Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FAO Rangers Fans

I would guess that many of the Rangers fans who were in the home end are locals. Some that I spoke to were reasonable enough folk, quietly supporting their team - others didn't have that level of dignity. But to all of you, you now know where Bayview is. You now know what your local Club looks like. Supporting East Fife will never be about the glory, so we can't give the instant hit. There are no easy wins here, it is about local folk trying to put a bit of pride back into your area. It is about watching players from Leven, Kennoway etc trying their hardest. Don't wait for the Daily Record to read about your Chairman, because at Bayview you can speak to, or tweet him. When you win it is real and all the sweeter. I hope you enjoyed your day in your local stadium and that you will take the time to come back in the weeks to come. Do that and after a few games you will get the higher love that is supporting East Fife FC. The bit on the side - your dirty secret! The one you know you will get more pleasure from!
Mon the Fife!

Re: FAO Rangers Fans

Great post!

Wonderful post.

If we can just get a fraction of them in, it would do wonders. Well, assuming they leave all their other nonsense at the turnstile.

It's sad that our own people from Levenmouth will support a Glasgow team before us. I just don't get it. Glory hunters, and thats putting it politely. I can see what the attraction is with bigger crowds, better stadium, better atmosphere etc but we are Fifers, get behind your own ffs!

Best post i have read on here for a long time!

Great Post, wish I could get back home more often to watch The Fife, been away too long now methinks

DPH
It's sad that our own people from Levenmouth will support a Glasgow team before us. I just don't get it. Glory hunters, and thats putting it politely. I can see what the attraction is with bigger crowds, better stadium, better atmosphere etc but we are Fifers, get behind your own ffs!

Well I'm not sure I do see the attraction. Bigger crowds? Of course,can't argue with that. Better stadium? No, just bigger. Better atmosphere? Depends, I would argue that sitting among thousands of bile spilling, hate filled bigots is not an atmosphere I would like to populate very often. It is the herd mentality for dull people who cannot think for themselves.

We are better than them, much better. They might win more trophies (by whatever means), win more games, have more fans. But in every other respect they are not in our league.

Aye... because watching East Fife getting pumped is what the Loyal Rangers fans want to do....

That's ma boy Broonx! Look you have started posting on an East Fife site now. More of a Fifer than you know! Next home game is on the 16th of November. Come on, we will get you a drink and you can talk about your fear of loosing.

Mon the Fife!!

Be cool and support your local team. When away from home on holiday or at work etc, there is no doubt that people show admiration for someone who supports their local football team and in contrast, show disinterest if you were to tell them Rangers or Celtic, especially if you also tell them you didn't come from Glasgow.

Around the world it is believed Scotland actually only has two football teams, can you guess what these teams are? I'll give you a hint, one plays in green & white, and the other plays in blue.

In England: The most popular football team from Scotland is a team that is from Glasgow, and plays in blue.

In Northern Ireland, the most popular team from Scotland is a team from Glasgow, that plays in blue.

In Scotland: The two most popular teams are collectively known as the old firm.

If you want people to start noticing your football club, you need to be alot more successful than just playing in League one of Scottish football...

Was collectively known as The Old Firm but that died along with a team that played in blue

Exactly! Thank you for confirming why it is so uncool to be one of the sheep, having no brain for yourself and no identity. Meh, meh, meh ....

Boonx
Around the world it is believed Scotland actually only has two football teams, can you guess what these teams are? I'll give you a hint, one plays in green & white, and the other plays in blue.

Never knew Stranraer were that popular

Boonx

Can you elaborate and let us know which one of these two, is the most popular in Scotland?

Footnote -
In China & Japan, David Beckham is more popular than these two 'popular' teams put together and probably for most of them, these two 'popular' teams are unheard of! Shows how insignificant they are in the big scheme of things really, doesn't it?

Boonx

Are? Try were. Rangers went bust. I doubt League One side The Rangers makes up any sort of "old firm"

These people have absolutely no connection to Rangers and Celtic... supporting them because they win everything, Glory Hunters!

Dubs
These people have absolutely no connection to Rangers and Celtic... supporting them because they win everything, Glory Hunters!

The guy also suggests that if East Fife were 'more successful' then suddenly all these bluenoses might take an interest. That would be great and I'd love to see bigger crowds at our games. You have to wonder what's in it for people of that mindset though. Suddenly turning up once a club has become successful must be a pretty empty reward. The reason any success in the future will be great for fans that don't need a Glasgow team is because they've stood on rain soaked terracing on a Tuesday night, miles away from home watching the club lose heavily. When you've been through that then the good times are so much better.

If I bought a Barcelona shirt and scarf, went to their next game and they won 5-0 how would I feel? Indifferent.

If you want the euphoric feeling that you can get in football you've got to go through the mill a bit before you'll find it. But it will happen...

Boonx

Actually, that statement is very wrong. They are without doubt, the two most unpopular teams in Scotland. They may get more people going to watch them every week than other teams do, but all of the other teams are more popular than any of them. Look at it this way, we will give them the benefit of the doubt and say they have equal support. That means at least as many people absolutely hate them, as like them. No other team can match that, so they are, by a long way, the most unpopular teams in Scotland my friend, because they are both hated by the rest of us as well!