Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Sack Atchison Thread

Surely to fuck this guys had long enough?!

I certainly wont be attending any more games until we have someone new in place. More than had enough.

An absolute farce.

Re: The Sack Atchison Thread

Agreed. Got to go.

Urban Zombie

I certainly wont be attending any more games until we have someone new in place. More than had enough.

An absolute farce.[/quot

Greig McDonald.

Enough is enough.Bought into the pre season hype and really thought this was the man to take us forward but results have proved me wrong.
Been to most away games in the last few years but not today and to be honest did not miss it.
Have my season ticket for Bayview but now couldn't care less about going to next game.
Sorry but there has to be a change or all the good work done behind the scenes has all been for nothing.

Urban Zombie

An absolute farce.

How did they play today UZ?

The way we are playing relegation is guaranteed.
I`m not sticking around to see it happen. I`m actually going to games expecting to lose and people think this is acceptable?
What on earth are this board thinking?

As someone just said...

enough is enough!

The time is well and truly up!! Must go now, sick fed up of excuse after excuse and 0 points. Bored of being an EF fan right now

Urban Zombie
The way we are playing relegation is guaranteed.
I`m not sticking around to see it happen. I`m actually going to games expecting to lose and people think this is acceptable?
What on earth are this board thinking?

As someone just said...

enough is enough!

Result aside, what did you think of their general play? I wasn't there, so hope you don't mind me asking mate.

Take note board , Morton sack manager.

Can any of the above posters comment on how we played today? Also, the hand ball incident for the penalty, was it deliberate or a harsh decision by the ref?

I. Wonder
Can any of the above posters comment on how we played today? Also, the hand ball incident for the penalty, was it deliberate or a harsh decision by the ref?

Who cares? If does not matter. It is the same report every week, and the same result. How we played today has lost relevance. We MUST stop the rot. All the board has to do is act. It is entirely within their hands. Our fate is our own. After buying control of the club, now exercise that control. PLEASE.

Agree with fifer.

It's got to the point where it no longer matters how we played in games. We're losing our way back to league 2. The fact that in the interview with Lee he said Willie wasn't his appointment says it all.

I'm afraid enough is enough.

Any manager that loses 4 times to Forfar in the same season deserves to be sacked.

Joe
Any manager that loses 4 times to Forfar in the same season deserves to be sacked.

You mean four times in four months. That must be a record. Over to the Forfar historians for confirmation

long time coming people now getting wise to The bullshit. Have given The new team respect now please give us The folk who dip into our pockets respect. One new and knowledgable gaffer please. TAXI oot of Methil for MrA

Whilst I have admired some of the football Willie Aitchison has had us playing, I'm afraid the time has come for a change of Manager to be made before it's too late. The fact we don't have a game for two weeks is the perfect time for the Board to act. My only hope is that the Board do not rush the appointment. They must advertise the post, wait until applications are received, then interview the most suitable applicants before making the right appointment. Too often in the past we have appointed the cheap option, promoted a player to Manager or rushed an appointment without waiting to see who is interested.
I trust Lee Murray to make the right decision to take the Club forward and hope that Brian McNeill will hold his hand up and agree that the appointment of Willie Aitchison was a gamble which hasn't worked. Hopefully the change is made before it's too late !

Todays performance summed up Aitchisons style of play and tactics. Once again Buchanan was up front on his own which meant he had to come deep to get the ball, leaving nobody else up front.Once again, the opposition keeper has hardly anything to do all game and made only one real save.
The sending off obviously had an effect on the game but maybe if Aitchison had the team playing more positively from the start then maybe we would have a lead to hold on to.
Why do we continue to give our opponents so much respect and invite them to come on to us?
In my opinion, the players we have are better that that,but unfortunately they do not have the right person managing them.

It is being generous to say appointing Aitchison was a gamble. It was insane.

Certainly delusional

Was there today... ffs ....enough is enough.... Some good stuff on his journey but yes it's time to go.... Great squad apart from one or two... We are the Dumbarton of a few seasons ago... Change Willie wi a guy that knows football management and we will climb that league in no time!..

I`ve just watched his interview and cannot believe what i have just heard! "We created lots of chances" "the penalty changed the game" and the old favourite "it`s very frustrating".
Well Willie, it`s very frustrating having you still here as Manager!!

Willie Aitchison? mare like Willie Wonka!!!

We were woeful today. Gave away possession far too easily with 11 men, nevermind 10.

I think Douglas's only save of note was a long range effort from Joe.

Agree enough is enough time for a change.With the squad we have we should be doing better in the league and the tactics are terrible.I decided not to go today as it was a home banker and its a nightmare to watch.

Time to go.

And if this isn't his last game, time for Brian mcneil to be removed also.

Noisy crossbar
Time to go.

And if this isn't his last game, time for Brian mcneil to be removed also.

Over to you Mr Murray.
Act now as this is embarrassing.

Crowds are going to get smaller and smaller.

Listen to all the part time fans piping up. Most of them probably haven't been to a game this season, and yet the feel they should be making board level decisions pahaha

Flo Rida
Listen to all the part time fans piping up. Most of them probably haven't been to a game this season, and yet the feel they should be making board level decisions pahaha

Congratulations, you are the first status quo fan of the night. Here we are oh here we are oh here we go

We have a kid on physio appointing a kid on manager who signs kid on players. I think we would be in a better position with Columbine and Billy Brown in position. As someone commented at the match today, our best chance of avoiding relegation is if life long fan JDB leads Livingston into administration.

All the hard work the board has put in and there talk about increased gates as we get it right on the park and move forward as a club in the next few years is all to waste if the board can't admit they got it wrong and change the manager now. He's never going to resign as this will be his only shot at the "big" time as no one else would be stupid enough to employ someone with so little experience.

Flo Rida

Things do appear to be really bad though, eh?

Gladstone Fifer
Urban Zombie

An absolute farce.[/quot

Greig McDonald.

Agreed. Give big Greig McDonald a chance, knows the club inside out and always played for the shirt! We should start a thread so the board takes notice !

Our next game is 7th Dec, its a good chance to get someone else in. Chances are itl get handed to Gary and I cant see that improving much.

The one to blame the most here is the person who made the incredible decision to appoint an untried nobody that hardly anyone in football had heard of and who won`t be seen anywhere near this level of football ever again, once he leaves East Fife.

That incredible decision has cost us virtually half a season as there has been hardly any progress made so far.

Aitchison has to go and go NOW!!!

Ok here goes firstly he has started a team with no players secondly the takeover took longer than expected so this means less time to trial players etc maybe he did sign a some players that havent lived up to there name as at previous clubs. Thirdly having a pop at brian it was not so long ago people were shouting for people on the board heads and brian takes over with lee and silent invedtors. If people would only look at the bigger picture ie the reserves at the top of the league and lots of great youths coming through which billy brown said we did not have. People all want instant reaults but in reality building a club and moving forward does not happen over night. It will take time and patience. If you really want to sack a manager who will come in ? Change system team etc half way through a season what then if it does not work sack him too? Look at alex ferguson at Manchester united and he turned it arround im not saying aichison is fergie but prime example how wrong people can be. Be realistic this seaon avoid play offs next season mid table then challenge for the league this is a building process. And if anyone one here actually looks at the table look at the table if we win our next game we can go 5th. So come on no matter how hard it is and if you are a real supporter get behimd the club and management team and cheer the guys on instead off slateing managers. If its really about money I should be really pissed coz no matter how much you put in I bet I put in more so please be patient and stick with the club. Thanks oh and one last thing officials in the last 5 games have been very poor what would a new manager do to fix that ??

realist
Ok here goes firstly he has started a team with no players secondly the takeover took longer than expected so this means less time to trial players etc maybe he did sign a some players that havent lived up to there name as at previous clubs. Thirdly having a pop at brian it was not so long ago people were shouting for people on the board heads and brian takes over with lee and silent invedtors. If people would only look at the bigger picture ie the reserves at the top of the league and lots of great youths coming through which billy brown said we did not have. People all want instant reaults but in reality building a club and moving forward does not happen over night. It will take time and patience. If you really want to sack a manager who will come in ? Change system team etc half way through a season what then if it does not work sack him too? Look at alex ferguson at Manchester united and he turned it arround im not saying aichison is fergie but prime example how wrong people can be. Be realistic this seaon avoid play offs next season mid table then challenge for the league this is a building process. And if anyone one here actually looks at the table look at the table if we win our next game we can go 5th. So come on no matter how hard it is and if you are a real supporter get behimd the club and management team and cheer the guys on instead off slateing managers. If its really about money I should be really pissed coz no matter how much you put in I bet I put in more so please be patient and stick with the club. Thanks

Gave up up. Probably true.

realist
Ok here goes firstly he has started a team with no players secondly the takeover took longer than expected so this means less time to trial players etc maybe he did sign a some players that havent lived up to there name as at previous clubs. Thirdly having a pop at brian it was not so long ago people were shouting for people on the board heads and brian takes over with lee and silent invedtors. If people would only look at the bigger picture ie the reserves at the top of the league and lots of great youths coming through which billy brown said we did not have. People all want instant reaults but in reality building a club and moving forward does not happen over night. It will take time and patience. If you really want to sack a manager who will come in ? Change system team etc half way through a season what then if it does not work sack him too? Look at alex ferguson at Manchester united and he turned it arround im not saying aichison is fergie but prime example how wrong people can be. Be realistic this seaon avoid play offs next season mid table then challenge for the league this is a building process. And if anyone one here actually looks at the table look at the table if we win our next game we can go 5th. So come on no matter how hard it is and if you are a real supporter get behimd the club and management team and cheer the guys on instead off slateing managers. If its really about money I should be really pissed coz no matter how much you put in I bet I put in more so please be patient and stick with the club. Thanks oh and one last thing officials in the last 5 games have been very poor what would a new manager do to fix that ??

Tell me about your childhood...............

Neolithic Man.
realist

Tell me about your childhood...............

You gave the example of Ferguson at Man Utd which is a slightly different comparison as he had played, professional football and had managed before and won trophies. What has Willie done in football ? I'll give you the opposite example of Dumbarton appointing Ian Murray, a rookie manager who took them from being marooned at the bottom of the table to finishing well up the league with the same players he inherited. It is about getting the best out of players in a system that suits their strengths. Willie I'd doing neither at the moment !

Great post Bayviewboy.

Tactics are poor, team selection is poor, subs are poor. We are a shambles! I didn't go yday as I quite simply couldn't be arsed. Same shit different week. If he's still in charge next weekend i'll give it a miss. If the board can't see that he was the wrong decision by now then we're as well as relegate all ready. Wakey wakey board!!

realist
Ok here goes firstly he has started a team with no players secondly the takeover took longer than expected so this means less time to trial players etc maybe he did sign a some players that havent lived up to there name as at previous clubs. Thirdly having a pop at brian it was not so long ago people were shouting for people on the board heads and brian takes over with lee and silent invedtors. If people would only look at the bigger picture ie the reserves at the top of the league and lots of great youths coming through which billy brown said we did not have. People all want instant reaults but in reality building a club and moving forward does not happen over night. It will take time and patience. If you really want to sack a manager who will come in ? Change system team etc half way through a season what then if it does not work sack him too? Look at alex ferguson at Manchester united and he turned it arround im not saying aichison is fergie but prime example how wrong people can be. Be realistic this seaon avoid play offs next season mid table then challenge for the league this is a building process. And if anyone one here actually looks at the table look at the table if we win our next game we can go 5th. So come on no matter how hard it is and if you are a real supporter get behimd the club and management team and cheer the guys on instead off slateing managers. If its really about money I should be really pissed coz no matter how much you put in I bet I put in more so please be patient and stick with the club. Thanks oh and one last thing officials in the last 5 games have been very poor wha
t would a new manager do to fix that ??

Idiot! Open your bloody eyes its a,fucking train crash

realist

If brian votes to keep him, it's 2 counts against his judgement so he has to go too.

Our last 3 league games were against teams you would expect to pick up points against. 1 point out of 9 tells its own sorry tale. Hard for anyone to defend as the results speak for themselves. Wullie has tried every player, every tactic, and every formation ,and guess what 98% of the time it ends up a defeat. Now the players must take a big part of the blame as well, as basic errors have cost us in more games than not. Having said that they are being asked to do a different job each week. One week 433, next week 4141, next time 442.You keep hearing noises that the dressing room is united, but a happy dressing room ,is a winning dressing room. I think we are at a crossroads and most fans will start to vote with their feet. We have been very supportive this season, and have a great band of loyal supporters. The one nagging question in my mind is can you see any improvement, if you are honest the answer is NO. If the manager is honest to the club and fans he should see that a change is needed to let the club move forward. We simply cant afford to slip to the basement of Scottish football. For what its worth if I was appointing a new manager I would go for PAUL HEGARTY the ultimate professional. He would gain respect the minute he walked into the dressing room. He has played for his country won leagues and has worked under the best managers in the game. If we have any ambition like the new board are saying lets not go for the cheap option lets get the right man in charge, to lead this great community club forward.

its a real shame that all the tremendous work done by the new board is being undone slowly but surely by the present management. I think you will see the attendance dwindling in the next few weeks unless something is done now!

Sick of hearing the Ferguson comparison from the Aitchison apologist (it can only be a member of his family surely?)
As was stated from Bayview Boy it is just a STUPID comparison. Yes, Fergie had a difficult start to his time at Old Trafford but to emphasise yet again for God sake he was a PROVEN manager who had done a good job at St Mirren and then produced a MIRACLE at Aberdeen, winning league titles, Scottish Cups oh and em the EUROPEAN CUP WINNERS CUP!

So please, please give it a rest. You are just embarrassing yourself mate!

(oh and for the record I was at Forfar yesterday, before I hear the rubbish about being a part time supporter)

realist
And if anyone here actually looks at the table if we win our next game we can go 5th.

Is it 11 points for a win now? We are ten points behind fifth-placed Stenhousemuir. It is going to have to be one hell of a win in our next game to knock them off fifth place.

I think realist is on his own on this one.

Money Money Money !!!
Everyone seems to have forgot what makes the world spin....money !!

Could we afford to dump him ??

Could we then afford a decent replacement.... I doubt it folks ??

Realist will know when the time has come, and probarly counting the pennies the now.. but can we expect the club to pay off his whole contract so early in the season?

Dougie Hope

Money Money Money !!!

Realist will know when the time has come, and probarly counting the pennies the now.. but can we expect the club to pay off his whole contract so early in the season?
Very true. He should quit his post before the fans turn on him.

Xxx

Would take Allan Moore in a jiffy!! Thats if Big Greig not available. We have 2 weeks to get this mess sorted. Willie says we were the best team until the goal!!

Dougie Hope

Money Money Money !!!

Good post Dougie , can we afford not to get rid of him, that's the question the board should be asking themselves.

I think if we continue with a status quo then it will cost more money in the long run, as fans will stay away. Maybe best to take a financial hit now as a lot of the paying customers will be lost. I have said for weeks that some players not up to it at this level, but still willie trusts them week in week out. In willies defence almost every goal we lose is down to someone not doing their job right. He cant do anything when they pass the white line. It looks from afar that someone with a healthy financial interest has did so on the understanding willie is the manager. I cant see any other reason why we would continue to get worse week on week. However having said all this Airdrie have tried new blood in Bollan but it seems nothing has changed, if you read what their fans say, they tell you the players are just not good enough. To a certain degree we are in the same boat. We do not have much game changing quality like a Hilson or Swankie or dare I say Templeman. The board have been brave to invest their time and money in east fife, so we will be brave and let them make the big decisions that safe guards their financial backing.

fan 67
I think if we continue with a status quo then it will cost more money in the long run, as fans will stay away. Maybe best to take a financial hit now as a lot of the paying customers will be lost. I have said for weeks that some players not up to it at this level, but still willie trusts them week in week out. In willies defence almost every goal we lose is down to someone not doing their job right. He cant do anything when they pass the white line. It looks from afar that someone with a healthy financial interest has did so on the understanding willie is the manager. I cant see any other reason why we would continue to get worse week on week. However having said all this Airdrie have tried new blood in Bollan but it seems nothing has changed, if you read what their fans say, they tell you the players are just not good enough. To a certain degree we are in the same boat. We do not have much game changing quality like a Hilson or Swankie or dare I say Templeman. The board have been brave to invest their time and money in east fife, so we will be brave and let them make the big decisions that safe guards their financial backing.

Agree but in Bollans defence he has inherited that team , OUR manager picked his players and still brining in trialists and we are in November.

I agree that he should go now he has had plenty of time to get it right and hasn't.

we have one of the best strikers in the league outwith rangers in buchanan and he insists on playing him upfront on his own .

at Arbroath he changed it during the game to give liam some help and we looked much better so why not do it every game.

I wasn't at Forfar yesterday but as has been said 4 defeats to Forfar already is piss poor and he should do the right thing and walk away.

Dougie Hope

Yes we can afford to dump him, yes we can afford a replacement. Aitchison is not on a long-term big-money contract. He was a taxi driver when he joined us, and he still is a taxi driver. Anything he earns from football is a bonus.
There are plenty of good replacements out there who would not be hard to deal with when it comes to salary.

In my opinion he has had more than long enough and it's time to go.

Rule 1 in business : give the customer what they want.

The customers want a new manger .... Over to you Managing Director.

Gladstone Fifer
Xxx

Would take Allan Moore in a jiffy!!

That could work, he would just about fit in one.

Has to go Disgraceful that he is still manager...after all he is just a glorified Edinburgh cabby... Said after Stranraer away we should of sacked him... And by the looks of things we should have ... The form with the squad we have is unacceptable!

fan 67
I for one was at the game and the same thing was said there about the manager will never loose his job , because of the financial interest from his pal and its not Brian Mcneil , if we look back our posts to September 7th to tanned guy , he is supposed to be the silent investor who has his garage in Edinburgh and if willie wasn't the Manager then no money was being put in , when you come to think about it , no interview , no experience , just sat his B licence , so wasnt qualified to take the job in the first place .

realist

Realist, going by your careful choice of words i suspect you are involved somewhat behind the scenes.
Listen to the fans for fucks sake. Enough is enough! This guy has had more than enough time to prove his worth as a manager and the consequences are we are going to be relegated if this continues for much longer.
The transformation at East Fife this season is refreshing in certain areas but at the end of the day we need to see a team capable of competing in this league and Aitchison simply hasn't delivered that.
He`s clearly way out of his depth and it seems the only people who can see that are the poor sods that pay £13 to watch that shite week in week out.
I`m actually becoming concerned that this board are going to start making the same mistakes as the previous shower and not listen to the supporters.
Enough of the hype and give us a real tried and tested, experienced manager who is capable of taking this club forward.
Enough rhetoric has been spouted on facebook and twitter about big announcements and exciting stuff happening etc. That amounts to nothing and the fans aren't buying into it any more.
In a sense i feel sorry for the man. He shouldn't have been given the job in the first place as he`s clearly way out of his depth and those who appointed him should admit they screwed up big time.

Time to move Willie on before any more damage is done!

Just a thought.

Maybe if the calls to dismiss the manager were not of an insulting nature, then maybe, just maybe the board would seriously consider doing the needful. What they won't want to be seen to be doing is to be seen to be listening to people who have, one after another on this site, insulted the manager. "Just a taxi driver", so you do not respect the man who organises your bus's every other week then?
The only thing that needs to be said is that the manager is not getting results and the board need to take action soon rather than later. No amount of insults is going to help, so why don't you all grow up, be intelligent and stop acting like spoilt brats!

I. Wonder
Just a thought.

Maybe if the calls to dismiss the manager were not of an insulting nature, then maybe, just maybe the board would seriously consider doing the needful. What they won't want to be seen to be doing is to be seen to be listening to people who have, one after another on this site, insulted the manager. "Just a taxi driver", so you do not respect the man who organises your bus's every other week then?
The only thing that needs to be said is that the manager is not getting results and the board need to take action soon rather than later. No amount of insults is going to help, so why don't you all grow up, be intelligent and stop acting like spoilt brats!

Insulting nature? Possibly a few OTT comments by certain posters but can you blame them? With every passing week things are progressively getting worse and people are becoming more frustrated.
There is a significant difference between organising a bus and organising a football team.
There is absolutely no defense for the situation we find ourselves in and any supporter stating otherwise clearly needs his or her head looked at.

Lee Makel

I. Wonder

You must be out of your mind (or not very old) if you think the board of directors will keep a failed manager just to spite a couple of people on the internet who have - correctly - described Aitchison as a taxi driver. And the reason he is a taxi driver? Because he has to earn a living, and no-one offered him a living in football. Until the age of 52, when East Fife came along.

I don't blame Willie for taking the job, any football coach would dream of managing a senior club. I don't care what his day job or profession was, that has nothing to do with anything. He seems like a good guy, talks a good game and is undoubtedly a decent coach with a good footballing philosophy.

I do think it was too big a step for him assuming full control of managing East Fife though. I wish it had worked out, but it hasn't, and it's very clear now that things are not going to improve.

I'm worried that any new fans the board attracted to the club pre-season will now be starting to drift away. Defeat after defeat after defeat sees us walking blindly into yet another relegation battle, I believe there will be plenty experienced candidates who would be delighted to manage a club like East Fife and lead us out of this mess. I just hope the board don't leave it too late. We have a fortnight off so hopefully they can sort things out with Willie on Monday and advertise the job.

Urban Zombie
I. Wonder
Just a thought.

Insulting nature? Possibly a few OTT comments by certain posters but can you blame them? With every passing week things are progressively getting worse and people are becoming more frustrated.
There is a significant difference between organising a bus and organising a football team.
There is absolutely no defense for the situation we find ourselves in and any supporter stating otherwise clearly needs his or her head looked at.

Totally disagree with you mate. Being a frustrated football fan does not give you the right to ridicule someone publicly - end of! To put it this way, if I ridiculed you about anything, how would YOU feel and react?
Put reasoned comments in, dispense with the infantile crap and you might get somewhere positive with the situation WE find ourselves in!

I. Wonder
Totally disagree with you mate. Being a frustrated football fan does not give you the right to ridicule someone publicly - end of! To put it this way, if I ridiculed you about anything, how would YOU feel and react?
Put reasoned comments in, dispense with the infantile crap and you might get somewhere positive with the situation WE find ourselves in!

This thread is full of critical but reasoned comments. You problem is the cold hard facts - we have a taxi driver with zero experience of senior football, in management or as a player, in charge of a Scottish League 1 side. That is not to RIDICULE the man, but it is in fact RIDICULOUS.

VT
I. Wonder

This thread is full of critical but reasoned comments. You problem is the cold hard facts - we have a taxi driver with zero experience of senior football, in management or as a player, in charge of a Scottish League 1 side. That is not to RIDICULE the man, but it is in fact RIDICULOUS.

Another infantile post! Gawn yersel son! You also have ZERO experience of senior football in management or as a player in charge of any side, yet you are making these demands! Grow up for goodness sake. If you are already grown up, then more the pity for you! Just in case you think I am defending the manager, I'm not, but he does not deserve to be ridiculed by, let's face it - TWATS! What do you do for a living son? Not directed at those who are putting in reasoned comments about a change of manager, by the way!

I. Wonder
VT
I. Wonder

Another infantile post! Gawn yersel son! You also have ZERO experience of senior football in management or as a player in charge of any side, yet you are making these demands! Grow up for goodness sake. If you are already grown up, then more the pity for you! Just in case you think I am defending the manager, I'm not, but he does not deserve to be ridiculed by, let's face it - TWATS! What do you do for a living son? Not directed at those who are putting in reasoned comments about a change of manager, by the way!

I.Wonder,
would you care to elaborate on who the TWATS are and what exactly was said on this thread that RIDICULES Mr Aitchison?

You sound awfy like Jocky btw

The club should give Atchison the opportunity to resign .... But that opportunity should expire Monday morning.

Noisy crossbar
realist

If brian votes to keep him, it's 2 counts against his judgement so he has to go too.

WTF are you havering about with "Brian has to go too" HE managed to get the plan for the takeover, HE is getting the young guns coming through. Ok, have a rant regarding what's going on, on the pitch. Have a go at the manager, that's understandable, but to have a go at the man who has done great work in making us almost a fulltime club with a chance to progress is out of order. If Brian was to decide to go, and with comments like yours, maybe in the not too distant future he will. Where then will we be??

True if attendance drops 200 ? then that maybe force the boards hand, but lets hope it never gets too that.

I think he seems a decent coach but just not a manager ? Maybe we can keep him as a full-time coach and bring in a part-time manager to train tues an thurs pick 1st team on the sat ?

The 4-5-1 aint working.. starting to feel sorry for liam can see his frustration build every week now, cant blame him ......and with barr, smith and brown starting we were too lightweight for the thugs o Forfar.. would have been better 4-3-3 surely with our pace ? Brown was that far back at points thought he was playing right back yet to me he is our "playmaker" and should be feeding Liam ? Would hughes not be better sitting further back and bossing midfield letting the 3 young guys above run in front of him ? looked to me the opposite of that happened ??

Felt we started the game looking for a draw and the team selection was wrong to achieve this.

Loyal to the end Fifey, and good on you for that. But Brian McNeill is not above or beyond criticism. The appointment of Aitchison was a serious error of judgment which is undermining everything Brian hopes East Fife can achieve.
There would be no calls for Brian to go if the situation had not been allowed to go on as long as this. He needs to take action and fix the obvious problem at the club. We can all see what has gone wrong. Until action is taken at the top, the reaction from supporters is only going to become more frustrated.

Fifey
Noisy crossbar
realist

WTF are you havering about with "Brian has to go too" HE managed to get the plan for the takeover, HE is getting the young guns coming through. Ok, have a rant regarding what's going on, on the pitch. Have a go at the manager, that's understandable, but to have a go at the man who has done great work in making us almost a fulltime club with a chance to progress is out of order. If Brian was to decide to go, and with comments like yours, maybe in the not too distant future he will. Where then will we be??

It's a good job you have a sense of perspective here Fifey. Good post mate.

Fifey

Why criticism brian - he apointed willie and keeps him in a job. Simple as that.

At the time I praised brian for his part in the takeover and I praised him for giving the youth setup attention. But that was July and this is now.

Brian's report card:

* On getting the takeover together.... Point for
* On young players coming through..... Point for.
* On making us almost a full time squad ..... Void. I don't care if the players train for 7 days a week or 7 minutes a week... It's the results that matter.
* On appointing Atchison as manager......point against.
* On failing to act when Atchison's number is up.....point against.

So with 2 for and 2 against, Brian's got some way to go before he's seen as east fife saviour and all round hero.

And if Brian were to go because of some (fair) criticism .....so be it .... That's the sort of weakness we don't need. We need people to make the tough decisions ...even if it means admitting you were wrong.

Noisy crossbar
Fifey

Why criticism brian - he apointed willie and keeps him in a job. Simple as that.

At the time I praised brian for his part in the takeover and I praised him for giving the youth setup attention. But that was July and this is now.

Brian's report card:

* On making us almost a full time squad ..... Void. I don't care if the players train for 7 days a week or 7 minutes a week... It's the results that matter.

So with 2 for and 2 against, Brian's got some way to go before he's seen as east fife saviour and all round hero.

And if Brian were to go because of some (fair) criticism .....so be it .... That's the sort of weakness we don't need. We need people to make the tough decisions ...even if it means admitting you were wrong.

[/quote.

Excellent post'

I've no idea about Willie Aitchison' s previous employment.The comments are irrelevant and unhelpful.In my view the situation is quite clear.If the Board believe the Manager can fix this and get us out of this mess they should give him more time,if not the sooner a change is made the better.

Michelle Fifer
I don't blame Willie for taking the job, any football coach would dream of managing a senior club. I don't care what his day job or profession was, that has nothing to do with anything. He seems like a good guy, talks a good game and is undoubtedly a decent coach with a good footballing philosophy.

I do think it was too big a step for him assuming full control of managing East Fife though. I wish it had worked out, but it hasn't, and it's very clear now that things are not going to improve.

I'm worried that any new fans the board attracted to the club pre-season will now be starting to drift away. Defeat after defeat after defeat sees us walking blindly into yet another relegation battle, I believe there will be plenty experienced candidates who would be delighted to manage a club like East Fife and lead us out of this mess. I just hope the board don't leave it too late. We have a fortnight off so hopefully they can sort things out with Willie on Monday and advertise the job.

MF Spot on mate, Can't blame him for going for it, the phrase. Tried and failed is better than failed to try. He gave it a go, just like we would all love to have a go and no doubt would fall flat on our faces too. I hold no contempt for Willie, sometimes I too have got frustrated and ranted, but he does come across as a gentleman and when you look at the state of affairs last season with Billy big time there is a difference.

I think by Friday he will have got the sack or tommorow he's no good at all better with the Forfar manger

Drunk and in Weegville for the night, gutted missed the brunch. Was at Forfar y/day wrote the script driving up. I don't want to goo to games anymore thinking we'll get beat.

Noisy crossbar
Fifey

Brian's report card:

N.C. And who are you to do a report card on anybody? We are very very lucky to have investment in our club. Any club in the lower leagues would be lucky to getbthis type of investment in this day and age. Brian has done that . Granted, he appointed the manager and rightly or wrongly he is or is not the man. I don't know, I am not qualified (even as an ex footballer) Brian and lee are business men and when money is involved there is no sympathy I can bet you on that. If lee and Brian decide it is a managerial issue they will surely deal with it. I just take issue with your criticism of the man who I think will take us forward in the medium to long term. This will take time and if the manager needs replaced to go forward? Lee and Brian will do that.

Having said that, please leave out the criticism of the people that have been in charge of a football club for the first time and you must admit are still learning.

Have they responded to the Rangers fans debacle? Yes. They have also asked our opinions on other things. Ofcourse players and the manager will get analysed and criticised, that's Footie, but to have a go at Brian already is wrong.

East Fife fans are not well known for patience and in fact we have a reputation of delusions of grandeur linked to our glory days. Leave the board out of the moaning on this occasion please.

Some good and fair points.

Smokescreen though. Think most of us are happy with the behind scenes set up but let's not detract from the issue that is the inexperienced and incapable manager.
Something has to be done on that front.

Magnum PI
I. Wonder
VT
I. Wonder

I.Wonder,
would you care to elaborate on who the TWATS are and what exactly was said on this thread that RIDICULES Mr Aitchison?

You sound awfy like Jocky btw

What has being a taxi driver got to do with this? Willie Aitchison has obviously been involved in football throughout his life and there are many examples of TOP CLASS managers who never made the grade as footballers. In fact, one has won the World Cup! Now, that manager obviously had to start somewhere too and probably was not an instant success, but went on to have great success.

So why are people trying to make out being a taxi driver, has any bearing on whether or not he is a good manager? The only bearing on that, is results, nothing to do with being a former taxi driver. It is quite obvious, they are trying to discredit him, hence me calling them TWATS!

Whether or not willie is the man to go forward with this club will i am sure be addressed. What really goads me about this site is that faceless gutless wonders can insult the taxi profession ( a sponsor of the club by the way) can call for an investor to be ousted, call for a person to be sacked and do it all anonymously . Even the site owner can't bring himself to use his own name. Next to Derrick brown this site is the most damaging thing that east fife fc had and has to deal with.

I think a lot of what you have said is true, but not the bit about GoF. He has photographs on the main site of himself, so he definitely does not hide behind a username. He is also pretty fair with all his input I would say, and maybe the only negative is that he believes too much in free speech, but as with the press, that comes with responsibility and there is an element that post on the site, that are well out of order.

I. Wonder just who YOU are. Taxi for Jocky! Any drivers free in the area?

martin black
Whether or not willie is the man to go forward with this club will i am sure be addressed. What really goads me about this site is that faceless gutless wonders can insult the taxi profession ( a sponsor of the club by the way) can call for an investor to be ousted, call for a person to be sacked and do it all anonymously . Even the site owner can't bring himself to use his own name. Next to Derrick brown this site is the most damaging thing that east fife fc had and has to deal with.

Martin

You've been critical of this site for years yet you still read and post on it.

Why?

If it really is as evil as you feel why put yourself through such obvious pain?

the knowledge
I. Wonder just who YOU are. Taxi for Jocky! Any drivers free in the area?

Oh aye.. and we all know who 'the knowledge' is eh? What a pathetic post, why bother posting such drivel? It does not really matter who is who because in most cases we don't know who is who. The comments are what matter and just because you are losing the argument, this calling everybody Jocky when they get the better of you, is not going to change the fact that you do not have an argument.

So what is worse, being called Jocky, or being called a taxi driver? Grow up please and stop trying to discredit people because you don't have a brain to come up with a reasoned argument? I haven't defended the manager's record, I have only argued against this stupid reference to taxi drivers, and (Jocky).

martin black
Just who has insulted the Taxi profession.I see no insults what I see is posts saying he is a taxi driver,if he was a lawyer or a accountant and it was posted would you view that as insulting theses professions...I dont think so.Think you have to have a deep look inside your own mind son and see that your own deep rooted biases are fogging your judgement.

HE HAS GONE !!!!!!!

martin black

You have to give this site credit for the positive impact it has as well.

Fans come here as first for news on the club. The takeover was first broadcast here (in November last year), and it's here that I learned of WA's departure.

This site was key to organizing the protests that removed Derrick Brown.

And the site was instrumental in the reaction to Billy Brown's criticism of East Fife fans.

There is a lot of nonsense on here too. Some humorous and some embarrassing.

Overall, I think AFTN is a good thing...... and I suggest so to most of its readers else why would they come here.

martin black

I was going to deal with your points individually till I got to the last one and realised you have no credibility anyway.

This site musters enormous interest in the Club and has done for decades. It's the main 'meeting' place for people with an interest in the Club whether you like it or not. The site, and the people involved in it, have done a huge amount of (unpaid) work for East Fife over the years in many different ways. We have allowed the Club to use the site and this forum as a way of communicating and publicising, something the Club has been happy to do by the way.

I won't go on.

I often don't agree with particular things people post - in fact sometimes I despair at them - but I respect their right to their viewpoint. Overall, I'm proud to have an involvement with the site and thank the people who do way more than I do to make it available.