Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Big news - coming soon...

Quote from Lee Murray on twitter:

'@EastFifeFC hope to give the fans some big news this week stand by for all info coming soon! #montheFife'

I'll try keep this updated, but in the mean time, anyone any idea what it is?

Re: Big news - coming soon...

It's a tie up with PSG.

Lee's been, or might even still be, in US, so clearly East Fife are about to become the 21st team in Major League Soccer.

Can't wait!

We`ve overspent

Hopefully it's that Rangers fans in the home end on Saturday will be ejected immediately.

He's seen the forecast and it is going to blow a gale and pour of rain.

Ok, I'm 61 and followed the fife since school days, so that's +- 50 years. So what's happened in that time news wise that's "BIG"

1. League cup final 1953 when I was 1 year old. Big, but expected of us back then.

2. Dramatically losing our top team status in the late 50's. That was a very big demise after what went before.

3. Getting back up there with Pat Quinn and a very good squad, only to drop again.

4. Steve Archibald signing for us, quite big.

5. New stadium with road to oblivion saved only by debtors going bankrupt, much like hearts just now, luck. VERY BIG.

6. Derek Broon, need I say more?

7. Takeover by Brian and lee. VERY VERY BIG AND VERY VERY GOOD,!!

8. NOW, SOMETHING ELSE BREWING BUT WHAT? .

It'll be about Christian Nade. Obviously.

Craig Gordon? Was he at Hearts when Aitchison was washing the strips or whatever he was doing? He'll certainly be mates with Neilson and Naysmith. He's been trying to get back to full fitness, will want to play if fit and certainly won't need the money.

pure speculation
Craig Gordon? Was he at Hearts when Aitchison was washing the strips or whatever he was doing? He'll certainly be mates with Neilson and Naysmith. He's been trying to get back to full fitness, will want to play if fit and certainly won't need the money.

might be something in this

It's a new ride on lawnmower!

On second thoughts if it's 'BIG' news it can only be Christian Nade

The big news is .... He's getting a new puggy in macpails .

The 1st of (hopefully) 3 bits of news from us this week is that our admission prices for 21st Dec game V Brechin will be reduced to £10/£5.

sammy
The 1st of (hopefully) 3 bits of news from us this week is that our admission prices for 21st Dec game V Brechin will be reduced to £10/£5.

Yes that is good news but small fry. Let's hope the news gets progressively bigger so by Friday the news is so big and brilliant that we all spontaneously shit our pants at the sheer scale of it.

I'd like to think that the 'big' news isn't Nade. Don't really think it's Lee's sort of thing to announce, that's for the coaching side of things surely?

Samsung HI purchasing our land for energy park expansion with new stadium built and paid for + cash at Windygates road. Stadium to be named THE HI STADIUM.

Really good news for the majority of supporters. However, people with concession season tickets who pay £7.50 a game might not see the good news so positively.

martin black
Really good news for the majority of supporters. However, people with concession season tickets who pay £7.50 a game might not see the good news so positively.

Why not?

martin black
Im a season ticket holder and think this reduction is great, after all the pay at the gate punter has had to fork out extra for the Servco game whereas it didnt cost any more for us season ticket holders.Why is it that when the club try and do something positive we always get these numpties coming on with shit like this.

Agree, club have made mistakes with sevco pricing but any reduction for other games should be commended. Hopefully we'll see an improved crowd against Brechin as they have a tiny support.

Read the post numptie there was no criticism only a statement of fact. But you will be one of the keyboard wonders hiding behind anonymity. If you've not got the guts to put your name to any insults or criticism shut yer puss

martin black
Read the post numptie there was no criticism only a statement of fact. But you will be one of the keyboard wonders hiding behind anonymity. If you've not got the guts to put your name to any insults or criticism shut yer puss

Not a fact Martin, unless you are talking on behalf of yourself, or someone you have spoken to about it. I am not complaining for example and it may be that nobody else is actually bothered either, so your comment is only supposition (and negative)?

martin black

Well Martin, I'm expecting a voucher for a pie and a bovril for all us auld guys who are season ticket holders seeing as we have already paid over the odds for this game. As for those moaners who are paying extra for the Rangers game maybe they should have forked out for a season ticket, but they are probably only part-time supporters anyway.

booooo to the fans that are moaning about this.

You're mumbling about a couple of quid while the club are trying to grow the support and generate revenue to build a team.

As an aside, do you see the concession as an entitlement and if so WHY?

As a full paying punter, I'm subsiding you concessionary moan-bots and just you remember that. Know your place!

Fifey
Samsung HI purchasing our land for energy park expansion with new stadium built and paid for + cash at Windygates road. Stadium to be named THE HI STADIUM.

I heard it would be called the Samsung Heavy Industries Turbine stadium.

When you are a pensioner a couple of quid is quite a lot. As for entitlement maybe when you have been supporting our team for 60 years a little return from the club is nice. Also that pie and Bovril would be my tea!! Have to go, my carer has just come in with my lunch, yum yum mince and tatties again.

Auld Geezer
When you are a pensioner a couple of quid is quite a lot. As for entitlement maybe when you have been supporting our team for 60 years a little return from the club is nice. Also that pie and Bovril would be my tea!! Have to go, my carer has just come in with my lunch, yum yum mince and tatties again.

Feel really sorry for you AG. I bet you canny afford a fag or a wee drink these days eh? How on earth did you find the money for yer season ticket? Did ye hiv tae put the car aff the road? Hard times indeed!

Auld Geezer
When you are a pensioner a couple of quid is quite a lot.

Are you saying pensioners have less of a disposable income that working parents. Doubt it.

Big Fifer
I'd like to think that the 'big' news isn't Nade. Don't really think it's Lee's sort of thing to announce, that's for the coaching side of things surely?

Lee Murray's twitter is the first place any new signings are announced. He done it with most of the players.

It is Nade, He played an hour last week and scored, He's also close to full fitness. Lee always said it wouldn't be announced till he's fully fit. Ill be shocked if the big news isn't Nade.

Noisy Crossbar
Fifey

I heard it would be called the Samsung Heavy Industries Turbine stadium.

That's the kind of thing that can happen if you're careless when trying to control wind.

Apparently, Samsung are setting up a subsidiary to manage the stadium project called Power Industries Samsung Sport.

Well hope it better than news up-date #2 Cheap bus to Ibrox ...how about cheap bus to ayr ? sorry not for me that one

Interesting choice of away game to try and boost our support to.

One of the easiest away games to get to, where you can barely hear us because they have the PA system so loud and there's about 40,000 home fans. A game we're very likely to lose too.

We must have 9-10 very winnable games before then against clubs with budgets and supports similar to our own who play in places that can be harder to get to than Glasgow. Great that club want to assist away travel but certainly a confusing choice of game to do it for.

So another bit of news for fans is that the club will be subsidising the transport to the Rangers away game in January. More details in Jan'

I hope this is changed from the club, could not pick a worse game to subsidise ...wot a joke ..this move could cost us a chance of a bus at every away game this season
that`s more important to east fife fc than taking a Cpl o extra huns fae leven with us to ibrox surely Mr Lee Murray ???

Christ Almighty some people are NEVER happy on this. The club listened to fans who wanted subsidised ticket prices for matches after the Rangers game, which is now happening, and now people moan about getting cheaper travel for an away match. Lets give credit where credit is due.

Bus Wanker you are indeed a wanker.

Consider this FACT

the bus operates on a loss to stranraer makes a profit for rangers game

Maybe if more wankers went on the bus every week ? or just not bother going to stranraer or ayr then.

Surely Lee Murray would be better getting buses laid on for the cup match at Forfar? The Rangers thing this season is shit and I am sick of it. Personally I get more excited about the Pars games than any game v Rangers home or away. Come on East Fife board and get buses for a proper game and not the blue nose circus.

Albert Tatlock
Surely Lee Murray would be better getting buses laid on for the cup match at Forfar? The Rangers thing this season is shit and I am sick of it. Personally I get more excited about the Pars games than any game v Rangers home or away. Come on East Fife board and get buses for a proper game and not the blue nose circus.

Gotta agree with every word Albert says here.

Albert Tatlock

Thing is Albert when we go up with them through the play-offs we'll have this all again next season.

I do agree with your point though, I'll be glad to see the back of this charade frankly.

Terracing Now!
Albert Tatlock

Thing is Albert when we go up with them through the play-offs we'll have this all again next season.

The way Rangers are spending money I doubt anyone will have to play them next season.

Albert Tatlock

spot on albert, plenty other away games this season

Just saw on Twitter, Lee has asked for feedback on preferred game for subsidised away travel. Fair play to him for taking on board the feelings expressed by the fans. So far Forfar in the Cup is popular

Well done Lee for listening to the fans

I made a comment earlier on Twitter regarding the Clubs offer of subsidised travel to Ibrox in January saying that I was not knocking the gesture but felt that subsidised travel could be used for another game where the players would get a lift from a big support.
I appreciate the work that Lee Murray and the board are doing and this gesture to the fans is great. My reasons though for questioning the Rangers game are as follows -
I know a few regular fans who are not going or taking their kids to Bayview for this Saturdays game against Rangers for various reasons including sectarian chants, etc. The offer of subsidised travel to Ibrox is not going to entice them to travel to Glasgow.
The support we took to Ibrox for the game earlier in the season was decent in numbers but I don't think many more will go to the game in January because of reduced travel costs. Our support at Ibrox will be dwarfed by their fans and whilst the players get a lift from our support, they also get a lift from the whole atmosphere. To be honest we are unlikely to get a result at Ibrox (we live in hope !) so our support is unlikely to work in our favour and increase our chances of victory. Glasgow is also quite easy to travel to independently by train or public buses.
The reasons that I offered Forfar away in the cup as a better option are - not particularly easy to get to by public transport (no railway station) A big vocal travelling support (like at East end last week) in a smaller crowd is more likely to lift the players to greater efforts. If we can win the Cup tie at Forfar roared on by a big travelling support! we will then have the chance of a decent money spinning draw in the next round. It may be too late to organise this for a week on Sat and if so the next game away to Dunfermline, away to Ayr in December when money is tight, or the long journey to Stranraer may be better alternatives than the trip to Ibrox.
Just an opinion and in no way am I criticising the gesture being made by the club in rewarding fans by offering cut price travel to an away game.

The club should have just said " hey a1 are running busses to ibrox some spare seats if anyone's going "

Subsidized travel to Forfar would be much better, bigger game and we will be heard up there. We are East Fife fans, and I'm sure the majority of us couldn't give a Fuck about either of the OF.

Lee Murray asking fans on twitter to vote on what game we would like cheaper travel too. Well done Lee. Forfar please.

Bus Wanker
I hope this is changed from the club, could not pick a worse game to subsidise ...wot a joke ..this move could cost us a chance of a bus at every away game this season
that`s more important to east fife fc than taking a Cpl o extra huns fae leven with us to ibrox surely Mr Lee Murray ???

Has it been changed?? because my reading of it is the club are still running buses to ibrox? but that's up to them, cannot blame them if they can get the 250 fae brannigans willing to go thru ?

the fact they are going to help with another bus this season though, is brilliant news!!! well done lee your a legend x

All this bus subsidizing is all news to me.

Zak
All this bus subsidizing is all news to me.

Perhaps you need Bus Whanker to lend you a hand.