Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Team the moz

its only a thought to open debate, room for the players to interchange etc.

not sure of suspensions if any or injuries but i Recon Andrews will start Pato blamed for mistake. on that note if both keepers are making mistakes and changing regular why not try the other lad Shaw, just a thought. Barr, sub appearances have been encouraging, Brown if fit. younger lads Lennie included are doing okay, when give the chance. Naysmith still injured I think. what's the worst that can happen lose again.

Andrews

Durie Dutot Thom Stonie ?

Hughes
Clarke Barr

Brown

Buchannan Tuta

Re: Team the moz

I think young Jack Smith deserves to retain his spot, assuming Naysmith isn't returning.

My side

Paterson
Dutot Mbu Thom Stonie (unless Naysmith is fit)

Durie Hughes Brown Smith

Buchanan Tuta (if unavailable Fash)

Durie and Stoney to be dropped.

-------------Paterson

Dutot - Campbell - Mbu - Naysmith

Smith - Hughes - Brown - McBride

-----------Tuta---Buchanan

Not a game for young light weights we need a strong spine through the team. Forfar score a lot of their goals with the set piece Hard to even guess what the manager will come up with but id like to see this line up. This will be a very hard physical encounter.
PATERSON
DUTOT THOM NAYSMITH
MBU
CAMPBELL
R. STEWART BROWN HUGHES STONIE
BUCHANAN

fan 67
Not a game for young light weights we need a strong spine through the team. Forfar score a lot of their goals with the set piece Hard to even guess what the manager will come up with but id like to see this line up. This will be a very hard physical encounter.
PATERSON
DUTOT THOM NAYSMITH
MBU
CAMPBELL
R. STEWART BROWN HUGHES STONIE
BUCHANAN

I get what your saying and agree to some extent, however the strong spine hasn't been working certainly not against Forfar. Pretty sure Pato will be dropped.

Cup tie we out played them but their 2 goals were badly defended set plays. I would start with the same shape and try and get a foot hold in midfield. If we defend better than last few games we can get something. If we continue to loose goals like a pub team we will be turned over. look at 2nd goal last week a big hump up the park grehan left himself, a carbon copy of arbroaths penalty hopeful punt from back to front defence left wanting.

Can't be there tomorrow (grandparent duties)but would like to see Tuta given a chance up front to help Buchanan and give the Forfar central thugs.... oops, defenders, problems, maybe bring on Fash to finish them off.

Ladbrokes are offering 3/1 on a Fife win 2moro. Worth a wee punt I thought. Surely we will win sometime?

Coral and bet 365... 4/1... No brainier... Puttin ma pension on that!

Terry Lawrence
Coral and bet 365... 4/1... No brainier... Puttin ma pension on that!
Crazy price! Go for it and good luck, I've risked a wee tenner! Mon the Fife!

I hope we get a result tomorrow, hopefully if we score first we will do alright and we defend their set pieces better also we dont conceded silly fouls and goals is the key. Heres my team...formation 4-1-2-1-2(Diamond Midfield)

Paterson in goals.

back four of Durie, Mbu and Thom and Naysmith.

Ross Brown - Defensive Midfield

two wide midfielders of McBride and Stoney.

Clarke - Attacking Midfield

with Buchanan and Tuta upfront.

Subs:-
Andrews,Wilson,Fash,Moosavi,Jack Smith,Campbell & J.Stewart.

According to his twitter Jonny Stewart has finished training & heading to Nando along with Willis, Lexi & Cedric. 4 def not in squad today then!

Team talk
According to his twitter Jonny Stewart has finished training & heading to Nando along with Willis, Lexi & Cedric. 4 def not in squad today then!

Are they not all full time players? Can't help feeling the club was awful quick to dish out full time deals to players that we are not using.

Good to see that Jonny Stewart is staying to watch his team, considering he seems to captain the team in Stonies absence. Willis is still injured. These are also FT and agree with the previous statement.

the club could of wanted to tie those on FT contracts as they wanted to sign those players to the club but they might had other offers from difference clubs than ourself back in the summer so the club could of offered them better deals to attracted them to Methil. mind back in the summer we didnt have a player signed up untill we had a takeover aswell, its a shame we dont sign players like ross brown on longer deals too and it'll be the same come next summer in guessing whos in and whos out really.