Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Vs Arbroath

Paterson
Dutot
McBride
Thom
Mbu
Campbell
Stewart
Stewart
Hughes
Moosavi
Buchanan.

Very poor IMO.

Re: Vs Arbroath

Subs:
Durie
Clarke
Fash
Smith
Barr
Lennie
Andrews

Must admit I was shocked at the team selection but fair play to Jack Smith and Barr when they came on.

Willis and Tuta were in attendance but whether they were fit enough is another matter. Certainly we need them and Ross Brown available for selection.

Unfortunately , in my opinion , there were 3 players in the starting lineup who are no way 1st division material.
Poor first half but thereafter end to end play.

Special mention to Patterson for a stupendous triple save in the last minute,
to Stephen Hughes was for his tireless energy, and to Buchanan for his 2 goals . It must be soul destroying plouging a lone furrow up front.

Just looked at Arbroaths photos from the game and it shows McBrides foul on Linn was clearly well outside the box,definite sending off but never a penalty.

Ref was card happy yesterday and his mistake may have cost us the 3 points. Bit hard to take when you consider Forfar should have been down to 10 last week and got away with it. Which also had a bearing on the result.

I thought the booking of Moosavi wad particularly bad. Young leftback justscreamed and held his leg. Iwasn't convinced there was even contact.

He did that a couple of times during the game

k
Just looked at Arbroaths photos from the game and it shows McBrides foul on Linn was clearly well outside the box,definite sending off but never a penalty.

Yes it looked close and it was a clumsy challenge but once the ref blew up Scott was always going to get that card. He is entitled to ask where the rest of the back four was mind that made him the last man and put him in such a bad position.

Another thing that has been missed in the after match comments is the two times Arbroath players feigned injury in their own box when East Fife were attacking and had them under the cosh. Two different Arbroath players collapsed in a heap just when we were seriously threatening their goals in the second half and the ref stopped play. This was pure play acting by these players and when play was restarted, the ball was hoofed right back down into our half, in the name of fair play! The players both of course got up, stood at the side of the pitch for a few seconds and were back playing as if they were never touched!

I think to stop this, is if players urgently need treatment and play is stopped, then they need to be checked for at least 10 minutes off the field of play, to make sure they are okay. That might stop the blatant cheating if their teams will have to make do with 10 players, unless they are substituted. If they are not substituted, then that proves there was nothing much wrong with them to justify them lying half-deid on the ground in the first place.

Chancers!
Another thing that has been missed in the after match comments is the two times Arbroath players feigned injury in their own box when East Fife were attacking and had them under the cosh. Two different Arbroath players collapsed in a heap just when we were seriously threatening their goals in the second half and the ref stopped play. This was pure play acting by these players and when play was restarted, the ball was hoofed right back down into our half, in the name of fair play! The players both of course got up, stood at the side of the pitch for a few seconds and were back playing as if they were never touched!

I think to stop this, is if players urgently need treatment and play is stopped, then they need to be checked for at least 10 minutes off the field of play, to make sure they are okay. That might stop the blatant cheating if their teams will have to make do with 10 players, unless they are substituted. If they are not substituted, then that proves there was nothing much wrong with them to justify them lying half-deid on the ground in the first place.
Fair point here. Don't even think the player had to leave the park on one of those occasions. Poor refereeing !!

Chancers!

Of course we could have just played on and fucked them. Frankly if I was manager that is what I would instruct my players to do. All this kicking the ball out in the name of sportsmanship is anything but, and is used as a ruse to get a break and disrupt the flow of the game. Teams never used to do this until about 20 years ago. If a player is seriously injured he will get treatment soon enough. Only if there is a head injury should play be stopped.