Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ross Brown

Can someone from the club please post how Ross Brown is when they get news

Hope he's ok

Re: Ross Brown

Hope Ross is ok. Shameful challenge from Marvin Andrews on a very promising young player. Really hope this isn't a bad injury. With Hughes next to him in midfield Ross was only going to get better, in a season where he is one of the real positives.

Lee Murray tweeted that Ross is fine but needed a few stitches and has a bit of concussion. Marvin Andrews was very lucky to stay on the park although I don't think he deliberately tried to nail Ross but he was very late.
Thought Steven Hughes looked a quality player today and getting 90 minutes will do him a lot of good. Think him and Ross Brown could be the central midfield pairing we've been needing. Hopefully, the Christian Nade signing is finally cleared this week and Gary Naysmith recovers from injury for them both to play Arbroath next week. Next three games are huge - Arbroath (away), Stranraer (home) & Forfar (away)
Hopefully we will be a bit more attack minded for these games. The Managers tactics worked to perfection at East End to get the victory but to play that against teams who are no better than us is showing them too much respect. Let other teams worry about our strengths rather than us being so worried about them

Must be one of Forfars tactics,last time up there they crocked another of our young lads Kyle Wilson.

Thanks Andy- Good to know he's ok

So he needed stitches?

I could be wrong but it didn't seem like a clash if heads -more like Andrwss came right through Ross leading with his forearm and elbow-. More reason for Andrews to get a straight red

From Ross' twitter....
All stitched up and well..thanks for the messages! Gutted about the result.

In this 'day and age' when communications is so easy, hope Marvin gets in touch to wish him a quick recovery. I expect a 'Sorry' would be too much to ask.

I wasn't at the match but if a player has head split open from behind by a player who does not make contact with the ball that is, at best, reckless and dangerous play. Even if there is no intent.

No wonder Scottish football is so dismal when young talent coming through is hammered like this.

Marvin Andrews didn't even go to see how Ross was at the time is I hope he's not holding his breath for a call

It looked a bad challenge at the time and looks as bad on the video. Ross was up well before him, he knew exactly what he was doing. His intention was to take him out and that's exactly what he did. Sinking to that level for a player of his experience is truly shameful. Even if he was going to win the ball his momentum was still going to take him through the player.

Did not want to make any comment until I had seen it again on the video and it was as bad as I remembered. Andrews shapes up for it and as Penpal says, knew exactly what he was doing. That has no place in Scottish football and unfortunately, neither should Marvin Andrews. I doubt there is anything further that can be done, but you will not see a more dangerous challenge all season.

Many talk of Marvin being a decent man. Not on that evidence, or in the way that he celebrated over to East Fife fans at the first goal. He cannot claim any remorse on that evidence.

Hope you have a speedy recovery Ross and show the thug in 3 weeks time.

Healing hands
Marvin Andrews didn't even go to see how Ross was at the time.

He does in the video highlights.

Wullie Broon Ultras
Did not want to make any comment until I had seen it again on the video and it was as bad as I remembered. Andrews shapes up for it and as Penpal says, knew exactly what he was doing. That has no place in Scottish football and unfortunately, neither should Marvin Andrews. I doubt there is anything further that can be done, but you will not see a more dangerous challenge all season.

Many talk of Marvin being a decent man. Not on that evidence, or in the way that he celebrated over to East Fife fans at the first goal. He cannot claim any remorse on that evidence.

Hope you have a speedy recovery Ross and show the thug in 3 weeks time.

Having watched the video I think he's going for the ball....but he's getting on a bit and got the timing and the height all wrong. Clumsy but not malicious IMO.

Goes to show what a talent this boy is, when he was singled out by the Forfar team for a bit of treatment at the age of 19 ??

Hope the board try to get him signed onto a 3 to 5 year deal