Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dunfermline game

Maybe one for Eugene or someone to check out.

was told today at work that east fife fans will be in the North East stand, opposite the main stand, next week

Also informed that it is more than likely that there will be no cash turnstiles and that you have to buy a ticket, either prior to or on the day at the ticket office then use that to get in.

Just dont want any confusion at east end park, which has happenef in the past.

This came from a reliable pars fan. They have done this all season at east end

Re: Dunfermline game

It is all ticket and info on www.dafc.co.uk

Away Support prices are:
Adults £15, Concessions £10, Under 12's £5

Away fans will be housed in the South East Wing Stand and will be able to buy tickets at turnstiles J & K

Unless they are liquidated before then

So its not pay at the gate you MUST buy a ticket first . But then you buy the tickets from the turnstile on the day of game so this then makes it a complete nonsense. Bout time these big-headed small penis folk went down another division ...

Nothing ever easy in Scottish football is it? How hard would it be just to turn up at the gate and pay? Fook me!

The no cash gate must be a response to earlier problems at cash gates, by no means peculiar to Dunfy but in order to keep tabs on the money it must have been deemed necessary.

As S-Pat says Dunflum are not the only club with this system.QOS did this at both matches last season,there were no problems at all,but EF will have a far bigger travelling support for a local derby,so????

So employ people you can trust and treat the fans to 1 q to get in and not 2

For a club in trouble, with a big ground, this is just plain daft! I'm not 100% sure I can make i yet. Do I buy a ticket anyway, in the hope of get one of 7000 spare seats?
How many people who may have went along will just not bother going because of this?
Nae wonder they're going down the swanney.

... if anyone has crasped what is actually going to happen here?
You don't buy your ticket in advance, you go to their ticket office on arrival at the game, pay for & receive your ticket then go to the turnstiles & hand over your ticket then hey presto you're inside the ground! Simples!
The bottom line is that the larger stadia do not have turnstiles that accept money! I believe this system was actually in use when we played at EEP in the friendly at the start of last season so its not exactly new!

.... but there's nothing really to moan about with East Fife just now!

How far is it to walk between the ticket office and the turnstyles ?
After I buy my ticket will there be a toilet before I reach the turnstyle ?

p.s. what is a turnstyle which can't accept money ?

Not The Other Chairman
How far is it to walk between the ticket office and the turnstyles ?
After I buy my ticket will there be a toilet before I reach the turnstyle ?

p.s. what is a turnstyle which can't accept money ?