Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The case for change

I’m not one for shouting for the manager to be sacked after a few bad games. I never called for Brown, Robertson, Crawford or Baikie to go. But I do feel that it is time for Atchison to step aside. I really hoped his appointment would have been a success but I feel we’ve seen enough to conclude that results won’t come for him.

The squad that we have is capable of competing for promotion but unfortunately the manager is not. We have players with EPL, SPL and international experience and a manager with none. The wages of the experienced professionals in the squad are being wasted if we are not competing for the playoffs.This mix was always a gamble and it’s a gamble that is not going to payoff.

The time for change is now. At this point in the season we still have the chance to compete for the playoffs…..but every game with the wrong manager at the helm it makes it 3 points harder for the new manager.

The work off the pitch has been tremendous. 400+ season tickets……. but this risks being undone unless results improve. How many of those 400 are likely to renew if the season continues as it is?

Promotion is achievable this season. And in the playoffs we’d likely face Dumbarton, Alloa or cowden – all teams we can compete with. And the prize is huge – 2 more sold out games against Servco….another 2 against Hearts….2 against the rovers and big crowds from Dundee and Falkirk. Would be a shame to loose out on the extra revenue opportunities that that the new capacity bayview offers.

This is the first big test for the new board. It’s a tough decision, particularly given friendships are involved… but the club comes first action is required.

Re: The case for change

Noisy Crossbar
I’m not one for shouting for the manager to be sacked after a few bad games. I never called for Brown, Robertson, Crawford or Baikie to go. But I do feel that it is time for Atchison to step aside. I really hoped his appointment would have been a success but I feel we’ve seen enough to conclude that results won’t come for him.

The squad that we have is capable of competing for promotion but unfortunately the manager is not. We have players with EPL, SPL and international experience and a manager with none. The wages of the experienced professionals in the squad are being wasted if we are not competing for the playoffs.This mix was always a gamble and it’s a gamble that is not going to payoff.

The time for change is now. At this point in the season we still have the chance to compete for the playoffs…..but every game with the wrong manager at the helm it makes it 3 points harder for the new manager.

The work off the pitch has been tremendous. 400+ season tickets……. but this risks being undone unless results improve. How many of those 400 are likely to renew if the season continues as it is?

Promotion is achievable this season. And in the playoffs we’d likely face Dumbarton, Alloa or cowden – all teams we can compete with. And the prize is huge – 2 more sold out games against Servco….another 2 against Hearts….2 against the rovers and big crowds from Dundee and Falkirk. Would be a shame to loose out on the extra revenue opportunities that that the new capacity bayview offers.

This is the first big test for the new board. It’s a tough decision, particularly given friendships are involved… but the club comes first action is required.

Well said. Couldnt disagree with anything you have written

Good post. I was going to do a similar one the other night about whether the next 2 games define Willie's future. That's mainly because I am really worried we take 0/6, allowing the other teams to move away from us.

We are 9 games into the season out of 36, we are in touching distance off all of our main competitors and only 6 points off the playoffs at the right end of the table.

Yes the next two games will be tough and that position may have changed in 2 weeks, but as it stands it would be beyond ridiculous if Aitchison was shown the door! I've said it on here, p&b and twitter god knows how many times now this season, we will improve under the current management.

Why get rid of him and have to start from scratch again? Lets not forget we were in the same position last season and decided to bring in Brown half way through the season and that done us a lot of favours.

Like you said we do have a squad that compete with the better teams in this league and it's only a matter of time before we do. We're not far away from giving someone a hiding and when it comes we will turn the corner big time.

Just get behind him and the team and see what happens. Oh and for the record, I reckon we'll be 4 points better off in 2weeks time.

"Not far away from giving someone a hiding"

You're just as deluded as Willie!

We never look like scoring 1 never mind giving someone a hiding The only player that ever looks like scoring is Buchanan.

Sorry but that statement is laughable. I do agree that 9 games is a short period of time but in this instance it's time to go! The opening poster is 100% correct.

Only 9 games in, but also out of both cups that we've played in so far, both in the first round.

Noisy Crossbar

100% agree with that. Aitchison was a gamble that has backfired and the club cannot gamble again by giving him more time. The players are there but unfortunately the manager isn`t.

Andy -

I don't think it's the points thing that's worrying people. Well, it certainly hasn't been for me.

It's been the performances on the pitch. The games we've lost, we've been beaten comfortably. The two games we've actually won were scrapping it through (backs to the wall against ten man Arbroath, wasn't at the Airdrie game so can't comment). And we may have had chances in our draw with Stenny but they whacked our woodwork at least twice during that game.

DLA
Noisy Crossbar

100% agree with that. Aitchison was a gamble that has backfired and the club cannot gamble again by giving him more time. The players are there but unfortunately the manager isn`t.

Got to agree, NC,BF,BBM,EH and DLA got it spot on, if we do something now we have a chance of the playoffs if we dither it will be too late. If the teams around us pick up a few points we could be in trouble. We are lucky at the moment some of them are nearly as bad as us. I am sure Andrew Miller like us all want the points but 4 out of 6 for our next two games is more a pipe dream than reality. Can't knock him for wishing though.

The fact that Andy Miller thinks we will get 4 points from the next two games is evidence that he is clueless.

Get your head out of the clouds and face facts before it is too late! Aitchison isn't cut out for the job. Anyone can see that.

stop being deluded
The fact that Andy Miller thinks we will get 4 points from the next two games is evidence that he is clueless.

Get your head out of the clouds and face facts before it is too late! Aitchison isn't cut out for the job. Anyone can see that.

Just as much as anyone can see we are 6 points off the playoffs & 1 win away from jumping to 7th. You'd think the league ended in a month the way people on here talk.

Since everyone seems to think Aitchison isn't upto the task, out of curiosity who would you have as manager if we did sack him?

If you ask me you are delusional to think that changing the management will fix anything.

Oh and one last thing, it's Andrew. Not Andy

I would be over the moon with 1 point from the next two games,but sadly I don't think we will get even that.

Andrew Miller

Since everyone seems to think Aitchison isn't upto the task, out of curiosity who would you have as manager if we did sack him?

If you ask me you are delusional to think that changing the management will fix anything.

Andy - I'd like Christian Daily, David Weir, Jimmy Calderwood, Gary Naismith, Kenny sheilds, Paul Sheerin, Grant Murray, Stevie Archibald, Paulo dicanio, Craig levein, Peter Houston.

Oh... Or Hislop.

Noisy crossbar
Andrew Miller

Andy - I'd like Christian Daily, David Weir, Jimmy Calderwood, Gary Naismith, Kenny sheilds, Paul Sheerin, Grant Murray, Stevie Archibald, Paulo dicanio, Craig levein, Peter Houston.

Oh... Or Hislop.

Christian Dailly - Someone I wanted appointed after Brown. Not sure what he's doing with himself.
David Weir - Shown how bad he was at Sheff Utd
Jimmy Calderwood - Horrible manager/coach at all of his clubs apart from a few brief spells during his time at Pars and Aberdeen
Gary Naysmith - Just as inexperienced as Aitchison and the other guys we have appointed recently
Kenny Shiels - Doubt he would drop too this level after doing a fairly good job at Killie
Paul Sheerin - Not sure why he'd leave Arbroath and after last season I wouldn't really want him.
Grant Murray - Raith Rovers Grant Murray??? Never going to happen.
Steve Archibald - Would love that but again never going to happen, I'm sure he ruled it out on twitter not so long ago
Paolo DiCanio -
Craig Levein - Again, doubt he would drop down to this level even after his shambolic reign as Scotland coach
Peter Houston - Once again, why would he drop down to this level after doing well at Dundee Utd
Steven Hislop - Used to like him but wouldn't let him anywhere near our club again now. Sour Grapes everyweek from him and someone who slags the club as much as him wouldn't go down well.

I agree with all of your points if we are still in the same position come the 1st of December however I think it's stupid to chuck Aitchison after 9 games, results and performances have been below par but once it clicks, i'll say it again we'll more than compete with teams in this league and it won't be long before we thump someone.

Just out of curiosity, why have we to call you Andrew now?

Does it matter to you, Tommy?

I agree its time for change. the grounds keeper at bayview is not keeping that pitch up to scratch. No wonder results aren't going our way

stop being deluded

That's 3 out of 4 by the way.

And from the sounds of it Rangers didn't look to handy today! Bring on next week!

Out of all 3 cups at the first round, almost bottom of the league a third of the season in, worst goal difference in the league, 13-0 against Rangers already, a pretty decent quality of squad for this level but a poor, poor manager who is proving to be worse than we ever could've imagined.

Looking forward to the Alex Ferguson was given time shite. He had beaten Real Madrid to win a European Cup before he joined Man Utd. Oor Wullie can drive a mean taxi though.

Over to the cheerleaders.

CHANGE IT BEFORE WE'RE IN THE USUAL RELEGATION FIGHT. FUCKING NEEDLESS.

Lee Murray tweets "really sorry we let you down". Well it's time to do something about it and get us a proper manager. We have the squad now we need someone who knows what to do with it. We don't want another fiasco like last season.

he has never or never will be a manager at this level,its hilarious week in week out in his post match interviews,he says i dont understand its its been going great at training,im afraid to say you dont get results at training sessions its what you do on the park against the opposistion,im afraid if he continues in this role we will end up in the mire that is the 2nd division.and i do believe hes worst than billy brown,

Course it's going good in training. They're playing against each other so have week opposition!

Hard to see how anyone can still ask for him to get any more time.

One good win but clearly doesn't have what it takes and should never have been given the job in the first place.

Willie it's like this mate. We got in your cab, it was a new motor clean and tidy, you picked up our pals on the way we said take us to the bright lights we want a great night out, you stuck on the tunes cranked up the volume and we belted off into the darkness. With us believing you when you said I have the very place, a place where dreams are made, Burds every where each one better than the next. So we blissfully sing chat and finish our beers in the back of your taxi. Then through the steamed up windows we see lights and movement, unaware of the time where could we be for the night out, George street, or Dundee places full of pubs, life and action on a Saturday night. The door swings open we're here boys I'll pick you up at 2 where are we you ask Partners Cowdenbeath fuckin shite he drives off into the distance tooting his horn have a great one boys see you later. What do we do, catch a bus, call yer pals dad, start the long walk to anywhere just get out the town as quick as possible. Now we know another taxi driver so let's call him. Lee get us a cab out of here ASP. That's where we are you have a shite and I mean totally shite driver ruining your reputation you've started so well in many ways but the guys no got a clue Lee he really has not. He says oh but we've been close, aye that's because we have some decent players but they are not being lead correctly. Come on mate sort it oot

I`m sorry, but today was a joke. Yes, we had the lions share of possession but yet gain in the final 3rd, we were clueless.

Today we were playing against a team that was only 1 point above us in the league and we treated them with far too much respect. In my opinion, we have better players than them, so why play so bloody negative?

We got lucky against Dunfermline and it looked like Aitchison tried the same tactics against Forfar......WHY?????

Out of the 3 cups at the first hurdle and 2nd bottom of the league with one of the worst goal scoring records in Britain. That for me say`s that the manager has to go and go NOW!

Hard to believe that lot beat us yet again today! We played fitba, they hoofed the baw up the park. Having said that, in the first ha;f, for all our possession, we didn't really threaten their goal. In the second half we did, but still couldn't score, until were 2-0 down.

I am assuming injuries were the reason, but Andrews was in goals, Mcbride was left back, Durie right back, Campbell in midfield. Quite a major change in the team selection and formation. I think we played well enough, but were toothless up front and inevitably we went behind, instead of being in front that our general play deserved. We need a big striker up front to play alongside Buchanan, but Cedric wasn't even on the bench??

I don't know what is going on, but why is our team forever being changed? How many players are being injured and how many are simply being left out, or are some players not available every week? As far as I am aware, there was no mention of players unavailable due to injury, so why all the changes? We need more strength up front, as we just are not scoring with our present set up.

I think we all know we got beat because of our play in the final third, but what's the odds on clueless willie blaming it on changes and decisions going against us ? I feel we need a manager who will fully utilise the players he has to choose from and not hiring someone just because you are friends with them, john mcglyn would be for me.

Gary Naysmith was injured, Cedric Tutu was at a funeral no idea why Paterson was out. We played some decent football and competed very well compared to the other 2 games against Forfar. Forfar are no mugs and hilson and swankie will trouble any team. They are solid at the back but we didn't test them with Buchanan treading a lone furrow up top. Game changer Andrews has to see red for that challenge right through the back with a forearm smash. Thom got a red in cup tie at Forfar for a challenge less than that. Then Andrews assists with first goal. I am not to despondent if you think back to same time last year we got pumped 5 1 at Elgin all we had out was loan players. I don't think we are far away and I am confident we will turn the corner in the next two games. Only criticism like the rest of fans is in a one of cup tie why not have a go.

Time for a new East Fife Twitter hashtag

#TaxiForAitchison

Cr
I think we all know we got beat because of our play in the final third, but what's the odds on clueless willie blaming it on changes and decisions going against us ? I feel we need a manager who will fully utilise the players he has to choose from and not hiring someone just because you are friends with them, john mcglyn would be for me.

Got most of the interview correct

Everything he said was correct done by 2 set pieces we played the better football and big marv should have walked. Lets not get to down that was decent today they tried to kick us of the park. Think where we were last year at this time and it only got worse we are going in the right direction, next 2 games are big big games. If things still the same then I will be worried.

Look, I don't go to every game but I am a regular supporter.... I must admit from day 1 that the aitchison appointment worried me, out of all 3 cups and a very poor start to the league, I would suggest time for change. We have 20 odd games to save our season and back up all the good work the new board have done. One solution perhaps.. BringbackArchibald

It is a results driven game football, so Willie has got to accept that and hold his hands up and if results don't improve very soon, consider his position. I think he does have the team playing decent football, but he is not getting it quite right, as results are proving. We should have been out of sight today against that lot, we were far better than them, but we still lost (again).

If the board stick with Willie, then they need to give him an experienced assistant, (as well as Gary), who WILL point out the areas where improvement is needed and advise the changes needed with firmness. Someone with tactical nous, even if only for the short term, to get us out of this rut and putting us on the right track!

Kevin Drinkell tried to help him and see where that went??? No progress in the next 2 games and he has to go, without a doubt. Never mind this giving him a season nonsense. The club cannnot afford to risk keeping him on.

Forward thinking board, decent squad with plenty of experience at this level but one weak link that needs to be addressed, the Manager. Nice guy talks a good game and runs a good training session! but out of his depth at the sharp end. If this was one of Lee's pubs and the manager was wasn't up to doing the job and was costing him money I'm sure he would be dealt with very quickly and someone would be put in place before he lost his customers.
Wullie has had plenty of time to shape his team, a proper preseason, quality signings, full time players much more than previous managers yet nothing to show for it. Time to move on and the club to move forward.

So does the manager deserve any credit?

Today the best team lost...there's not much doubt about that.
Without going over the game, we all know...ref had a shocker (he made game changing mistakes, Marvin should have walked).

We're out of 3 cups. We're not scoring enough goals.

Defence and midfield have looked better lately, but we need to open up and have a go at teams.
Signed strikers we have should be good enough, but not all have been available to the manager.
Are we playing better football than last year? Yes
Are we still in contention? Yes, couple of wins will make a big difference in league place.

I'm still not convinced Aitchison should go, can see what he's trying to do, but result must start to improve now. I'll give him till Christmas before I start calling for his head.

I'm sure results will improve...Just my humble opinion tho!

It's a shame the way our season is heading but I think we give Willie until after Christmas. Out of the 3 cups at the first time of asking is very poor, however the first two cup games were our first games together as a competitive team so I think we have to give the lads the benefit of the doubt there.

The facts remain, however, that it's a results based business. Improving performances are great, but if we're not getting points on the board and going anywhere then that's not good enough. No use being the better team over 90 minutes and losing most weeks.

Arbroath and Stranraer are both games we should be taking points from and if we take 0/6 then I think Willie's position will be on a shoogly peg.

I'm somewhat in the middle on this one, some fans are calling for his head which I disagree with but when I see folk on twitter having a go at the fans for feeling that way it's ridiculous. When our results are so poor you simply CANNOT blame the fans for getting angry and frustrated.

We all care about East Fife just the same, and some fans are quite rightly worried about the results. Hopefully we can pick up at least 4/6 from the next two games to kickstart our season.

Anyone remember a while ago Aitchison said we were going to give a team a doing and score a load of goals?

Confused,, we seem to recognise it is not working. We seem to recognise that tactics, selection amdability to make decisions during games are questionable (pars game was luck no tactical master stroke) and due to the fact that wullie has no track record at any level so we have nothing really to measure him against or to Work out if he has a chance of turning it around. So i can't see any logical reason for continuing with him. The hardest thing for me to understand is who else did the club interview for the job? Said it before nice guy good impression given in interviews etc wish him all the best but please let us get on with keeping ourselves out of the crap we had to go through last year

Good post.

BT
Confused,, we seem to recognise it is not working. We seem to recognise that tactics, selection amdability to make decisions during games are questionable (pars game was luck no tactical master stroke) and due to the fact that wullie has no track record at any level so we have nothing really to measure him against or to Work out if he has a chance of turning it around. So i can't see any logical reason for continuing with him. The hardest thing for me to understand is who else did the club interview for the job? Said it before nice guy good impression given in interviews etc wish him all the best but please let us get on with keeping ourselves out of the crap we had to go through last year

Your logic looks true to me.

I remember watching Atchison's early interviews and thinking to myself - I really like this guy, have we uncovered a gem here. The answer is unfortunately no.

still waiting
Anyone remember a while ago Aitchison said we were going to give a team a doing and score a load of goals?
he must have been thinking of having a bounce game against ef ladies.

Never mind a case for change, how about a change real soon?
At this rate we`re going down faster than George Michael in a public bog.

Same feelings here ....was really impressed with willie to start wi but now its a strong feeling that this just aint going to work out !!!

I would love to see Davie Kirkwood back at bayview, the job he is doing at borra is superb and that man never ever let us down

I will reserve judgement until the next two vital games are over although I`m growing increasingly worried with the lack of progress made.
You can see that the manager is trying to get the team to play football but I feel he may be too stubborn to change his phylosophy and try and mix it up when needed.

Yes, our goalkeepers have made mistakes but maybe that is because we are allowing teams to have a go and therefore our goalkeepers are more active. Look at the opposition keeper, when can you say they have been overworked when they play us?

Tough game against Arbroath on Saturday and they have lost their last 3 and some of their fans are a bit disgruntled so why don`t we have a go at them and get the first goal?

still waiting

That will have been the Leven United friendly...

Noisy crossbar
BT

Your logic looks true to me.

I remember watching Atchison's early interviews and thinking to myself - I really like this guy, have we uncovered a gem here. The answer is unfortunately no.

I see from the East Fife Mail we have a new/another coach called Dougie Anderson (who) ex Cowdenbeath. Surely this is not another youth coach, this season we are being run by youth coaches, out of all the cups, bottom of the league with the worst goal difference ever. It must be obvious to all that we need a proven team behind the club not amateurs who think anyone they can do a professional job. How many more coaches who are all old pals with no connection to East Fife do we need.

Dougie Hope
Same feelings here ....was really impressed with willie to start wi but now its a strong feeling that this just aint going to work out !!!

I would love to see Davie Kirkwood back at bayview, the job he is doing at borra is superb and that man never ever let us down

Davie would be a good choice club connection, played at good level under good managers is respected in game and has already cut his teeth in management.

Who the hell is Dougie Anderson????

eh?

If only the internet had some sort of search facility where you could type in a few keywords and a list of relevant web pages was returned to you.

I think there might be a business opportunity here - WATCH THIS SPACE.

I tried that when i searched Willie Aitchison after he was appointed manager and found nothing.

DLA
I tried that when i searched Willie Aitchison after he was appointed manager and found nothing.

Noisy Crossbar
eh?

If only the internet had some sort of search facility where you could type in a few keywords and a list of relevant web pages was returned to you.

Em...I think your attempt to provide a sarcastic post has failed somewhat. I just googled him and I can report that I found NOTHING!

[Surprise, surprise!!)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/dougie-anderson/aufeinenblick/trainer_25493.html

From a Google search for Dougie Anderson.... surprise, surprise!

Did he get the job after a rigorous application and interview process fending off stiff competition from a whole host of qualified candidates?

Does anybody in football these days? Did David Moyes? He was chosen before Ferguson quit and there were no other candidates interviewed. Do you think he should be sacked, bearing in mind he inherited a league winning team and didn't start from scratch?

Columbo
Does anybody in football these days? Did David Moyes? He was chosen before Ferguson quit and there were no other candidates interviewed. Do you think he should be sacked, bearing in mind he inherited a league winning team and didn't start from scratch?

That's a poor argument. Several successful seasons at Everton in full public gaze made Moyes an outstanding candidate for the job. And of course Manchester United examined the whole field for a new manager. By the time Ferguson went public with his retirement announcement, the club knew exactly who they wanted be his successor.

East Fife, on the other hand, appointed an unknown, unproven, inexperienced candidate who happens to be a friend of the physio, without giving anyone else proper consideration. You reap what you sow.

Am I really contributing to a discussion which draws a parallel between Moyes and Aitchison, and Man Utd and East Fife? Bonkers. How about a parallel between East Fife and Forfar instead. Willie Aitchison said after Saturday's match "the best team lost". We have played Forfar three times this season, and lost three times. If we are the "best team" then we are going to take that basement league by storm next season. I just can't wait.

detective
Noisy Crossbar
eh?

Em...I think your attempt to provide a sarcastic post has failed somewhat. I just googled him and I can report that I found NOTHING!

[Surprise, surprise!!)

I think it's your attempt to use google that failed bud!

I managed to get his photo, employment history and home address.

fan
Columbo

That's a poor argument. Several successful seasons at Everton in full public gaze made Moyes an outstanding candidate for the job. And of course Manchester United examined the whole field for a new manager. By the time Ferguson went public with his retirement announcement, the club knew exactly who they wanted be his successor.

East Fife, on the other hand, appointed an unknown, unproven, inexperienced candidate who happens to be a friend of the physio, without giving anyone else proper consideration. You reap what you sow.

Am I really contributing to a discussion which draws a parallel between Moyes and Aitchison, and Man Utd and East Fife? Bonkers.

And has that stopped fans & various media people calling for his head? Moyes was experienced, successful at Everton without actually winning much actually and an outstanding candidate, but results have not been good enough at Man Utd, so same as what is happening at East Fife, people are calling for the managers head. That is a parallel to me. New managers, poor results overall, people wanting them sacked. If anything, the fact that Moyes had a proven track record and inherited a winning team, compared to Aitchison starting a team from scratch, suggests that Moyes is doing a worse job?

Columbo
fan
Columbo

Am I really contributing to a discussion which draws a parallel between Moyes and Aitchison, and Man Utd and East Fife? Bonkers.

And has that stopped fans & various media people calling for his head? Moyes was experienced, successful at Everton without actually winning much actually and an outstanding candidate, but results have not been good enough at Man Utd, so same as what is happening at East Fife, people are calling for the managers head. That is a parallel to me. New managers, poor results overall, people wanting them sacked. If anything, the fact that Moyes had a proven track record and inherited a winning team, compared to Aitchison starting a team from scratch, suggests that Moyes is doing a worse job?

Jesus wept.

Moyes was hand-picked by the trusted Ferguson. Moyes is a proven football manager. Aitchison has done nothing in management, NOTHING. He's been finally given a chance at 55 years old when no one else ever would and now could barely do a worse job results-wise if he even tried to. We are at the bottom end of the table with one of the better squads in the league and out of every cup possible in the first round. This is supposed to be a revolution not the usual relegation fight. Moyes can still win the league and European Cup. Aitchison is making an arse of a good squad. Your Moyes argument is so lame it probably illustrates all the more why Aitchison should be thanked for his efforts and will never manage senior again after East Fife.

You sound like a spin doctor. You probably wanted the last disastrous appointments to stay too. They've sure gone on to prove themselves as managers since us eh? It's like a former fan favourite said "your board don't know what they're doing"

Thing is, he's right. Look at our appointments. It's not even funny. We've still got the same board.

The arrangement may well have been that Brian makes the footballing decisions.

Let's give the guy a chance, a couple of wins and were right back in the mix.

East Fife Fan

[/quote

Do you mean like a couple of wins in the next few games? Certainly the players we have are more than capable of winning the next 2 games.
What would your opinion be if say we got 1 point over the next 2 games?

Time is running out for the Manager and I pray he puts a team out on Saturday that has a go rather than contain the opposition. The players are better than that.

Its just a matter of time but it looks like we are going to go through the motions and throw away a few mire points before the smell of the coffee reaches the board room

DLA
East Fife Fan

[/quote

Do you mean like a couple of wins in the next few games? Certainly the players we have are more than capable of winning the next 2 games.
What would your opinion be if say we got 1 point over the next 2 games?

Time is running out for the Manager and I pray he puts a team out on Saturday that has a go rather than contain the opposition. The players are better than that.

But some people are not wanting to give him the next two games, are they? It is just as easy to ask, what would your opinion be if he took 6 points over the next two games. Purely hypothetical question you have put, suggesting that because he might only get 1 point, he should be sacked before he can prove otherwise. As for the players, they are not completely blameless for the poor results! Have you not witnessed some of the defensive errors? Bad decision making by players on the pitch at times, have cost us dearly. Not only in defence, but also in attack, by not taking clear chances to score, witness Durie's shot with only the keeper to beat against Forfar, when he couldn't even get it on target. Aitchison's fault?

Besides, have we not just taken 3 out of 6 points against two of the best teams in the league in our last two league games?

Davie Clarke
Columbo
fan
Columbo

Jesus wept.

Moyes was hand-picked by the trusted Ferguson. Moyes is a proven football manager. Aitchison has done nothing in management, NOTHING. He's been finally given a chance at 55 years old when no one else ever would and now could barely do a worse job results-wise if he even tried to. We are at the bottom end of the table with one of the better squads in the league and out of every cup possible in the first round. This is supposed to be a revolution not the usual relegation fight. Moyes can still win the league and European Cup. Aitchison is making an arse of a good squad. Your Moyes argument is so lame it probably illustrates all the more why Aitchison should be thanked for his efforts and will never manage senior again after East Fife.

You sound like a spin doctor. You probably wanted the last disastrous appointments to stay too. They've sure gone on to prove themselves as managers since us eh? It's like a former fan favourite said "your board don't know what they're doing"

Thing is, he's right. Look at our appointments. It's not even funny. We've still got the same board.

I am not calling for Moyes's head any more than I am calling for Aitchison's. Read the sports pages and you will find there are many questions on Moyes's ability to take Man Utd forward. It is certainly not me saying that, but I am not burying my head in the sand and ignoring what is happening at other clubs that are not doing as well as expected, just like us! It is reasonable to compare, if you are a reasonable thinking type person.

Columbo
As for the players, they are not completely blameless for the poor results! Have you not witnessed some of the defensive errors? Bad decision making by players on the pitch at times, have cost us dearly. Not only in defence, but also in attack, by not taking clear chances to score, witness Durie's shot with only the keeper to beat against Forfar, when he couldn't even get it on target. Aitchison's fault?

These are Aitchison's players. These are Aitchison's team selections. These are Aitchison's tactics. The errors are ultimately Aitchison's responsibility. If players are making mistakes and letting a manager down, that is the manager's problem.

You point to "bad decision making by players on the pitch" as an excuse. Don't you realise that this means a team is failing? This is why teams lose. This is why teams get relegated. It is not an excuse to look for, it is the heart of the problem. If players are making mistakes, the manager should be fixing this. Aitchison can't do that. We know that. The game is up.

Just read could be brian making footballing decisions if this is the case why have a manager just let the so
Called physio run the team oh i forgot he does and we all follow like lost sheep.

fife fan
Columbo
As for the players, they are not completely blameless for the poor results! Have you not witnessed some of the defensive errors? Bad decision making by players on the pitch at times, have cost us dearly. Not only in defence, but also in attack, by not taking clear chances to score, witness Durie's shot with only the keeper to beat against Forfar, when he couldn't even get it on target. Aitchison's fault?

These are Aitchison's players. These are Aitchison's team selections. These are Aitchison's tactics. The errors are ultimately Aitchison's responsibility. If players are making mistakes and letting a manager down, that is the manager's problem.

You point to "bad decision making by players on the pitch" as an excuse. Don't you realise that this means a team is failing? This is why teams lose. This is why teams get relegated. It is not an excuse to look for, it is the heart of the problem. If players are making mistakes, the manager should be fixing this. Aitchison can't do that. We know that. The game is up.

You have a very simplistic approach which does not make sense. Every one of us has a responsibility for our actions in all walks of life. If I was given a job to do and I did it differently which cost my company money, then it wouldn't be my gaffer to blame, it would be me!
In the case of Durie shooting wide, you still blame the manager! That beggars belief! The passage of play that led up to that, is how the manager wants the team to play, but if the end result is a player shooting wide, then how can that be the managers fault?

I refer you to the many posts criticising some players this season as not being good enough. So, who is right? Is it those saying the manager is to blame, or those who are blaming players? Or could it be both? Or could it be that after the next two games, we are 6 points better off and there is no need to blame anybody? Here's hoping!

By the way Scott (Durie), no criticism of you, I was only using that incident to highlight that the manager cannot be blamed for it. I fully understand that everything doesn't go to plan and if it was that easy, then football wouldn't be worth watching. You have proven that you can score goals, so hope you are in the team this weekend again.

Columbo
By the way Scott (Durie), no criticism of you, I was only using that incident to highlight that the manager cannot be blamed for it. I fully understand that everything doesn't go to plan and if it was that easy, then football wouldn't be worth watching. You have proven that you can score goals, so hope you are in the team this weekend again.

what a creep you are. you did criticise durie but you don't have the balls to live with it.
why did we end up with a full-back in the goal-scoring position at the end of such a wonderfully coached move that it would have had the dutch and the argentines purring with approval? must be the player's fault, as you say. they are all liabilities. not like the manager, he's brilliant. i mean, he's proved that, hasn't he? no-one can take wullie's vast experience away from him. mainly because he doesn't have any to take away.

My God. What a right bunch of supporters you lot are! Dissecting people's performances like you were/are all experts! Some of you say the manager lacks experience? Who the fuck are you to ask that question? I suppose you all have coaching badges?

This club is starting a new era and the people involved are dedicated guys trying their level best to make progress and all you lot can do is critisize, players and the manager.

No one can say you don't follow East Fife .Fc home and away, no one can say you don't shout and push the team on the park, but my God you don't half haver some shite on here.

Fifey
My God. What a right bunch of supporters you lot are! Dissecting people's performances like you were/are all experts! Some of you say the manager lacks experience? Who the fuck are you to ask that question? I suppose you all have coaching badges?

This club is starting a new era and the people involved are dedicated guys trying their level best to make progress and all you lot can do is critisize, players and the manager.

No one can say you don't follow East Fife .Fc home and away, no one can say you don't shout and push the team on the park, but my God you don't half haver some shite on here.

Very well stated, haver sums it up. Some people on here seem to have their own agenda on here, some seem to have conversations with themselves under different names, and some give themselves away as to who they are. People are working hard, off the pitch has made massive improvements, money is coming into the club and hopefully the football side will follow soon. Last season the team was not performing well, not being relegated was seen like getting promotion and the corporate side was not performing either. This meant less money for the football side. There is a catch up to be done in financial terms that does not happen overnight.

It would appear that some people post on here when they think they know something when what they have is half a conversation and the rest they make up to suit themselves. There are also people on here with "grudges" that are just plain making things up to cause trouble - insiders, or more likely ex insiders. They just don't see the bigger picture that its not all about them or who they have grudge about, its about EFFC. Be proud that people are working hard, that the club is looking good, look to the future and stop havering shite. (Trademark Fifey)

Made me smile
Fifey

Very well stated, haver sums it up. Some people on here seem to have their own agenda on here, some seem to have conversations with themselves under different names, and some give themselves away as to who they are. People are working hard, off the pitch has made massive improvements, money is coming into the club and hopefully the football side will follow soon. Last season the team was not performing well, not being relegated was seen like getting promotion and the corporate side was not performing either. This meant less money for the football side. There is a catch up to be done in financial terms that does not happen overnight.

It would appear that some people post on here when they think they know something when what they have is half a conversation and the rest they make up to suit themselves. There are also people on here with "grudges" that are just plain making things up to cause trouble - insiders, or more likely ex insiders. They just don't see the bigger picture that its not all about them or who they have grudge about, its about EFFC. Be proud that people are working hard, that the club is looking good, look to the future and stop havering shite. (Trademark Fifey)

Two excellent posts. I hope you guys don't think I was having a go at the players and Scott in particular. I was just trying to get across that it is wrong to blame the manager solely for the poor results. I was at Forfar and I left thinking that we were robbed, but importantly the manager had the team playing good football, (the reason I thought we were robbed). There is still work to do, but unfortunately, there is an element on this forum that do not have the patience to give him time to hone the team into a really good side that can go places. We are attracting good players to East Fife. Take Stephen Hughes, he was head and shoulders above anybody in the Forfar side, but we had others in our team that were not far behind him. I think we can attract more players of his calibre, because they can see the club is trying to go places and Bayview is a good place to be for them.

Not at all Columbo, knew what you meant.

Fifey

Certainly a new era.
The unfortunate thing is we are heading into yet another relegation dog fight.
Hardly an indication of progress.

With the right manager in place I suspect we could do ok.

Magnum PI
Fifey

Certainly a new era.
The unfortunate thing is we are heading into yet another relegation dog fight.
Hardly an indication of progress.

With the right manager in place I suspect we could do ok.

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello... Wot we got 'ere then, anovva whinga? Well oi nevva!

With the right manager in place I suspect we could do ok.[/quote]
Yes you suspect but like everyone else you just don't know!

People are simply frustrated that all the undoubted progress off the field is not being matched by the same progress on it.

My fear is that the continuation of the poor results will end in the humiliation of relegation, which will kill all the progress and investment off the pitch stone dead. The thought of bottom tier football is just too bad to contemplate and would be the final straw for those of us that have had to put up with dross for far too long.

We could and should be doing much, much better. And I'm afraid it's the manager who has to take full responsibility for that.

Made me smile
There are people on here with "grudges" that are just plain making things up to cause trouble - insiders, or more likely ex insiders. They just don't see the bigger picture that its not all about them or who they have grudge about, its about EFFC. Be proud that people are working hard, that the club is looking good, look to the future and stop havering shite.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why would they be insiders or ex-insiders? Why should they not be plain old supporters who call a spade a spade when we sit second bottom of the league, out of all three cups at the first round, lowest scoring record in scotland

"Be proud that people are working hard" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is just hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud to be an East Fife supporter. People work hard at East Fife. You would not know how proud that makes me. Football means nothing, it is all about celebrating hard work. There are not many clubs where people work as hard as East Fife. Maybe we will get extra bonus league points for being SUCH HARD WORKERS

East Fife, second bottom of the league, out of all cups at first go and a fan base that is yet again giving up.
Yeah, we have a board that seem to be working hard behind the scenes blah blah.
Fact is the team are still shite and unless things pick up very soon no-one will really give a fuck. Just another disaster of a season for Fifes worst team.
I`m of the opinion we have a half decent set up behind the scenes its just a pity same can't be said for whats on pitch as that's the driver in all of this.

Moaners are entitled to moan. We`re just as shite as last year and the year before that.

Atchison is not experienced nor qualified to bring success to this club. Seems pretty fucking obvious to most people but hey, carry on defending the dross on grass all you like. Bit like this time last year and look where we ended up.

Something seriously wrong in the boardroom if they can't see whats pretty fucking obvious to most people.

fifer
Made me smile
There are people on here with "grudges" that are just plain making things up to cause trouble - insiders, or more likely ex insiders. They just don't see the bigger picture that its not all about them or who they have grudge about, its about EFFC. Be proud that people are working hard, that the club is looking good, look to the future and stop havering shite.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why would they be insiders or ex-insiders? Why should they not be plain old supporters who call a spade a spade when we sit second bottom of the league, out of all three cups at the first round, lowest scoring record in scotland

"Be proud that people are working hard" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that is just hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud to be an East Fife supporter. People work hard at East Fife. You would not know how proud that makes me. Football means nothing, it is all about celebrating hard work. There are not many clubs where people work as hard as East Fife. Maybe we will get extra bonus league points for being SUCH HARD WORKERS

Spot on fifer i nearly hit the bottle when i Read those posts mind you we have to comend their support for his dad, oops did i just let something out the bag.......

Urban Licks
East Fife, second bottom of the league, out of all cups at first go and a fan base that is yet again giving up.
Fact is the team are still shite and unless things pick up very soon no-one will really give a fuck. Just another disaster of a season for Fifes worst team.
I`m of the opinion we have a half decent set up behind the scenes its just a pity same can't be said for whats on pitch as that's the driver in all of this.

Moaners are entitled to moan. We`re just as shite as last year and the year before that.

Atchison is not experienced nor qualified to bring success to this club. Seems pretty fucking obvious to most people but hey, carry on defending the dross on grass all you like. Bit like this time last year and look where we ended up.

Something seriously wrong in the boardroom if they can't see whats pretty fucking obvious to most people.

Oh yeah, same solution as last year and the year before that (blah, f'n blah), to change our fortunes. Do you never learn? Changing managers every half season or so, is NOT the solution.

And don't say most people know what is obvious, cos you do not have a clue what most people think.

It's not about when we appoint a new manager, it's about who we appoint. Time after the time we get the wrong man (aka the cheap option).

Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

Oh yeah, same solution as last year and the year before that (blah, f'n blah), to change our fortunes. Do you never learn? Changing managers every half season or so, is NOT the solution.

And don't say most people know what is obvious, cos you do not have a clue what most people think.

You change the manager until you find one that's decent.
So far we`ve not had much luck but then so far we`ve appointed pretty poor choices to be honest with the exception of Robertson. Crawford, Durie and Brown were bad decisions. Fact.

And you say i don't have a clue?!

Fucking laughable.

Urban Licks
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

You change the manager until you find one that's decent.
So far we`ve not had much luck but then so far we`ve appointed pretty poor choices to be honest with the exception of Robertson. Crawford, Durie and Brown were bad decisions. Fact.

And you say i don't have a clue?!

Fucking laughable.

I don't need to say you don't have a clue. You are doing a good job of saying that yourself. Fact!

Terracing Now!
It's not about when we appoint a new manager, it's about who we appoint. Time after the time we get the wrong man (aka the cheap option).

You don't seem to get it. If you are only giving a manager a few months to build a team, it's been proven at East Fife, that doesn't work. Give the manager time and then judge him. Did the chairman not say that he would be happy to finish mid-table in his first season at Bayview? That is definitely achievable, only 4 points separate 5th - 9th position, so why the hysteria?

Suburban Mr James
Terracing Now!

You don't seem to get it. If you are only giving a manager a few months to build a team, it's been proven at East Fife, that doesn't work. Give the manager time and then judge him. Did the chairman not say that he would be happy to finish mid-table in his first season at Bayview? That is definitely achievable, only 4 points separate 5th - 9th position, so why the hysteria?

Lol you're a dick!

Magnum PI
Suburban Mr James
Terracing Now!

Lol you're a dick!

Wow! What a well thought out response! Have you ever thought about taking up politics with those debating skills you possess?

With the piss poor quality of politicians we have today he'd do well. And we could do with a bit of straight talking.

And I bet his dick is bigger than yours Mr James...

Terracing Now!
With the piss poor quality of politicians we have today he'd do well. And we could do with a bit of straight talking.

And I bet his dick is bigger than yours Mr James...

No doubt. Maybe we should have elections every 6 months or so to improve the standard of politicians? Thank god for the East Fife supporters sorting out the country, eh? What brilliant minds we have in our midst!

Suburban Mr James
Terracing Now!

Did you hear the forfar coach guy slagging aitchison off last week during the game? have you heard what some of his own players think of him? managers of our opponents are bemused that this untried youth coach has been given the job.

I`m really hoping he turns the teams fortunes around but cannot for the life of me understand why he was even considered for the managers job in the first place.

In less than 4 weeks Gary Naysmith will be manager

Kojak
Suburban Mr James
Terracing Now!

Did you hear the forfar coach guy slagging aitchison off last week during the game? have you heard what some of his own players think of him? managers of our opponents are bemused that this untried youth coach has been given the job.

I`m really hoping he turns the teams fortunes around but cannot for the life of me understand why he was even considered for the managers job in the first place.

Hey bro, is that the same Forfar coach guy whose team is only 1 point above the Fife? If you ask me, that Forfar coach guy was being totally unprofessional and I certainly wouldn't want him at Bayview as a coach. It's amazing the arguments being put up by the anti-Aitchison brigade and this one just about takes the biscuit! Was his slagging similar to Kevin Keegan's slagging of Ferguson a few years ago? Who couldn't take the heat and who lasted and was successful? It wasn't Keegan who went on to become successful and I don't think that Forfar coach guy is exactly very successful either, or will be in the future.

Keegan, Moyes, Ferguson AND Atchison in the same thread as comparison?
Three legends and a taxi driver. You couldn't make it up.
Some people on here are naive as well as thick.

Urban Licks

Lol Taxi in a few months we will laugh and shake our heads at this period in our history, they will be selling mugs in the club shop soon, the wullie years lol

fifer
Made me smile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

See my earlier post regarding "HAVERING" + add " PRICK"

Fifey
fifer
Made me smile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

See my earlier post regarding "HAVERING" + add " PRICK"

I think I should explain why I resorted to using foul language. It was your mocking of "hardwork" obviously you know nothing of hardwork otherwise you would know that it takes many hours, days, months even years to get fruit from Hardwork. Which im sure will happen at The Fife.

You can't get promoted before the end of the season can you? That's almost a years worth of work for a start including pre-season.

Never laugh at hardwork my friend, some of the lesser skilled people on this planet got to the top by working very hard to make up for lack of talent. I doubt you are one of them.

Urban Licks

Some people on here are are quite simple minded & clueless. Can you tell me how these 'legends' fared in their first seasons as managers? I would love you to point out how many managers of any club won anything in their first season as managers and that includes Ferguson. Some of the other so-called 'legends' couldn't win anything in their first seasons with clubs, despite being experienced managers. Look at Mancini, with the largest budget in English football, possibly also in Europe, he won what? Oh yes - That would be... NOTHING!

If you can't understand that none of these managers were 'legends' (as managers), when they first went into management, then you're more stupid than I thought you were!

So get your facts right about the 'legends', licker!

Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

Some people on here are are quite simple minded & clueless. Can you tell me how these 'legends' fared in their first seasons as managers? I would love you to point out how many managers of any club won anything in their first season as managers and that includes Ferguson. Some of the other so-called 'legends' couldn't win anything in their first seasons with clubs, despite being experienced managers. Look at Mancini, with the largest budget in English football, possibly also in Europe, he won what? Oh yes - That would be... NOTHING! If you can't understand that none of these managers were 'legends' when they first went into management, then you're more stupid than I thought you were!

What level did Atchison's play at again?

And at what level did you gain your knowledge of football management, may I ask?

well said fifey!!!!!!!!!!!

Prediction

In 7 hours time.

Suburban Mr James
And at what level did you gain your knowledge of football management, may I ask?

Where have I said anything about tactics, player selection, coaching etc.?

Noisy crossbar
Prediction

In 7 hours time.

I bet you 10 grand he isn't.

Insider
Noisy crossbar
Prediction

In 7 hours time.

That"s a ladies bet.

Let's make it 100 billion.

Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

Some people on here are are quite simple minded & clueless. Can you tell me how these 'legends' fared in their first seasons as managers? I would love you to point out how many managers of any club won anything in their first season as managers and that includes Ferguson. Some of the other so-called 'legends' couldn't win anything in their first seasons with clubs, despite being experienced managers. Look at Mancini, with the largest budget in English football, possibly also in Europe, he won what? Oh yes - That would be... NOTHING!

If you can't understand that none of these managers were 'legends' (as managers), when they first went into management, then you're more stupid than I thought you were!

I don`t think anyone is expecting us to win anything in the first season with Aitchsion in charge but surely its not too much to ask for us to be in a better position than we are at present after 14 games?

DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

I don`t think anyone is expecting us to win anything in the first season with Aitchsion in charge but surely its not too much to ask for us to be in a better position than we are at present after 14 games?

..diddums.

Noisy crossbar
Suburban Mr James

Exactly! How can you call for a managers head when you know nothing about football management & coaching?

Noisy crossbar
Insider
Noisy crossbar
Prediction

In 7 hours time.

That"s a ladies bet.

Let's make it 100 billion.

Okay, but it will have to be a cheque mate. Is that okay with you?

Aw..
DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

..diddums.

A bit rich coming from you who has posted under 5 different names on this thread.

Suburban Mr James
Noisy crossbar
Suburban Mr James

Exactly! How can you call for a managers head when you know nothing about football management & coaching?

Because I know when results are not good enough.

Tam
Aw..
DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

..diddums.

A bit rich coming from you who has posted under 5 different names on this thread.

I wondered how long it would take you to abuse your position as a moderator to stick your neb in? If you think I am naive enough to think that I am the only person to ever do that on this site, then you are mistaken.

I think you need to take a leaf out of Gof's book and use that power in the right circumstances eg linos and cowdungs slagging off the fife, but not against those who are actually defending the Fife. I have noticed in the past how you have abused that power to have a go at others DEFENDING the club you claim to support!

Davie Kirkwood would make a difference to the best squad of players I seen at bayview for the last 10 years, its upto the management who they stick with

but I tell you something he will improve that team no doubt about that and wont cost much either .... bring on davie kirkwood xx

Aw..
Tam
Aw..
DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

..diddums.

I wondered how long it would take you to abuse your position as a moderator to stick your neb in? If you think I am naive enough to think that I am the only person to ever do that on this site, then you are mistaken.

I think you need to take a leaf out of Gof's book and use that power in the right circumstances eg linos and cowdungs slagging off the fife, but not against those who are actually defending the Fife. I have noticed in the past how you have abused that power to have a go at others DEFENDING the club you claim to support!

Where am I abusing my power as a moderator? Of course you aren`t the only person to post under various names on this site but for you to post under 5 different names on the same thread must be a record.

For what it`s worth, I have banned or deleted posts from Cowdenbeath or Raith Rovers in the past so don`t really feel that your comment about "taking a leaf out of GoF`s book" is justified.

Tell me,why did you post post under 5 different names on the same thread?

Tam
Aw..
Tam
Aw..
DLA
Suburban Mr James
Urban Licks

..diddums.

Where am I abusing my power as a moderator? Of course you aren`t the only person to post under various names on this site but for you to post under 5 different names on the same thread must be a record.

For what it`s worth, I have banned or deleted posts from Cowdenbeath or Raith Rovers in the past so don`t really feel that your comment about "taking a leaf out of GoF`s book" is justified.

Tell me,why did you post post under 5 different names on the same thread?

I think you'll find that some posts were made in jest and a bit of fun by replying to posts from usernames that were linked to each other.

My point about you abusing your position as a moderator, is that you were taking sides as there was no need for you to make the comment. GoF has done that, but only if the posts were out of order or abusive. Were any of my posts abusive, anti-EF or out of order? Also, how do I know that you haven't posted under different names? Maybe you have on this thread, as it doesn't make sense you making your comment about me. Why should it matter, when you know it goes on all the time and is quite obvious?

Your question says more about you Tam, than me.

Aww, you are a complete and utter bawbag.
Suburban James and Jocky all rolled into one and well found out

Magnum PI

Another post deemed not to be abusive Tam? And where did you come from anyway Magnum? First time poster are you mate? C'mon Tam, is he, or is he not?

Aw..
Magnum PI

Another post deemed not to be abusive Tam? And where did you come from anyway Magnum? First time poster are you mate? C'mon Tam, is he, or is he not?

Abusive?

na, just telling it like it is.

Suburban Mr James
Noisy crossbar
Suburban Mr James

Because after a third of the season has been played we are second bottom of the league with the worst goal difference out of everyone, out of every cup at the first time of asking (should we add up our cup games goal difference too?) and we certainly don't have the second worst squad of talent in the league, do we?

Moyes and Fergie were young managers when they started out. Aitchison is 55 or something. Why has no one given him a job till now if you want to compare him to them? Why has he never been trusted with a managers job until this ripe age until his pal at East Fife gave him a job?

If you are so pro East Fife as you continually say, why do you want to keep a manager that is below par and hindering your club's revolution? Your defence of Aitchison is based on conjecture. His record since starting in management is extremely poor. That's a fact. Davie Kirkwood for example would at least get respect, has experience in management, played top flight and is an EF legend. He might not be the answer but statistically it would be really hard to manage to do worse than Aitchison. It seems only you, Fifey and McNeil want to keep him here even if it is to the detriment of your East Fife. I bet you have your 'we can rebuild for 2014 season'post prepared already when the play offs are out of reach. Yet another wasted season and you wouldn't be overly bothered.

Bump.
Let's hear Jocky and the club killing cheerleaders. How long does this go on? I actually thought we'd win today. Decent squad, backs to the wall. We'll grind out a win every few weeks but not this week it seems. Nice guy with good sentiments but let's hire a winner. Any managerial cast offs we can get from the other Fife teams who know what they're doing?

Davie Clarke
Bump.
Let's hear Jocky and the club killing cheerleaders. How long does this go on? I actually thought we'd win today. Decent squad, backs to the wall. We'll grind out a win every few weeks but not this week it seems. Nice guy with good sentiments but let's hire a winner. Any managerial cast offs we can get from the other Fife teams who know what they're doing?

There is absolutely no defence for Aitchison now, and he has to go. I call on anyone who thinks he has to remain in the job or be given longer to give me their reasons why?

C`mon Lee, this is getting ridiculous. I`m loving what you are trying to do at the club but please, please admit that appointing Aitchison as Manager has backfired badly.

This run of results cannot continue.

Time to act.

Since this thread was started we've exited another cup competition and lost a further 8 points in the league.

The continuing trend is costing us precious points and is damaging the "revolution".

Willies apointment is not working - nor is it going to work

.Action is required. Now.

Shut it you slags,george poor me a scotch while i figure who done the fife blag cant believe some slags waltzed in dressed as footballers and took the wages undiscovered.