Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pro Youths.

I was thinking of bringing my grandson to the youths training but had heard that a couple of the teams had left and went to Kennoway because of some sort of disagreement. When I went into the club website I found the youths part of the site no help atall. There is no up to date info on the site and it looks as if the coaches and teams have not been updated for a couple of years. All in all not much of an incentive to bring my grandson. Must do better Youth Organisers.

Re: Pro Youths.

I am a coach in the youth set up and the coaches are 100% determined to progress young talents, unfortunately the head of the set up and the whole pro youth system is a joke and we are working towards changes, go on Facebook there is a page called East fife youth academy and post what age group he is and either a coach or an age rep will get back to you on training dates and when to bring him along - hope this helps :)

!!
I was thinking of bringing my grandson to the youths training but had heard that a couple of the teams had left and went to Kennoway because of some sort of disagreement. When I went into the club website I found the youths part of the site no help atall. There is no up to date info on the site and it looks as if the coaches and teams have not been updated for a couple of years. All in all not much of an incentive to bring my grandson. Must do better Youth Organisers.

What makes you think your grandson is good enough like? It doesn't work like that mate, if he is good enough, he will be asked if he wants to come, not the boy deciding if the club is good enough for him, or his grand-dad.

??
!!

What makes you think your grandson is good enough like? It doesn't work like that mate, if he is good enough, he will be asked if he wants to come, not the boy deciding if the club is good enough for him, or his grand-dad.

Not what one of the youth coaches said in the post before your one. Thank god you are not a coach, what an ambassador for the club you would be.

Firstly to the grandad, you have probably been looking on the old junior supporters club web page which was like you say out dated.
Your grandson would be more than welcome along to the academy where he can take part in the training for the team for his age.
He would obviously have to prove himself to see where he is ability wise but as there are new squads starting up at all ages, he would more than likely be involved at some level.
Getting to the point of the academy as a whole, this is a new set up which is still in its early stages.
Teething problems are understandable.
The head of the academy puts a lot if time and effort into the running of the club and probably like anyone will make mistakes or do something that not everyone agrees on.
If you have a problem get on the commitee and voice your opinion for all to be heard.
Or speak up to who it concerns.
As for the pro youth, what age group are you on about or is it the whole setup?
I have my opinion in how my age group was handled but I voiced my opinion openly and no behind a false name.
If you've a problem mate just speak up. It's no hard.
A reckon you are someone I know so if you don't talk to me next time a see you I will know who you are.
Get behind the setup man, no down it.

Mike
Firstly to the grandad, you have probably been looking on the old junior supporters club web page which was like you say out dated.
Your grandson would be more than welcome along to the academy where he can take part in the training for the team for his age.
He would obviously have to prove himself to see where he is ability wise but as there are new squads starting up at all ages, he would more than likely be involved at some level.
Getting to the point of the academy as a whole, this is a new set up which is still in its early stages.
The head of the academy puts a lot if time and effort into the running of the club and probably like anyone will make mistakes or do something that not everyone agrees on.
If you have a problem get on the commitee and voice your opinion for all to be heard.
I have my opinion in how my age group was handled but I voiced my opinion openly and no behind a false name.
A reckon you are someone I know so if you don't talk to me next time a see you I will know who you are.

Mike for a start I am not against the set up, i only stated that the web site was out of date, if there is a new one where is it? You would be as well dumping the old one if it dosn't tell anything. I expected to get some info about the academy on it thats all. I don't want to join the committee or voice any opinions I just expected the club website to have the information I wanted.

!!
Mike

Mike for a start I am not against the set up, i only stated that the web site was out of date, if there is a new one where is it? You would be as well dumping the old one if it dosn't tell anything. I expected to get some info about the academy on it thats all. I don't want to join the committee or voice any opinions I just expected the club website to have the information I wanted.

As far as I understand it, the boys in the Pro-Youth teams are selected on ability playing for various boys clubs like the EFJSC teams. A father (or grandad) doesn't decide if his boy will play for any of the East Fife Pro Youth teams, it is scouts and coaches who decide. So if your boy is already playing at boys club level, then he would be approached if he was deemed to be a good prospect.
It appears you are wanting your lad to join an East Fife Pro Youth team, but that is not your decision. If it were Man Utd/City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle Utd, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Rangers or Celtic etc Pro Youth teams, would you take your boy to them and expect him to get a game? You wouldn't, so why would you expect East Fife, or any other senior club to automatically give him games? Therefore, why are you whinging about the website?

??
!!
Mike

As far as I understand it, the boys in the Pro-Youth teams are selected on ability playing for various boys clubs like the EFJSC teams. A father (or grandad) doesn't decide if his boy will play for any of the East Fife Pro Youth teams, it is scouts and coaches who decide. So if your boy is already playing at boys club level, then he would be approached if he was deemed to be a good prospect.
It appears you are wanting your lad to join an East Fife Pro Youth team, but that is not your decision. If it were Man Utd/City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle Utd, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Rangers or Celtic etc Pro Youth teams, would you take your boy to them and expect him to get a game? You wouldn't, so why would you expect East Fife, or any other senior club to automatically give him games? Therefore, why are you whinging about the website?

?? My mistake, I should have titled my post Youth Academy not Pro Youths, the point I was making (not whinging) was that to get info on the academy you can either go from the Pro Youths or a youths box, both of these lead to the academy section of the website and what i was also pointing out was there is no updated info on the site for anyone, the coaches are out of date, the teams are out of date the information is out of date. I kind of worked out that you had to be able to play at a reasonable level before you got into the under 20 squad, I'm not that daft. Your not responsible for the site are you, maybe that is why you are hot under the collar.

I think the name 'East Fife Youth Academy' sounds like its a pro youth set up. Is the Academy the old Junior Supporters Club set up and separate to the pro youth teams?

We are now known as East Fife Youth Academy. This entails kids of all ages starting from wee Fifers up to u-13 where they then can be selected for the pro youth up to 19's then the first team.
The Pro -Youth are a separate set up. Although they are still affiliated to East Fife FC as is The Academy.
The Academy squads all play in the CEFSSA Leagues at 7's then move to 11's playing in the FFDL league.
When we go 11's the boys are given trials by the pro setup where they may be selected for the pro youth team, players from around the league will be scouted as well but east fife academy players are given first opportunity.
There is no official website now as the old one was for the now defunked East Fife JSC.
We have an East Fife Academy page on Facebook and also on Twitter.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Mike. That's what I thought but wasn't 100% sure.