Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
the biggest myth since santa

Where does this strange football saying "give him until christmas" come from? Why do people say this? What has Christmas got to do with the actual reality of the last three months?

Can anyone name a manager who was given "until Christmas" then miraculously turns it around thanks to Santa's delivery of a good book - "Football tactics and management skills - what they didn't teach you at taxi school"

GIVE HIM TILL XMAS = RELEGATION CANDIDATES. Every club, every time

Re: the biggest myth since santa

Okay, let's give him until the end of the year then, if that makes you happier!

helper elf
Where does this strange football saying "give him until christmas" come from? Why do people say this? What has Christmas got to do with the actual reality of the last three months?

Can anyone name a manager who was given "until Christmas" then miraculously turns it around thanks to Santa's delivery of a good book - "Football tactics and management skills - what they didn't teach you at taxi school"

Good post.

Jeek
helper elf

Good post.

Good post? You've got to be joking! This was what was being said last season around the same time and Durie ended up resigning. So what happened next? A miraculous improvement in results? - no! All fans a lot happier? - no! What makes you think it will be any different this time? Were any of you two at the game yesterday? Did you see the performances of both teams, because if you rather we played like forfar to get the win, then you deserve to have a team that is going nowhere. The same happened with Crawford in charge. He tried to build a footballing team, but due to pressure from the likes of you, resigned! Remind me of how many managers we have had for longer than a year or two in recent times. That is including ones that actually won something for us.

Also .. what is this 'myth' crap about my boss Santa?

Hello Jocky. Yes I would prefer to have played like Forfar because it was a cup match and the trick with cup matches is to win. If you do not win, you do not get asked to play again. It is an old-fashioned way of working out a winner. If you say "but we played well, please let us through", other people laugh at you and have to remind you that you are a loser.

One other point. Durie resigned because of ill health. Using his fate as a means to attack supporters is pathetic Jocky.

Durie resigned because of ill health, but if the team were winning he would not have resigned. The facts are all in the AFTN posts from that time. People like you were calling for him to be sacked even when he was ill, so don't give me all this moral high ground, because you don't possess any.

Obviously, my name is not Rudolph, just like yours is not helper elf, but it is not Jocky either I'm afraid. Even if it was, does it really matter? What is the point of bringing up this guy Jocky's name every time you have no argument? Quite pathetic really. -

Eh... I don't have an argument... I know... I'll call him Jocky, like I call everybody who has more than half a brain like mine ... so that I can deflect away from the fact I am a moaning twat really and that I don't believe in Santa.

By the way, what did you think of the performance of the team yesterday helper/Jeek? How well for example, did you think big Joe played? What did you think of Rab Douglas when he and Stoney had a bump?

I'm calling you Jocky just to be sure everyone is aware you are the same arsehole who was posting the same rubbish last year. Sure, you will deny it, you always do.
I never once called for Durie to be sacked. That is further confirmation that everything you say is compete rubbish. But you are happy to use Durie's illness to try to back up your warped arguments. What a low-life you are Jocky.

Wasn't at the game yesterday so can't comment other than to say the result adds to a series of disappointing results this season.

From reading match reports, it sounds like a familiar story. This pattern must change else we'll be relegated. I don't see signs of the manager changing this pattern so perhaps it is time to change the manager.

Unlike youth football, winning is the most important thing. Performances and pretty football is secondary.

The east fife revolution is made up of many components. But the biggest and most important component is the 1st team results, and with these being below expectation the revolution is in danger of stalling. It was a risky appointment to select a manger with no senior playing or managerial experience. Some risks pay off, some don't........ this one has not.

The longer we wait for a turnaround (that isn't going to come), the more damaging this season becomes. People really bought into the revolution..... and still support it...... but for how long? As the disappointment continues people will drift away. I'd ask the board to act now, salvage the season and reboot the revolution.

helper elf
I'm calling you Jocky just to be sure everyone is aware you are the same arsehole who was posting the same rubbish last year. Sure, you will deny it, you always do.
I never once called for Durie to be sacked. That is further confirmation that everything you say is compete rubbish. But you are happy to use Durie's illness to try to back up your warped arguments. What a low-life you are Jocky.

So your really not helper elf then, eh? Well I never, wonder who you really are then? Did you not read the posts from those that were wanting Durie out? The ones that wanted Moffat out, the ones that wanted Baikie out, the ones that wanted Crawford out, the ones that wanted Robertson out, the ones that wanted Brown out and true to form the ones that now want Aitchison out?

You didn't comment on the game itself, or how big Joe played and the Rab Douglas/Stoney bump. Surely you must be able to have an opinion of how the team played yesterday, who did well/not so well, general standard of play? Mind you, I suppose you have to attend the games to do that, instead of staring at Sky Sports score centre on a Saturday afternoon and thinking you can have an opinion on what should be happening at East Fife!

Do you know what warped means? Does it mean when you want to see somebody sacked, or does it mean when you want to try a bit of continuity for a change?

Three reasons why I will not indulge you Jocky.
A. What happened yesterday does not matter, it is the same shit every week.
B. Your only option is to try to change the subject
C. This thread is about why it is wrong to give a failed manager until Christmas.

Aitchison is holding back the progress that should be happening at East Fife. We are already three months behind schedule. Cut our losses now, not after another two months of damage. What a Happy fecking Christmas that would be.

In other words, you were not at the game. Nuff said!

A - What happened yesterday does matter. I know that just about all the support at the game thought the team played very well and saw the improvement in our team work and it WASN'T shit. You however, who was not there, want to start from scratch again with a new manager, even though last year that did not work??
B - How is it changing the subject when you obviously do not attend some games (mibbe nae games), yet take it upon yourself to condemn the manager.
C - This thread was raised by yourself so you must think that only people who agree with you can comment on it? You are extremely naive to think that. So basically you think - "This is my thread and I decide who can say anything in it, otherwise I will call you Jocky, so there!".

PS - That is not to say that everything is rosy, it's not, but changing the manager every 6 months or so, has been proven not to work in the past, has it?

I was at the game. We were not good enough once again. And you are full of shit Jocky, same as before, same as you will always be.

GIVE HIM TILL XMAS = GOING DOWN

Can you remind me of what Rab Douglas did after clashing with Stony?

Can you remind me when Bill Brown took over last season and how it transformed our season?

Changing manager mid season after a dozen games = Start again and call for the new managers head within 6 months = Keeping the East Fife managerial merry go round going = Still fighting to avoid relegation = Mair moaning from certain terracing fitba experts = The chairman saying F**k it, I'm p**ssed off with these moaning b'strds, I'm off!

PS - You are a nasty little elf, with a brain to match your size!

14 games is not a long time to judge anyone but what worries me is the lack of progress we have made in that period.
Yes, the league is tight and a few wins on the bounce can get us further up the league. But will that happen if the manager continues to treat the opposition with way too much respect? Our goals scored and goal difference are amongst the worst in Britain and maybe it`s time to ditch the try not to concede tactics and maybe have a go?

I was at Forfar and we were ok. It looked to me as if Aitchsion was playing the same tactics as he deployed against Dunfermline and make no mistake, we won that out of good fortune than anything else. I couldn`t understand the formation against Forfar. We have better players than them and should have went for it.

Aitchison is still the manager and will get my support but there are serious doubts creeping in and the next 2 games, even at this stage of the season, are huge. Failure to attain at least 4 points and the pressure will be on the board to make some crucial decisions.

Rudolph

Can you remind me when Bill Brown took over last season and how it transformed our season?

Changing manager mid season after a dozen games = Start again and call for the new managers head within 6 months = Keeping the East Fife managerial merry go round going = Still fighting to avoid relegation = Mair moaning from certain terracing fitba experts = The chairman saying F**k it, I'm p**ssed off with these moaning b'strds, I'm off!

If the chairman of this club threw his toys out of the pram and fecked off on the back of a few moaners on the internet and at games then he shouldn't have taken the job on on the first place. I think Lee Murray has a thicker skin than that Rudy.

But then again I suspect, like your mate Jocky, you were a cheerleader for the hopeless previous regime so perhaps that is what you are wishing for. It's not what the vast majority of us want.

Terracing Now!
Rudolph

If the chairman of this club threw his toys out of the pram and fecked off on the back of a few moaners on the internet and at games then he shouldn't have taken the job on on the first place. I think Lee Murray has a thicker skin than that Rudy.

But then again I suspect, like your mate Jocky, you were a cheerleader for the hopeless previous regime so perhaps that is what you are wishing for. It's not what the vast majority of us want.

Behave yourself TN! The chairman I am sure wouldn't do that, but would you be surprised with all the shit that flies about Bayview, if he did? I certainly wouldn't blame him, but I even more certainly hope he doesn't. I have no idea who Jocky is, so no mate of mine, just like you also, are no mate of mine!
Are you an elf in disguise by any chance, or maybe have elven friends?

Jocky disnay hae any mates.
He`s a sad wee fuck that nae one likes.