Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
16th November v Stranraer

The Club has invited the East Fife promotion winning squad from season 1970-71 to attend the Stranraer game on 16th November to have lunch & meet the fans.
Due to some fantastic investigative work we have managed to make contact with every player who wore the black & gold that season & have extended an invitation to every one of them.
This squad was the last to win promotion into the top tier of Scottish football & their achievement has never truely been acknowledged by the Club & we feel that this would be a great way of putting that to right.
To those of a certain vintage (me included) these guys were heroes so if you can please come along & give them a cheer when they are introduced on the pitch at half time.
Some true legends
Gorman, Soutar, Clarke, McQuade, Borthwick, Martis, Cairns, Miller, Bernard, Finlayson, Hughes, Honeyman, McPhee, Jamieson, Brown, McNicol, Dailey & of course manager Pat Quinn

Re: 16th November v Stranraer

Superb.

Season 1970-71 brings mixed emotions to me. I had watched Esst Fife mostly at home, but did attend a few away games from approximately 1963 but in 1970 I joined the army and in 1971 the Fife gained promotion to the top division.I was able to see only a few games when home on leave but remember the new year victory 2-0 against Hibs who had a few good players at that time, and the Texaco cup game against Burnley, which I think we were 2 up but eventually lost 3-2 after getting humped in the first leg.

is pat quin still alive not heard of him in manys a year