Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forfar bus price

There are 15 seats left for the Forfar game and the price will be £3.00 each. Please ensure that you book a seat as you will not be allowed on the bus if your name is not on our list. The bus will leave Leven at 12.00pm and pick up at Methilhill Bowling Club and the Lomond Centre, Glenrothes.

Re: Forfar bus price

Only five seats left

zak
There are 15 seats left for the Forfar game and the price will be £3.00 each. Please ensure that you book a seat as you will not be allowed on the bus if your name is not on our list. The bus will leave Leven at 12.00pm and pick up at Methilhill Bowling Club and the Lomond Centre, Glenrothes.

£3.00 to forfar is a bargain. However I would suggest an greater price for such trips as then you could subsidize the longer trips.Just a suggestion.

economist
zak

£3.00 to forfar is a bargain. However I would suggest an greater price for such trips as then you could subsidize the longer trips.Just a suggestion.

It would be only £8 for everyone every game if I could get the same response for every game.We only charge for the cost of the bus which is mostly works out at £10 and £6 and only charged £8 & £ 5 for the Dunfermline game we cannot run buses at a loss that is why prices vary we only charged £5 for stranraer game but only got 22 fans and we lost over £250 my contract with the bus company is to run bus to every game.

economist
zak

That's probably what the SC are doing. Club pays the bus and SC make 50 x £3 to subsidise future buses.

economist
zak

Why don't you offer to run the busses then mate? Just saying like.

Kings of Fife
economist
zak

That's probably what the SC are doing. Club pays the bus and SC make 50 x £3 to subsidise future buses.

The SC do not run buses as they made too much of a loss,that is why the Travel Club run the bus we do not do it to make a profit but we need to cover buses that run at a loss, this bus is a 70 seater and even charging £3 per person does not cover the cost of a future bus.