Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Well done the board

Before people come on here moaning there heads off, I'd just like to congratulate the board on organising this. Bayview looked fantastic and it must have been extremely hard work to pull it off.
Very little the club could do about Rangers fans buying tickets in our end(apart from the 250 thing which was very wrong) and they'll learn things for the next time. No point having a go at the stewards, they'll have taken direction from the inept local police.
Well done Lee and all your team.

Re: Well done the board

Totally agree with this post.
Bayview today looked like a football stadiun. For 15 years NO attempt has been made by previous BOD's to make any start to ground improvements.

Well said but how did someone manage to get(250 tickets) if true at once.
I know a few locals who tried to get tickets but got told it was sold out surely u give ur home fans time to buy them.

Agree the board have done well but a voucher system for home fans is a must next time round. Disappointed to hear that the Police and stewards turned a blind eye to away fans in the home end, some even wore there colours I believe. Anyway, I'm sure the club have made a small fortune so well done.

Fat Doug
Before people come on here moaning there heads off, I'd just like to congratulate the board on organising this. Bayview looked fantastic and it must have been extremely hard work to pull it off.
Very little the club could do about Rangers fans buying tickets in our end(apart from the 250 thing which was very wrong) and they'll learn things for the next time. No point having a go at the stewards, they'll have taken direction from the inept local police.

Agree Doug....

Fat Doug

I believe the board are meeting to evaluate how the organisation of this afternoon went, positives, lessons to be learned etc. The alleged bulk buying of tickets, if true, was a massive own goal and hopefully will not happen again.
I do agree that those responsible deserve enormous credit for the organisation required to get this game played in Methil and with a record attendance for the new stadium.
Ultimately it was a disappointing afternoon as far as the result went but hopefully a positive one for the future of East Fife Football Club.

I didn't enjoy the experience at all. There were Rangers yobs all over the home end who were being provocative. The stewards and police were useless. It was just a total circus. Seriously thinking about not going to the other Rangers game.

Agree Doug.Its easily to get offended at the away fans being in our end but naebody got killed or injured and on reflection the removal of a load of them that late in the day would have inflamed the situation.

Simple solution next time is to sell tickets at home games for home end in (a hopefully longer) run up to ticketed games. Neutrals or occasional east fife fans could therefore get tickets too since our average gate is 600-700 and that end holds over 1000.

Sell away end stand tickets to opposition Fife based fans at increased prices. Im guessing most of these are folk that generally members of the Sky Sports/BT Loyal.

If any strays turn up in the home end they can easily be moved if, like today the away terracing was full to capacity.

From the Official Site...

Thanks to everyone who helped the club with today’s match.

The board have planned a meeting this Tuesday (29th Oct) to review how we handled the Rangers match and to identify improvements.

We already accept that it was an error to allow bulk purchase of tickets and this will not happen again.

We’d like our supporters to suggest any other things we should do better for similar matches in the future. It would be good if these were made as positive suggestions for future improvements rather than simply complaints about the past.

You can make your suggestions via Twitter, Facebook, by emailing efstpress@hotmail.co.uk or of course by contacting the club in person directly.

There were lots of good points about the day but let’s work together to make it even better the next time.

Thanks again.

The Board of EFFC

Plenty simple solutions but lets not upset the rangers fans eh?

because the biggest bunch of bigot cavemaen you will never met and they come fae leven tae
I cant wait to exchange the intelligent banter when you boys share bus :-)

mon the fife

KotS
From the Official Site...

Thanks to everyone who helped the club with today’s match.

The board have planned a meeting this Tuesday (29th Oct) to review how we handled the Rangers match and to identify improvements.

We already accept that it was an error to allow bulk purchase of tickets and this will not happen again.

We’d like our supporters to suggest any other things we should do better for similar matches in the future. It would be good if these were made as positive suggestions for future improvements rather than simply complaints about the past.

You can make your suggestions via Twitter, Facebook, by emailing efstpress@hotmail.co.uk or of course by contacting the club in person directly.

There were lots of good points about the day but let’s work together to make it even better the next time.

Thanks again.

The Board of EFFC

I wasn't too happy at sitting right next to Rangers fans but fair play to the board they have held their hands up and given us the opportunity to get it sorted.
Fans inclusion in making decision is the way to go. An open door can't be a bad thing!

Home fan

I left early,
Reason being ,the guy sitting in seat I 63 (reserved name of Mathers)was way out of order,
The bile and hatred spewing from him was unbelievable,
He was spoken to by supporters sitting around him,made no difference
Oh by the way he is an east fife follower(not a supporter as he clearly isn't interested in the football )
And was with a young lad of about 8(presumably his son)
This guy usually sits closer to the sea wall,
I also think earlier in the season a complaint was made to the club regarding this individual,
and has been monitored since.
There were lots of children around and the atmosphere around the area was far from family friendly.

Ok when the opposition scored approx 25 supporters sitting in front of us got up and celebrated,the
individual discussed above ,rose from his seat and ran down ,screaming and shouting to the stewards
to do something about this,also challenging the opposing fans to a fight.
How ironic ,he should have been the first to be ejected.

KotS
It would be good if these were made as positive suggestions for future improvements rather than simply complaints about the past.

Thanks again.

The Board of EFFC

Come on EFFC, face the music. If fans have complaints to make, taking that on board is the easiest way to avoid making mistakes the next time. Asking for 'positive suggestions' instead of complaints just evades the responsibility you have. A lot of what went into making today happen was good. But what actually happened today was mainly not good, from the point of view of East Fife supporters. Be big enough to accept that people were not happy with what went on today, and don't put them in that situation again. I don't want to buy home end tickets for the next match and find myself sitting in the middle of a big group of Rangers fans most of whom I hope I will never, ever have the misfortune of meeting again. Some of them were alright but too many of them were just scum who ruined the day for the East Fife supporters nearby.

Agree it was not comfortable for some but what annoyed me was the lack of interest , shrug of the shoulders to say there is nothing we can do about it, from stewards, police and EFFC officials.
If you have segregation you have it 100% and the necessary action is taken against those who breach it! there are no half measures, or excuses for not doing your job.

However, that said it is good that the board are willing to listen to the fans views and I'm sure will that lessons will be learned.

Got to agree if fans running down aisle should be in trouble no matter who they are like but .......Share bus the banter just be like today ?? ...cannae wait .................. to catch the train x

Congratulations to EFFC for making Bayview so Rangers user friendly and to fuck with regular EFFC fans after all a quick buck is god.Thats the message I got today,So well done Lee in making your friends comfortable hope it was worth it

walked out
Congratulations to EFFC for making Bayview so Rangers user friendly and to fuck with regular EFFC fans after all a quick buck is god.Thats the message I got today,So well done Lee in making your friends comfortable hope it was worth it

FFS does not matter what Lee and his board try and do to try and make extra revenue for the Club you will always get detractors that try and put a negative spin on it.

The Club will learn from this and I am sure improved segregation or ticket distribution will be better in the future.

Described by a Rangers official as "the warmest welcome in the SPFL"

Sounds great, but I'd much rather Bayview was a difficult place to come where teams seldom felt comfortable enough to leave with 3 points.

Think they meant the hospitality shown to them. On the pitch make things as difficult and hostile as you can. That is football,you try and win the small battles to win the war.

It does not mean you cannot be courteous and polite elsewhere.

Noir
Think they meant the hospitality shown to them. On the pitch make things as difficult and hostile as you can. That is football,you try and win the small battles to win the war.

It does not mean you cannot be courteous and polite elsewhere.

Very Very True

Noir
walked out

FFS does not matter what Lee and his board try and do to try and make extra revenue for the Club you will always get detractors that try and put a negative spin on it.

The Club will learn from this and I am sure improved segregation or ticket distribution will be better in the future.

C'mon Blacky, you damn well know that that is not the case. Lee and the board are doing their level best to turn our club around. Can't you see the difference off the field already?.

An approachable chairman who will answer your queries personally
Money spent on players with high percentage fulltime.
Subsidised busses.
Ground capacity more than doubled.
Admission prices reduced for certain games.
A board ASKING for fans help/opinions.
I can go on.

Try to see the positives compared to 2 years ago and encourage/support instead of moaning.

PS.
don't type and send anything that you wouldn't say face to face. If you do, the more coward you.

I wasn't happy sitting with Rangers fans and camera man who couldnae sit down. Spoillied my day back I haven't been to bayview since the lee murray comment after forfar game.
Was tired travelling from glasgow and to sit with opposite fans is a joke. The stewards should of dealt better.

Cambuslang Fifer
I wasn't happy sitting with Rangers fans and camera man who couldnae sit down. Spoillied my day back I haven't been to bayview since the lee murray comment after forfar game.
Was tired travelling from glasgow and to sit with opposite fans is a joke. The stewards should of dealt better.

Hendo your making a mockery out of yourself with your comments on this forum. Think before you speak on it and stop being a wee fud. Getting boring with your moaning, yes the rangers fan ticket was a mistake and the club aknowledged that and have asked for facts. Now be quiet, your geen me a sore head.

would just like to make a point. have been ef supporter for over 50 years going back to Donnelly, Stirrat, Morrison etc and am a st holder.
thought i would treat my son to the match. Did not appreciate a "fellow" ef supporter brushing past us near the end saying " show yur colours ya ......."??????

Zak
Cambuslang Fifer

When you come to bayview you sit with rangers supporters everytime and they go to more games than you so stop moaning and get real

Felt the organisation of the day went well and hope the club made a few bob from the event. The disappointing feature of the day seemed to be conduct of a few east fife fans who seemed hell bent on causing confrontation with any rangers fans in the home end who were there to see a game of football. I wish fans could be like other sports like rugby where fans can mix and watch a good game rather than show hatred towards anyone not supporting our team. A few people brought along kids which was good to see but they must have been wondering what the hell and wondering if they would come back again. Not really a good image for our club. This scale of a game only happens every few years but if we are looking to the future then lessons will be learnt to improve things. Accept that people wanted to pay money to attend our ground which is hopefully good for the future of our club. Get over the very few negatives and take all the positives from days like this. C'mon the fife

Why are people moaning about fellow East Fife fans complaining about glory hunters sitting in home end? Is it too much to ask that we have our own end to ourselves? I choose to stay away from game as I knew due to club fucking up with ticket sales that it was going to be a circus and I wouldn't have been able to handle bigots from Levenmouth celebrating right in front of me.

Next game give us a 1000 tickets and sell them via a voucher scheme from previous home matches then we won't have this problem. Fair play to Lee Murray as he knows
the club fucked up and I'm sure things will be better the next time we play them. Time to move on and concentrate on rest o the season. Hope to see a healthy support at Forfar on Sat.

KotS

No shit.Fairly sure the club knew damn well what they were doing.

Fifey I believe I did say that.

The Club are moving in the right direction.

Agreed and we need to move with with the club and lose this critical attitude which has been a part of our fans history since, well, Clarkes time as I remember. If we continue with this investment and work by the club then things will improve greatly on the field I'm sure.

Fifey
Agreed and we need to move with with the club and lose this critical attitude which has been a part of our fans history since, well, Clarkes time as I remember. If we continue with this investment and work by the club then things will improve greatly on the field I'm sure.
Bob I am one of the ones that have been moaning and have had a few e mails to and fro with Lee.My main concern is that a quick buck should never take priority over the safety and comfort of EF fans.I appreciate all that Lee and the board have done in theses last few months but Saturday could have turned real nasty as there was not only Block sales to Rangers fans but I also felt the calibre of stewarding at the game was terrible.

From what I'm told the block selling of tickets to Rangers fans had nothing to do with the issues in the sea end of the stand on Saturday. The Rangers fans in the sea end must have got their tickets from either EF season ticket holders, Trust members, SC members or players. None of the tickets for that side of the stand went on general sale. Whoever resold the tickets needs to have a real look at themselves!

Bob Hunter
Fifey
Bob I am one of the ones that have been moaning and have had a few e mails to and fro with Lee.My main concern is that a quick buck should never take priority over the safety and comfort of EF fans.I appreciate all that Lee and the board have done in theses last few months but Saturday could have turned real nasty as there was not only Block sales to Rangers fans but I also felt the calibre of stewarding at the game was terrible.

Hi Bob. I know you were critical. There is a difference between moaning and criticising. You were right to criticise, as the number of Gers fans in the home end was too much.

I was not specifically meaning the gers game, I was meaning "in general"

It just seems that every week, win lose or draw that some fans can never be happy. This is a new beginning, a change in fortunes that has come so unexpected and we must surely appreciate the cash thats going into the club. The moaners are angry for whats happening on the pitch, how do you think the people who are injecting the "big" money feel?? I think we should be less ready to jump in and criticise in this transition period and not expect too much too soon. I'm sure the powers that be have a long term plan but it's also up to us to help as much as we can. Some more will buy ST, some will come back and watch who haven't been for some time, more sponsorship from fans will come in from the fans who can afford it and the fans who can't dig deep will support just the same by going to the games and shouting the team on as well. We are all together in this and we all want the same. It's support we need and not just vocally but more in numbers. That's what lee and all of us I'm sure would love to see.

How difficult is that?? Very if you see that Hamilton Accies had barely a thousand a few weeks ago, and they are top of the championship.

I could go on but I'm sure you're all bored by now. ONWARDSANDUPWARDSMONTHEFIFE.

I know I will get the usual pelters from some that I'm mega positive follow like sheep, never moan but heyho!

I give up!!!
From what I'm told the block selling of tickets to Rangers fans had nothing to do with the issues in the sea end of the stand on Saturday. The Rangers fans in the sea end must have got their tickets from either EF season ticket holders, Trust members, SC members or players. None of the tickets for that side of the stand went on general sale. Whoever resold the tickets needs to have a real look at themselves!

Aye, I was told the same by Lee Murray himself.
I chose to email him my thoughts and referred to the group at the front of block B.
There must have been 15 of them? Plus a few individuals dotted around.

Whichever individual has obtained these tickets must feel really proud!

You will never stop Rangers fans infiltrating the home end, it has happened at every game they have played over the last two seasons but there is no point in having a go at the board when we ourselves have invited them in!

:endo (cumbuslang fifer), you make a point of travelling from glasgow but i seen you in leven last thursday?? Stop the act and get a grip, quit the moaning too you never hear a peep out you face to face.. Keyboard gangster

As far as I am concerned the board had nowt to do with selling tickets to away fans the board are doing a great job it is great to see good players wanting to play for us and the future is looking good well done Lee

Statement re Rangers Match

The Board met tonight (Tues 29 Oct) to analyse our preparation for the recent match and review the actual events on the day so that we can identify ways of doing it better for similar future matches.

We are grateful to the many fans who gave us feedback either in person or through social media and our discussions covered issues such as ticketing arrangements, stewarding, hospitality and the many other topics that were raised.

We have agreed that a small working group from the board will look in detail at the issues and possible solutions and will also take soundings from other parties such as the police and the SPFL. The group will then report back to the full Board for final decisions.

This will take some time so it may be a few weeks before we can provide any details but rest assured we’ll make sure our supporters are informed as soon as the details are settled.