Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Traffic Arrangements for East Fife V Rangers 26 Oct

“TRAFFIC DIRECTIONS AND ADVICE - EAST FIFE FC v RANGERS FC ON SATURDAY 26 OCTOBER 2013 – KICK OFF 3pm
Venue: East Fife Football Club, New Bayview Stadium, Harbour View, Methil, KY8 3RW

Parking for motor cars at this venue is very limited and it is requested that local supporters walk or use public transport where possible. Where you have to bring a car it is recommended that the town centre and promenade car parks in Leven are used. Strict traffic enforcement including tow-away zones are in place around the ground.

Travelling Supporters by BUS
Please follow signposts initially for Leven. From Kirkcaldy take the A915 Standing Stane Road for 3 miles before turning right onto the B930 (Percival Road) signposted Buckhaven. After one mile at the T junction turn left onto Methilhaven Road (A955) then almost immediately right onto Wellesley Road (B931). Continue on Wellesley Road for one mile until the junction with Sea Road / Swan Brae. Turn right onto Swan Brae and at the roundabout take the first exit onto High Street (two blocks of high flats to the nearside). Continue ahead on High Street, Lower Methil until the ‘Road Closed’ sign. You will be directed to park thereafter by police on South Street, Lower Methil which has been closed for this purpose. Supporters will alight in this area which is a very short distance from the ground. Buses will remain at this location for uplift of supporters after the game.

Travelling Supporters by MINIBUS
Please follow signposts initially for Leven. From Kirkcaldy take the A915 Standing Stane Road for 3 miles before turning right onto the B930 (Percival Road) signposted Buckhaven. After one mile at the T junction turn left onto Methilhaven Road (A955). Stay on Methilhaven Road for one mile and take the second exit at the roundabout, continuing ahead. After a further mile at the next roundabout (Bawbee Bridge) take the second exit onto South Street, Lower Methil (B932). Take the first left (Harbour View) and then the first right (Wemyss Place)(Road Closed Sign). You will be directed to park thereafter by police on Wemyss Place which has been restricted for this purpose. Supporters will alight in this area which is basically at the ground. Minibuses will remain at this location for uplift of supporters after the game.

General Matters
The parking areas adjoin local housing and supporters are requested to modify their behaviour accordingly. The entire area is subject of local byelaws prohibiting the consumption of alcohol.
There will be toilets outside the ground towards the north end for use by supporters as well as obviously facilities inside.
Away supporters will have tickets marked for the temporary terracing - Gates 1, 2, 3 & 4. Please ensure that you establish from police / stewards where your gate is located and enter the ground early.
It is vital that those supporters seated in the main stand sit in the seat allocated. An ejection policy will be carried out by the stewards for those who do not comply.

This will be the largest game ever played at New Bayview Stadium and it is hoped that it can be an exciting sporting event for all. Please enjoy the game.”

Re: Traffic Arrangements for East Fife V Rangers 26 Oct

Eugene Clarke

It is vital that those supporters seated in the main stand sit in the seat allocated. An ejection policy will be carried out by the stewards for those who do not comply.

Can we have it confirmed that any away fans in the home end will be ejected please Eugene??

TE
Eugene Clarke

Can we have it confirmed that any away fans in the home end will be ejected please Eugene??

So if two guys went to the game together one was east fife n one was rangers both from methil you want the rangers fan ejected?

Cr
TE
Eugene Clarke

So if two guys went to the game together one was east fife n one was rangers both from methil you want the rangers fan ejected?

Makes sense. If you support sevco you shouldn't be in the East Fife end.

Eugene as a disabled supporter will I still be able to use the disabled parking bays at the sea wall end,i will be coming down about 2 o,clock.

Cr
TE
Eugene Clarke

If the hypothetical Rangers fan wore no colours, didn't cheer when they scored and generally kept quiet then there wouldn't be a problem. If he does any of these things he should be promtly ejected.

If you think that's unfair then you go to Ibrox and openly support the opposition from the home end and see how long you're allowed to remain there.

Cr
TE
Eugene Clarke

Yes. And stoned.

Cr
TE
Eugene Clarke

Yes I would.
The Sevco fan should buy a ticket through Sevco and be stood with the rest of the gloryhunters.

The home end is for home support. I didn't go and sit in the Rangers end when we went to Ibrox

Cr
TE
Eugene Clarke

If he cheers when Rangers score or anything like that then that's exactly what I want. I have a good friend who supports Dundee United and he has talked of fighting at tannadice when old firm fans were sitting in the home end. I for one don't want to see scenes like that at Bayview. I have a 10 year old son that I take with me who would be terrified if this happens. If I see anyone cheering the Rangers on near me I'll be reporting them in an instant and hope the majority of others would too!!

I certainly wouldn't have dreamed of sitting in the home end at East End Park on Saturday cos I dunno if I could have contained myself when East Fife scored and I would not blame a pars fan for hitting me!!

It's simple really.........sit/stand among your own fans

This is obviously a concern for a lot of people and to avoid further confusion and to clarify matters, I would hope that the club issues a statement as soon as possible regarding away fans in the home end.

All it would take is for one altercation for the situation to escalate and that is something that nobody wants.

No official statement regarding this ... It's a trifle concerning.... I suspect we will be well penetrated and that's not a good position to be in... Home stand for home supporters.. Simples!

TE
Cr
TE
Eugene Clarke

If he cheers when Rangers score or anything like that then that's exactly what I want. I have a good friend who supports Dundee United and he has talked of fighting at tannadice when old firm fans were sitting in the home end. I for one don't want to see scenes like that at Bayview. I have a 10 year old son that I take with me who would be terrified if this happens. If I see anyone cheering the Rangers on near me I'll be reporting them in an instant and hope the majority of others would too!!

I certainly wouldn't have dreamed of sitting in the home end at East End Park on Saturday cos I dunno if I could have contained myself when East Fife scored and I would not blame a pars fan for hitting me!!

He has attended 8 games this season with me I try to get him along every week but because were playing rangers he can't come

Cr
TE
Cr
TE
Eugene Clarke

He has attended 8 games this season with me I try to get him along every week but because were playing rangers he can't come

If only there was a section of the ground dedicated to facilitate supporters of the opposition.

Cr
TE
Cr
TE
Eugene Clarke

he comes to Bayview... does he not know where Ibrox is like?

He has attended 8 games this season with me I try to get him along every week but because were playing rangers he can't come [/quote]

If he's supporting East Fife then he's welcome in the home end.....................if he's supporting Rangers then he should be in the away end and if couldn't get a ticket in the away end then he should not attend!!

It's fucking obvious

There will plenty of East Fife fans who never even got a sniff of a ticket.
Me for example!

Rightly or wrongly there will be plenty Rangers supporters in the home end and when/if the show face its unlikely the stewards will do anything about it.

Noisy Crossbar
Cr
TE
Eugene Clarke

Yes. And stoned.

you want him stoned? unfortunetly no smoking in the stadium thankyou