Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Rangers fans in the home end

I am a regular poster on here but am using a different name as I don't want to get people who shared this information into trouble. It has been confirmed that Levenmouth Rangers Supporters Clubs have grouped together and bought 250 tickets for the home end for Saturday as through the appropriate channels they were only able to get 10 tickets for the away end.
I genuinely cannot believe that an idiot at Bayview has allowed one person to walk in and buy 250 tickets without questions being asked. It has meant that hundreds of genuine fans have been unable to get tickets for this game. I am completely flabbergasted that this has happened. Yes we want to maximise the profit margins, I get that, but we might as well just gift wrap them the 3 points now.
As a board riddled with devout Rangers fans, this is a huge kick in the teeth to loyal East Fife fans. You've got this horribly wrong, you've got the buses to a pointless game at Ibrox horribly wrong, you don't get it, we are East Fife Football Club and we couldn't care less about Rangers. To all of us, games against Airdrie, Forfar and the likes are far more important.
Without doubt we, as genuine fans need an apology, or at very least an explanation, as to how this fiasco has been allowed to take place.

Re: Rangers fans in the home end

It's a shambles! I know loads from my work who are glory hunters who are sitting in the home end. To charge loyal fans an extra £5 for a normal league game is shocking as well. Heard the terracing has been painted blue? Surely not? Oh well, I'm sure Lee Murray and his blue nose pals will have a great time! Dont be surprised to hear Tina Turner on the pa system. I'll be glad when this is over. Hope the few Fife fans enjoy sitting with the bigots! I won't be there. See u's all at Forfar in cup. Good luck East Fife. Nothing to lose.

Just refuse them entry. They have acquired the tickets under false pretences, they are not East fife fans so they will have fuck all to complain about.

But selling a block of 250 tickets? That is unbelievable, that amount of tickets should not have been sold to anyone regardless of who they are.

If it is true, a massive fuck up all round and if there is trouble the blame will come back squarely on the club.

Don't let them in, simple.

It is a difficult thing, stopping a local gloryhunter buying a ticket, however, steps should be in place to make it more difficult for them to buy in bulk.

Would it have been such an issue to have a maximum purchase of 4 tickets to people not known by the club (ie season book holders or supporters club members). At least would have made it more awkward for them.

You know in a way, I won't mind the orc hordes on the terrace as much. They at least go to the games to be allocated away tickets. Half the ones in our end will have been to Ibrox less times than Bon Jovi (nicked that phrase from Pie and Bovril). Utter cretins

Is the blue terracing for real? I know it's only a colour at the end of the day, but Painting them yellow/gold would have been better.

Dear dear.
It has meant that hundreds of genuine fans have been unable to get tickets for this game.

Is that the hundreds of genuine fans that fill our ground every home game?With average gates of around 600/700 there were more than enough tickets for the genuine fans although I do think its laughable if true that the knuckle draggers were able to purchase a block of 250 tickets.

Unfortunately our club like others see this game more of a cash cow than a game of football

Lets be honest here for a second. If local gloryhunters didnt buy tickets for the home end it wouldn't have been a sell-out. So just accept there may be rangers fans in the home end and get over it, this will bring in extra revenue for the club which will help us in the long haul. ITS ONLY WAN DAY FFS.

#MonTheFife

Its 2 games we play them at home

Yeah 250 block of tickets has been sold to local gers supporters club ??

What I cant believe is there is 250 folk go to ibrox fae leven. So that's 5 buses each game going to ibrox wtf that's just so wrong !!!

Hope they have respect for the local east fife supporters, most will im sure

BlackandGold
Lets be honest here for a second. If local gloryhunters didnt buy tickets for the home end it wouldn't have been a sell-out. So just accept there may be rangers fans in the home end and get over it, this will bring in extra revenue for the club which will help us in the long haul. ITS ONLY WAN DAY FFS.

#MonTheFife

True.

Hopefully those 250 fans like what they see and decide to come back and support their local team.

Let's show them the best of what being an East Fife supporter is all about.

Well if they wear their colours they won't be allowed in to the home end, will they. I can't see not a scrap of blue not appearing on all of them. I would also imagine that for the sake of security if all 250 jump up and down for a Rangers goal (they won't be able to contain themselves) the police will eject them, yes?

I heard earlier this week the chairman sold 250 direct to the bloke that runs the bigot bus from Leven. Disgraceful.
I hope the stewards have the balls to eject them from the home end when they make themselves known - I somehow doubt it though and it will be an uncomfortable 90 mins

Im a Bus Wanker
Its 2 games we play them at home

Yeah 250 block of tickets has been sold to local gers supporters club ??

What I cant believe is there is 250 folk go to ibrox fae leven. So that's 5 buses each game going to ibrox wtf that's just so wrong !!!

Hope they have respect for the local east fife supporters, most will im sure

They probably don't all go through. There'll be plenty of the McPhaills brigade who just go to the pub to cheer on "the rainjurz" and have a wee sing song

As stated i will not jump up and down (IF) we score but i have a ticket for the home end and i will respect you lot and lighten up cash for your club on tickets you probs would not have sold.COCO see you in the dungeon at 12 noon pal.

Paul Raymond
I heard earlier this week the chairman sold 250 direct to the bloke that runs the bigot bus from Leven. Disgraceful.
I hope the stewards have the balls to eject them from the home end when they make themselves known - I somehow doubt it though and it will be an uncomfortable 90 mins

The chairman wasn't even in the country at the time.

As for loads of fans missing out, given that we normally get maybe 700 or so, where are all these genuine fans every other week.

Labelling people bigots just because they are rangers fans is lazy stereotyping, lets be frank, without rangers fans the home stand would not have sold out this weekend and if anyone seriously thinks hundreds will be thrown out they are sadly deluded.

A sense of realism
Paul Raymond

The chairman wasn't even in the country at the time.

As for loads of fans missing out, given that we normally get maybe 700 or so, where are all these genuine fans every other week.

Labelling people bigots just because they are rangers fans is lazy stereotyping, lets be frank, without rangers fans the home stand would not have sold out this weekend and if anyone seriously thinks hundreds will be thrown out they are sadly deluded.

[Well said i have always had a soft spot for EFFC and attend games when circumstances provail so dont get this knicker wetting from home fans take the cash and good luck to use.
Coco are we getting a taxi fi the dungeon as am no walking fi the hoot hoot

Ure on about the place been full of rangers fans a go home and away wi rangers and rangers fans are in the away end at other clubs , u should be happy that were filling ure ground and if it wiz ni rangers use were playing the morra there would only be the usual 200 of use

lee
Ure on about the place been full of rangers fans a go home and away wi rangers and rangers fans are in the away end at other clubs , u should be happy that were filling ure ground and if it wiz ni rangers use were playing the morra there would only be the usual 200 of use

"enjoy your day"

I'm missing out. We'll never know how many other genuine East Fife fans could have been at the game now. I suspect a lot more.

I'm not in the Trust, Club or an ST holder, so the tickets went on sale for me shortly before last Friday lunchtime. I have a job, so my earliest opportunity to check was Saturday morning. I got up very early, before the ticket office opened, but they were all sold on Friday. I didn't expect that, since we usually get 5-700 or so, and most of the regulars would have bought in the advance sale. There should have been plenty left.

It's the occasional attenders like me who are missing out. We're not there every week, but we're East Fife fans, and we could be enticed to attend more often.

I don't want to be too critical of the club, they've done a lot right to make this the biggest Fife game in decades. Maybe they could run a voucher scheme to turn us occasional attenders more regular in the weeks before the next one?

Hope you all have a great day. I'm off to watch Scotland Women instead.

Auld Geezer
Well if they wear their colours they won't be allowed in to the home end, will they. I can't see not a scrap of blue not appearing on all of them. I would also imagine that for the sake of security if all 250 jump up and down for a Rangers goal (they won't be able to contain themselves) the police will eject them, yes?

This hapend right in front of me with maybe 20 orcs and police and stewards stood back and said that there was nothing that they could do about it ! Bitterly dissapointed that this was allowed to happen

Mr T
Auld Geezer

This hapend right in front of me with maybe 20 orcs and police and stewards stood back and said that there was nothing that they could do about it ! Bitterly dissapointed that this was allowed to happen

front of block B? I was there too. It was made worse by the fact the Orcs then knewthe police would do nothing and revelled in it.

Regarding today's game I am very disappointed and angry that away fans were allowed into home stand. I was at game as a group of 7adults and 7 kids and have never been to any game where there was such a bad and pretty intimidating atmosphere. I didn't think that away fans would be admitted to the stand and was under the impression that any getting in would be ejected. I was really saddened that nothing was said or done to remove the large group sitting down from us when the were celebrating the goals or mouthing off at the home fans sitting around them. Although the EF fans were told to sit down and be quiet when we complained. Surely this is a public safety issue? It really spoiled what should have been a good day out as everything else seemed so well organised and the players put everything into the game for the fans.

The sale of home tickets to the away support is very wrong. I have been a supporter of the fife for over 30 years. Been all over the country including huntly and other far off places. Attended most of the home games until about a year a go when changed job, but when i can try and go to games. I purchased shares when the club needed money building the new stadium. I did want to go to the game but the tickets were sold out. Now find out sold to the opposition fans, this no makes me reconsider my position as a fife fan. As for the board still to early to judges some improvements but this is a massive own goal

Goldie
Dear dear.
It has meant that hundreds of genuine fans have been unable to get tickets for this game.

Is that the hundreds of genuine fans that fill our ground every home game?With average gates of around 600/700 there were more than enough tickets for the genuine fans although I do think its laughable if true that the knuckle draggers were able to purchase a block of 250 tickets.

Unfortunately our club like others see this game more of a cash cow than a game of football

How long did the tickets for the home end take to sell out?

Jonathan
Goldie
Dear dear.

when on general sale, a couple of hours.

WullieBroonIsGod
Jonathan
Goldie
Dear dear.

when on general sale, a couple of hours.

Well, that's ridiculous. There will be plenty of 'real' fans AND 'part-time' fans that would not have been able to get a ticket in time.

The board could have sold 250 tickets for the away end, for all the Fife-based Rangers fans.

Selling the 250 in a block was calculated and it's too easy to make an announcement AFTER the game.

alan flemming
The sale of home tickets to the away support is very wrong. I have been a supporter of the fife for over 30 years. Been all over the country including huntly and other far off places. Attended most of the home games until about a year a go when changed job, but when i can try and go to games. I purchased shares when the club needed money building the new stadium. I did want to go to the game but the tickets were sold out. Now find out sold to the opposition fans, this no makes me reconsider my position as a fife fan. As for the board still to early to judges some improvements but this is a massive own goal

Alan don't give up yet mate, You should have phoned club before the general sale you would have got them sent out

You never missed much tho
Apart from some local folk dis-respecting there local club

Get yirself upto Forfar next week for a proper game

There was an EF supporter with his wife sitting in front of me who said he was embarrassed by the attitude of EF fans wanting Rangers supporters removed from the home end. I don't think he was a regular, and I don't have a problem with that, but perhaps it sums up why letting away fans mix in with home fans is not a good idea.
I was one of the fans shouting for these people (get it ?) to be removed and while EF losing may not have bothered him too much it bothers me a great deal. It may not bother him being taunted by hangers-on but that also bothers me a great deal.
Being taunted by opposition fans (from a distance)is part of football but having it happen close up by pretend football supporters made me so angry I couldn't get my sweetie out of its wrapper.
Not being able to ignore the taunting or to resist reacting to it is probably neither rational nor mature but that's the way it is for me so come on EF it can't be too difficult to arrange it for the EF stand to be for EF supporters.

If you travel to away grounds with no segregation (central park, station park, glebe park etc) there's no issue. Obviously these grounds are not sell outs of course, but rival fans can stand side by side and the atmodphere is fine.
To me the problem is almost the smug, sense of entitlement, that comes with old firm "fans".
Even before the game yesterday, we were aporoached by an arsehole telling us Rangers coming to town was "the best thing ever to happen to East Fife" and "we put on a show everywhere".

If you look on Facebook at the "getting it better" post, some of the replies by Sevco fans are embarrassing.

Interesting to note there were plenty away tickets available at the scumbag touts at the entrance on the main road.

I was at the game yestarday with my mum we had to sit in home end in the old away end for leauge games beside a camera man that kept standing up for the full game with his camera near the tunnel bloking my view to the right with nade and wilis behind us and a full of Rangers dotted round us which is a joke.
A Rangers fan got rejected out for being sick by stewards and police during first half but a guy then stand up at the front of main stand in view of others and stewards with a red jacket on started singing the sash for a minute with chris hamilton part of the board I saw did alert stewards to take action of this fanny but he later sat down with a fan telling him to sit down but never got put out. A joke.

I like the next east fife vs Rangers at bayview to be sit in near actual east fife supporters in the near future in home end. If yer no actual ef fans don't come and sing the sash.

I never got back home in glasgow e till 9pm was too tired to complain and it was my first ef game since the forfar game at bayview too, was it lee murrays idea to let Rangers fans in I guesss.

Also many were at the front before the game selling their tickets for home end too. Shambles I would say.

Also players sponcership with mascots before game and man of match went to stoney, mcbride and others who put in the effort must be pissed off. Though I do like stoney I dunno why he gets credit by Rangers fans the most bet if we had boboo balde playing for ef he would be booed.

Part from that the club should be doing bettter to re-unite ef fans like myself with other ef fans rather than cashing in on away supporters to fill our end I bet many now have season tickets thanks to lee murray for the next Rangers game at bayview shocking

Not The Other Chairman
There was an EF supporter with his wife sitting in front of me who said he was embarrassed by the attitude of EF fans wanting Rangers supporters removed from the home end. I don't think he was a regular, and I don't have a problem with that, but perhaps it sums up why letting away fans mix in with home fans is not a good idea.
I was one of the fans shouting for these people (get it ?) to be removed and while EF losing may not have bothered him too much it bothers me a great deal. It may not bother him being taunted by hangers-on but that also bothers me a great deal.
Being taunted by opposition fans (from a distance)is part of football but having it happen close up by pretend football supporters made me so angry I couldn't get my sweetie out of its wrapper.
Not being able to ignore the taunting or to resist reacting to it is probably neither rational nor mature but that's the way it is for me so come on EF it can't be too difficult to arrange it for the EF stand to be for EF supporters.

Next time they come, give them half the stand and let us have the terrace at the sea end. That will be enough to satisfy demand for both clubs so long as we ensure we sell our tickets (max 2 per person plus maybe a voucher scheme)to proper EF fans.

Sounds like you have a grudge against lee Murray because he told you too leave the reception

Didn't like the way he said at that day.Havent been back since and came to make the numbers for our support but still the club gets it wrong. But I still support ef and the club needs supporters like me on board and shouldn't get treated badly espically when I travel like I do to follow ef every week.

Cambuslang Fifer
Didn't like the way he said at that day.Havent been back since and came to make the numbers for our support but still the club gets it wrong. But I still support ef and the club needs supporters like me on board and shouldn't get treated badly espically when I travel like I do to follow ef every week.

You are blaming him for everything! Grow up. You said you weren't coming back I think but chose to do so when we were playing rangers and is your mother an east fife fan?

Ok then. Yeah but the club need me and supporters and I like east fife so going to the next home game believe its stranrear. Can't make forfar too long a drive plus don't have a car fae glasgow so stick to strarear and use public transport. Yes she is she's a fifer like me that's why she came.

Never seen her at a game before in your opinion is she one of the people who done the "real fans" out of a ticket?

Can we please stop these personal attacks? We are never going to see eye to eye with every other East fife supporter but the last thing we need is to chase guys who have clearly got some space for EFFC in their hearts.

Exactly KoF.

You clearly have a problem with Hendo, so take it somewhere else than this forum.

GoF
Exactly KoF.

You clearly have a problem with Hendo, so take it somewhere else than this forum.

No problems personally with him, just likes to feel sorry for himself.

would just like to make a point. have been ef supporter for over 50 years going back to Donnelly, Stirrat, Morrison etc and am a st holder.
thought i would treat my son to the match. Did not appreciate a "fellow" ef supporter brushing past us near the end saying " show yur colours ya ......."??????

I don't post on here very often , but I was very disappointed on Saturday , being sat in the official away end which I thought was for home fans only , I was sat amongst rangers fans ? every time they scored , a twentysomething specky twat looked round at me to RUB it in ,looking for a reaction , as I was wearing my east fife top n scarf , him and his dad are local guy's . FFS I was on edge of smacking this wee specky cunt in the pus and his fat specky dad ,I thought better as I would have lifted by the police and spent my Saturday night locked up , What a horrible way to feel as an east fife SUPPORTER FOR 30 YEARS . I hope this will never happen again ? I will not be back to the rangers again at OUR GROUND .