Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: East Fife v Rangers

Chump

But if they were going to milk as much money out of this game as they possibly can then why the reduced price for the away fans/terracing? There's no law to say you must charge less for standing so why bother? The glory hunters would have paid £18 and filled it just the same so we've done ourselves out of thousands.

Really don't think you can charge the same for a temp seating, standing area with no amenities as you do for a for a permanent structure, with toilets, catering facilities etc!!!

It would be interesting to see what Gretna charged for their Temp stands during their rocket through the divisions!!!

WullieBroonIsGod
sammy
The tickets are selling like hotcakes.
For anyone buying, can I suggest you get down today Friday ASAP.

To EFFC fans I hope.
I know the club cant do much to ensure that the stand is for home support only, but I'd be pissed off if an orc was sat next to me.

I cant believe Fife fans will be surprised to have Rangers fans in the home end. Please dont come on to the aftn and complain next week because rangers fans are sitting in home end. How do you think the tickets sold so quick! It will be all the local rangers fans that would not be able to get tickets from Ibrox, as they dont go to the games. They will have their Jerseys on under their coats but wont be able to hide their blue noses. It will be the 1st home game i have missed this season and i chose to do that at the start of the season. I am not interested in the circus next week and as i have stated before these games will mean nothing to Fife by the end of the season. Senhousemuir got beat 8-0 and are still 2nd in the league.

Kk is spot on with his assessment.

As for the loser who claims he won't be back whilst lee is there, get a grip, the guy has been tremendous so far and puts in a lot of hours trying to improve the club.

Good points all rou nd KK but the problem is that this game is also a rare chance to build our own support. There was no need to risk a sense of unfairness. People are upset, that did not have to happen. If the Rangers game is a cash cow as you say, it well sell out anyway, and we don't care about them as they pass through our league, then it should have been £18 for every ticket. Fair's fair, and we maximise revenue, without upsetting our own fans as much as we have done

King Kebab
Chump

But if they were going to milk as much money out of this game as they possibly can then why the reduced price for the away fans/terracing? There's no law to say you must charge less for standing so why bother? The glory hunters would have paid £18 and filled it just the same so we've done ourselves out of thousands.

Really don't think you can charge the same for a temp seating, standing area with no amenities as you do for a for a permanent structure, with toilets, catering facilities etc!!!

Yes you can. Absolutely no law against it.

Milk as much money as they can, you said...

fair play
Good points all rou nd KK but the problem is that this game is also a rare chance to build our own support. There was no need to risk a sense of unfairness. People are upset, that did not have to happen. If the Rangers game is a cash cow as you say, it well sell out anyway, and we don't care about them as they pass through our league, then it should have been £18 for every ticket. Fair's fair, and we maximise revenue, without upsetting our own fans as much as we have done

I get the impression that this Temp Terracing idea was rushed through quite quickly and the Club has seen the only way to make it pay for itself immediately was to offer it only to the away support thus ensuring its usage 100%, the timescale that the Club has achieved this remarkable Ground-change in probably didn’t leave much time to garner Supporter’s votes or start voucher schemes etc. What I am saying though is purely conjecture, we don’t really know, for all we do know, it may actually have been a Police decision to only give the Terracing to the away support!!!

But the structure will be used at least another twice this Season, so there is plenty of opportunity to put such plans for a fairer share of the pie in place!!!

But in saying that, the Club should be applauded for being capable of implementing and then acting upon these plans in the ludicrously short timescale they gave themselves, honestly could you have seen such things happening during previous regimes???

And regarding the difference in price between Terracing and Stand, I’m sure there is something in place regarding facilities and amenities which are provided, I don’t think you can charge somebody the same price for the privilege of pissing in a Portaloo and not getting a pie as somebody who can eat and pee in the comfort of our luxurious Stand. The very reason it costs the same to stand or sit at Stennie is because you use the same toilets and eat at the same hut regardless of where you stand or sit!!!

fair play

A great port which I thin covers all

And regarding the difference in price between Terracing and Stand, I’m sure there is something in place regarding facilities and amenities which are provided, I don’t think you can charge somebody the same price for the privilege of pissing in a Portaloo and not getting a pie as somebody who can eat and pee in the comfort of our luxurious Stand. The very reason it costs the same to stand or sit at Stennie is because you use the same toilets and eat at the same hut regardless of where you stand or sit!!!
[/quote]

Was the use of the Sauna, Steam Room and Jaccuzi the reason we were charged £1 more at Ibrox than the Rangers fans !!????

Going back to the Club charging East fife fans £18 rather than the £16 the rangers fans are paying. There are going to be Fife fans at the game who haven't been at Bayview for a while. To make up for the extra money charged next week why don't the club issue a voucher for £3 off an adult admission for the next home game against Stranraer on 16th November. Those with a voucher could get in for a tenner and hopefully entice a bigger than normal crowd for the fixture and hopefully encourage more fans to return. This may also go some way to appease the fans who feel they are being mistreated by being charged more than the rangers fans.

Bayviewboy
Going back to the Club charging East fife fans £18 rather than the £16 the rangers fans are paying. There are going to be Fife fans at the game who haven't been at Bayview for a while. To make up for the extra money charged next week why don't the club issue a voucher for £3 off an adult admission for the next home game against Stranraer on 16th November. Those with a voucher could get in for a tenner and hopefully entice a bigger than normal crowd for the fixture and hopefully encourage more fans to return. This may also go some way to appease the fans who feel they are being mistreated by being charged more than the rangers fans.

fantastic shout!