Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
pars game

The past 20years we have played the pars in all competitions 12 times. We have won 5 drew 5 and lost 2. The best performance i have seen was in 1986 at East End Park when we were 4 up and should have been 10(anyone at the game will agree)and the pars scored 2 goals in the last few minutes to put a dampner on the score. If only we could get that disappointed feeling again winning a game 4-2. C'mon fife fans lets support the team this weekend as we dont have a fife derby against the Pars ,especially in the league. Lets get up for this game and forget the rangers game. What will these games mean anyway apart from a bit financial gain. Stenny got beat 8-0 and still sit 2nd in table they mean nothing its points against the other teams that will determine our season. Lets start with the Fife derby.

Re: pars game

I hope the players are willing to do the ugly stuff and we get a reaction after last weeks shocking performance. We must get closer to the opposition and not allow them to pass and move around us without a black and gold shirt laying a glove on them. `If east fife are not up to getting their sleeves rolled up in a derby, then the fans will loose the fragile faith that is left. I hope this is a new start, and we can get back to winning ways by sheer hard graft, LETS GET BEHIND THE TEAM COME ON THE FIFE.

Gladstone Fifer
The past 20years we have played the pars in all competitions 12 times. We have won 5 drew 5 and lost 2. The best performance i have seen was in 1986 at East End Park when we were 4 up and should have been 10(anyone at the game will agree)and the pars scored 2 goals in the last few minutes to put a dampner on the score. If only we could get that disappointed feeling again winning a game 4-2. C'mon fife fans lets support the team this weekend as we dont have a fife derby against the Pars ,especially in the league. Lets get up for this game and forget the rangers game. What will these games mean anyway apart from a bit financial gain. Stenny got beat 8-0 and still sit 2nd in table they mean nothing its points against the other teams that will determine our season. Lets start with the Fife derby.

Dunfermline are no great shakes and have no better players than us and are very beatable. We have to get something out of this game not just for desperately needed points or to take into the Rangers game but for the sake of morale of everyone at the club(players, manager, fans).

Yeah that game in 1986 was probably the best performance from an East Fife team over the past 30 years and you're right, it should have been 10 at least. And that was against a very good Pars team. Mind you we were a pretty good team then too, if only we had players now with the same skill, determination and character.

The Gallery bar at the ground will be open to away fans. £2.50 a pint!

Par
The Gallery bar at the ground will be open to away fans. £2.50 a pint!

Cheers for that Par,might just head there before the game for a couple.

Am taking the car.where is best/safest place to park or ow much is it to park at eep.

Mr E Fyffe
Am taking the car.where is best/safest place to park or ow much is it to park at eep.

I've been looking too.

Seems the car park is £2.

I'm just curious as to how easy it is to get out of after the match

Pars ticket office just told me away fans can pay cash at gate £15, we are going to be in end area of main stand must not be expecting many of us togo!

WullieBroonIsGod
Mr E Fyffe

I've been looking too.

Seems the car park is £2.

I'm just curious as to how easy it is to get out of after the match

I've parked in streets off the main rd just down from eep in the past with no problems

Just to inform any fans who can't go tomorrow, ParsTV are covering the game live with video and audio available. Video is for overseas users only and costs £7.50 while audio can be listened to by anyone and is £4. You must register for free with ParsTV in advance before you can buy either video or audio. If you're interested visit http://ParsTV.co.uk

ETA: it is currently not available to purchase but will more than likely be available from tomorrow morning. Any question, feel free to ask and I'll try answer them.

BT
Pars ticket office just told me away fans can pay cash at gate £15, we are going to be in end area of main stand must not be expecting many of us togo!

Thats good, although i think they will in for a surprise how many Fife fans will be attending. The pars official site is still stating we are in the south east wing stand and tickets can only be purchased at turnstile J&K beforeentering the ground

Their main stand holds around 2900 and the east wing you lot are in holds roughly 900, so I don't think you'll have any problems.

I WILL be going to this game,you get a free pint at the ground! £15.00 entry + £2.40 pint = £17.40. East Fife v Rangers = £18.00.Lee Murray watch and learn.

Fifer
I WILL be going to this game,you get a free pint at the ground! £15.00 entry + £2.40 pint = £17.40. East Fife v Rangers = £18.00.Lee Murray watch and learn.

From Pars website -

Main Stand: Adults £17, Concessions £12, U12s £7

What is there to learn mate? These are the regular prices which for adults, is £4 more expensive EVERY week!

Dysart Lino
Their main stand holds around 2900 and the east wing you lot are in holds roughly 900, so I don't think you'll have any problems.

You will know about large crowds right enough! Just over 2,000 att for a semi final last Sunday. You will be one of the fans that will be demanding 15,000 tickets for the final if you play Rangers.

Dunfermline Athletic

01 Scully
02 Millen
03 Whittle
08 Husband
04 Young
05 Morris
07 Byrne
06 Geggan (Booked 15 mins)
11 Moore
09 Wallace
10 Falkingham

Substitutes
12 Thomson
14 Thomson
15 Martin
16 Smith
17 Ferguson
18 El-Bakhtaoui
20 Goodfellow

East Fife

01 Paterson
02 Dutot
03 Naysmith
06 Hughes
04 Thom
05 Mbu
07 Stewart
08 Brown (Booked 40 mins)
19 Buchanan
10 Johnstone (Booked 7 mins)
11 McBride

Substitutes
12 Stewart
14 Durie
15 Tuta
16 Lennie
17 Clarke
18 Barr
21 Andrews

Ref: Don Robertson

Still 0-0 after 29 mins!!!

Still 0-0 after 41 mins!!!

Possesion: D.A.F.C. 65% E.F.F.C. 35%

Shots: D.A.F.C. 5 (2) E.F.F.C. 4 (1)

Corners: D.A.F.C. 1 E.F.F.C. 3

Fouls: D.A.F.C. 1 E.F.F.C. 3

Ross Brown booked after 40 mins!!!

Dunfermline 1 - 0 East Fife

Jordan Moore (42 mins)

Half Time

Dunfermline Athletic 1-0 East Fife

Moore (42 mins)

Possesion: D.A.F.C. 65% E.F.F.C. 35%

Shots: D.A.F.C. 6 (3) E.F.F.C. 4 (1)

Corners: D.A.F.C. 1 E.F.F.C. 3

Fouls: D.A.F.C. 2 E.F.F.C. 5

Gary Thom booked after 64 mins!!!

Still

Dunfermline Athletic 1-0 East Fife

Moore (42 mins)

After 68 mins

Possesion: D.A.F.C. 60% E.F.F.C. 40%

Shots: D.A.F.C. 9 (4) E.F.F.C. 5 (1)

Corners: D.A.F.C. 1 E.F.F.C. 5

Fouls: D.A.F.C. 6 E.F.F.C. 7

Durie on for Hughes after 72 mins!!!

That's probably three more exclamation marks than that merits!!!

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunfermline Athletic 1-1 East Fife

Ross Brown after 81 mins!!!

left footed shot from the centre of the box to the top right corner. Assisted by Scott Durie.

Dunfermline Athletic 1-2 East Fife

Liam Buchanan after 84 mins!!!

right footed shot from outside the box to the top left corner.
Assisted by Ross Brown.

Double Substitution

Pat Clarke on for Scott McBride

Cedric Tuta on for Ryan Stewart

Brilliant comeback

Great result

Yes!!

Well done East Fife x

Full Time

Dunfermline Athletic 1-2 East Fife

D.A.F.C. Moore (42 mins)

E.F.F.C. Brown (81 mins), Buchanan (84 mins)

Possesion: D.A.F.C. 57% E.F.F.C. 43%

Shots: D.A.F.C. 10 (4) E.F.F.C. 7 (3)

Corners: D.A.F.C. 3 E.F.F.C. 5

Fouls: D.A.F.C. 7 E.F.F.C. 9

A good 3 points and up to eighth!!!

one word....MAGNIFICENT!

Brilliant result - a derby win at last. Lets hope we kick on from here.

Terrific result, wonder if Stevie hislop will be tweeting about effc this weekend ?

Great result! Always magic to win a Fife derby!

A much needed win for everyone at the club in terms of not just points but also morale.

Fantastic stuff. Can't wait to see the highlights.

Fantastic result! Subs definitely changed the game.

What a relief great support from fifers Liam Buchanan, what can you say ran his socks off in a game where he was isolated for 80 mins. His goal was great finish. Well done ro the team and willie.

Both our goals were things of beauty.

Liam Buchanan was immense - much respect.

Once we became more ambitious we looked very dangerous.

Well done to players and fans.

Fantastic result, well done.

So that's a week off from the sack the manager posts. A win today was much needed and anything we get from next week is a bonus. How did Hughes do today?! Did he look match fit?

Fantastic effort from all involved. I thought Naysmith was outstanding. Throughout it was clear that the players were giving their all for the cause.
The Pars defence couldn't cope with Cederic who's back heel in the move for the first goal was superb.
Not only is it good to win, but the two goals were first class.

That was sweet big result to all concerned with east fife. Wullie had a game plan 5 across the middle of the park, for my money we sat a bit deep and our only striker buchanan got isolated. The game changed when tutu joined buchanan up top, and he was able to hold the ball up, which allowed the midfield to get forward and support. Two better goals you will struggle to see on match of the day tonight. Great to see Jeffries troop of at the end tail between his leg. He should be a referee as he seems to know every decision. Special mention to big joe mbu he came in from the cold and was immense at the back never missed a header all game. Good to be of the bottom onwards and upwards.

fan 67
Two better goals you will struggle to see on match of the day tonight. Great to see Jeffries troop of at the end tail between his leg.

Watch MOTD tonight and you may disagree. Not taking away from goals today at all though!

Just hame , what a result !!!! MON THE FIFE !!!!!!!!!!

some pars dummies being spat out on p and b.

apparently we celebrated too much...

they expected to just turn up and the 3 points were in the bag,so fuck them,mon the FIFE...

WullieBroonIsGod

Just listened to Jim Jefferies interview there. Near the end the guy asks him about how much East Fife celebrated at the end of the game and asks if beating the pars is looked at as a big scalp?!?!?!

Errrr naw. We scored twice in the last 10 mins for our first away win all season, were bottom of the league and it was a Fife derby ya fuckin clown!! Next time we'll no even applaud something like that eh. What a walloper

TE
WullieBroonIsGod

Just listened to Jim Jefferies interview there. Near the end the guy asks him about how much East Fife celebrated at the end of the game and asks if beating the pars is looked at as a big scalp?!?!?!

Errrr naw. We scored twice in the last 10 mins for our first away win all season, were bottom of the league and it was a Fife derby ya fuckin clown!! Next time we'll no even applaud something like that eh. What a walloper

We'll get a proper big scalp next week, not a mickey mouse one like yesterday.

Dunfermline fans, reporters and all associated with the club have to get into their dim heads they are in the 3rd tier now, their players are no better than those at most of the other teams (certainly no better than ours)and their stay in this league is likely to be a long one. They should be thankful there is a club there at all rather than indulging in patronising comments towards the other clubs in this league.

WullieBroonIsGod

Aye, one or two thought that but most we're gracious in defeat and admitted we played well. It was not "over celebrating" , we we're bottom and without an away win all season. Would have been the same if it was Arbroath or Forfar. The players came over and applauded the fans, with Tuta strpped to the waist waving his top above his head, maybe that was what they were pointing out!?
As for keeping men behind the ball all game complaint from Jeffries? We were playing an away game at a team second in the league who can score goals, ofcourse we were cautious! Good tactics by the manager. Maybe the fans calling for his head may lay off now? Give him time to gain confidence and devolop, just like the other new managers out there. Rovers, arbroath and others have "untried" managers and are doing good, cant we be the same eventually? Pat quinn and Dave Clarke didnt do too badly??

Dunfy played their passing game from the back having good possession but never really troubled us apart from a couple of chances highlighted by Telstar Tam. A weak header into the keepers arms and a cut back that was cleared instead of shooting. Our fitness is looking good with the players matching Dunfy players for the full 90(95).

Been there before but have to say that EEP is a nice wee stadium with good facilities, no complaints on where we were placed. The PA system is top quality, didn't try the food/beverages so cant comment. All in all a good afternoon away day just along the road. Wouldn't it be great if our home support increased enough to warrant upgrading Bayview?

Going away today, so will miss the next four Saturdays. Good luck to East Fife and our fantastic fans while I'm away.

MONTHEFIFE.

WullieBroonIsGod

The best bit was the fans all ages standing singing "stand up if you hate the Pars" Classic, if thats over celebrating then so be it!! The sad thing is, so much for the pars fans supporting their team who just survived this week,most of them left the stadium at the 2nd goal and didnt see the Fife Celebration anyway. All together now "Stand up if you hate the Pars". I dont really but Jeffries is a FUD.

Joe the bank manager had a great game

From watching the video, don't see any overcelebrating at all.

Touchy fuckers out west.

I was at the game but have still watched the highlights 3 times today :-)

It's been said many times already on here but Graeme really does do a fantastic job!!