Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Robbie Neilson

Robbie Neilson has left East Fife to take up a youth development post at Hearts.

The defender was added to Bayview manager Willie Aitchison’s coaching staff after arriving as a free agent in the summer and also appeared on the field for the Fifers.

Club chairman Lee Murray, though, revealed that the disappointment of losing Neilson had been tempered with some equally positive news.

He said: “I’m disappointed about it but the good news for us at the same time is that Gary Naysmith has agreed to step up to player/manager.

“Not only that, he’s agreed to stay until the end of the season, we thought he’d only be here until January, and he’ll have the option of another year on top of that.”

Re: Robbie Neilson

That's a pity although we are well covered for his position good luck at the jambos Robbie . I wish Gary success in his new role as player/assistant manager.

He was a solid signing but his presence in the team wasn't as noticeable as Naysmith's.

Good luck to him, always welcome back at the club, and glad to have Gary on board for the season. Mon the Fife.

All the best Robbie, good luck.

That's a pitty as I hear he is highly rated by fellow pro's. Gary though is a great addition to the back room should bring a bit of experience in many ways.

Good luck both

Robbie, thanks and good luck with the herts.

Gary, congrats and good luck wi the Fife.

Was it Robbie who was seen today at the club wearing a suit, sun glasses and a fake tan or was it just some other big time Charlie. Lol

Was that an attempt at being funny? You failed miserably, if it was!

Stevie crawford now teamed up with robbie at hearts good idea having a striker coach and defender coach, stevie has done very well in the game I wonder if we can get a striker coach as number 2 has Hislop retired yet?

the fifers at hearts
Stevie crawford now teamed up with robbie at hearts good idea having a striker coach and defender coach, stevie has done very well in the game I wonder if we can get a striker coach as number 2 has Hislop retired yet?

Hisllop?