Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Latest Score

East Fife 0 Ayr 1 after 29 mins.

S. Durie Yellow card at 5 mins.

Re: Latest Score

Ouch now 2-0 Ayr.

Now 2-1 Ayr Buchanan Pen.

Thanks for this Big Rab

3-1 now sack the manager and the board a fucking shambles.

Ah'm sorry ma prediction wiz a wee bit oot,ah didnae see your lot scoring and my lot should have had five.Still fower ane is better than wan wan eh.See yuo at Somerset an weil gie yiz a goal o a start eh.

Wasn't at game as had golf comp. Hope we didn't play as bad as score would suggest? Quite embarrassing to be sat at bottom of table after the cash that's been spent. Things looking great off the park but results have been terrible and ultimately the blame will go to manager. Will Aitchison survive this result? I wouldn't have thought so.

That is very hard to watch out fought and out muscled for 90 minutes. Throw in cheap goals the opposition do not even have to work for, and it only begins to tell a sorry story. We had 75% OF possession 2nd half and could have played until next week and not scored in open play. Some players should just put their hand up and admit they are way out of their depth. Only thing I can grasp at is stoney will be the only midfield player in our line up next week. Felt sorry for Buchanan tried his heart out while some around him couldn't give a flying f--K. Same as the Forfar game team that wanted it the most got the 3 points they deserved.

Bitterly disappointed today. Where was Stephen Hughes??
We gifted them at least 3 goals by slacking passing and not closing them down, inviting them to shoot. Hats off to them for some great finishing. Where do we go now though will Willie be asked to stand down? The team did create some chances today but were sloppy in closing Ayr down, is this willies fault? It is a results business though so I guess if the board are as p!ssed off as the fans sitting bottom just now then there may only be one answer.

It`s the same bunch of players puting in a shift, week in week out and the rest are going through the motions. We are bottom of the league and deservedly so. Time and time again, opposition goalkeepers have hardly a save to make when they play us.

Aitchison has had his chance and I believe it`s now time to bring in an experienced manager who will command respect from the players.

Not only are some players out of their depth the manager is too I'm sorry to say. I really think it's time for the Board to admit that they got it wrong with appointing Willie Aitchison. There will be no shortage of experienced guys willing to come here to manage, so let's do it now while there is still a chance of us doing something this season.

I'm bitterly disappointed with the on-field performances. They are falling a long way short of what is happening off the field.

It's great that the Board are getting a lot of things right off the park and they should be commended for that. They must now do another right thing by taking the big step of changing the Manager. I have backed Willie Aitchison since he was appointed and felt the Football he was trying to get us playing was admirable but it's results that count and need to learn to win ugly. Today I sat watching the game and asking myself if I could see any progress being made but unfortunately the answer was 'no' We are making the same mistakes week after week. He has built his own squad of players as we had none when he was appointed. Unfortunately some of these players have shown themselves to have neither the ability nor the desire despite some of them training full time. I'm not saying that any player deliberately goes on the park to play badly but we do not have enough 'winners' who will go in fully committed to 50/50 challenges and show the required desire and determination to win the ball. Ayr showed today they have these qualities in abundance and how it can benefit a team and get results.
Does the Manager have the backing of the players ? Only the players can answer that but hearing a player slagging the Manager at the stadium shows everything is not well.
As has been mentioned already, I'm sure there would be a few experienced managers more than keen to take over the reigns. Hopefully the Board make the right decision soon before we become detached at the bottom of the League.

Bayviewboy
It's great that the Board are getting a lot of things right off the park and they should be commended for that. They must now do another right thing by taking the big step of changing the Manager. I have backed Willie Aitchison since he was appointed and felt the Football he was trying to get us playing was admirable but it's results that count and need to learn to win ugly. Today I sat watching the game and asking myself if I could see any progress being made but unfortunately the answer was 'no' We are making the same mistakes week after week. He has built his own squad of players as we had none when he was appointed. Unfortunately some of these players have shown themselves to have neither the ability nor the desire despite some of them training full time. I'm not saying that any player deliberately goes on the park to play badly but we do not have enough 'winners' who will go in fully committed to 50/50 challenges and show the required desire and determination to win the ball. Ayr showed today they have these qualities in abundance and how it can benefit a team and get results.
Does the Manager have the backing of the players ? Only the players can answer that but hearing a player slagging the Manager at the stadium shows everything is not well.
As has been mentioned already, I'm sure there would be a few experienced managers more than keen to take over the reigns. Hopefully the Board make the right decision soon before we become detached at the bottom of the League.

Hear Hear Bayview Boy... Hopefully change soon!

In mr Aitchisons defence he was unable to play the team that had done ok in the last fortnight. However he has played certain guys in midfield a few times and they have let him and the team down time and time again. Has he learned today that they will never cut it at this level. Only he can look in the mirror and answer that. He was brave taking McBride of early who was having a horror show. Durie should have been hooked as well as he had a horror showing, maybe down to early booking. However every body has a bad day in the office. But some players have contributed the square root of nothing all season. I suggest they are shown the door or the manager will have to pay the price. You cant defend that today if that is guys being coached full time then something is wrong. He has the basis of a decent team thom, Campbell, Neilson, Stonie, naysmith, hopefully hughes, buchanan and clark. However some of his signings would be lucky to cut it at the top end of junior football. I really hope he has learned a lesson today that some of these poor signings cannot let him and the team down again.

Tam
It`s the same bunch of players puting in a shift, week in week out and the rest are going through the motions. We are bottom of the league and deservedly so. Time and time again, opposition goalkeepers have hardly a save to make when they play us.

Aitchison has had his chance and I believe it`s now time to bring in an experienced manager who will command respect from the players.

Got to agree with Tam regards the goalkeepers...
We had 2 really good chances to put the ball in the back of the net today, one in either half, and didn't test the keeper. (surprisingly from 2 of our best players).
Got to be a bit more clinical in front of goal.
Not in the habit of slagging our players (or manager) so I'll not.

To the manager :-McBride had a nightmare today- crowd at him all the time- a player knows it himself if he's bad- but for man management point would it not have been better if the manager didn't take him off a minute before half time and left it till half time and he didn't come out second half? That would have risked then a lot of negative comments - which there were but thankfuly not to many and he got his applause or why not do it earlier as it was obvious it was not his day?.

sickened
It certainly doesn`t help when one of our full time "players" who was out injured today, slags the manager to a Dunfermline player who was at the game and also posts hahahahaha on Twitter to other ef players.
Maybe the Twitter post meant something else but it didn`t read very well.

It does not help but it is happening more often. The manager is not respected by all the players. This is not going to improve, the die is cast. Time to acknowledge a mistake has been made and start planning a better future today, not at Christmas.

I agree with all negative sentiments that have been discussed here but really need to say - Moosavi, why is he involved, he's like a 3 year old in a 10ft pool. ANYONE could have done a better job.

See it's all kicking off on Twitter with Stevie Hislop having a pop.

kinnel

what's he saying?

Big Fifer
I agree with all negative sentiments that have been discussed here but really need to say - Moosavi, why is he involved, he's like a 3 year old in a 10ft pool. ANYONE could have done a better job.

Moosavi is a junior player and the Stewart boys are third division players

kinnel

Is he still going on about East Fife? obsessed.

WullieBroonIsGod
kinnel

what's he saying?

Saying he feels sorry for the true East Fife fans and how this current board are taking the piss.

Kinnel
WullieBroonIsGod
kinnel

what's he saying?

Saying he feels sorry for the true East Fife fans and how this current board are taking the piss.

What the fuck would he know about the current board? Most of us are pissed off with the results and performances on the park but a lot of good work has been done off it.

Wtf would Stevie hislop know. Guy is an attention seeking arse commenting in stuff he doesn't know

Hislop has the worst case of sour grapes ever. He was useless at East Fife. "The current board are taking the piss"???? I'd say the current board have done more in the last few months than previous boards have done in years.
Hislop - No one cares what you think. You were a very average footballer who thought he was better than what you were - now concentrate on whatever backwater junior club you are at now

Bazza
Hislop has the worst case of sour grapes ever. He was useless at East Fife. "The current board are taking the piss"???? I'd say the current board have done more in the last few months than previous boards have done in years.
Hislop - No one cares what you think. You were a very average footballer who thought he was better than what you were - now concentrate on whatever backwater junior club you are at now

And if you state this on twitter replying to him,all he does is delete you ha

Aye your current boards doing well,you'll be a third division side next season and I for one will enjoy your demise.Black and yellow kack.