Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Last home league game v Rangers - February 1974

Anyone any memories of this game? I remember going to the game with my dad and I was still at Aberhill primary school.

For the record we lost 3-0 but I think it might have been 1-0 until at least 70/75 minutes?

I remember Rangers had a young keeper playing, Donald Hunter, and he was only about 17/18 years old as McCloy and Kennedy were unavailable. I remember going to the game and my dad telling me we had a chance as there keeper was only a young guy and we had beaten them earlier in the season at Ibrox!

I ended up working beside Donald Hunter 25 years after this game and he remembered the game as his pals from school were all behind the goals and kept talking to him!

Anyway we got beat and never really looked like beating them from what I remember.

Anyone remember the game? Anyone got the teams?

Re: Last home league game v Rangers - February 1974

Found details of game / teams.

Saturday 9th February 1974

East Fife - 0
McGarr, Printy, Gillies, Clarke, Borthwick, Rae, Miller, McIvor, Kinnear, Love, McPhee ( Hegarty ), sub Jones

Rangers - 3
Hunter, Jardine, Mathieson, O'Hara, Jackson, Johnstone, Mclean, Scott, Parlane, Hamilton, Morris, subs Fyfe, Young

Scorers - Hamilton 44, Scott 80, McLean 86
H/Tt 0 - 1

Attendance 8,499

East Fife unused sub listed as Jones? Cant remember anything about him?

That game was Harry Kinnear's debut

David Jones (also occasional lead singer for The Monkees) made one substitute appearance for us away from home in the Scottish Cup v Queen of the South in the previous month.

All very interesting, but why all the nostalgia over games against a vile institution that's now defunct?

Dysart Lino
All very interesting, but why all the nostalgia over games against a vile institution that's now defunct?

Yeah fair point......would you rather we spoke about St.Bernards, another defunct institution, probably not vile, although we did beat them on the way to winning the Scottish Cup??????

Argyll Fifer
Dysart Lino

Yeah fair point......would you rather we spoke about St.Bernards, another defunct institution, probably not vile, although we did beat them on the way to winning the Scottish Cup??????

Now now. Don't mention the winning of the Scottish Cup to the linos AF