Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
AFTN Strikes Again

How many managers has AFTN brought down now?

Like it, or loathe it...you cant get away from it!!

Re: AFTN Strikes Again

Results brought W.A down, pure and simple.

Lightning

I'm sure he couldn't care what gets said on here or even reads it

No it was me and my all powerful keyboard.

Lightning

Grow up.

It was the usual relegation battle that has struck again. Yet another poor appointment that hasn't worked out has struck again. Well done the board asking him to resign though.

Noisy Crossbar

If you didnae think you and your powerful keyboard hasn't contributed to Aitchison's downfall, why did you bother posting at all? Jist wondering like.

I. Wonder
Noisy Crossbar

If you didnae think you and your powerful keyboard hasn't contributed to Aitchison's downfall, why did you bother posting at all? Jist wondering like.

Try again in English please.

With relegation looming they have taken a wise decision but ...
I cannot believe that the board would let the post`s on here influence there decision making

Lightning

AFTN threads in the past thought Willie was deluded!!. Nothing to do with AFTN,Willie has walked before being pushed. Its been a mess since start of the season and wrong appointment.At least Willie and the board have recognised it quickly and not waited until January. Please lets not give the job to Naismith lets go for experience.

In print form it took AFTN 6 years to bring down a dud manager, with the power of the internet it now takes less than 6 months. Let us be thankful

Lightning

Like it or loathe it, the SUPPORTERS are the backbone of the club.If on aftn , at the ground , via e-mail or by letter. Remember the mound protests ? the SUPPORTERS views and opinions ARE important , believe it or not

I spoke to WA today and he said that he had been doing all he could to turn things around but in a moment of weakness had read AFTN. When he realised that probably 5% of a home crowd (2.5% if you take away posters with multiple names and posters who don't actually go to games)were baying for his blood on AFTN he wilted under the pressure. He genuinely felt that he could have continued if it hadn't been for the pressure exerted by "the voice of the fans". He also said that when he arrived at Bayview there had been a mass protest by AFTN posters but they were half a mile away,wearing masks and disguising their voices.

However WA's resignation has saved us from last season's posters who were never coming back but did come back but were starting to never come back once more. In a few weeks they will be able to come back again and start planning for the next time they wont be coming back.
Next season a few of them will be due a never coming back testimonial which will be a complete flop because most of those attending will leave and never come back.

Not The Other Chairman
I spoke to WA today and he said that he had been doing all he could to turn things around but in a moment of weakness had read AFTN. When he realised that probably 5% of a home crowd (2.5% if you take away posters with multiple names and posters who don't actually go to games)were baying for his blood on AFTN he wilted under the pressure. He genuinely felt that he could have continued if it hadn't been for the pressure exerted by "the voice of the fans". He also said that when he arrived at Bayview there had been a mass protest by AFTN posters but they were half a mile away,wearing masks and disguising their voices.

However WA's resignation has saved us from last season's posters who were never coming back but did come back but were starting to never come back once more. In a few weeks they will be able to come back again and start planning for the next time they wont be coming back.
Next season a few of them will be due a never coming back testimonial which will be a complete flop because most of those attending will leave and never come back.

and one of these days you`ll actually post somethings that's both interesting and amusing.
In the meantime, keep trying.

Alan
Not The Other Chairman

and one of these days you`ll actually post somethings that's both interesting and amusing.

A reply within 30 mins of my post tells me you may pretend not to enjoy it but can't wait for the next one,you little stalker you.

Not The Other Chairman
Alan
Not The Other Chairman

A reply within 30 mins of my post tells me you may pretend not to enjoy it but can't wait for the next one,you little stalker you.

I'll give you that one

Not The Other Chairman
Alan
Not The Other Chairman

Well I liked the post, more than a hint of truth and quite well thought out.

Not The Other Chairman

Brilliant.

Fifey
Not The Other Chairman

Brilliant.

I actually got a bit confused and now I don't know who is back, come back, coming back, not coming back unless, not coming back, never coming back..... had enough........that's it.......I didn't go today..... ...... On the other hand, when counting them up, allowing for some multiple name posters, it still only adds up to around the 10 mark, which means that it was actually less than 2.5% that forced Willie to resign! These keyboards are indeed very, very powerful!

You can launch a nuke missile using a keyboard.

Just sayin likes.

I. Wonder
allowing for some multiple name posters

thats rich coming from you Jocky

fan
I. Wonder
allowing for some multiple name posters

thats rich coming from you Jocky

I refer you to another post I made, but with a couple of wee changes -

What a pathetic post, why bother posting such drivel? It does not really matter who is who because in most cases we don't know who is who. The comments are what matter and as you are obviously somewhat limited in the intellect department, you then go calling everybody Jocky as some sort of witty statement and pure conjecture! Even funnier, is the fact that you actually believe it!

Anyway, who IS Jocky??

mr305
Lightning

Like it or loathe it, the SUPPORTERS are the backbone of the club.If on aftn , at the ground , via e-mail or by letter. Remember the mound protests ? the SUPPORTERS views and opinions ARE important , believe it or not

Correct. Football without fans is nothing.

I. Wonder
Anyway, who IS Jocky??

I am Spartacus. You are Jocky.

VT
I. Wonder
Anyway, who IS Jocky??

I am Spartacus. You are Jocky.

If you say so 'fan'.

I enjoyed this bit.

Not The Other Chairman

Love to get pissed with this boy, patter is frightening!