Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bus to Forfar

The board of East Fife FC have kindly said that they will subsidise the bus to Forfar on Saturday 2nd November. We will set the price for a seat once we know how many people want to go. If you haven't booked a seat yet please get in touch before lunchtime on Thursday. Telephone 07746 316691 or email fiferzak@yahoo.co.uk to book a seat.

Re: Bus to Forfar

Well done East Fife glad they are listening to the fans

Will there be more than one bus going (if needed)? I`ve had a text saying that the bus is free but some others are saying it`s not.

Blakie
Will there be more than one bus going (if needed)? I`ve had a text saying that the bus is free but some others are saying it`s not.

As I said above I don't know what we will charge yet but the bus won't be free. As I said we need to know how many people want to go before we decide as it depends on how many buses we take.

Well done east fife.

Well done East Fife.

Well done Lee and the Board in terms of listening to the fans.
What time will the bus/buses be leaving for Forfar ?

zak
Blakie

As I said above I don't know what we will charge yet but the bus won't be free. As I said we need to know how many people want to go before we decide as it depends on how many buses we take.

Kenny, the club are saying the bus is FREE. I know you run the bus and do it very well but it wouldn`t be fair on folk that are going that normally can`t afford to go, to turn up and have to pay when they initially thought it was free.

The bus will be leaving leven at 12pm,please make sure you book a seat as you will not get on if I have not sent an email phone call or text to me.

Zak can I ask why your still go charge people even tho the club say its free as they are paying for the supporters bus

DLA
zak
Blakie

Kenny, the club are saying the bus is FREE. I know you run the bus and do it very well but it wouldn`t be fair on folk that are going that normally can`t afford to go, to turn up and have to pay when they initially thought it was free.

where does it say it free,and they just cant turn up either and expect to get on.

BlackNdGold86
Zak can I ask why your still go charge people even tho the club say its free as they are paying for the supporters bus

The club have NOT said the bus is free, they said they are paying for the bus. We are very happy to accept the generous offer from the club, however, there will be a charge for travelling with us to Forfar. As I keep saying that charge will be decided when we know how many fans are going. We will let everyone know how much it will be on Thursday evening as we will not take any more names after 1.00pm on Thursday.

From East Fife FC ---- After lots of fan feedback the club have agreed to pay for the supporters bus to this Saturday's Scottish cup tie at Forfar!

I think most people reading that, would take it as not having to pay for the bus? I`m certainly happy to pay but surely it`s better to let people know the pricing situation before they book.

DLA
From East Fife FC ---- After lots of fan feedback the club have agreed to pay for the supporters bus to this Saturday's Scottish cup tie at Forfar!

I think most people reading that, would take it as not having to pay for the bus? I`m certainly happy to pay but surely it`s better to let people know the pricing situation before they book.

Until we know how many people want to go we don't now what the charge will be. All I can say is that it will be a good deal less than our normal charge.

Why the charge then if club have said they are paying for buses, bit confusing is it not

?
Why the charge then if club have said they are paying for buses, bit confusing is it not

have you booked a seat on the bus?

In my humble opinion I agree with Zak asking a very modest charge for the bus to Forfar on Saturday.
This will help in keeping the buses running to away games, when the bus runs at a loss!!!!!!!!!!!!! .
In regards to the 3 pound charge it is a bargain, only wish I was going with the bus people.

This is all very confusing. ? can't understand why the bus is £3 but he isn't going on the bus. Big Rab thinks it's a bargain but he isn't going on the bus either. I think it's extortionate, daylight robbery but I am going on the bus although I will be demanding a concessionary fare.
Will upstairs or downstairs be the more expensive ?

Not The Other Chairman
This is all very confusing. ? can't understand why the bus is £3 but he isn't going on the bus. Big Rab thinks it's a bargain but he isn't going on the bus either. I think it's extortionate, daylight robbery but I am going on the bus although I will be demanding a concessionary fare.
Will upstairs or downstairs be the more expensive ?

As you have booked the front seat upstairs and have demanded streamers, think yourself lucky we aren't charging you extra

FFS this is as bad as last week. The club says it will pay for the bus, presumably as a gesture of goodwill to supporters they admit they let down. Then someone decides to take the money but charge fans anyway. You could not make this up. Of course the bus should be free, that is the whole point of the club paying for it! If the club's gesture was to subsidize travel to a future match they would have said that or done that instead

Tell you what Zak, just cancel the bus and leave it for the trolls to organise every week! We'll see how they get on organising it and taking that responsibility on.

Fancy doing that "supporter"? Somehow, I think that will be a no, eh? You've probably got no intention of going to the game anyway!

Supporter
FFS this is as bad as last week. The club says it will pay for the bus, presumably as a gesture of goodwill to supporters they admit they let down. Then someone decides to take the money but charge fans anyway. You could not make this up. Of course the bus should be free, that is the whole point of the club paying for it! If the club's gesture was to subsidize travel to a future match they would have said that or done that instead

Supporter have you booked a seat on the bus

Like I have stated before the 3 Pound fare is a bargain, so what if the bus is being paid for by the club.
Zak & Becky have to spend alot of their own time to get this trip organized.
No wonder Scots are branded as being CHEAP in certain parts of the world, when people are crying out for having to pay 3 pounds for a roundtrip of approx. 80 miles.
One thing I want to make clear if Zak & Becky were overcharging for the bus I would speak out against their overcharge.
The bottom line is nae body is holding a gun tae yer heid tae go on the Bus.
Nuff said.

It's only £3 ffs, bargain! The money made can help pay for the longer journeys.

Ffs I can't believe this thread... For Years Kenny and Becky have sacrificed their personal time to organise the 1938 bus. If there is a small charge there is a small charge.. It all goes to securing future bus trips to away games especially if future buses run a loss. Stop yer winging and if its 3 quid so beit. Keep up the good work K & B ots appreciated!...ps Kenny can Jim, JT and i get the front seat along with NTOC too as steamers hanging out of windows sounds mental... Cannae wait to hing Auld Davie oot by his ankles!

The bus to Forfar is now FULL, a big thanks to everyone(70 FANS) who do not mind paying £3.00. I am sure we will have a great day.

Mr Brightside as there is such a great demand for the upstairs front seats on the bus we have put the names into a draw and you are one of the lucky winners, you will be sitting next to Zander. Enjoy your trip

Going on the bus to away games is brilliant and a great way to spend a Saturday football day. The good friends I have made over the years, the great laughs even after a loss. Sing songs, raffles, even cake making competitions. More fans should try it rather than the car, I know 4 in a car may be less cost but the bus is the bees knees. Really peeved missing big bus to Forfar as atmosphere will be great.

ONWARDSANDUPWARDSMONTHEFIFEANDKENNYANDBECKYANDDAVIEANDANNIEANDCOCOANDBAILEYANDSHIRLEYBASSIEANDCATHYCUZZANDFAMILYANDJOHNANDRYANANDALLTHEREST.

Mr Brightside
Ffs I can't believe this thread... For Years Kenny and Becky have sacrificed their personal time to organise the 1938 bus. If there is a small charge there is a small charge.. It all goes to securing future bus trips to away games especially if future buses run a loss. Stop yer winging and if its 3 quid so beit. Keep up the good work K & B ots appreciated!...ps Kenny can Jim, JT and i get the front seat along with NTOC too as steamers hanging out of windows sounds mental... Cannae wait to hing Auld Davie oot by his ankles!

Mr Brightside, don`t want to rain on your parade but i`ve heard that the reigning Bring a Dish champion will be making an appearance on the bus, fully equipped with egg sandwiches and photo`s of his holidays abroad this year.

Tam
Mr Brightside, don`t want to rain on your parade but i`ve heard that the reigning Bring a Dish champion will be making an appearance on the bus, fully equipped with egg sandwiches and photo`s of his holidays abroad this year.

Man this is going to get messy!

Dear Mr Brightside, I know where you live!!! It seems to have slipped your mind that I will not be going to Forfar but will instead be taking my lovely wife to a performance of the Nutcracker Suite on Saturday evening.

Tam
Mr Brightside

Tam,Seeing your were last to book you will be sitting downstairs with the oldies which I am sure they will love to hear your holiday stories and look at the photos.

zak
Tam
Mr Brightside

Tam,Seeing your were last to book you will be sitting downstairs with the oldies which I am sure they will love to hear your holiday stories and look at the photos.

Oh c`mon!!! Totally unfair!! I want beside the casuals upstairs with Godfather Duthie.

Got a message from Sky TV this morning and they are doing a Hardest Away Days - EFFC Revisited on Saturday. It's going to be f*****g wild upstairs.
Ginger Beer and Werthers Originals are being sneaked on the bus. Music will feature Dexy's biggest hit, Mr Brightside will be bringing along smash hits from Bollywood and Auld Dave is lending me his WW2 hits by Vera Lynn.

There could be more trouble if Tam is not allowed upstairs as he is bringing along his collection of fruit and vegetables which he has carved to look like genitals.

Come and have a Werthers if you think your hard enough !!!!!!!!!!!!

The only reason I am no going on the bus is I live over 5,000 miles frae
Leven Shorehead.

Just to make a point I have travelled a few times on the bus, also travelled with The Burger Boys & Girl on the train to various away games.

Next year all going well I hope to travel on both modes of transportation to an away game or two.

Big Rab
The only reason I am no going on the bus is I live over 5,000 miles frae
Leven Shorehead.

Just to make a point I have travelled a few times on the bus, also travelled with The Burger Boys & Girl on the train to various away games.

Next year all going well I hope to travel on both modes of transportation to an away game or two.

Hi Scotty can you email me,
cheers
Kenny

Not The Other Chairman
Got a message from Sky TV this morning and they are doing a Hardest Away Days - EFFC Revisited on Saturday. It's going to be f*****g wild upstairs.
Ginger Beer and Werthers Originals are being sneaked on the bus. Music will feature Dexy's biggest hit, Mr Brightside will be bringing along smash hits from Bollywood and Auld Dave is lending me his WW2 hits by Vera Lynn.

There could be more trouble if Tam is not allowed upstairs as he is bringing along his collection of fruit and vegetables which he has carved to look like genitals.

NTOC Stop it,Becky is almost peeping herself don't want her falling out of her socks again ,or I will have to relegate you to downstairs beside Tam,Final Warning
Thanks
Kenny(zak)

I`m the one that will have the egg sandwiches so EVERYONE will want to sit next to me!!

(Not so) Auld Davie
Dear Mr Brightside, I know where you live!!! It seems to have slipped your mind that I will not be going to Forfar but will instead be taking my lovely wife to a performance of the Nutcracker Suite on Saturday evening.

Awe Davie we will have a swally for you... but no the type you will be participating in when you film the Nutcracker suite in yer caravan!

Not The Other Chairman

Easy seen you don't run the bus or go to places like Stranraer. The bus is there for all away games not just the ones that you think should be free. Maybe if you were to go on the bus, along with the others who never go, then the bus would be free

Nou bayview
Easy seen you don't run the bus or go to places like Stranraer. The bus is there for all away games not just the ones that you think should be free. Maybe if you were to go on the bus, along with the others who never go, then the bus would be free

What???