Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Christian Nade

Anyone know if his International clearance has come through. I know it's no fault of the Club and it basically requires a button to be pressed on the computer at his former club. Can he play 3 games as a trialist ? Why can't FIFA intervene and force his former club to comply ? It would be great to see his long awaited debut at Arbroath tomorrow. C'mon the Fife !

Re: Christian Nade

Hey BB. are u up very early? Or just come in from the tiles?? :):))))).

Yeah, would be brill to see CN turn out against the smokies, let's hope so. I'm away from home so will miss out.

Enjoy the game BB. MONTHEFIFE.

Nade will not be available until January at the earliest.

we Cannot afford to wait for this lay-about !!!! ......is it not bout time we signed some cunt to play up-front wi liam .?? im no willie aitchison like ...but playing the smallest striker in the division, up-front, himself is lacking a bit ????...mon the fife x

Two goals today for Liam if thats lacking ....well

So is this true?

I wouldn't say there is a massive difference in individual ability between SPFL and League 1. This boy was absolutely murder for Hearts and most of their own fans will tell you the same! Youtube it and you'll see yourself, waste of cash if you ask me

Bayviewboy
Anyone know if his International clearance has come through. I know it's no fault of the Club and it basically requires a button to be pressed on the computer at his former club. Can he play 3 games as a trialist ? Why can't FIFA intervene and force his former club to comply ? It would be great to see his long awaited debut at Arbroath tomorrow. C'mon the Fife !

Is it no fault of the club? ...... could we have played him as a trialist had he not signed? Should we have signed him prior to clearance coming through? When was clearance requested...July?

Dubs
I wouldn't say there is a massive difference in individual ability between SPFL and League 1. This boy was absolutely murder for Hearts and most of their own fans will tell you the same! Youtube it and you'll see yourself, waste of cash if you ask me
Football expert here. Was Stephen Hughes and Gary Naysmith a huge success in the SPL last year? Honestly some ppl here are total idiots!!

Noisy Crossbar
Bayviewboy

Is it no fault of the club? ...... could we have played him as a trialist had he not signed? Should we have signed him prior to clearance coming through? When was clearance requested...July?

There must be some way we can attach all the blame onto the club, surely? If not the club as a whole, at least individuals on the board or management team? C'mon lads, use your imagination here.

I heard Nade can't play as he got locked in the back of a lorry load of crisps and had to eat his way out, this has put his training back a week or two. He is up to running two laps of the six yard box so should have more stamina than when he was at Hearts. Should form a good partnership with Liam when they get together as I have heard Liam usually can't finish his pre-match meal so I'm sure with a plate of leftovers and someone to work with who can score they will get on well. Yeah can't wait to see the big fella in action no doubt he will be Willy's secret weapon, it's all part of the master plan.

Can anyone lend me a tenner I'm starving

Can you lot stop mocking the club for fuck sake nade might not have done well in the spl but have any of u saw him play for east fife?? No!!! Ok he may be shit but give him a chance to get a game first. And does anybody remember Jason Scotland at Dundee united he couldn't get clearance for them and few weeks later signed for st Johnstone and even with us how long did it take to get clearance for Colin Samuel?? And it wouldn't have mattered if we played him as a trialist it would still take same time once he signed his contract the same as when Samuel played for us

Black and Gold. There is no mocking going on, we all know that the signing of Christian Nade is bound to be a success, as it will all have been part of the master plan from the beginning. It is irrelevant that Nade up until now has fallen by the wayside and in actual fact has not scored that many goals. That will all change at our level, as he has had months of coaching and development while gaining his fitness, he must be so fit by now. So it will only be a matter of time before he is making a name for himself and showing all the doubters who are nothing but moaners that they don't have a clue what they are talking about. I mean how can they have a clue, after all, since they support a has been club in the 3rd tier of SCOTTISH football, the cretins. Imagine being skeptical about signing a player who hasn't kicked a ball in anger for over a year.. Who would have thought eh !

The thing is all us potato heads do hope he will be a success but ...... at the end of the day how can we judge the manager when his super star signing hasn't been able to play yet.... Oh we will have to wait until January......................... Clyde on a Banana boat eh!... Aye that was us

Cant understand how people are going on about Christian Nade he has not played yet.What about that bloke Moosavi hes been in the team mind you I have still to see him play football.

topper
Cant understand how people are going on about Christian Nade he has not played yet.What about that bloke Moosavi hes been in the team mind you I have still to see him play football.
Another cracking joke from this thread. Yawn.

Mr Happy
Dubs
Football expert here. Was Stephen Hughes and Gary Naysmith a huge success in the SPL last year? Honestly some ppl here are total idiots!!

You just proved my point dickhead. Players every year dropping down leagues because like i said there isn't a massive difference in ability! missing sitters all the time has nothing to do with what league your in, you miss you miss...
Honestly some ppl here are total idiots!! Prick

Dubs
Mr Happy
Dubs

You just proved my point dickhead. Players every year dropping down leagues because like i said there isn't a massive difference in ability! missing sitters all the time has nothing to do with what league your in, you miss you miss...

Keyboard warriors, you've just got to love them, eh?

Dubs
Mr Happy
Dubs

The point I was making was that Steven Hughes and Gary Naysmith weren't very good in the SPFL hence why they were released and have looked far better quality than the standard in this league.. I'm not gona argue with someone who seems to have little football knowledge and just comes on here with an immature and nieve attitude towards our players.

Mr Happy
Dubs
Mr Happy
Dubs

The point I was making was that Steven Hughes and Gary Naysmith weren't very good in the SPFL hence why they were released and have looked far better quality than the standard in this league.. I'm not gona argue with someone who seems to have little football knowledge and just comes on here with an immature and nieve attitude towards our players.

As I said before, great loyal supporters but they don't half haver some shite!?

Don't think nade will play for us think its alot of crap and why are we keeping a shite manger who is poor

Fifey
Mr Happy
Dubs
Mr Happy
Dubs

As I said before, great loyal supporters but they don't half haver some shite!?
And how am I havering Shite?

Are you for real? I put up an opinion of what i thought of Nade and you came out with football expert, idiot, immature and nieve? listen to yourself pal p.s prick

If your gonna start giving folk shit because you dont agree with their opinion then either beat it or start using your real name and throw in an address with that some folk just use this site to give abuse over a computer screen

Dubs
If your gonna start giving folk shit because you dont agree with their opinion then either beat it or start using your real name and throw in an address with that some folk just use this site to give abuse over a computer screen

So you are agreeing with him and not being abusive then?

Well how come he's not play yet nade that's all I here ever week he's going to play and he dose not and last week abroath where crap we shound have won but the ref help abroath back in the match

Do u think we beat Stranraer I say we beat them 3-2 and pars help us as well with beating AIRDRIE