Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife v Rangers Match Discussion

Been watching a stream of this and the Fife doing really well so far.

Not getting many chances but not looking in too much danger either and packing the middle well.

Really quiet atmosphere though. Surprised.

Re: East Fife v Rangers Match Discussion

Stream?

It's available via Rangers TV in good quality

Thanks. Listening to Sportsound Scotland....

Ugh. Fife come out flat as hell. Struggle to get out of their own half and go 2-0 down with two goals in about a minute (including a Gary Thom og).

Were looking comfortable in that first half, but difference between teams becoming clear this half.

4-0 now

Bawz!

4-0 final.

Disappointing end after a good first half. Just not at the races in the second.

Was fantastic to see Bayview looking like a proper football stadium though with the terracing.

Twitter has erupted a bit with folk moaning about orcs in the home end.

Glad that circus is over. Same tactics as we had last week 4141 worked well for a while but realistically we were never going to be able to defend for 90 minutes. First goal was like a knock out punch, unlucky as keeper had it covered. Poor defending from cross balls did the rest of the damage. Credit for sticking in there and we played some decent stuff in midfield. Brown and stonie did well, time to get away from this defensive formation as it is poor to watch. I would argue most fans would like to see their team open up at home, and have a go. Liam Buchanan is looking really sharp but he needs someone to play with. Not sure who the best choice to partner him is, Nade, Austin, Tutu, or Clark. Got to say I didn't really enjoy that match experience today and that has made my mind up I wont be at ibrox in January

I won't be at Ibrox in January either,sod that! In fact if no voucher system is in place (to stop infiltrators in home stand) the next time we host Rangers,I won't be at that either,and I am a season ticket holder!

1st half we contained Rangers, they created very little, we maintained a good shape to the team. We had a couple of chances and could even have nicked a goal.

2nd half they started to push the game, had a 10 min spell scoring 3 goals that effectively finished the game. Again we still had a couple of chances.

On a positive note, we played some good passing football in spells.
This was never gonna be an easy game. Despite the result some good performances. Glass still half full!!!

Yep 1st half good. Lost it a bit in 2nd half but a lot of good performances from the players. Obviously own goal was big turning point. Anyone any idea who the trialist was? He looked like he can play a bit.

Martin Black
Yep 1st half good. Lost it a bit in 2nd half but a lot of good performances from the players. Obviously own goal was big turning point. Anyone any idea who the trialist was? He looked like he can play a bit.

Heard he is the son of Andy Smith who played for Airdrie and the Pars

Aye we ken where the yellow should be placed on your strip right down the back,spineless wankers.

Well putting aside all the greeting about everything from road safety to thousands of real fans being unable to gain entry due to accommodating away fans,I would like to add my own moan, about the piss poor second half display from our team.
After an encouraging 1st half display where we worked hard, passed fairly well and comfortably dealt with anything Sevco had to offer,we decided to start the 2nd half flat,nervous and generally like a different team.
The goals we gave away were criminal.Weak defending,poor communication between goalkeeper and defence,meant Sevco could score simple goals without having to work for them.
Vital games coming up now that the freak show has passed by and we really need to work on our defensive shape and learn to concentrate and compete for the full 90 mins in order to put a run together and start making some consistent progress this season.
BTW great post by Fat Doug on a previous thread.Well said!!