodate all the local gloryhunters, pity it's only for 2 games and we Fife fans won't get to use it. I'm shocked about the price increase tho! £18? it's a normal league game against a team that happens to have a huge support yet I'm expected to pay an extra £5 to get in? I'm struggling to afford to go to games as it is so cheers for that.

Can't believe our own fans moan about the club trying to make a bit extra revenue from this match - if u don't go fine, plenty others will buy tickets

Going to the rangers game
Can't believe our own fans moan about the club trying to make a bit extra revenue from this match - if u don't go fine, plenty others will buy tickets
Plenty others will buy tickets? Aye, Newco fans!! If we were getting to use the temporary standing area then I wouldn't mind paying extra to cover costs but I'm not so why should a pay extra?

Extra policing,stewarding, gate people (obviously will have to build temporary entrance gates) same for pie stands.Costs of safety certificates, building stands and terracing are just a few of the additional costs that mean an increase in ticket prices. Personally i cant see how the club will make a fortune from these two games. Only hope is we get promoted through the play offs and we can use the temporary stands again next season

I'd have liked to have seen a loyalty scheme for non st holders.
How about supportersclub members getting a ticket at standard prices

Or even a two game package for Ayr on Sat and Newco for 25 quid.
Maybe get more bums on seats for Saturday.

£18 is a bargain. Where else could you be within touching distance of so may soccer millionaires for £18.... apart from Barcalona, Bayern Munich,Real Madrid etc etc...the Pars?

My Q is how much are the away fans getting charged. I would have liked us to charge them a straight £20 for the main stand away section and the same price at away fans are charged at Ibrox for the new stand terracing. Oh and please put 1000watts of amps either side of them with Telstar on loop to make them feel as welcome as we were at Ibrox.
Perhaps I'm being harsh as Ally will be feeling the pinch when he drops to 8 grand a week and Nicky Law is living off leftovers on 4grand a week.Can I suggest a meter on the showers and leccky in the away dressing room though?

Cheers

NIna and The Neurons
£18 is a bargain. Where else could you be within touching distance of so may soccer millionaires for £18.... apart from Barcalona, Bayern Munich,Real Madrid etc etc...the Pars?

My Q is how much are the away fans getting charged. I would have liked us to charge them a straight £20 for the main stand away section and the same price at away fans are charged at Ibrox for the new stand terracing. Oh and please put 1000watts of amps either side of them with Telstar on loop to make them feel as welcome as we were at Ibrox.
Perhaps I'm being harsh as Ally will be feeling the pinch when he drops to 8 grand a week and Nicky Law is living off leftovers on 4grand a week.Can I suggest a meter on the showers and leccky in the away dressing room though?

Cheers