Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Same Rules Apply

Due to a combination of factors which include industrial amounts of nappies and snotters I've missed putting anything in the last few programmes.

I just thought I stick this bit from last season up again which was written when we were deep in the shite of a relegation battle. At the time it got a bit of good feedback form supporters old and new and even a few players.

With due respect and acknowledgements to Irvine Welsh.

Choose Fife...

Choose Tommy Fitzpatrick, the first East Fife Captain to lift a trophy. Choose Dom Currie finishing a shift at the Wellesley Pit to face Celtic in the Scottish Cup, Choose Doctor Deucher coming off a nightshift to bang in a goal at Cappielow. Choose Henry Morris’s Scotland hat- trick hero. Choose having to graft for every wee success, choose getting knocked down and getting up and laughing it off, choose Div Muir playing 75 minutes at Pittodrie with a dead leg and still being man of the match.
Choose marching on the ground, and standing on the mound to save our club, choose cycling to Glasgow for the cup final.
Choose Cazza FM, 1938 Travel, BURGER trains, planes and automobiles; choose £42 to Dumfries via Carlisle. Choose Big George’s “WE SHALL PREVAIL”, choose My Garden Shed. Choose Davie McLean, Jerry Dawson, Scott Symon, Davie Clark, Steve Archibald. Choose Mr David Baikie our most recent championship manager.

Choose winning 3-2 at Gretna, a last minute promotion, Craig O’Reillys Love Street wonder goal. Choose Carpets not Lino. Choose a team of Jonny Smarts, Love tearing them apart, Robert Scott scoring goals for fun, choose beating the Pars. ..regularly.

I chose Fife. I chose not to subscribe to the warped green blue monopoly that strangles Scottish football and defines a fan by a TV subscription and the purchase of a replica shirt. I chose not to care about what Man City or Arsenal or Chelsea are doing. I chose to stand alongside the folk that keep us going not for cash or glory or fame but because it’s in the blood and the brain and the heart.
I chose one fantastic high for every hundred lows and loved every minute. I chose East Fife Football Club.

Re: Same Rules Apply

Well said the Sparkster!

-

Choose competing with wee'er teams than us.

Choose not being needlessly shite for another 25 years.

Choose going from the bottom league to the second tier in 2 seasons like Cowdung and Dumbarton.

Choose not to accept consolodation every season.

Choose black and gold stripes every season without question.

Choose being in cups and not bottom of the league already.

Choose a manager who is worthy and able to lead East Fife Football Club.

Don't choose to accept relegation.

yuo lot will never do what we did in two seasons.
By all means chose your stripes but remember they are only black and yellow for the stripe that runs down your teams back.

cowdengelly
yuo lot will never do what we did in two seasons.
By all means chose your stripes but remember they are only black and yellow for the stripe that runs down your teams back.

You can barely even speak English.