Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Another Defeat Today...

Surely to god another defeat today should set major alarm bells ringing within the boardroom.
Don't really see how we can continue plodding along week after week with the same old shite.

Re: Another Defeat Today...

See before you post, should you not wait till the game is finished. Fud.
Got enough buffoons posting pish without you contemplating whay should happen before a game has started!!!!

Ewan
Got enough buffoons posting pish without you contemplating whay should happen before a game has started!!!!

So many mongos here, where do I begin !!!

Flo Rida
Ewan

So many mongos here, where do I begin !!!

How about avoiding the use of derogatory terms for people with downs syndrome. There is a good place to start.

I don't post on here all that often but when I do I use my own name.

The above post by "Ewan" was not me. I'm not in the habit of personally insulting people.

Just so you all know. As you were.

Ewan

Ewan, you`re a tit.
I predict a yet another home defeat this Saturday and Aitchison still in a job come January.

All part of a plan that doesn't exist.

Dominated that game today and up until the substitutions I felt we could win.
Why the Fuck he took Fash and young Jack off is anyone's guess.
Poor management decision and the replacements were poor choices.
Durie ineffective as usual and overall a bad result given the amount of possession we had.
Atchison has to go. Fucking clueless at team selectionand just can't see where the points are going to come from.

Bang on , but all we will hear is , training was great this week and we were the better team , bla bla bla yes now time for change.

Yes, we're told they are flying in training, perhaps they could start training on Saturdays.

And we'll give someone a hammering soon no doubt. Maybe we will but probably not until we play Queens Park next season

Yep, fash being taken off was the wrong move, but the fact that he brought on the moose was incrdible i along with many others just shook our heads. Incredible, laughable, bloody shocking. Any oerson watching could see that jonny Stewart was needing to be replaced. How much longer do we have to put up with the incompetence. I dont agree with Durie being called ineffective as although young jack may have shone for a second or two he has no clue about where ge needs to be to stop durie being exposed, also kept running away from the ball looking for durie ir any one else to play a 30 yard pass, when he needed to come for the pass, too predictable, pat should have started

Magnum PI
Dominated that game today and up until the substitutions I felt we could win.
Why the Fuck he took Fash and young Jack off is anyone's guess.
Poor management decision and the replacements were poor choices.
Durie ineffective as usual and overall a bad result given the amount of possession we had.
Atchison has to go. Fucking clueless at team selectionand just can't see where the points are going to come from.

Fash was injured he asked to be subbed and was holding the back of his leg.

Fair one didn't see that, but the moose...

The Glebe
Yes, we're told they are flying in training, perhaps they could start training on Saturdays.

The manager stated several weeks ago, we are creating so many chances in a game some team are going to get a hammering in the near future. Sadly the future is going to be the 3rd Div. Every game apart from East End park we run out of ideas in the last 20mins.

Doom and gloom and more doom and gloom!
The merchants are out in force, the same ones that were confident we'd be relegated last season. Mibby it'll happen this season. I don't think so.

We're trying to play the game and string a few passes together. Today we deserved at least a point and if we had taken the chances we created could have expected more.
Yes, mistakes were made on the field today.
Yes, tactics could had been different.
Get over it!

Manager had to field a team with at least 4 regulars unavailable, however the effort is there. Don't hear anyone saying the players don't give a toss.

433 today, so changed the formation from previous games but we were exposed in midfield, this brought pressure on the back four (motm was big joe so that says it all). Need a big striker to assist up top but unfortunately don't think he's gonna be available any time soon.

Penpal
The merchants are out in force, the same ones that were confident we'd be relegated last season. Mibby it'll happen this season. I don't think so.

We're trying to play the game and string a few passes together. Today we deserved at least a point and if we had taken the chances we created could have expected more.
Get over it!

Manager had to field a team with at least 4 regulars unavailable, however the effort is there. Don't hear anyone saying the players don't give a toss.

433 today, so changed the formation from previous games but we were exposed in midfield, this brought pressure on the back four (motm was big joe so that says it all). Need a big striker to assist up top but unfortunately don't think he's gonna be available any time soon.

Won 2 out of 16! 1 was very fortunate against the Pars, the other we were holding on against Arbroath despite them playing whole 2nd half with 10 men. Dumped out 3 cups at first hurdle! Silly us for being negative! Lots of great things have happened off the park but sadly that counts for fuck all when we're heading for yet another miserable season! We do play some good football, but with the full time set up an experienced pro's then so we should! We need a manager, and we need 1 now. The club made a mistake appointing Aitchison in 1st place. Time for the board to open there eyes!!

Penpal

Get over it!

Doom and gloom because that is where we are, not because anyone has chosen to be negative.
Last season was a nightmare, please do not use it as an example of how we might just escape relegation again. We were a bizarre own goal away from going down.

Every week people like Penpal and the manager say we are playing good football, we were unlucky, the best team lost, you can't account for individual errors, players were missing. Why was it the same story the week before, and the week before that, and the week before that, back to July? Look at results. Whatever you think is going right, far more is going wrong and nothing has changed since day one. The current manager is a failure, and he is holding back this club. Act like a club which demands better, and replace him.

Stoney shat out of several tackles yesterday as did a few others! that young boy 15 was decent when he came on, could certainly hit them and loved a tackle. our players look lost going forward, we need more boys who know exactly how and when to go forward. Thought fash was decent in the air but thats about all he did! took my two nephews to their first ever football match and its safe to say they wont be wanting to come back.

Dubs
Stoney shat out of several tackles yesterday as did a few others! that young boy 15 was decent when he came on, could certainly hit them and loved a tackle. our players look lost going forward, we need more boys who know exactly how and when to go forward. Thought fash was decent in the air but thats about all he did! took my two nephews to their first ever football match and its safe to say they wont be wanting to come back.

Take them to Ibrox or Parkhead instead then and condemn them for life.

Penpal

Get over it!

I take my hat off to you penpal, keeping faith and putting up reasons for our results. Well done you are a legend, do you believe in fairies, Santa and boogymen.

I wanted to see two upfront yesterday after watching weeks of one upfront.Could not believe we then went with three upfront.In the second half it appeared we were losing it in midfield and the manager brought on the subs changing like for like.I would have thought another midfielder would have done instead of a forward.The passenger moosavi should have been left out how does he merit a game.The standard of play from the teams above us is not that great yet we are second bottom.How long do you give the manager is it not a game based on results.

Penpal

Is this how low we have sank? Deserved at least a point... at home... to feckin Stranraer. Not even out of November and our season is over already. Embarrassing. New manager asap please.

Penpal

Get over it!

I think you are watching the game with the same tinted glasses as Willie. I read in paper today Willie says we dominated the game from start to finish. That is an insult to every fan who froze their butt of yeterday,as its totally untrue. There are good things happening at Bayview at the moment but it wont matter unless we get results on the park. Its time a decision was made and Willie goes back to coaching the youngsters and a new manager appointed ASAP. Perfect example getting the right manager, at Alloa back to back promotions and sitting 4th in the championship. AlloaCrowds are poor and only had over 800 v Raith yesterday so its not about the fan base. Its about getting the right manager and sadly we have not got it right!!

We did dominate play though. They had a couple of spells but by large we were in charge. We had numerous opportunities to score and we hit the woodwork and the goaly pulled off some outstanding saves. Wasn't our day but the play was good. Enjoyable to watch at times.

Scott Young
We did dominate play though. They had a couple of spells but by large we were in charge. We had numerous opportunities to score and we hit the woodwork and the goaly pulled off some outstanding saves. Wasn't our day but the play was good. Enjoyable to watch at times.
Agreed best football I've seen at Bayview for a long time!! Hopefully we can get a win against route 1 united on saturday and start to shoot up the table.

Scott Young

Are you the guy who calls yourself Sir Scott on Twitter? I will put your remarks down to a total lack of any football knowledge. And possibly impaired vision?Either that or you are deliberately trying to annoy people. Or, as your Twitter name suggests, you are just an arse.

Personal abuse towards me, I'll take that. Keep giving me abuse and get behind the team and stop slagging off players and just slag off me. And Mr Happy I'm glad you agree it is actually tremendous when we keep it on the deck.

Scott Young

Didn't I read stranraer had 52% of possession? Same amount of shots?

Whatever pal again I am giving up with the site. A large part of you are t going to games, just moaning cause you love moaning, saying were going to lose and hoping we do so you can say I told you so. Get some positivity about you, look for the good parts in the game. Promote the east fife experience to folk not. Awww were shite, cause that makes folk want to come. You promote it and folk will go and crowds will raise, we will get better players and we could work to the future.

Yesterday I stood with the legends coming onto the pitch with a tear in my eye. These boys meant a lot to so many fans, they were from the glory days, surely more glory days can be achieved no. Or shall we all just moan at the shit results and not read the positives from the game.

The legends were a proper team led to success by a proper manager who was vastly experienced in football and had a gift for getting the best out of his players. The former players must have looked at yesterday's game and winced.
You call for positivity. At half time yesterday, the feelgood factor was off the scale. So why did we get beat? I can't understand this, because you have said that all we need to do is be positive and evrything will be okay. Why have we been cheated like this? It is just not fair, Sir.

Finding it quite difficult to go watch East Fife knowing that a pumping is on the cards.
What i`m starting to find more incredible with each passing week is fuck all is being done about it.
We seem to have adopted an attitude where defeat and relegation battles are acceptable.

Why bother

Each week the fans turn up in decent numbers and tbh, it's the most supportive I've seen Bayview. Even when we go behind the place is still full of enthusiasm.

The problem isn't with the support this year. How can the fans stay positive after were beaten week after week? It all starts with results on the field. The players need to give the fans something to get behind.

Another shafting on the cards and another week with a manager who clearly isn't up to.the job.
Forfar 4 0 East Fife

Great times.