Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nade not signing...

http://terracepodcast.net/scottish-lower-leagues/2013/11/18/news-nada-for-nade

Re: Nade not signing...

Many thanks for this.
By the way its worth listening to the full interview with Lee Murray that's linked to the report.

Could have done ok wi liam up-front but only ok tho IMO

But would rather have hughes till end of season ...but wait was that I heard we probarly will .... brilliant !!!!

JS
Many thanks for this.
By the way its worth listening to the full interview with Lee Murray that's linked to the report.

Agreed - full 29min interview with Lee is very good.

Sounds like Willie A's appointment was made by Brian before Lee was on board.

Really liked that interview. Pleased that Lee Murray is really driving this club now.

Really good interview.
Agree with above....don't just read the report listen to the full interview.

I am trying to listen to the full interview but 9 minutes in I am on a repeat of the first 2 min 33 seconds. Anybody tell me how to get the full thing. Just getting the local bit. Now it is repeating a smaller bit on each repeat.

Cloud and cuckoo land springs to mind.Top 16 club,crowds of 1500/1700

Very disrespectful to both Brown and Nade

Downie
Cloud and cuckoo land springs to mind.Top 16 club,crowds of 1500/1700

Very disrespectful to both Brown and Nade

1. Realistic ambition. Given our history, past and potential fanbase a no brainer

2. Who cares?

Sounds like Lee is in for long haul so all the best. I will support the club like many others and it sounds like fans opinions will be considered atleast his point about communication and commenting on line and social media is a progressive view from a club. Only bit of advice or point to remember is you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Regarding Christian and Brown his comments were very much tongue in cheek

I RONNIE
Regarding Christian and Brown his comments were very much tongue in cheek

Eh ... no they weren't. I don't have a problem with what the chairman said, he was being honest.

Will this mean an end to the no. 19 charade that Liam wears, seeing as how it is no longer reserved for the special one?

Does it really matter about the number on the shirt these days?

Paul Raymond
Will this mean an end to the no. 19 charade that Liam wears, seeing as how it is no longer reserved for the special one?

A good source from within the club has told me that the material from Nade's shirt will be used to cover the park over the winter months

How about a bigger pair of shorts for big Joe?

Having listened to the interviews this week with Lee Murray and Willie Aitchison its interesting to see their different opinions of Nsde. Murray says that he didn't think Nade was all that great, whereas Aitchison reackons he would have been amazing. Who is right?

Aitchison is purely sticking up for his pal Nade and Lee was giving his honest opinion about him. Who knows if Nade would have been great for us? Bit like Brian McNeil saying that his pal Willie Aitchsion will be great for us.

One thing is for sure is that we need a more physical presence up front to help Liam.

That's the worrying part, our manager thinks Nade would be a good signing. Ask any Hearts fan and they will tell you the same story, lazy, overweight and doesn't score goals. Just so there is no doubt I am with Lee on this one.

does this mean if Nade isnt signing that Derek "sherlock" Holmes will be picking up his weekly wages from lee to sign.

with the Nade issues the whole thing was a false rumour from the start and got the whole fans believing the tooth fairy has arrived this season iv seen Colin Samuel play more games for the fife and prob would of scored more goals than him. thats my take of the whole saga.
though i doubt he would of made a difference anyway we have forgot what winning is with the current crop and we are fighting for safety again, thank god airdrie lost today or we would of been in all kinds of problems at the foot of the leauge and its pretty worrying.

The whole fans? Speak for urself, I never understood all the hype surrounding Nade. Fat and lazy, not what we need. Lee Murray is correct. Don't listen to Aitchison, he's clueless.

This has been an administrative disaster from the East Fife board.

Almost 6 months seems an awful long time to try to arrange some paperwork, East Fife would have wasted less time dispatching Eugene Clarke (or relevant dignitary) to his former club to open up a filing cabinet, pull out the document and put it in the shredder. His round trip could have incorporated a stop at FIFA headquarters. He'd have sorted this in less than a week.

Why must East Fife continue to be impractical?